Thread: Mo. kop killin'

Mo. kop killin'

Expect more of this what with sentencing the way it is.

It really makes no sense to go quietly when you face a 97% conviction rate via plea bargain for the biggest portion of your life....

Suspect accused of shooting, killing Missouri police officer arrested

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/09...-arrested.html

The man wanted in connection with the deadly shooting of a Missouri police officer on Sunday was arrested Tuesday in Urich, following an all-out police dragnet, Fox 4 KC reported.

Police surrounded a home in Chilhowee earlier Tuesday after officers descended on the small town in search of Ian McCarthy, wanted for the murder of Police Officer Gary Michael.

Michael, 37, died after McCarthy allegedly burst out of a Dodge Nitro at a traffic stop and started shooting around 10:45 p.m. Sunday, KHSB reported.

McCarthy was charged with first-degree murder.

About 100 local, county and state law enforcement officers had been looking for McCarthy since the shooting. Investigators believe McCarthy jumped from his vehicle and shot the 37-year-old Michael, before driving a short distance, crashing his vehicle and fleeing on foot.

Authorities earlier Tuesday converged on another home in Chilhowee, about 25 miles northwest of Clinton after fielding a tip that McCarthy might be hiding there. But Highway Patrol Sgt. Bill Lowe said that search also proved fruitless.

McCarthy is also wanted in New Hampshire, where a warrant was issued in 2013 when he failed to show up for sentencing on a disorderly conduct charge, according to court records in that state. He served about four years in prison there for first-degree assault and a parole violation. He also is wanted on a warrant out of Johnson County in 2015 for unlawful possession of a firearm.

It's possible that those warrants prompted McCarthy to shoot Michael to avoid arrest, Lowe said. He also could have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or not in his right mind for some reason, but "it's hard to say unless we have him here to ask," Lowe said Tuesday afternoon.

Moments before Michael was shot, a man identified as McCarthy was seen on surveillance video entering a Clinton convenience store and buying cigar wrappers, according to a probable cause affidavit by Sgt. Greg Martin, an investigator with the highway patrol. The footage later showed McCarthy driving away in a Dodge Nitro before a Clinton officer in an SUV activates his lights to pull over McCarthy, Martin wrote. Michael managed to give a dispatcher a description of the Nitro — registered to McCarthy — before the officer was shot, Martin wrote.

Michael, who had been on the force less than a year, was the first police officer killed in the line of duty in Clinton, a town of about 9,000 people about 75 miles southeast of Kansas City. He was a military police officer overseas for about five years before returning to the Kansas City area. He decided in his 30s to become a police officer and served in Appleton City for a short time before joining the force in Clinton.

Survivors include his wife, three children and a grandchild. His brother, Chris Michael, told area media that Gary had always wanted to serve.

"My brother was a light to the world," Chris Michael said. "One man's bad decision took that light from the world. He was a husband, he was a father, he was a brother and he did all of them pretty darn good."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes I agree.

If sleeping in your car renders the same DUI as driving, why sleep it off in your car?

When you have nothing to lose anything is a gain.

About 100 local, county and state law enforcement officers had been looking for McCarthy since the shooting. Investigators believe McCarthy jumped from his vehicle and shot the 37-year-old Michael, before driving a short distance, crashing his vehicle and fleeing on foot.
    100?! Well, there's an efficient use of resources!

Authorities earlier Tuesday converged on another home in Chilhowee, about 25 miles northwest of Clinton after fielding a tip that McCarthy might be hiding there. But Highway Patrol Sgt. Bill Lowe said that search also proved fruitless.
    How many dogs did they kill there?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    100?! Well, there's an efficient use of resources!

How many dogs did they kill there?
    Better than shaking down citizens for revenue.

Anything to get them off the people's backs.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Is the Officer OK?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Is the Officer OK?
    neg rep

These guys put it on the line for you every day and they deserve your respect.

/s
    Last edited by sparebulb; 08-09-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Is the Officer OK?
    Resting peacefully.

I can't believe someone would just shoot an Officer like that. To kill an innocent person like that, who never did harm to anybody, who just was trying to live his life in peace & quiet. And then his life got stolen from him, by some coward with a gun.

