Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did we not support Gary Johnson last time?

I voted for Gary Johnson.

The best reason not to vote for him and what I regret the most was his neocon running mate Bill Weld who told Gary Johnson supporters to vote for Hillary to keep Trump out of the White House.

The best reason to vote for him was his foreign policy. He outlined that pretty clearly on the Joe Rogan podcast I posted endlessly at the time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He’s not a libertarian. He had a financial conflict of interest. He ran to use his power to give government permission for the use of pot, but had a lot of ties to the industry. Krugminator2 gave an excellent analysis of this. Johnson would have brought the full force of government to make business owners violate deeply held religious convictions to serve preferred special interests, in addition Johnson would have gone to war over issues important to him, which he said, and he would have instituted new taxes for the environment.

That;s the euphemia condensed version.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Gary advocated for Hillary in the end, also, as I recall.
    I think that was Bill Weld, I don't recall Gary Johnson advocating for Hillary but I could be wrong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Two washed up Republican centrists running as Libertarians? And as soon as the election is over they will abandon the party? Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Two washed up Republican centrists running as Libertarians? And as soon as the election is over they will abandon the party? Sign me up!
    We could use a lot more Republican centrists. The current Republican are spending us to death. Rand Paul might be the only Republican concerned about spending.

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    I supported him but there were 2 knocks against him:
    1) Selected Bill Weld as VP in 2016 who comes from the same mold as Mitt Romney (Romney even said he was considered voting Libertarian in 2016 b/c Weld was on ticket)
    2) Although generally anti-interventionist he stated he'd be open to "humanitarian" interventions such as if genocide was going on in another country
    Thank you. The "humanitarian intervention" thing was what was brought up. And I finally found the damning video.

So...send in troops to stop Joseph Kony, but don't send in troops to stop Ghadaffi because Ghadaffi wasn't a threat. I think what Gary Johnson was trying to say is "If you have an evil rebel group and another country invites you in to help stop them then okay but don't overthrow governments." In truth Ghadaffi was fighting an evil rebel group (ISIS), and we intervened on the side of ISIS.

https://www.charismanews.com/world/5...fore-his-death

Back to the question of intervening to stop genocide, when we did not intervene in Rwanda, in the short term that was disastorous but in the long term things worked out of the best. The targets of the genocide won the civil war and Rwanda is a relatively peaceful and prosperous nation. I still have mixed feelings about that though.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I voted for Gary in 2016, and voters in nine states (New Mexico, North Dakota, Alaska, Oklahoma, Montana, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, and Maine) put him over the 5% threshold, guaranteeing Libertarian Party access in several states that would otherwise not have it in 2020. That alone was a pretty cool victory.

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    We could use a lot more Republican centrists. The current Republican are spending us to death. Rand Paul might be the only Republican concerned about spending.
    Rand being concerned about spending is precisely why he is not a centrist. A centrist has no principles.

It Bill Weld who vouched for Hillary Clinton regarding an FBI probe, not Gary Johnson:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/polit...dow/index.html
    "I'm here vouching for Mrs. Clinton, and I think it's high time somebody did," Weld said.

Asked about a campaign press release sent in the wake of the FBI announcement that was critical of Clinton, Weld said: "Gary and I have not agreed on a number of substantive issues in this campaign ... I do not agree with that release."

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yup, and as I recall, he was for open borders. Not to mention his running mate was a one-worlder globalist of the worst kind.

Gary advocated for Hillary in the end, also, as I recall.
    Yes, Open Borders..... "we bear a responsibility for taking our share" (refugees)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N67QhrYbTlo
    FJB

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he was a pretty good candidate IMO. It was Weld who was a military defense lobbyist and had such nice things to say about HIllary Clinton that it killed any real momentum they could garner.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12