Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Democrats have attempted impeachment of every elected GOP president since Ike

Exclamation Democrats have attempted impeachment of every elected GOP president since Ike

Interesting...I did not know that.

Nolte: Snopes Confirms Dems Tried to Impeach Every Elected GOP President Since Eisenhower

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nt-eisenhower/

JOHN NOLTE 7 Nov 2019

The fake, far-left fact check site Snopes accidentally confirmed that Democrats have sought to impeach every elected Republican president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Naturally, while confirming this, the garbage fire of fake news that is Snopes rated what is “mostly true” as “mostly false.”

The claim is: “Have Democrats Tried to Impeach Every GOP President Since Ike?”

Snopes decided to fact check this claim based on a popular meme that shows a black and white photo of Gen. Eisenhower above a caption that reads “INTERESTING FACT!!! Did you know Democrats have tried to impeach every Republican President since Eisenhower???”

Looking to debunk this mostly true claim, Snopes accidentally confirms that Democrats have indeed tried to impeach every elected Republican president since Eisenhower [emphasis mine]:

The U.S. has had six republican presidents since Eisenhower left office in 1961: Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Donald Trump. The claim is wrong on its face because Democrats made no effort to impeach Ford. While a handful of Democratic lawmakers have introduced articles of impeachment against five of the last six Republican presidents, in most cases these efforts weren’t taken seriously by the party at large. Nixon and Trump have been the only Republican presidents since Ike who have faced a serious threat of impeachment.

So, Snopes has indeed confirmed that Democrats have “introduced articles of impeachment against five of the last six Republican presidents,” the sole exception being Gerald Ford, who was not elected.

Ford was not even elected to the vice presidency; he was appointed by Nixon after his original vice president, Spiro Agnew, resigned in disgrace over a matter that had nothing to do with Watergate.

What’s more, Ford was president for only a little more than two years.

But there you have it — confirmation from a left-wing fact check site that Democrats sought to impeach five of the last six Republican presidents and sought to impeach every Republican elected to the presidency since Eisenhower.

Granted, the meme that claims Democrats tried to impeach every president since Ike is not 100 percent accurate. But after Snopes confirmed the meme was 5/6th correct, why is a mostly accurate claim hit with a verdict of “mostly false”?

I think we all know the answer to that one…

Because it is a damning fact that proves just how anti-democratic the Democrats are, what a bunch of sore losers they are, and Snopes is not a real fact-checking site, it is a Palace Guard for the political left.

So Snopes splits hairs between what it describes as “serious” impeachment efforts and efforts that never went beyond a lawmaker introducing articles of impeachment.

So what we have here is Snopes making a subjective opinion about what “tried to impeach every elected Republican president since Eisenhower” means — and wouldn’t you know it? — Snopes’s subjective opinion falls right into the category of aiding and abetting the left.

But by any objective, pro-science standard, the meme in question is MOSTLY TRUE.

Regardless, we should at least thank Snopes for doing the hard work that proves for a fact the following…

Democrats Have Tried to Impeach Every Elected GOP President Since Eisenhower…

Thanks, Snopes!!!
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When they refer to "our democracy" they mean rule by the Demoncrat party.
    Only Demoncrats and RINOs are "legitimate" and even the RINOs must be kept in line with disproportionate attacks and attempts to remove them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Political parties always attempt impeachment regardless of who the president is.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Big gov progs came up with "fact check," but most of their fact checks aren't even checking facts. They're just disagreements over someone's opinion/interpretation of facts.

They don't even know the meaning of the word "fact."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Some more than others; in case of Nixon, Dems were especially motivated.

In contrast GOP has been pretty polite to most Dems except Bill Clinton. In case of Barack Hussein Obama some in GOP seemed adulated almost while others seemed in deep uneasiness. Trump as a hybrid of sorts (half Dem-half NY Republican) non-pro politician and a very successful businessman slash brilliant reality TV star was the first Republican to go really tough on Obama and was rewarded with an election win.

Many ex-potus have committed impeachable acts.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

From Snopes:

Mostly false.

What's True
    Articles of impeachment were introduced against five of the six Republican presidents who have served since President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

What's False

Articles of impeachment were not introduced against President Gerald Ford; a handful of Democratic politicians filed articles of impeachment against President George H. W. Bush Sr. and President Ronald Reagan but their efforts did not receive the backing of the entire Democratic party; and the impeachment efforts against President Richard Nixon received bipartisan support.
    Here’s a simplified version of this process:

Representative introduces articles of impeachment.

Committee investigates matter and votes to send articles to full House.

House votes to impeach and sends the case to the Senate.

Senate votes to convict and the president is removed from office.

The impeachment efforts against Reagan, Bush Jr., and Bush Sr. only reached the first step of this process. These efforts didn’t receive much support from the Democratic party as a whole, and they never made their way out of committee for a vote in front of the full House. When Rep. Henry B. Gonzalez, D-Texas, introduced articles of impeachment against Reagan in 1987, the Associated Press reported that the effort had “virtually no chance of being approved”:

Gonzalez also filed articles of impeachment against Bush Sr., first in 1991, when H.R. 34 was referred to House Judiciary Committee, and then again in 1992, when H.R. 86 was put before the Subcommittee on Economic and Commercial Law. Neither of these efforts received a vote.

