Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A MOB of rampaging monkeys have stormed a village in Indonesia

A MOB of rampaging monkeys have stormed a village in Indonesia

A MOB of rampaging monkeys
    have stormed a village in Indonesia entering houses and attacking humans.

Seven people were injured – one critically – after the wild animals went on the attack.

A teenage boy was badly bitten by one of the vicious creatures and is still being treated in hospital.

Local authorities in South Sulawesi province, eastern Indonesia, are investigating why the primates entered Toddang Pulu village.

Monkeys are usually afraid of humans and it is unclear why they would have left their forest home.

The 2011 movie Rise of Planet of the Apes was a fictional tale of chimps escaping from an ape facility and attacking humans.
    Last edited by presence; 01-30-2013 at 02:50 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reason number 782 for an armed citizenry - keep the monkeys in the trees, dammit!
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

This sounds like a "n-word" joke.

They had to tag a planet of the apes line onto that?

Seriously? The first thing the author thought of is that the monkeys were trying to subjugate humans as slaves?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Seriously, who loses a fight to a monkey? I'm just an average guy and I'd like to think I could take on a couple monkeys in a fight pretty easily. Just give em the old boot to the head or choke them out.

Unless they meant apes (which aren't monkeys) because they are ungodly strong.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Seriously, who loses a fight to a monkey? I'm just an average guy and I'd like to think I could take on a couple monkeys in a fight pretty easily. Just give em the old boot to the head or choke them out.

Unless they meant apes (which aren't monkeys) because they are ungodly strong.

LOL, easy to say. Maybe harder to do? It WAS a mob of them......
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    LOL, easy to say. Maybe harder to do? It WAS a mob of them......
    Yeah, I've been covered by ants, (well, more than I wanted to be) and their being small wasn't disposative except of the ultimate outcome.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seriously, who loses a fight to a monkey?
    You do, bitch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	African_Baboon.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	1727
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Unless they meant apes (which aren't monkeys)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    They had to tag a planet of the apes line onto that?

Seriously? The first thing the author thought of is that the monkeys were trying to subjugate humans as slaves?

I thought the monkey's were the slaves who rebelled.. or did they change the story?

something agitated the monkeys, either they all have rabies(or something like it), someone killed one of their kin, or they are starving and went looting from the local hairless monkey tribe.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I thought the monkey's were the slaves who rebelled.. or did they change the story?

something agitated the monkeys, either they all have rabies(or something like it), someone killed one of their kin, or they are starving and went looting from the local hairless monkey tribe.
    Torchbearer, CMP (Certified Monkey Psychologist).

All primates (sans humans) have incredible upper body strength for their size. I remember reading where a 100 pound Chimp has the equivalent strength of a 500 pound human male. Without a gun or blade, humans are pretty much defense-less when attacked by a fellow primate. We are, pound-for-pound, one of the weakest species on the planet, which makes sense: we evolved using tools that supplemented physical strength and over time that physical strength was lost.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Flash Mob?
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Much more likely. Some disturbance.

As to the movie, I do think the monkey's may have initially been slaves but then I thought they turned the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by loveableteddybear View Post
    You're the only idiot to say so.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    All primates (sans humans) have incredible upper body strength for their size. I remember reading where a 100 pound Chimp has the equivalent strength of a 500 pound human male. Without a gun or blade, humans are pretty much defense-less when attacked by a fellow primate. We are, pound-for-pound, one of the weakest species on the planet, which makes sense: we evolved using tools that supplemented physical strength and over time that physical strength was lost.
    Some speculate that **** erectus and **** sapiens evolved lighter arms to help them run better bipedally because persistence hunting had become a major source of food.

And note that in the fascinating article erowe1 posted here:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Human-Contact

The young man discovered persistence hunting entirely on his own. Pretty good evidence that we are built for it. Chimps are faster than we are in a sprint (almost anything is) but almost no animal on the planet beats a human in the long run. Skinny arms, yes, but able to run down a kudu and kill it with a knife.

Solidarity protest?

Last edited by presence; 01-30-2013 at 02:56 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

A couple years ago I went to Malaysia and with my best friend we went to some some ancient buddhist temple that you have to climb about a thousand flights of stairs in the jungle to reach. Flanking the stairs all the way up are monkeys. We were told to buy a bag of peanuts to give to the monkeys as a 'toll' or else risk getting attacked. We bought two bags each, just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate View Post
    A couple years ago I went to Malaysia and with my best friend we went to some some ancient buddhist temple that you have to climb about a thousand flights of stairs in the jungle to reach. Flanking the stairs all the way up are monkeys. We were told to buy a bag of peanuts to give to the monkeys as a 'toll' or else risk getting attacked. We bought two bags each, just in case...
    You were just encouraging inflation....

makes me wonder if the peanut venders created the situation to begin with...

You were just encouraging inflation....

makes me wonder if the peanut venders created the situation to begin with...
    I think they and the monkeys have some sort of deal going on.

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    Not idiotic, it's called "clever."

virus experiment gone bad?
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Much more likely. Some disturbance.

As to the movie, I do think the monkey's may have initially been slaves but then I thought they turned the tables.

talking about original movies or new movie?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Torchbearer, CMP (Certified Monkey Psychologist).
    I'm surrounded by monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    virus experiment gone bad?

zombie monkeys?

Quote Originally Posted by loveableteddybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    Naggers?

Watch the episode free: With Apologies to Jessie Jackson. Or watch the first few minutes cause sometimes the episodes don't.... so well.

Apparently monkeys routinely do such things in that part of the world; I've read of this exact scenario it seems about 5 or 6 separate times now. I'm surprised nobody ever just fires a gun off to scare them away.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Well as humans are primates, we still can contain some of those strengths by exercising. I know there was a moderate sized girl who was in a high school wrestling team who totally have beaten a large buffy guy.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss, from The Lorax

I dreamt this. It came true. If the trend holds, which is must, the monkeys will next construct sea going vessels and invade California, we need to act now. Drone the monkeys! Should be easy, they are not even people.

If we don't drone them over there, before long they will be over hear slinging poop at your grandma.

Drone the monkey.
    Last edited by bolil; 02-12-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    Best of luck in life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast