Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whites banned from cafe designated as nonwhite 'sanctuary'

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nooses and bananas are not microaggressions. They are aggressions.
    Triggered

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why must tax dollars pay for this BS?
    Because fu... ah, hell ... you know ...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    She needs to check her black privilege. Does she think Mexicans incapable of defending themselves and their holiday?
    Ironically, Cinco de Mayo as a celebration of Mexican culture is an "American" thing.

To Mexicans, it's just the commemoration of a particular battle against French invaders.

IOW: Mexicans are probably all, like, "¿Quéfuq? Loco gringos ... "
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-17-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And my reaction, had I been Micheal, would have been:

"You know, you're right. I should not be wasting my time wearing goofy clothes and floppy hats getting drunk on $#@! booze, celebrating a second rate holiday from a third world country. Thanks."
    LOL

Outta rep..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Complaints of racism are like complaints of global warming. I'd be more inclined to listen if I didn't have a gun pointed at my head.

Example of loss of tolerance:

My first reaction to this story was: "Good. Take your ponchos, serapes y sombreros the $#@! out of my state. And take your re-fried sick you call 'food' as well."

Second reaction: "Oh, and don't ever let me catch you celebrating Halloween in any way."

White student accosted for wearing serape on Cinco de Mayo

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9158

May 09, 2017 at 1:16 PM EDT

A University of New Hampshire student publicly berated and harassed a peer for wearing a serape on his way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, proudly posting a video of the encounter on Facebook.

Danique Montique was most incensed by the fact that the student was a white male, complaining that this gives him "the most privilege in this whole f***ing country."

She also loudly told him that Cinco de Mayo is "not your holiday" and that "you white people" need to find different holidays to celebrate.

A University of New Hampshire student publicly berated and harassed a peer for wearing a serape on his way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, proudly posting a video of the encounter on Facebook.

“What’s the point of wearing a poncho? If you’re not Mexican, it’s not your holiday,” student Danique Montique exclaimed as she approached the unidentified student and a group of his friends.

“You’re perpetuating the stereotype that Mexicans drink and wear ponchos for a living.”

One of the student’s companions attempted to explain that they were simply “celebrating” the holiday, but was interrupted by Montique, who shouted, “celebrating what?” and “it’s not your holiday!”

This prompted another student to ask which holiday would be appropriate for him and his friends to celebrate, but the query was only met with another lecture about Cinco de Mayo.

“That’s stuff for you white people to figure out. I don’t $#@!ing know! Cinco de Mayo is not your holiday,” she again declared. “You’re perpetuating the stereotype that Mexicans drink and wear ponchos for a living. That’s what you’re doing, and you also have to keep in mind the racial tension that’s happening right now where your president claims that Mexicans only come here, drink, and steal your jobs.”

In a second video of the encounter, which Montique proudly posted to her Facebook page alongside the first, she and a friend chastise the accused student, who eventually identifies himself as Michael, for not understanding “the appropriate way to celebrate a holiday.”

Michael then attempted to suggest that his interlocutors were making “too big a deal out of it,” but they quickly dismissed his attempts to settle the dispute, saying “that’s how you feel because you’re not a part of the culture.”

“This stuff actually affects people’s lives, and I don’t think you understand that,” Montique carried on. “You’re perpetuating the stereotype, Michael. It’s not just about you wearing it. It’s about you as a man—a white man, who has the most privilege in this whole $#@!ing country—knowing what’s happening in this country right now.”

After the encounter, Montique posted both videos to Facebook along with several pictures of students celebrating on campus, writing that she “was utterly disgusted with students who chose to demean and appropriate Mexican culture,” and casting blame on the university for failing to intervene.

“For an institution that claims it encourages diversity, where were you yesterday when we needed you the most? Why do you encourage us to come here? Yet we’re forced to defend our existence every day on this campus,” she complained, addressing the post, “Dear UNH.”

“I walked on campus miserable as if I didn’t belong. As a black woman, I was forced to become the very thing society deemed me to be: angry,” she concluded. “To my Mexican brothers and sisters, I am sorry. Sorry us [sic] wildcats let y’all down. Sorry this institution failed to protect you.”

Montique told Campus Reform that she hasn’t reported the incident to administrators, saying she thinks the university “is aware of everything that’s been going on but...remain[ed] silent throughout this entire situation,” remarking that it was impossible for her to avoid noticing her classmates’ costumery on Cinco de Mayo.

“Then the more I walked on the campus, the more dressed up people were, and it angered me,” she said. “I couldn’t even go to eat in the dining halls without seeing students making a culture a costume.”

Campus Reform reached out to both UNH and Michael for comment on the encounter, but did not receive a response from either in time for publication.
    Here she is:

https://www.unh.edu/social-innovatio...16-fall-cohort

Danique Montique, a Political Science and Justice Studies major with a French minor, was a sophomore during the Fall of 2016. Prior to this time, Danique was very active in student organizations on the UNH campus including the Black Student Union (BSU), Connect, and NALA: The UNH Women of Color Support Group. During her participation in Semester in the City, Danique interned with Freedom House. Located in Dorchester, Freedom House works to defend human rights and promote democratic change, with a focus on political rights and civil liberties. They act as a catalyst for freedom through a combination of analysis, advocacy, and action
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Women of Color Support Group
    Colored women...

Danique interned with Freedom House. Located in Dorchester, Freedom House
    The only freedom I saw there was the freedom to spend other people's money...

This probably is not the first time Danke has been refused service . I have been other places I would probably have to order the drinks for us .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    This probably is not the first time Danke has been refused service . I have been other places I would probably have to order the drinks for us .
    I'm sure of that...

The only freedom I saw there was the freedom to spend other people's money...
    Looks like she has a bright future spending other people's money.

Danique Montique, a Political Science and Justice Studies major with a French minor
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Diversity!

$#@! yeah!

University of Hawaii Professor Demands White Men Quit Their Jobs

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/univ...it-their-jobs/

A University of Hawaii math professor has urged every white man to quit their job or take a demotion and deemed those who disagree with her proposition as racist, sexist and transphobic.

Piper Harron, an assistant professor at the University of Hawaii who holds a PhD degree in mathematics from Princeton University, has penned an article for the American Mathematical Society (AMS) blog, calling on white men to “Get Out The Way”.

“Not to alarm you, but I probably want you to quit your job, or at least take a demotion,” Harron wrote, adding that “Statistically speaking, you are probably taking up room that should go to someone else.”

“If you are a white cis man (meaning you identify as male and you were assigned male at birth) you almost certainly should resign from your position of power,” the professor added.

Harron went on to suggest that if quitting is “too difficult”, white men should “at least get off your hiring committee your curriculum committee, and make sure you’re replaced by a woman of color or trans person.”

On the “About the Editors” page, Harron is described as someone who “tried really hard to play by the rules of society and academia, but she failed. Not only did she fail, but she was miserable and found that playing by the rules wouldn’t even keep her safe.

“She officially got her degree from Princeton University in January 2016, and is currently a Temporary Assistant Professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She dedicates her work to everyone who dabbles in misery, trying to find their way in systems that don’t support them, and to anyone trying to tear it all down. ”

The Hawaii University professor continued her bizarre rant on the mathematics blog, claiming that while sexism is prevalent in society, it’s much easier to achieve “equality” at universities:

What can universities do? Well, that’s easier. Stop hiring white cismen (except as needed to get/retain people who are not white cis men) until the problem goes away. If you think this is a bad or un-serious idea, your sexism/racism/transphobia is showing.
    Heat Street has approached the AMS, but did not hear back by the publication time.

Diversity!

$#@! yeah!

University of Hawaii Professor Demands White Men Quit Their Jobs

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/univ...it-their-jobs/

A University of Hawaii math professor has urged every white man to quit their job or take a demotion and deemed those who disagree with her proposition as racist, sexist and transphobic.

Piper Harron, an assistant professor at the University of Hawaii who holds a PhD degree in mathematics from Princeton University, has penned an article for the American Mathematical Society (AMS) blog, calling on white men to “Get Out The Way”.

“Not to alarm you, but I probably want you to quit your job, or at least take a demotion,” Harron wrote, adding that “Statistically speaking, you are probably taking up room that should go to someone else.”

“If you are a white cis man (meaning you identify as male and you were assigned male at birth) you almost certainly should resign from your position of power,” the professor added.

Harron went on to suggest that if quitting is “too difficult”, white men should “at least get off your hiring committee your curriculum committee, and make sure you’re replaced by a woman of color or trans person.”

On the “About the Editors” page, Harron is described as someone who “tried really hard to play by the rules of society and academia, but she failed. Not only did she fail, but she was miserable and found that playing by the rules wouldn’t even keep her safe.

“She officially got her degree from Princeton University in January 2016, and is currently a Temporary Assistant Professor at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She dedicates her work to everyone who dabbles in misery, trying to find their way in systems that don’t support them, and to anyone trying to tear it all down. ”

The Hawaii University professor continued her bizarre rant on the mathematics blog, claiming that while sexism is prevalent in society, it’s much easier to achieve “equality” at universities:

What can universities do? Well, that’s easier. Stop hiring white cismen (except as needed to get/retain people who are not white cis men) until the problem goes away. If you think this is a bad or un-serious idea, your sexism/racism/transphobia is showing.
    Heat Street has approached the AMS, but did not hear back by the publication time.
    She's more than welcome to come help swing the hammer or wrench a pipe. Somehow I don't think she is up to the task.

This thread serves as an excellent reminder that the (supposed) virtue of the oppressed is a fairy tale.

If these (supposedly) "oppressed" morons ever came into power whites would end up mightily regretting ever allowing it to happen, even the ones that are useful idiots. That much is certain. Right now their whining and bitching amounts to "suggestions" because they lack power. God forbid they ever acquire real power.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    She's more than welcome to come help swing the hammer or wrench a pipe. Somehow I don't think she is up to the task.
    I wouldn't let her self righteous ass in my shop.....

Not as a client either.

South Afirca, Zimbabwe are object lessons..

I wouldn't let her self righteous ass in my shop.....

Not as a client either.
    True.

Ark?
    I live in the Ozarks.......

Wood paneling and quiet space is now sexist...possibly racist.

Minority students feel ‘marginalized’ by historic building’s ‘imposing, masculine’ paneling

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32596/

Some minority students at the University of Michigan have apparently felt intimidated by the interior wood paneling found throughout the historic Michigan Union building.

Anna Wibbelman, former president of Building a Better Michigan, an organization that voices student concerns about university development, stated at a student government meeting in late March that “minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing masculine paneling” found throughout the 100-year-old building, the meeting’s minutes state.

Current president of Building a Better Michigan, Jazz Teste, stated that Wibbelman’s comment wasn’t necessarily about the wood paneling.

“I believe it was an off-hand comment about how many students felt marginalized by the quiet nature of the building when they entered,” she told The College Fix via email.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    UCLA Hiring Student ‘Social Justice Advocates’ to Fight Against ‘Whiteness’ and ‘Patriarchy’

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/ucla...nd-patriarchy/

The University of Arizona isn’t the only institution to hop aboard the social justice bandwagon with official positions for social justice warriors. The prestigious University of California-Los Angeles, is joining the ranks, announcing plans to hire students to function as “Social Justice Advocates” to combat “whiteness,” “heteronormativity” and “the patriarchy.”

The publicly-funded university has announced plans to pay 8 to 10 students (with taxpayer dollars) to hold official “Social Justice Advocate” positions in the upcoming semester. First reported on Campus Reform, these so-called advocates will — according to the university administration’s official job posting — guide peers to “navigate a world that operates primarily on whiteness, patriarchy, and heteronormativity as the primary ideologies.”

Advocates will receive quarterly stipends (the amount is still to be determined) for helping to “educate” other students about “systems of oppression.” The program’s stated goal is to make UCLA a “more equitable space for all students and communities.”

It’s not stated whether these social justice advocates will be expected to snitch on fellow students for “bias incidents”, as is in the case at the University of Arizona.

The Social Justice Advocates program, which receives official funding from UCLA’s Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, through the Bruin Excellence & Student Transformation Grant Program, describes the position as follows:

The Social Justice Advocates initiative aims to empower students by developing them as conscious and critical leaders and equipping them with cultural and political capital as they navigate a world that operates on whiteness, patriarchy, and heteronormativity as the primary ideologies.

Social Justice Advocates will learn about systems oppression and how they intersect and build upon one another maintain the status quo. Most importantly individuals and the collective will be empowered through liberatory scholarship and practices and strengthening their emotional intelligence to create change within their spheres of influence.

Social Justice Advocates will educate their peers on how they can make UCLA a more equitable space for all students and communities.
    The application on the website requests that applicants enter their gender pronouns, including unconventional suggestions such as “zi” and “hir”—terms recently embraced by Google. Interested students are encouraged to tell UCLA what areas of social justice they’re passionate about, and how they’d like to contribute to the program.

The new program follows the creation of a series of UCLA workshops promoting social justice, one of which addresses “Social Justice Myths” like “reverse racism.” A workshop titled “All Aboard the Struggle Bus” teaches that minority students face struggles in “unfathomable numbers.” There has never been a better time to be a victim.

One workshop, “Politics of Love & Desire,” claims that ideals of beauty are “based on Eurocentric standards,” and the race of the individuals we choose to have romantic relationships with “hold political connotations whether we like it or not.”

Earlier today, the Afrikan [sic] Student Union at UCLA issued an ultimatum to the university demanding a $40 million endowment, free housing and the creation of mandatory “safe spaces” on campus, to compensate them for “racially insensitive incidents” such as the white student body president making a gang sign.

Just shoot me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just shoot me.
    NO!

You need to work harder to pay for these fine enlightened people....

NO!

You need to work harder to pay for these fine enlightened people....

I get the feeling many here enjoy to see me suffer. I don't know why.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I get the feeling many here enjoy to see me suffer. I don't know why.

And the mods are worthless.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Black UCLA students demand 'safe spaces,' $40 million

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9196

The UCLA Afrikan Student Union has issued an 8-point ultimatum demanding "safe spaces," a $40 million endowment, and even guaranteed free housing for black students.
    The group claims UCLA has done "nothing" for minority students in recent years, citing several instances of racial insensitivity, including a photo of the student body president flashing a gang sign.

Black students at the University of California, Los Angeles are demanding $40 million and their own “safe spaces” on campus as compensation for racially insensitive incidents.

“Black students at UCLA are consistently made the targets of racist attacks by fellow students, faculty, and administration [sic],” the Afrikan Student Union (ASU) begins an eight-point ultimatum issued Friday. “Unfortunately, on April 30, 2017, a photo was released depicting the USAC [student government] President holding gang signs.

The open letter goes on to cite additional examples, including “racist stickers” and a “Kanye Western” themed party, and declares that “since nothing has been done in recent years, the Afrikan Student Union is DEMANDING that UCLA administrators work with black students towards the development of a more positive campus climate.”

The first item on the list calls for “a physical location on campus to house the Afrikan Student Union Projects,” which would include “meeting/gathering/safe spaces” and be staffed by a director and an office manager who would be responsible for distributing funds allocated to the ASU.

In addition, the ASU ultimatum demands a $40 million “endowment” to fund “a comprehensive effort to address the underrepresentation of African-American students, faculty, and staff at our university,” adding that the endowment should also provide financial aid to “dismissed black students.”

“$40 million is just a drop in the bucket for the university,” ASU Chair Alicia Frison told The Daily Bruin. “Berkeley already has a $30 to $40 million endowment even though they have less [sic] African American students.”

The list goes on to ask that UCLA “deliver an anti-discrimination policy [that] assuages discriminatory and offensive behavior,” specifically “culturally insensitive” behavior, in conjunction with implementing mandatory “Cultural Awareness training” for all incoming students, faculty and staff members, and campus police officers.

“All will be required to have the training at least once in their time at UCLA,” the letter clarifies, adding ominously that “this will be supplemented with repercussions explicitly in the policy.”

The next few items relate to retention and recruitment of black students, requesting a “Black Student Financial Aid Officer” and access to “disaggregated data for African American students enrolled on [sic] UCLA,” meaning the academic performance of black students would be evaluated independently of data collected from the rest of the student body.

In addition, the group wants UCLA to create a “special admissions” program to admit “a limited number of students fitting certain alternative admissions criteria,” who would then undergo a “transitional period” before being “integrated [into the] regular admitted student population., courses, and curricular programs.”

On a more individualized level, the ultimatum also demands the creation of at least five “fully funded student positions,” but while it does not offer any indication of what those jobs would entail, it goes into exquisite detail regarding compensation, specifying that the student-employees should receive “bi-weekly salaries of at least $15/hour (adjusted for inflation) equipped for 30 weeks of the school year every year.”

Finally, the ASU is insisting that UCLA provide “guaranteed housing for black students for 4 years, including on- and off-campus housing,” arguing that securing housing is especially difficult for black students due to factors such as “low socio-economic status, difficulty of navigating the first generation college experience, and difficulties remaining financially stable amidst the rising living costs in Westwood.”

Hanna Almalssi, a black student who serves as the freshman representative for the Bruin Democrats, told Campus Reform that she fully supports the demands made by the ASU.

“All their demands should be met,” Almalssi said. “UCLA should be doing more to support people of color because it seems like they don’t do enough.”

Yet while ASU’s demands allege that UCLA has done “nothing” to help minorities in recent years, a statement sent out by a university spokesman suggested otherwise.

“We are proud of the fact that enrollment of minority incoming students at UCLA has risen by nearly 13% since 2012,” the statement said, adding that the school has taken numerous steps to reduce discrimination on campus during that time.

my university had one of those stupid "minority only" spaces as well
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12