Its just wrong.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Resting peacefully.
    Let me know if there is any change in his condition.

I can't believe someone would just shoot an Officer like that. To kill an innocent person like that, who never did harm to anybody, who just was trying to live his life in peace & quiet. And then his life got stolen from him, by some coward with a gun.

Its just wrong.
    You need more zazz.

For those interested, I believe the Missouri police department is accepting donations for funeral expenses. The more money they raise, the longer they can shut down the highways for the funeral procession
    - Kim Kardashian

For those interested, I believe the Missouri police department is accepting donations for funeral expenses. The more money they raise, the longer they can shut down the highways for the funeral procession
    Imagine talking to more enlightened people.

Resting peacefully.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.
    "The Patriarch"

C'mon. I'm about as anti-LE as one can get and still won't poke fun when someone loses a son, husband, and or father. Poor taste, imo. But y'all do you.

Hope all the best for his family. $#@!ty situation all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    C'mon. I'm about as anti-LE as one can get and still won't poke fun when someone loses a son, husband, and or father. Poor taste, imo. But y'all do you.

Hope all the best for his family. $#@!ty situation all the way around.
    Have you ever seen the kops high-five each other once they have killed, beaten, or tazed someone's son, husband, or father?

I have.

Society is giving what we get.

They did it to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Have you ever seen the kops high-five each other once they have killed, beaten, or tazed someone's son, husband, or father?

I have.

Society is giving what we get.

They did it to themselves.
    I hear ya. Maybe I'm just a big softie when it comes to death and emotional pain.

While I refuse to shed a tear for them (Live by the sword, die by the sword), I can't help but feel bad for them and their families.

To each their own, I just can't do it. I'll be a dick in PLENTY other ways to make up for it though. LOL

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad they caught the guy.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Glad they caught the guy.
    Remember, the millions of people who have prior drug convictions are all better off wasting any kop that wants to $#@! with them...

This is called having to sleep in the bed you made.

Remember, the millions of people who have prior drug convictions are all better off wasting any kop that wants to $#@! with them...

This is called having to sleep in the bed you made.
    Respectfully disagree. 'wasting any kop' is not the path of peace and truth
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Respectfully disagree. 'wasting any kop' is not the path of peace and truth
    If Jimbo is looking at 15-20 years or more for another drug conviction and he's 40ish already the farthest thing from his mind is going to be "peace and truth".

Legislators and their muscle created these people who really are better off trying for street 'justice' sad as it may be.....

It's really too bad that the legislators aren't getting shot too seeing as how they're equally culpable.

[edit]

Many people look at the situation like here's some tax-tick who would break up my family and ruin my life.........If I have the option of breaking up his family and ruining his life first then the world is better off in that he won't ruin anybody else's lives...
    Last edited by tod evans; 08-10-2017 at 11:29 AM.

If Jimbo is looking at 15-20 years or more for another drug conviction and he's 40ish already the farthest thing from his mind is going to be "peace and truth".

Legislators and their muscle created these people who really are better off trying for street 'justice' sad as it may be.....

It's really too bad that the legislators aren't getting shot too seeing as how they're equally culpable.
    Now we're advocating killing cops AND legislators??

Didn't we just witness a leftist wacko try to kill some legislators (including RAND PAUL)?

Violence is not the path, brother.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Now we're advocating killing cops AND legislators??

Didn't we just witness a leftist wacko try to kill some legislators (including RAND PAUL)?

Violence is not the path, brother.
    I'm not advocating anything. You could however accuse me of lamenting that legislators don't reap what they sow...

Merely posting about the situation as I see it.

Violence was never the stoners choice.

I've never once heard sane people advocate for SWAT to serve warrants, nor have I heard sane people advocate for decades of prison time for any drug offence.

The people who push this agenda are, in my opinion, insane. And that encompasses kops/kourts and the legislature.

Is the Officer OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    neg rep

These guys put it on the line for you every day and they deserve your respect.

/s
    95% of cops give the 5% that are honest a bad name. Incoming Neg Rep.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?