Thread: Trump and Biden respond to alleged shooting video of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

Post Trump and Biden respond to alleged shooting video of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia

First major media media shift away from coronavirus stories in months.
    Today Drudge had splashed "Georgia did not act fast" top headline (not exact same words); this is remarkable shift in itself as in past couple of months, this story out of Georgia is probably the first top headline on Drudge, NBC news and other MSM that is not directly related to "invisible enemy" aka COVID-19. Two month old video that surfaced in media has quickly made it top national story.
    On a side note, this news story seems to have also buried Georgia hair salon reopen controversy headlines, Trump and media's displeasure with Georgia reopening too soon.

Update 1:

Trump on shooting of Ahmaud Arbery
    “So I saw the tape, and it’s very, very disturbing, the tape. I got to see it. It’s very disturbing. I looked at a picture of that young man. He was in a tuxedo, and — in fact, he put it up. And I will say that that looks like a really good, young guy,” Trump told “Fox & Friends.”

Ivanka Trump demands to know why it 'took months' to arrest two men accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery
    May 08, 2020
    washingtonexaminer.com/news/ivanka-trump-demands-to-know-why-it-took-months-to-arrest-two-men-accused-of-murdering-ahmaud-arbery

5 hours ago
    Trump and Biden respond to alleged shooting video of 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery

Orion Rummler
    A cross with flowers sits on May 7 near the intersection of Satilla Rd. and Holmes Rd. in the neighborhood where Ahmaud Arbery was shot and killed in Brunswick, Georgia. Photo: Sean Rayford/Getty Images

President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive contenders for the 2020 presidential election, responded Thursday to a cellphone video that appears to show Ahmaud Arbery being shot and killed on February 23.
    What's happening: The death of Arbery, a 25-year-old black man fatally shot by a white father and son, is under investigation by Georgia officials. The men who pursued Arbery were arrested on murder charges Thursday evening, several months after the event took place. They told police they suspected Arbery committed a burglary before pursuing him.
    What they're saying:
    Former Vice President Joe Biden: "The video is clear: Ahmaud Arbery was killed in cold blood. My heart goes out to his family, who deserve justice and deserve it now. It is time for a swift, full, and transparent investigation into his murder," he tweeted Thursday.

President Trump: "So I'm getting a full report on it this evening. My heart goes out to the parents and to the loved ones of the young gentleman. It's a very sad thing. But I will be given a full report this evening," he told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday. Trump said he had not seen video of the incident.

https://www.axios.com/ahmaud-arbery-...4780f0582.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Trump on Ahmaud Arbery case: 'My heart goes out' to his family

23 hrs ago
    President Trump shared his condolences with the family of Ahmaud Arbery, the jogger shot and killed in a South Georgia neighborhood, during an Oval Office meeting, Thursday.
    "My heart goes out to the parents and the loved ones of the young gentleman," the president said. "It's a very sad thing."
    msn.com/en-us/news/us/president-trump-on-ahmaud-arbery-case-my-heart-goes-out-to-his-family/ar-BB13NTSY

Thsi discussion will focus on political/media coverage aspects.
    Some political tangents, copy paste from other discussion on this news:

That was just initial impression about a national media top headlines shift away from coronavirus in months and after a comment I heard about timing of surfacing in media of a video from Feb. Based on reporting have seen since then, details cited in media seem to be pretty strong and timing also does not seem like any political retribution for GA governor because he had reportedly embarrassed Trump.

This aspect also political significance as Trump adminstration in recent years has shifted towards embracing social justice issues, woke values and had hosted some Black Lives Matter activists at the White House, CPAC.

WaPo Editorial Board's take:

Why is Georgia only now seeking justice for Ahmaud Arbery? We know the terrible answers.

