Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The main reason why a lot of people here hate Trump

The main reason why a lot of people here hate Trump

...Is for voicing his support for the police.

Lol- This is RPFs. If you've browsed the general section of this forum over the years, there's always 3 or more threads churning out everyday about cop 'abuse', and its become a sickeningly real fetish on here to read those stories. I don't doubt that some of those of things happen, but getting your daily chubby over abuse stories seriously just $#@!s up your perspective and its not good for you. Common sense - don't generalize. Likewise, not everyone in the military is a PoS with a criminal background.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmm... You think that is the "MAIN" reason?

I think the "MAIN" reason is that a decent percentage of us are not swayed by BS. We know an authoritarian when we smell one.

(ETA: I love how the OP preaches about not generalizing when that was the whole point of the post. lol.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post

Lol- This is RPFs. If you've browsed the general section of this forum over the years, there's always 3 or more threads churning out everyday about cop 'abuse', and its become a sickeningly real fetish on here to read those stories. I don't doubt that some of those of things happen, but getting your daily chubby over abuse stories seriously just $#@!s up your perspective and its not good for you. Common sense - don't generalize. Likewise, not everyone in the military is a PoS with a criminal background.
    You could not be more off the mark. I somewhat support police and I am a military veteran. Trump is a horrible candidate and a horrible person. His values and character are worse than any other person running save Hillary Clinton.

I dislike the Donald for his policy positions on things like killing innocent families, torture, authoritarianism, etc.

But yes, his advocacy for police, internment camps, and praise of the Chinese government murdering protestors in Tiananmen Square doesn't help
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hmmm... You think that is the "MAIN" reason?

I think the "MAIN" reason is that a decent percentage of us are not swayed by BS. We know an authoritarian when we smell one.

(ETA: I love how the OP preaches about not generalizing when that was the whole point of the post. lol.)
    I think its the underlying psychological reason. Don't lie to yourself that RPFers don't hate him for supporting the PIGS (lol).

Anyway, I'm kinda poking fun at the police hating crowd with this thread, but the point remains that a single underlying issue will cause people to see red and disregard any other good thing he could be useful for - such as $#@!ing up the system.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    You could not be more off the mark. I somewhat support police and I am a military veteran. Trump is a horrible candidate and a horrible person. His values and character are worse than any other person running save Hillary Clinton.

I dislike the Donald for his policy positions on things like killing innocent families, torture, authoritarianism, etc.

But yes, his advocacy for police, internment camps, and praise of the Chinese government murdering protestors in Tiananmen Square doesn't help
    Almost my thoughts exactly.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I'd add to that people here don't like alpha males, and maybe angry that they think Trump ruined Rand's chances, which is just absurd.

Something they won't acknowledge:

The Bush dynasty is dead, Ron tried to do it, he got booed.

People finally feel it's OK to say Iraq was a disaster, again, Ron tried, got booed.

Trump has shattered to PC Police, "libertarians" grovel, apologize, and try to get the PC nuts to like them and he's shown utterly futile that is.

Fact is, any bad thing people can say about Trump can be said and then some about any of those others, they just have a special hatred for Trump and will throw out all their usual principles regarding free speech, assault, vandalism, media manipulation so long as it's against Trump.

Trump is a fk, but what's worse, people are voting for him.

Authoritarians are what most people want - its a very lonely place for the rest of us.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

30,000 troops on the ground in Syria is a dealbreaker for me. I'm also uncomfortable with his support voiced for the CFR and his embrace of the worst of the anti-libertarian establishment, e.g. Giuliani and Christie.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol... Trump supporters. Honestly if this is what you believe then there is no hope for you.

I just think he's an $#@!. Cops have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    lol... Trump supporters. Honestly if this is what you believe then there is no hope for you.
    Actually, there is hope... for the sweet music. At some point, ignorance will not be an option, and I can only hope that this will be the election that breaks the system. Probably not, but you were talking about hope.

Gulag Chief:

The main reason why a lot of people here hate Trump...Is for voicing his support for the police.

Hmmmm... You preach about common sense, but seems to be a weak showing in this thread.

I think the reason "a lot of people" here hate Trump is because there's a lot of people shilling for him on a liberty forum where the guy the forum is named after doesn't support him for reasons obvious to anyone who actually supports the principles the site is founded upon. I think that's probably a better guess.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wizardwatson again
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I guess if one has received thousands of death threats from the Communists, it's a good idea to stay friendly with the police.

I think its the underlying psychological reason. Don't lie to yourself that RPFers don't hate him for supporting the PIGS (lol).

Anyway, I'm kinda poking fun at the police hating crowd with this thread, but the point remains that a single underlying issue will cause people to see red and disregard any other good thing he could be useful for - such as $#@!ing up the system.
    So what do you say to some of us that have LE backgrounds who think Trump is a POS?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Actually, there is hope... for the sweet music. At some point, ignorance will not be an option, and I can only hope that this will be the election that breaks the system. Probably not, but you were talking about hope.

