Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor who treated former U.S. President George H.W. Bush shot dead by fellow cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Well, he was pronounced in the E.R. and two ambulance drivers responded on the scene while transporting another patient. I'm sure he's passed on.
    That is what they tell you, and the physician and the EMTs could have been ringers or bought off.

I don't say yet that it is a faked death but unless you were there you can't really be sure these days.

In any case it make little difference to us, what matters most is that they are pushing gun-control again, if anyone ever finds out any reason Bush would have to want him dead that also matter.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Huh... maybe it’s just me... does anybody find it odd that a “sketch artist” signs their composites???
    As far as I know that isn't normal, it's one of those little things that doesn't prove anything but smells of a faked or at least manipulated event.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then there's this. Perhaps a verbal exchange between riders?

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/mark-hausknecht-dr/

According to the police statement, “Dr. Hausknecht and the suspect were seen on bicycles traveling north on Main St. at the Holcombe Blvd. intersection. Less than two blocks later, the shooting happened in front of a hotel at 6600 Main Street.”

or, maybe the killer I.D.'d his target then finished him off.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 07-22-2018 at 12:51 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I find it odd that someone can lose a loved one in a senseless crime and instead of discussing how they lived or how wonderful they were. They respond by going into a political statement about gun control, or pool safety, or whatever. It feels odd to me. Why not talk about bicycle safety?
    I get that, but I'm thinking deeper. "What if" the wife put a hit on him simply to put out an anti - gun message? Is that to dark?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's cheaper than divorce.

Yes there are people that evil.
    How big was his life insurance policy? Who has she been playing doctor with on the side?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How big was his life insurance policy? Who has she been playing doctor with on the side?
    C'mon people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Will the police even look into such questions in this case?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think this just proves that even cyclists get annoyed when they see cyclists on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Huh... maybe it’s just me... does anybody find it odd that a “sketch artist” signs their composites???
    Ya , I noticed the sig and date . Makes it look fake .
    Do something Danke

Seems like a pro hit to me and yes , wife would be first suspect .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I think this just proves that even cyclists get annoyed when they see cyclists on the road.
    /thread

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe the shooter was an estranged lover of the victim? A million possibilities.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I'm sure they're on a big video search, it was probably a bicycle-rage incident.
    FJB

It's been a week since the fatal bicycle-to-bicycle drive-by shooting of Dr. Mark Hausknecht, a renowned cardiologist who treated former President George H.W. Bush.The Houston Police chief says his death was likely a targeted murder.
    The shooting happened near a Houston construction site; a worker there said crews had been using nail guns on the day of the shooting, which someone with sinister plans may have used to their advantage.
    "They used gunpowder in a shell to fire the nails into steel, so that sound itself would sound like a gun firing. Is it coincidental? I don't know," said Dennis Franks, a private investigator and retired FBI agent.
    Then there's the precision of the shooting. Hausknecht was shot in the torso, the upper left extremity and the head while riding his bicycle, according to the Harris County medical examiner.
    The shooter was also reportedly riding a bicycle while committing the murder.
    It suggests to Franks that the suspect had training.
    "When the target is moving also, that takes skill," Franks said. "It could be that just the shooter has a certain amount of training, but that's typically a tactical training. That's tactical, either law enforcement or military training. Two shots to the chest, one to the head. That's usually the training when you come out – 'boom boom' to the chest; 'boom,' one to the head, in that order."

More at: http://www.live5news.com/story/38756...er-expert-says

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's been a week since the fatal bicycle-to-bicycle drive-by shooting of Dr. Mark Hausknecht, a renowned cardiologist who treated former President George H.W. Bush.The Houston Police chief says his death was likely a targeted murder.
    The shooting happened near a Houston construction site; a worker there said crews had been using nail guns on the day of the shooting, which someone with sinister plans may have used to their advantage.
    "They used gunpowder in a shell to fire the nails into steel, so that sound itself would sound like a gun firing. Is it coincidental? I don't know," said Dennis Franks, a private investigator and retired FBI agent.
    Then there's the precision of the shooting. Hausknecht was shot in the torso, the upper left extremity and the head while riding his bicycle, according to the Harris County medical examiner.
    The shooter was also reportedly riding a bicycle while committing the murder.
    It suggests to Franks that the suspect had training.
    "When the target is moving also, that takes skill," Franks said. "It could be that just the shooter has a certain amount of training, but that's typically a tactical training. That's tactical, either law enforcement or military training. Two shots to the chest, one to the head. That's usually the training when you come out – 'boom boom' to the chest; 'boom,' one to the head, in that order."

More at: http://www.live5news.com/story/38756...er-expert-says
    Pro hit , must be the wife ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Pro hit , must be the wife ?
    You may be right, I would think that Bush would hire someone professional enough to make it look like it wasn't professional.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You may be right, I would think that Bush would hire someone professional enough to make it look like it wasn't professional.
    Correct . Deep pockets get a higher degree of service . This is why I do not give Mrs O too much money .LOL
    Do something Danke

Nah, it also is meant to serve as a warning to others...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Nah, it also is meant to serve as a warning to others...
    There is always that possibility but usually those who are being warned know to take warning from a more discreet hit.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is always that possibility but usually those who are being warned know to take warning from a more discreet hit.
    I’m not gonna ask how you know that...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I’m not gonna ask how you know that...
    LOL, it's just logic and history.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Authorities on Wednesday identified a man who they believe gunned down one of former President George H.W. Bush’s doctors last month as the son of a woman who died while the doctor was operating on her more than 20 years ago. Houston police Chief Art Acevedo said at a news conference Wednesday that the suspect, 65-year-old Joseph James Pappas, should be considered armed, dangerous and possibly suicidal.

More at: http://time.com/5355695/suspect-iden...ontent=2273662

I expect this to end with a dead assassin.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Houston police believe that the suspect who allegedly killed the one-time doctor of former President George H.W. Bush held a 20-year grudge against the cardiologist because his mother died while being operated on by the doctor.
    Authorities have filed an arrest warrant for Joseph James Pappas, 62, who is believed to be armed and dangerous as well as suicidal, said Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo during a press conference Wednesday. The arrest warrant carries a charge of murder, Acevedo said.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/houston-ca...opstories.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

loveshiscountry

Every evil act he commits buys him more life from the darkside, the returns are beginning to diminish but he really doesn't want to meet his maker yet.
    No more Gelflings to suck their essence out. He had to turn somewhere.

loveshiscountry

C'mon people.
    Agreed. People are getting childish. It was a robbery. (even though nothing was stolen)

Man Suspected of Killing Prominent Houston Doctor Commits Suicide as Police Confront Him, Chief Says

https://ktla.com/2018/08/03/man-susp...ouston-police/

AUGUST 3, 2018

The man suspected of killing a prominent Houston doctor in broad daylight two weeks ago fatally shot himself in the head when he was confronted by two police officers on Friday morning, Police Chief Art Acevedo said.

Joseph Pappas, wearing a bulletproof vest under his shirt, killed himself outdoors in a tree-lined residential area northwest of his Houston home, shortly after a city employee reported seeing Pappas and finding a wallet he’d left on the ground, Acevedo said.

Pappas wasn’t complying with the commands of the first officer who arrived, and the second officer’s arrival might have averted a shootout, Acevedo said.

“I’m very thankful that this suspect … committed suicide. You don’t normally put on a bulletproof vest” when you’re thinking of suicide, the police chief told reporters.

Pappas’ death ends a days-long manhunt for the 62-year-old real estate agent and former constable, who investigators say painstakingly planned the killing of Dr. Mark Hausknecht, possibly as revenge for his mother’s death 20 years ago under the doctor’s care.

Police said Pappas and Hausknecht were on their bicycles in Houston on July 20 — with Pappas following as Hausknecht pedaled to work — when the suspect rode past the physician, turned around and fatally shot him.

Authorities had been looking for Pappas since Tuesday, when a tipster told investigators Pappas appeared to be the cyclist in the surveillance video police released from the day of the shooting.

City parks worker found suspect, chief says
    Police found Pappas after a parks board employee called authorities shortly before 9:30 a.m. CT Friday to say he’d seen the suspect — as well as a wallet with Pappas’ ID that he apparently had left on the ground. The witness said he was checking an area for graffiti when he encountered Pappas, and Pappas started walking away, Acevedo said.

“(The witness) actually yelled, ‘Hey, I’m sorry, I thought you were a graffiti vandal,'” and Pappas kept walking, the chief said. The witness said he then found Pappas’ wallet, recognized him as a suspect in the doctor’s killing, and called police.

Pappas may have been camping, police say
    Authorities are looking into reports that Pappas may have been camping — possibly an attempt to hide out after police searched his home — because he had a backpack with him.

Hausknecht was a prominent surgeon and former cardiologist for President George H.W. Bush.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man Suspected of Killing Prominent Houston Doctor Commits Suicide as Police Confront Him, Chief Says

https://ktla.com/2018/08/03/man-susp...ouston-police/
    Called it:

I expect this to end with a dead assassin.
    I will believe that he was executed in the field or given a faked death until it is proven otherwise.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Houston police say he killed a doctor. As a manhunt closed in, he took his own life. Here's how it unfolded

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/05/us/ho...ine/index.html

August 5, 2018

On July 20, police say Joseph Pappas shot and killed prominent surgeon Dr. Mark Hausknecht in broad daylight as the doctor rode his bike along a Houston street.

Fourteen days later, Pappas took his own life as an intense manhunt closed in on him.
    In the space between, a decades-old grudge surfaced as possible motivation -- Hausknecht performed an operation on Pappas' mother 20 years ago. Police allege Pappas had long plotted his attack on the physician to avenge his mother's death on the operating table.
    After the doctor's killing, Pappas got his affairs squared away as he planned his own death or disappearance -- even while apparently trying to throw investigators off his trail.
    This is what we know about what Pappas was doing in his last days:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12