By Editorial Board
    May 7, 2020 at 8:58 p.m. EDT

We all know the terrible answers. Had Mr. Arbery not been black, it would not have taken law enforcement authorities in Georgia more than two months to be shamed into seeking some semblance of justice in his killing. The announcement by a Georgia prosecutor that the case would be presented to a grand jury for consideration of criminal charges against the two men involved in the shooting came Tuesday, the same day that a video of the Feb. 23 shooting surfaced, sparking outrage and reigniting America’s debate about whether black lives matter. The arrest of the two men came two days later.
    washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-killing-of-ahmaud-arbery-renews-the-question-of-whether-black-lives-matter/2020/05/07/8832e3c4-8fd5-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html

Flashback:

Trump on Trayvon Martin shooting

"It has to be looked into, it's terrible what happened. 17 years old and now there are all sorts of stories coming out. Just don't sound right. Something has to be done very quickly because it really is a horrible situation."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1j_Zt8m6jY

Trump Warns of Inner City 'Hell' for Blacks Where Trayvon Martin Was Shot

Trump tells African-Americans they can get shot while walking down the street

October 25, 2016

—SANFORD, Florida -- As Donald Trump campaigned in central Florida today, he made his usual appeal to African-Americans, painting a grim and partially inaccurate portrait of black communities.
    "African-Americans are living in hell in the inner cities," he said. "They are living -- they are living in hell. You walk to the store for a loaf of bread you get shot.”
    But his comment today struck a particularly tone-deaf chord. Trump was in Sanford, Fla., where teenager Trayvon Martin had been killed four years earlier by a neighborhood watchman while walking home after getting a pack of Skittles.

abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-warns-city-hell-blacks-trayvon-martin-shot/story?id=43057914

Trump: Sweden has 'let our African American community down' in A$AP Rocky case

Fri July 26, 2019

(CNN)President Donald Trump said Sweden has "let our African American community down" by not freeing rapper A$AP Rocky, who is facing assault charges after a confrontation last month.

"Very disappointed in Prime Minister Stefan Löfven for being unable to act. Sweden has let our African American Community down in the United States," Trump tweeted Thursday afternoon. "I watched the tapes of A$AP Rocky, and he was being followed and harassed by troublemakers. Treat Americans fairly!"
    He later added, "Give A$AP Rocky his FREEDOM. We do so much for Sweden but it doesn't seem to work the other way around. Sweden should focus on its real crime problem!"
    He concluded both tweets with the hashtag #FreeRocky.
    In response, Löfven's spokesperson Mikael Lindström said in a statement to CNN that all people in Sweden are equal before the law.
    "All I can say at this point, is that Sweden and Prime Minister Stefan Löfven have explained and emphasised the complete independence of the Swedish judicial system, prosecutors and courts," Lindström said. "The Government is not allowed, and will not attempt, to influence the legal proceedings, which are now ongoing."

cnn.com/2019/07/25/politics/trump-asap-rocky-tweets/index.html

Trump Hosts Social Justice Activist Kim Kardashian At The White House

Sharp top headlines shift away from coronavirus at Drudge , NBC and other media in in last couple of days:

Civil Rights leaders in Georgia find themselves in the midst of second major development while coronavirus impact continues.

Civil rights leaders warn early reopening during the coronavirus pandemic could cost black lives

The petition addresses Southern governors considering reopening state economies.
    thehill.com/changing-america/respect/diversity-inclusion/494328-civil-rights-leaders-warn-against-reopening

Biden: "I reached a conclusion without knowing the full context of the situation"

Trump: "I need the full context of the situation and all of the evidence before I can reach a conclusion."

Typical left vs. right debate
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Trump: "I need the full context of the situation and all of the evidence before I can reach a conclusion."
    “So I saw the tape, and it’s very, very disturbing, the tape. I got to see it. It’s very disturbing. I looked at a picture of that young man. He was in a tuxedo, and — in fact, he put it up. And I will say that that looks like a really good, young guy,” Trump told “Fox & Friends.”

But he didn't go as far as Obama had in the case of Trayvon shooting.

Ivanka Trump demands to know why it 'took months' to arrest two men accused of murdering Ahmaud Arbery

by Spencer Neale
    | May 08, 2020
    washingtonexaminer.com/news/ivanka-trump-demands-to-know-why-it-took-months-to-arrest-two-men-accused-of-murdering-ahmaud-arbery

It's in the realm of possibility that media released this video on pressure from Trump administration after being aproached by Kim Kardashian, Van Jones or other social justice activists. Few months back, fter being approached by Kardashian reportedly Trump White House had acted aggressively to put pressure on Sweden for release of rapper Rocky ASAP arrested there on assault charges.

Related

Whoopi Goldberg calls for Trump comment on Ahmaud Arbery shooting death: 'You need to say something, sir'
    Todd Garrin
    May 7, 2020

Perfect storm for the media. Another white man shoots black man story they can run for the next few weeks. Although Zimmerman wasn't white, CNN just photoshopped to make him look lighter.

Ahbery of course was caught bringing a gun to school and then caught stealing during probation. What was he doing exactly for those few hours that everybody says he was merely jogging in his cargo shorts?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Flashback: Trump on shooting of Trayvon Martin
    "It has to be looked into, it's terrible what happened. 17 years old and now there are all sorts of stories coming out. Just don't sound right. Something has to be done very quickly because it really is a horrible situation."

Trump on shooting of Ahmaud Arbery

May 08, 2020

Flashback: Trump Quits GOP, Calls Pat Buchanan "Hitler lover" While Standing Up For Diversity
    "He's a Hitler lover. I guess he's an anti-Semite. He doesn't like the blacks. He doesn't like the gays. It's just incredible that anybody could embrace this guy," Trump said.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Perfect storm for the media. Another white man shoots black man story they can run for the next few weeks. Although Zimmerman wasn't white, CNN just photoshopped to make him look lighter.

Ahbery of course was caught bringing a gun to school and then caught stealing during probation. What was he doing exactly for those few hours that everybody says he was merely jogging in his cargo shorts?
    You seem to have great insight about media, what about US political leadership.. as a GOPA wing supporter are you implying these statements are fakenews that seem to align with media narrative on this?

If so, do you think you have better information and insight about race relations in US than well versed civic, business and politics leader like Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

If so, do you think you have better information and insight about race relations in US than well versed civic, business and politics leader like Trump?
    The only people who give a $#@! about "race relations" are the racists that want something.

Normal people ignore the trolling..

Like everything that's a perceived problem government involvement only makes it worse.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Besides Ivanka Trump , another rising of of GOP-Trump wing and major ally of Prez Trump is also criticizing Georgia officials handling of the case:

Trey Gowdy reacts to Ahmaud Arbery case: 'Why did it take the video' to recommend a grand jury review?

By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Trey Gowdy: We need a justice system people can have confidence in, regardless of color

Former congressman and Fox News contributor, Trey Gowdy, reacts to the fatal shooting of the unarmed black jogger, Ahmaud Arbery, in Georgia.

Former House Oversight Committee Chairman and Fox News contributor Trey Gowdy reacted on "The Daily Briefing" Wednesday to new footage showing the February shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old black man, in Brunswick, Ga.
    News4Jax.com reported that video of the Feb. 23 shooting of Arbery was posted online Tuesday by Georgia radio station WGIG and circulated widely on social media. The same day, Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Pro Tempore Tom Durden recommended that a grand jury review the shooting.
    "I guess my first question would be, why did it take the video [becoming public]?" Gowdy asked host Dana Perino. "If you have someone who is jogging, who is unarmed, who is shot and killed by officers who aren't officers -- they aren't even law enforcement officers -- why did they take video?"

foxnews.com/media/trey-gowdy-ahmaud-arbery-case-grand-jury

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    The only people who give a $#@! about "race relations" are the racists that want something.

Normal people ignore the trolling..

Like everything that's a perceived problem government involvement only makes it worse.
    That very well might be the case at least in some cases. But question posed above was to clarify stance of that poster about media narratives vs GOPA wing leaders narrative that seem to align on this issue. If "race relations" is not the proper term here, lat's use a narrow focus term, 'issues relating to our African-American community'.

Ivanka Trump @IvankaTrump
    Jan 30
    Gallup Poll: Race Relations See Double-Digit Increase Since Trump Entered White House
    twitter.com/ivankatrump/status/1222843256712679424

A Milestone: All Of The Walking Dead's Relationships Are Now Interracial Or LGBT
    Nov 14, 2018 Forbes

Trump condemns ‘racism, bigotry and white supremacy’

That very well might be the case at least in some cases. But question posed above was to clarify stance of that poster about media narratives vs GOPA wing leaders narrative that seem to align on this issue. If "race relations" is not the proper term here, lat's use a narrow focus term, 'issues relating to our African-American community'.
    At least that would be honest.

Leading to the question; Who separates out "our African-American community" other than somebody that insists on promoting racism?

Africans don't deserve and won't get any special treatment from me whether they're in America or in Africa, same with Chinese or Russians or, or....

Dividing the population is a political manipulation tactic.

You seem to have great insight about media, what about US political leadership.. as a GOPA wing supporter are you implying these statements are fakenews that seem to align with media narrative on this?
    LOL

This is the exact reason you're in my sig. You're fake news.

Everybody here knows you're a troll. You are just lucky we believe in free speech here so nobody really calls for your banning.

Aside from Zip, whom is now banned, you are the one member that spends the MOST time and effort making these non-relatable posts. Las time I called you out, you took a little break from the usual recycled narrative but now I see you are back.

I know its a paycheck so I don't blame you.

Juleswin deserves to be here a lot more than you do.
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-11-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Thumbs down Rainbow Push Coalition Community disOrganizers

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    LOL

This is the exact reason you're in my sig. You're fake news.

Everybody here knows you're a troll. You are just lucky we believe in free speech here so nobody really calls for your banning.

Aside from Zip, whom is now banned, you are the one member that spends the MOST time and effort making these non-relatable posts. Las time I called you out, you took a little break from the usual recycled narrative but now I see you are back.

I know its a paycheck so I don't blame you.

Juleswin deserves to be here a lot more than you do.
    Everyone knows you're a Rainbow Push Coalition trumpkin.

Donnell, Jessie, Al, Q, James Brown
    Rainbow Push Coalition Community disOrganizers - working to divide & conquer America with race riots 24/7/366 in 2020.

Beware the YangBanger klan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Donnell, Jessie, Al, Q, James Brown
    Rainbow Push Coalition Community disOrganizers - working to divide & conquer America with race riots 24/7/366 in 2020.

Beware the YangBanger klan.
    LOL old man. I always defend you when people say you're crazy so calm your tits.

I like Rand Paul, he was my first choice and always will be.

Thanks for the neg rep, they make me stronger.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

elgans, didn't think such a term would be controversial, can be GOP Adelson wing instead but means same thing, a political party faction funded by a globalist Israel-Firster neoconservative. All that needs to be typed everytime?
    If there was any issue with other discussion on deep neocons/foreign lobbies (non-parasitic wing) puppet-mastery role in politics etc, best to respond with specifics in that discussion. Not sure if any discussion on cutting all foreign aid or Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robinson or Deep Neocons or what else caused some latent emotional reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post

Rev Sharpton of National Action Network (NAN) has also called for investigation:

Rev. Al Sharpton Demands Full Investigation Into Killing Of Ahmaud Arbery In Georgia

The civil rights leader says he’s ready to “apply pressure” if needed.
    Ahmaud should be home with his family but instead he was killed in cold by two white supremacists. We DEMAND that both Gregory and Travis McMichael be charged immediately with his murder. #IRunWithMaud https://t.co/XXKIJgsOKV
    — Georgia NAACP (@Georgia_NAACP) April 27, 2020