This will be the election that locks the system in for many more decades.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't hate Trump. I hate his fanboy vacu-jacks who troll the internet.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I think the reason "a lot of people" here hate Trump is because there's a lot of people shilling for him on a liberty forum where the guy the forum is named after doesn't support him for reasons obvious to anyone who actually supports the principles the site is founded upon. I think that's probably a better guess.
    bing bing bing we have a winner

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Always the pessimist... I tell ya

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I'm more inclined to believe a Clinton win would incite even greater anger and leave an opening for a libertarian insurgence in 2020. Whereas, trump could actually put a fresh face on neoconservatism which would effectively cement the establishment for perhaps decades.

Bull. Here's the main reason to be against Trump. He called for a complete assault weapons ban. If you support the 2nd amendment you cannot in good conscience support Donald Trump.

Dems and Reps are both wrong on guns
    It’s often argued that the American murder rate is high because guns are more available here than in other countries. Democrats want to confiscate all guns, which is a dumb idea because only the law-abiding citizens would turn in their guns and the bad guys would be the only ones left armed. The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions.
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

For assault weapon ban, waiting period, & background check
    I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Hmmmm... You preach about common sense, but seems to be a weak showing in this thread.

obviously correct reason is obviously correct. +rep
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Lol- This is RPFs. If you've browsed the general section of this forum over the years, there's always 3 or more threads churning out everyday about cop 'abuse', and its become a sickeningly real fetish on here to read those stories. I don't doubt that some of those of things happen, but getting your daily chubby over abuse stories seriously just $#@!s up your perspective and its not good for you.
    Dude, seriously, get a clue.

Some of us had three decades of experiences with cops before we started finding out what they're like... and some of us recognize that every "good" encounter we've ever had with police wasn't them being good guys... it was them deciding not to be bad guys.
    There is a difference. Not actively $#@!ing people over all the time is not the same as being a boon to society.

Moreover, you can't argue with a straight face that the job of the police is anything other than to $#@! people over. That's the job definition. They aren't supposed to keep you safe - there are at least three SCOTUS cases that say exactly that. They aren't supposed to come rescue you or take care of you. They're there to $#@! you over whenever they get the chance.

If they're not $#@!ing you over, they're not doing their job.

Common sense - don't generalize.
    Nothing I wrote above applies to any of the "getting your daily chubby over abuse" stories you're talking about. I'm talking about the role of police in society. You take away every single "abuse" story and they are still a professional caste of bullies tasked with pushing you around and making your life more miserable than it was before you ran into them. Period.

Likewise, not everyone in the military is a PoS with a criminal background.
    True, some of them haven't gotten out of the country and can't rightfully be labeled criminals yet.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    That has become blazingly obvious.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

As the "ring leader" of this "anti-cop" movement, I was going to write a long and well thought out and lucid reply to you explaining precisely how and why you are so wrong.

But the whole house is down with that "puking flu" norovirus, including me, so I'm not in the mood.

So, instead, get bent.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-17-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Moreover, you can't argue with a straight face that the job of the police is anything other than to $#@! people over. That's the job definition. They aren't supposed to keep you safe - there are at least three SCOTUS cases that say exactly that. They aren't supposed to come rescue you or take care of you. They're there to $#@! you over whenever they get the chance.

If they're not $#@!ing you over, they're not doing their job.
    Bingo.

The primary mission is to $#@! people up and put them in jail.

Anything and everything else is a distant and inconsequential second.

It's hard to pick just one main reason. There are so many reasons to hate him and so few reasons to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    It's hard to pick just one main reason. There are so many reasons to hate him and so few reasons to like him.
    Don't forget he's a alpha male. If you do one of his leg humpers will remind you.

Donald Trump is not Rand Paul.

He's sure as $#@! NOT Dr. Ron Paul.

Thats enough to disqualify him.

He's definitely not a Libertarian and he's no Conservative.

Yes Trump loves Jack Booted Thugs but he's primarily differentiated by 2 policies: illegal immigration and registering Moslems. Thats it.

Otherwise, Trump is a Liberal. Its not a question, its not up for debate. Theres no doubt about it.

GOP debate: Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood a second time.

Donald Trump is remaining firm on a sticking point for many Republican voters — government-funded health care for all.

From The America We Deserve, pages 31-32:

I support a woman’s right to choose, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures. When Tim Russert asked me on Meet the Press if I would ban partial-birth abortion, my pro-choice instincts led me to say no. After the show, I consulted two doctors I respect and, upon learning more about this procedure, I have concluded that I would support a ban.
    From The America We Deserve, page 102:

The Republicans walk the NRA line and refuse even limited restrictions. I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun.
    But the plan that Liberals are going to love the most is TAXING THE RICH. They love that mantra:

Donald Trump Says He Wants to Raise Taxes on Himself.

"I would take carried interest out, and I would let people making hundreds of millions of dollars-a-year pay some tax, because right now they are paying very little tax and I think it's outrageous"...
    Last edited by unknown; 03-16-2016 at 01:32 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic