Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biden suspends all new offshore oil drilling by Executive Order

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    I answered before you asked and based it on policy. "Yes I hate Trump" is for the bots.
    Thank you. Dismissed.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I would guess he isn't in the armed forces, and thus was not affected by the troop withdrawl.

I would guess his employment has not been significantly impacted by the Obama administration policies that were reversed by Trump or the Democrat governors who wanted to shut down the economy over COVID, while Trump was trying to keep our economy open.

I would guess they get most of their information from the fake news.

I would also guess they are really bad at strategy. Saying that Trump should veto a bill that will end up getting passed anyway is not necessarily good strategy as it requires the loss of political capital that was required to get other things done.
    Or one could read my simple, easy to understand post based on policy instead of guessing.

Trump didn't keep his word. He increased spending, our troops still all over the world, there is no transparency in our Federal Reserve. <<< All of these are bad.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Thank you. Dismissed.
    You're welcome. Take a hike

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Or one could read my simple, easy to understand post based on policy instead of guessing.

Trump didn't keep his word. He increased spending, our troops still all over the world, there is no transparency in our Federal Reserve. <<< All of these are bad.
    Congress increased spending, and there are far fewer troops abroad.. and most importantly, he stopped funding ISIS which was also taxpayer money going to kill people in the middle east.

That is called harm reduction.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Everything is fine. You can retrain in I.T. or gender studies.
    @ Anti Federalist Quick test question, what is this?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

Budd Dwyer faked his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    As I've noted before, this is the third time government has put me, directly, out of business.
    And this is why I've been flying under the radar as long as I have. The downsides are many, but there it is.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Congress increased spending, and there are far fewer troops abroad.. and most importantly, he stopped funding ISIS which was also taxpayer money going to kill people in the middle east.

That is called harm reduction.
    He didn't veto the spending and he should have. He should have called out all the republicans who voted for the increase and he didn't.
    Far fewer? Isn't it ~210000 to ~180000? Not nearly enough

Was he as bad as Obama or Bush? No but he didn't do nearly enough good imo.

Biden admin now to ban for a year.

Keep in mind this is both offshore and shoreside permits.

Even after Deepwater Horizon, Obama did not ban new permits for a full year.

Even so, permit issuance fell dramatically on both shoreside federal lands and offshore leases.

Deepwater Horizon happened on 20 April 2010.

Three years later, on 23 April 2013 WTI, crude stood at $103 per bbl.

Right now it is at $52.

Biden to ban new permits for drilling on federal lands, waters for one year
    Biden wants to 'transition' away from oil

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...l-lands-waters

By Jonathan Garber, Edward Lawrence

The Biden Administration is set to extend a ban on new leases for oil and gas drilling and fracking on federal lands and waters for one year as it attempts to combat climate change, a source told FOX Business.

The decision comes days after President Biden signed an executive order that putting drilling and fracking on hold for 60 days. Biden on the campaign trail called for the U.S. to phase out its dependence on fossil fuels.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-26-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Joe Biden to Ban New Fracking Leases on Federal Lands Despite Promise Not To

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-ban-fracking/

Charlie Spiering 27 Jan 2021

President Joe Biden will announce a ban on new oil and gas leases on federal lands and waters on Wednesday, according to several reports.

Biden’s decision bars any new fracking on federal lands despite his campaign promise not to ban the practice.

“I am not banning fracking. Let me say that again: I am not banning fracking,” Biden said in August 2020 during the presidential campaign. “No matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me.”

Despite multiple promises to end fracking and fossil fuels during the Democrat primary or end “new fracking,” Biden clarified while campaigning in Pennsylvania ahead of the presidential election that he would only ban new fracking on federal lands.

“No, I would not shut down this industry. I know our Republican friends are trying to say I said that,” Biden said about fracking in an interview with Pittsburg’s KDKA News.

“I said I would not do any new leases on federal lands,” Biden continued. “Ninety percent of the leases are not on federal land, to begin with. I would make sure … the water is not being contaminated. But I would not shut it down, no.”

The issue of a fracking ban was prominently featured in the final presidential debate when Biden falsely stated that he never said he would ban fracking.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't worry. It's all good.

John Kerry says it's not the Biden administration's fault if people lose their jobs - it's because of "market forces".

And anyway, those people can just go get jobs at Solyndra ...

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...91102276022272
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Good news. Petroleum for fuel is 19th century tech.

Time to move on and take better care of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

The fat man in a dress whose medical specialty is mental health and dietary issues.

Who now has regulatory power over you.

Who can close your business, shut you down, fine and jail you.

You cisgender $#@!lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

Streets are clean and so is the air because of petroleum.

Take a look at any large city from 1900...covered in horse$#@! and choking on charcoal, coal and woodfired hearths.

Remove petroleum from the world overnight, and within 6 months, 4 billion people would be dead.

But that's what you Marxist pieces of $#@! want at the end of it all, isn't it?

Streets are clean and so is the air because of petroleum.

Take a look at any large city from 1900...covered in horse$#@! and choking on charcoal, coal and woodfired hearths.

Remove petroleum from the world overnight, and within 6 months, 4 billion people would be dead.

But that's what you Marxist pieces of $#@! want at the end of it all, isn't it?
    Yes sir. Plus, see the list I posted above. People have no idea what products are derived from oil and natural gas.

The fat man in a dress whose medical specialty is mental health and dietary issues.

Who now has regulatory power over you.

Who can close your business, shut you down, fine and jail you.

You cisgender $#@!lord.
    ROFLMAO!

You sir, get an A+

+rep

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

https://twitter.com/NicoleArbour/sta...61268918042624
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Looks like a horrifying monster.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    As I've noted before, this is the third time government has put me, directly, out of business.
    Could you become self employed in some variation of your skills? Anything you can think of that is less vulnerable to job killers in government?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Could you become self employed in some variation of your skills? Anything you can think of that is less vulnerable to job killers in government?
    Starting over sucks.. done it several times myself.

Forced unemployment since 2006. and I have come to accept that.. but it still sucks.

on the Plus side.. I have paid no income tax since 2005/2006.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-29-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Nah, I'm toast, at least from this angle of it.

In this field I focused on, staying on top of DP technology, a very narrow subset of marine skills, designed for one purpose, to facilitate vessel offshore re-supply and service of ultra deepwater drilling rigs, there is no comparable or equivalent skill set.

Outside of a few, one in a thousand, type of research or construction or government projects, the vessels, the technology and the skills are now useless in the US, all by the stroke of a pen of addlepated $#@! who has never created anything or built anything or done an honest day's work in his life. Cheered on and supported by millions of fellow addlepated morons. And they talk of unity...I have more common purpose with a banana slug than your average modern Amerikunt.

And, unlike the flyboys, we do not have the luxury of re-certifying or renewing our skills and documents on simulators: to renew a maritime license requires at least two years of sea time in every five year renewal period, in addition hundreds of hours of classroom training.

I've got one foot in retirement and one foot in disability due to age and an arthritic knee condition...call it "retireability"... I'll see where that leads me...but $#@!, I can see why, from things like this to family problems to finance problems...I can see why middle aged white men blow their brains out in such large and increasing numbers. Without the benefit of what was a costly private disability insurance program I'd be in a bind. Even worse if I went the way of most, with "kids in Marxist training" to the tune of 100k a year, huge mortgage and three massive new car payments.

Just a quick reminder that creepy joe is a pr puppet of the un and more recently the wef. Joe doesnt decide or do anything.

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/stat...71067147005953
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12