Thread: FDA denies Henry Ford Health request to use hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 patients

FDA denies Henry Ford Health request to use hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 patients

Weeks after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration revoked emergency use authorization of hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19, saying the drug doesn't help coronavirus patients and has potentially dangerous side effects, Henry Ford Health System filed for permission to continue using it.

The Detroit-based health system told the Free Press this week that it sought emergency use authorization July 6 to resume treating some COVID-19 patients with the drug, which is commonly used as an anti-malarial medication and for people with autoimmune diseases like lupus.

The request came four days after Henry Ford published a controversial study in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases that suggested hydroxychloroquine slashed the COVID-19 death rate in half. The peer-reviewed observational study contradicted other published reports that showed the drug doesn't help coronavirus patients and could cause heart rhythm problems in some people.

The FDA denied Henry Ford's request this week.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/hea...=snd-autopilot

Don't forget, Trump is fighting the deep state really hard all for your benefit.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump promoted the drug before you even knew about it. The harder he pushes for it, the harder they push back. What is he supposed to do, pull a Hitler and start assassinating people in the government? Be patient. Ya, HCQ would have been a big win, but we are fighting against a force that is more powerful than you can imagine.

When it becomes clear how effective this drug is, who is going to get the blame? The leftwing media, the medical establishment, all of your enemies. And Trump will back whatever it takes to get rid of them.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Trump promoted the drug before you even knew about it. The harder he pushes for it, the harder they push back. What is he supposed to do, pull a Hitler and start assassinating people in the government? Be patient. Ya, HCQ would have been a big win, but we are fighting against a force that is more powerful than you can imagine.

When it becomes clear how effective this drug is, who is going to get the blame? The leftwing media, the medical establishment, all of your enemies. And Trump will back whatever it takes to get rid of them.
    The swamp took over a century to grow and take root but Trump is supposed to eliminate it completely all by himself in less than one term.

Of course if he did go kinetic and drain the swamp overnight the same people would be calling for us to join the commies in a revolution against "the dictator".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I have taken chloroquine and hydrochloroquine my whole life, I knew what it is before Trump talked about it. And no, he did not push hard for the medication, if he can ban tiktok, he can remove the restrictions on the medication.

And how many people would have been placed on vents and died because Trump was trying to play politics with healthcare?

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I have taken chloroquine and hydrochloroquine my whole life, I knew what it is before Trump talked about it. And no, he did not push hard for the medication, if he can ban tiktok, he can remove the restrictions on the medication.

And how many people would have been placed on vents and died because Trump was trying to play politics with healthcare?
    Ok, so I guess you weren't paying attention. He talked about it and promoted it almost every day during the early COVID press conferences. Said it was safe, it's been around for 65 years, it looks promising, we need to try it. Then he actually pushed the FDA to allow an emergency use for the drug. Then big pharma stepped in and showed their muscle, faked studies, removed the emergency use, etc, etc, and made the public believe it was poison.

THEN AFTER ALL THAT, WHEN THE MEDIA THOUGHT THEY HAD ALL THEIR SHEEP CONVINCED IT WAS DANGEROUS, HE ANNOUNCED ON NATIONAL TELEVISION THAT HE HIMSELF WAS TAKING IT.

But ya, according to you, he "didn't do enough". Give me a freaking break.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-13-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ok, so I guess you weren't paying attention. He talked about it and promoted it almost every day during the early COVID press conferences. Said it was safe, it's been around for 65 years, it looks promising, we need to try it. Then he actually pushed the FDA to allow an emergency use for the drug. Then big pharma stepped in and showed their muscle, faked studies, removed the emergency use, etc, etc, and made the public believe it was poison.

THEN AFTER ALL THAT, WHEN THE MEDIA THOUGHT THEY HAD ALL THEIR SHEEP CONVINCED IT WAS DANGEROUS, HE ANNOUNCED ON NATIONAL TELEVISION THAT HE HIMSELF WAS TAKING IT.

So are you saying he did ENOUGH to prevent the banning of the medication? Yea, he talked the good talk but did little in terms of action. His FDA and the people he surrounds himself out maneuvered him on this issue. Sorry Dannno, but he did not do enough

]b]Trump promoted the drug before you even knew about it.[/b] The harder he pushes for it, the harder they push back. What is he supposed to do, pull a Hitler and start assassinating people in the government? Be patient. Ya, HCQ would have been a big win, but we are fighting against a force that is more powerful than you can imagine.

I knew about it and posted here about it before Trump ever made an announcement. That said I will agree that people are reflexively against Trump. If Trump had said "Keep the churches closed" people would have said "He's just doing that because black churches might oppose him."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I knew about it and posted here about it before Trump ever made an announcement. That said I will agree that people are reflexively against Trump. If Trump had said "Keep the churches closed" people would have said "He's just doing that because black churches might oppose him."
    His FDA did not have to ban anything. He could have allowed medical hospitals to experiment with the medication as long as they followed the already enacted regulations. What they are doing right now will kill people.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His FDA did not have to ban anything. He could have allowed medical hospitals to experiment with the medication as long as they followed the already enacted regulations. What they are doing right now will kill people.
    I guess promoting it more than anybody else on the planet isn't enough for you, so maybe nothing will ever be enough.