The impeachment effort against Bush Jr. was a bit more serious. Congressmen Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, and Robert Wexler, D-Fla., introduced 35 articles of impeachment against Bush to the U.S. House of Representatives in June 2008. Twenty-four Republicans joined 227 Democrats to vote in favor of sending the resolution to the House Committee on the Judiciary. Bush would leave office a few months later, however, before any other action was taken on the matter.

While articles of impeachment were introduced against Reagan and Bush Sr., these efforts never received the backing of the Democratic Party, never made it past committee, and were never brought to the House for a vote. A bit more support existed behind the impeachment efforts against Bush Jr., but again, this matter was not referred to the House for a full vote.

The only Republican president since Eisenhower (and before Donald Trump) who faced a serious threat of impeachment was Nixon. Nixon made it to step 2 of the impeachment process in July 1974 when the Judiciary Committee voted to send articles of impeachment to the House for a vote. This was a bipartisan effort, however, as six of the 17 Republicans on the Judiciary Committee joined their 21 Democrat colleagues to vote in favor of the resolution.

Nixon would have faced a vote in front of the full House, but he resigned from office before the vote took place.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-08-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Every president, regardless of party, deserved impeachment.

Kudos to whomever those Democrats were who introduced articles of impeachment against all those traitors. And shame on all those Republicans who failed to do the same during the tenures of Democrat presidents.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Every president, regardless of party, deserved impeachment.

Kudos to whomever those Democrats were who introduced articles of impeachment against all those traitors. And shame on all those Republicans who failed to do the same during the tenures of Democrat presidents.

Exactly. There should have been a LOT more impeachment attempts, not fewer.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    There hasn't been a POTUS alive in my lifetime who hasn't committed a war crime crime against humanity or taken a Massive on the Constitution and is guilty of impeachment or....even better.....tar and feathering.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It's shocking that no president has ever been removed from office.

It would be a good precedent to successfully impeach and/or to put a former president in jail.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

5/6? 83%

So if an impeachment vote gets 83%, does that make it mostly true?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, technically.

Probably the classiest thing Nixon ever did was preventing that precedent from being set.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    5/6? 83%

So if an impeachment vote gets 83%, does that make it mostly true?
    Snopes says...

Last edited by acptulsa; 11-08-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

It would be a good precedent to successfully impeach and/or to put a former president in jail.
    I will second the motion, and nominate Barrack Obama.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...CIA-Task-Force
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Even if one were removed it's likely that his predecessor would simply pardon him, as Ford did for Nixon, thus preventing any criminal prosecution. From the perspective of the state, criminal prosecution would be a very bad precedent to set.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

He'd be your first choice?

And whose brother was in charge of security in WTC7 in the summer of 2001?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, technically.

Probably the classiest thing Nixon ever did was preventing that precedent from being set.
    Not like he was given a choice. The party went into self-protection mode.

Also, he didn't prevent anything. The Senate could and should have continued with their proceedings despite his resignation.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Even if one were removed it's likely that his predecessor would simply pardon him, as Ford did for Nixon, thus preventing any criminal prosecution. From the perspective of the state, criminal prosecution would be a very bad precedent to set.
    Their successor would be less likely to pardon if they knew that they could be impeached for doing so.
    Pinochet is the model

Way ahead of you:

Sounds like there should be an investigation into 2016.

Maybe a special prosecutor.

And some congressional hearings.
    Pinochet is the model

Way ahead of you:
    Considering it's also illegal to use agencies to spy on campaigns...

Yes, what's sauce for that gander Trump is sauce for that goose Obama.

Instead of endless coups, which is where we are heading as the US becomes more and more of banana republic, I'd prefer the fedgov be reduced in size and scope to where whatever president was sitting in the office, he wouldn't have enough authority over me to affect my life in any meaningful way.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Instead of endless coups, which is where we are heading as the US becomes more and more of banana republic, I'd prefer the fedgov be reduced in size and scope to where whatever president was sitting in the office, he wouldn't have enough authority over me to affect my life in any meaningful way.
    You, certain people, or all people?

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Trump is doing his best to expand presidential powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Name them?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Name them?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

From Snopes: Mostly false.
    Here's the meme:

So, outside of Ford, who was not elected, articles of impeachment were filed by democrats against every GOP president since Ike.

So, in what world is the statement false?

Here's the meme:

So, outside of Ford, who was not elected, articles of impeachment were filed by democrats against every GOP president since Ike.

So, in what world is the statement false?
    A few democrats proposed filing articles of impeachment but they were never approved and filed. Clinton is the only President since Eisenhower who actually had Articles of Impeachment filed. Nixon quit before his could be filed.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Theres probably not a single president out there thats never committed an impeachable act.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

A few democrats proposed filing articles of impeachment but they were never approved and filed. Clinton is the only President since Eisenhower who actually had Articles of Impeachment filed. Nixon quit before his could be filed.
    That's not what your own post says:

a handful of Democratic politicians filed articles of impeachment against President George H. W. Bush Sr. and President Ronald Reagan
    IIRC they did against Shrub as well.

The meme, however, mentions nothing about how many, or how politically feasible it may have been.

The meme says democrats tried to impeach every GOP president since Ike.

The only manner in which that statement is false is regarding Ford, who, of course, was not elected.

Expanding presidential powers to do stuff I want done may be the very best I can hope for at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast