Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frightening Truth About Animal Protein and Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    You haven't been following my posts close enough because I've never said any amount of meat will give people cancer or heart disease, but that the science is clear that eating too much animal products is the leading cause of both of those two diseases that are our #1 & #2 killers. It's like smoking. Having a pack of cigarettes a month probably won't do much harm, but having a couple packs a day WILL lead to cancer as the science is clear about.
    I wrote that you changed your tune when your arguments were proven wanting.

Your OP statement:

"Cancer is a function of nutrient intake and in this particular case, protein intake. Nutrition controls cancer growth."
    Not a word about rate of consumption.

QED.

Please cut the bull$#@! and either prove that your claim that meat causes cancer in sé, concede you have no convincing argument, or at least show the integrity of admitting that you have altered your position from the OP.

You cannot get away with anything here. Far too many sharp people.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of rhubarb...
    The sour sure would be a proper match.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I wrote that you changed your tune when your arguments were proven wanting.

Your OP statement:

Not a word about rate of consumption.
    That was a quote from the scientist. Take it up with him.

That was a quote from the scientist. Take it up with him.
    Weak attempt at deflection. Please tell us you have more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Couldn't put anything in her yak hole but a cucumber anyway....
    What a criminally horrible thing to do to a cucumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYPAxEcZeuw
    I've always had a weakness for the Oz accent. For the first time in my life I am utterly and completely repulsed by an Australian woman. Good job!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Weak attempt at deflection. Please tell us you have more than that.
    What am I defecting? Not understanding the point you're trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I respectfully disagree with that assessment. Mass amounts of fruits and grains (sugars and carbs)? There is ample scientific evidence to refute that particular claim.
    Such as?

Also, humans didn't 'begin to thrive' as a result of the grains they farmed... they thrived because they stopped moving from place to place and built cities, invented writing to tally crops, began commerce, etc. The beginning of human civilization is not because of eating freaking grains.... that is an outrageous and unsupported claim.
    All successful civilizations had some kind of starch as their staple food to fuel them to success.

My recommendation for eating starches puts glazed looks on people’s faces, and many dismiss me as certifiably crazy. They think of starch as something used in the laundry to stiffen shirts. Starch brings back memories of pasty bland-tasting goop, and white, airy Wonder Bread. Most disturbing is that nearly everyone believes starches are fattening and nutritionally inferior foods. Fortunately, common knowledge is completely wrong and the proof is right before your own eyes.

The most important evidence supporting my claim that the natural human diet is based on starches is a simple observation that you can easily validate for yourself: All large populations of trim, healthy people, throughout verifiable human history, have obtained the bulk of their calories from starch. Examples of once thriving people include Japanese, Chinese, and other Asians eating sweet potatoes, buckwheat, and/or rice, Incas in South America eating potatoes, Mayans and Aztecs in Central America eating corn, and Egyptians in the Middle East eating wheat. There have been only a few small isolated populations of primitive people, such as the Arctic Eskimos, living at the extremes of the environment, who have eaten otherwise. Therefore, scientific documentation of what people have eaten over the past thirteen thousand years convincingly supports my claim.

Men and women following diets based on grains, vegetables, and fruits have accomplished all of the great feats in history. The ancient conquerors of Europe and Asia, including the armies of Alexander the Great (356 – 323 BC) and Genghis Khan (1162 – 1227 AD) consumed starch-based diets. Caesar’s legions complained when they had too much meat in their diet and preferred to do their fighting on grains.1 Primarily six foods: barley, maize (corn), millet, potatoes, rice, and wheat have fueled the caloric engines of human civilization.

Starches Consumed Throughout History
    Barley – Middle East for 11,000 years
    Corn (maize) – North, Central, and South America for 7,000 years
    Legumes – Americas, Asia, and Europe for 6,000 years
    Millet – Africa for 6,000 years
    Oats – Middle East for 11,000 years
    Potatoes – South America (Andes) for 13,000 years
    Sorghum – East Africa for 6,000 years
    Sweet Potatoes – South America and Caribbean for 5,000 years
    Rice – Asia for more than 10,000 years
    Rye – Asia for 5000 years
    Wheat – Near East for 10,000 years
    https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2009nl/feb/starch.htm
    I stand by my assertion that eating what humans evolved to eat, mainly a mix of some meat, fat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and some grains... is vastly superior human nutrition than mass amounts of carbs and sugars (fruits and grains).
    On my paleo nonsense thread, I posted links that science shows humans were frugivores, getting most of our calories from fruit just like most of the rest of the great apes, and after that we because starchivores and that's why we really started to thrive as a species.

I think in the future, one of the things humanity will look back on as a massively costly mistake was removing fat from our foods and replacing it with sugar/carbs.
    It's impossible to remove fat from our food. Fruit, starches, beans, and vegetables all have fat in them and there are plenty of plant fats like avocado, olives, and nuts & seeds.

The biggest costly mistake is what is causing 6 of our top 10 leading causes of death; too much animal products.

Heart disease
    Cancer
    • Chronic lower respiratory diseases
    • Accidents (unintentional injuries)
    Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
    Alzheimer's disease
    Diabetes
    • Influenza and pneumonia
    • (Kidney disease) Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis
    • Intentional self-harm (suicide)
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lead...s-of-death.htm

By your claim this:

is healthier than this:

I find that assertion to be ignorant in extremis.
    Fast clean energy carbs, or slow energy saturated fat and cholesterol laden meat. Hmm.

Which was? Animal cruelty so we should kill meat eaters or force them to go vegan.
    Maybe you should watch the video the whole way through.

Just like anything, they do if you eat too much of them and don't get off your ass occasionally.
    So the reason you eat so alarmingly little is you're a sedentary couch potato?

So now you are just insulting the hell out of anyone who doesn't worship your lifestyle? WTF is wrong with you? Is this what abandoning meat does to a soul? Turns you into a raging ass?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So now you are just insulting the hell out of anyone who doesn't worship your lifestyle? WTF is wrong with you? Is this what abandoning meat does to a soul? Turns you into a raging ass?
    Most zealots come off that way.

I give liberty zealots a pass only because they don't want to do anything to you past that.

Chester Copperpot

one thing I can say is that when I went on my vegan diet for 7 weeks and then went off it, i had an aversion to meat. I dont have that aversion anymore though even though I really havent eaten any meat.. but I cant wait until I do lol.. could really go for a beef burrito rightnow

I did a long time ago but I don't have the stomach for her. Must be all the meat

Nope. I eat when I feel hungry and stop when I feel full.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I did a long time ago but I don't have the stomach for her. Must be all the meat
    Maybe it's not enough calories.

Nope. I eat when I feel hungry and stop when I feel full.
    If I only eat a scoop of peanut butter a day and that makes me feel full, that would be perfectly healthy?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Maybe it's not enough calories.

If I only eat a scoop of peanut butter a day and that makes me feel full, that would be perfectly healthy?
    You might have more success with convincing people if you didnt act like your knew more about their bodies than their own bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    You might have more success with convincing people if you didnt act like your knew more about their bodies than their own bodies.
    I think you're the last person around here who should be talking.

Chester Copperpot

I think you're the last person around here who should be talking.
    Im not sure why youd say that.. Its quite evident you dont play well with others, thats why you create all this animosity against you and veganism to boot.

Im not sure why youd say that.. Its quite evident you dont play well with others, thats why you create all this animosity against you and veganism to boot.
    People like you, tod, dannno, donnay, and gunny are the one's who can't play well with others who have a different view point.

Oh, and Lucille. You should read the crazy stuff she says to me when giving me a negative rep.

Well we eat more animal products than ever and heart disease and cancer have now become are our two biggest killers. Coincidence?
    Au contraire. The modern diet eats more sugars, carbs, and grains then ever before and right along with the modern diet has become cancer, heart disease, obesity and diabetes. Coincidence? The modern diet eats far, far less animal product than hunter gatherer societies which have virtually zero incidence of any of these modern ailments.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Au contraire. The modern diet eats more sugars, carbs, and grains then ever before and right along with the modern diet has become cancer, heart disease, obesity and diabetes. Coincidence? The modern diet eats far, far less animal product than hunter gatherer societies which have virtually zero incidence of any of these modern ailments.
    plus add in that majority of meat eaten is $#@! factory farmed animals fed a bunch of GMO grain, candy, literal garbage from trash cans... so all that stuff is in the meat when people eat it.. people are eating sick plants and animals

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    The modern diet eats far, far less animal product than hunter gatherer societies which have virtually zero incidence of any of these modern ailments.

I don't recall you EVER acting anything even remotely like this guy. So I certainly was not trying to include you in any of that. But this really is a problem with a lot of anti meat people. Not all, but a lot. I just came from a YouTube where some Tajiks broke a glass jar off from around a cat's head, and some guy in the comments was acting all 'better than you lot' and raising cain because HE was a vegan, and us savages weren't. This was on a video of some random people rescuing a cat. Maybe their rescuing of a cat from certain death doesn't count because they occasionally eat bacon?? I dunno. It's a problem they have. It's a problem that a lot of them have. It is not a problem that you have.
    Thanks Gunny. I think the problem exists more with the vegans than the vegetarians. On another forum, I was just recently harangued over and over by vegans for "supporting animal suffering" by drinking milk. I can't stand that attitude. They would catch more flies with honey, but then they're against eating honey!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    Thanks Gunny. I think the problem exists more with the vegans than the vegetarians. On another forum, I was just recently harangued over and over by vegans for "supporting animal suffering" by drinking milk. I can't stand that attitude. They would catch more flies with honey, but then they're against eating honey!
    Tell them you go to a dairy farm where none of the animals suffer. That'll fix 'em

Tell them you go to a dairy farm where none of the animals suffer. That'll fix 'em
    Unfortunately, I am not aware of a dairy in my area that lets the cows live out their natural life, lets the calves have some of the milk, and doesn't sell the calves for meat. If I did, then I would get my milk from there. I am aware of such farms in other states, but not here. So until I find a farm like that in my area, there is some suffering involved, but I don't think that should mean that I have to go vegan until I can find a farm where none of the animals suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieu View Post
    No one's doing that over here despite what some paranoid heavy meat eaters claim.

No one's doing that over here despite what some paranoid heavy meat eaters claim.
    It's good that no one is doing that for dairy here, though I was just noting that I've experienced that on other forums.

Absolutely true. farreri, I have no idea why you are on a liberty forum. Every one of your threads is manipulative fearmongering about what might happen to people if they don't do what you think they should be doing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Absolutely true. farreri, I have no idea why you are on a liberty forum. Every one of your threads is manipulative fearmongering about what might happen to people if they don't do what you think they should be doing.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234