The only thing I think that might have been more effective would have been for him to come out and say it was a dangerous drug, and nobody should ever take it for COVID.. but that could have just resulted in the media cheering him on and agreeing with him for once, since they clearly don't want this thing to end and want as many dead as possible.. so that Trump won't be elected. He was the primary motivator for them to release the virus.

Fauci is being exposed, the whole medical establishment is being exposed. If this is successful, it will be the biggest and best thing to happen for medical freedom ever in the history of time. But it won't happen if Biden is elected. Trump doesn't make shortterm plays, he makes longterm plays. That is how successful business people operate.

I guess promoting it more than anybody else on the planet isn't enough for you, so maybe nothing will ever be enough.

The only thing I think that might have been more effective would have been for him to come out and say it was a dangerous drug, and nobody should ever take it for COVID.. but that could have just resulted in the media cheering him on and agreeing with him for once, since they clearly don't want this thing to end and want as many dead as possible.. so that Trump won't be elected. He was the primary motivator for them to release the virus.

Fauci is being exposed, the whole medical establishment is being exposed. If this is successful, it will be the biggest and best thing to happen for medical freedom ever in the history of time. But it won't happen if Biden is elected. Trump doesn't make shortterm plays, he makes longterm plays. That is how successful business people operate.
    This is the problem with Trump surrounding himself with deep state agents and Bill Gates acolytes. You end up having half of your fights with people you put in power. It is a very inefficient way of doing business. One or two of em in place maybe OK but when they are in every dept, advisory roles etc etc, it becomes a problem. I blame Trump for this regulation and I don't care if some people think I am reflectively against Trump.

This is the problem with Trump surrounding himself with deep state agents and Bill Gates acolytes. You end up having half of your fights with people you put in power. It is a very inefficient way of doing business. One or two of em in place maybe OK but when they are in every dept, advisory roles etc etc, it becomes a problem. I blame Trump for this regulation and I don't care if some people think I am reflectively against Trump.
    Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    True, but when you surround yourself with your enemies, it only makes em easier for them to stab you in the back. Ceaser with Brutus, Trump with 3 dozens of the people in his admin. Like I said, one, two or even 3 would be OK but when they run the majority of the depts, then you have no chance.

True, but when you surround yourself with your enemies, it only makes em easier for them to stab you in the back. Ceaser with Brutus, Trump with 3 dozens of the people in his admin. Like I said, one, two or even 3 would be OK but when they run the majority of the depts, then you have no chance.

It's almost like that was the intention from the beginning.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's almost like that was the intention from the beginning.
    Yup, his hands are tied but he is the one who bought the rope and chose the knot. This is why I can't get onboard with Trump. He is the cook in the boiling frog experiment and we will all die a slow painful death if we let continue down this road.

The economy was destroyed under his watch and the only response he has is to pay big pharma to create billions of vaccines that they plan on giving us.

You are right. Trump is a punk and an empty suit. If he was a real leader, or even a real man, when Dr. Fauci wrote in the New England Journal of Medicine that COVID wasn't any worse than the regular flu, but then told Jake Tapper the reason the administration didn't act sooner was because there was "pushback", Trump should have held a press conference, read Fauci's own words, and then fired Fauci on the spot. He didn't because he is a punk. He will go on Twitter tirades against people who aren't even in his administration but he won't deal with the open festering sore of Fauci.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I'm getting tired of that ridiculous excuse for Trump's ineptitude. Jeffery Epstein's lawyer gets hired by Trump? It's because it's a secret plot by Trump to get Epstein arrested....even though that had nothing to do with Epstein getting arrested. It's ridiculous.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump could've done more.

All those people like Fauci and Brix could be fired. The FDA is full garbage, he could do something about that.

At this point, 5 months after we started talking about covid and hcq, he should make it OTC.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Trump could've done more.

All those people like Fauci and Brix could be fired. The FDA is full garbage, he could do something about that.

At this point, 5 months after we started talking about covid and hcq, he should make it OTC.
    I don't think your plan would succeed in making HCQ more accepted or more available, therefore it would not be beneficial in the longrun. That is why Trump's plan is better, because his plan can succeed and it is beneficial in the longrun.

I'm certain Trump would like HCQ to be able to be sold over the counter and if there was a way to accomplish that as well as convince people it is ok to take without losing all of his political capital, without states banning it, and possibly losing the election, he would do so.
    Last edited by dannno; 08-15-2020 at 02:22 AM.

All I know is that, once all this is over, somebody needs to go to prison for keeping the triple drug treatment, HCQ + Zn + Azithromycin out of people's hands.

Countries that aggressively used HCQ in early intervention experienced a 78 percent lower death rate than countries that did not.

Thousands have died needlessly in the United States, all due to nothing more than "Orange Man Bad".

That is beyond insane, and is, in fact, murderously criminal.

Face diaper mandates do not work.

Early use of HCQ-Zn-Az, either as a treatment for those infected or prophylaxis treatment for high risk people, does.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-15-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    All I know is that, once all this is over, somebody needs to go to prison for keeping the triple drug treatment, HCQ + Zn + Azithromycin out of people's hands.

Countries that aggressively used HCQ in early intervention experienced a 78 percent lower death rate than countries that did not.

Thousands have died needlessly in the United States, all due to nothing more than "Orange Man Bad".

That is beyond insane, and is, in fact, murderously criminal.

Face diaper mandates do not work.

Early use of HCQ-Zn-Az, either as a treatment for those infected or prophylaxis treatment for high risk people, does.
    Many people need to be executed for what they have done.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment