Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Embarrasses Romney Campaign By Winning Louisiana Delegates

Ron Paul Embarrasses Romney Campaign By Winning Louisiana Delegates

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sounds good to me.

Romney supporters were in damage control mode Saturday, undermining Paul's numerous caucus state victories and insisting that a broken process caused Romney an embarrassing finish in Louisiana. Romney supporter and Greater New Orleans Republican Chairwoman Sarah Roy complimented Ron Paul's campaign: “We congratulate Ron Paul supporters for apparently capturing their first state delegation in this Presidential election cycle through an excellent get out the vote effort today.”
    Chairwoman Sarah Roy is probably hitting the liquor bottle now.
    Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 04-29-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Romney should be embarrassed-period.

Funny thing, the process being called into question was specifically designed to get Romney some delegates out of Louisiana...

I love Allan Stevo. The Romney campaign should be well damned embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by pacu44 View Post
    Funny thing, the process being called into question was specifically designed to get Romney some delegates out of Louisiana...
    Well, he got PWNED in that respect, didn't he? MUAHAHAHAHA
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Well, he got PWNED in that respect, didn't he? MUAHAHAHAHA

hmmm , shoulda wore his magic underwear
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Great article!
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

although, I must say it should be even more embarrassing to Romney to lose 16 to 18 of 27 of the Congressional Districts in Massachusetts, including the district he lives in...........
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

From the article:

this technique was precisely the technique successfully used by President Obama’s 2008 campaign to defeat Hilary Clinton. As late as May 2008, then Senator Obama was still being referred to as unelectable in the media, until his delegate strategy started to show clear results.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonzola View Post
    Romney should be embarrassed-period.
    In all fairness, Romney only took 27% of the straw poll there. Shouldn't it be Rick Santorum that is "embarrassed?" Doesn't Santorum still want to claim his rightful delegates? So that he can deal them if necessary at the convention? Or , since he dropped out, is the idea that most of the people that would attend the Louisiana convention theoretically would now vote for Romney, as a show of unity?
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.

I personally think Santorum dropped out in good part BECAUSE he saw he was going to lose these states to Ron. People speculated it was because he didn't want to lose PA, but I think he thought it looked better for the future when his delegate count started going backwards, for him to have dropped out. But don't call him names. We want his supporters.

By the way, I am REALLY looking forward to the state conventions next week -- when I am hoping to see ROMNEY's delegate numbers go backwards...
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-29-2012 at 04:07 PM.

If Ron can win a caucus state where he got 6% of the straw vote, what does this say about his chances in other caucus states? Most interesting. Which also raises the question: why isn't Romney trucking in hundreds of people to attend these caucus conventions? I don't get it..
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You really should check in more often. How far behind are you? Do you know he has half of the delegates from Minnesota already, 20 of 24 picked at Congressional Districts, and is expected to dominate the MN State convention where they pick most of the rest? (And Kurt Bills, who endorsed Ron, and whom Ron endorsed for Senate is likely to win the coveted Senate endorsement from the state GOP, which is awarded at that convention?)

I mean, I'm just not sure what you don't know, but if you are only now speculating on how well Ron is doing in caucus states, you clearly haven't been keeping up....

/kidding
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-29-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    although, I must say it should be even more embarrassing to Romney to lose 16 to 18 of 27 of the Congressional Districts in Massachusetts, including the district he lives in...........
    Why should he be embarrassed, no one will ever know but us....
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Paulatized View Post
    Why should he be embarrassed, no one will ever know but us....
    lol! isn't that the truth. Unless they end up voting for Ron on second ballot, which might be noticeable.

I wonder how many people that might have voted for Romney didn't because of how the media is playing him up as the winner already? Hopefully it's a trend...thanks msm!

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    In all fairness, Romney only took 27% of the straw poll there. Shouldn't it be Rick Santorum that is "embarrassed?" Doesn't Santorum still want to claim his rightful delegates? So that he can deal them if necessary at the convention? Or , since he dropped out, is the idea that most of the people that would attend the Louisiana convention theoretically would now vote for Romney, as a show of unity?
    Ricky boy was at Obama's press dinner thingy giving him the thumbs up when Obama made fun of him. Seems kinda odd.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

You really should check in more often. How far behind are you? Do you know he has half of the delegates from Minnesota already, 20 of 24 picked at Congressional Districts, and is expected to dominate the MN State convention where they pick most of the rest? (And Kurt Bills, who endorsed Ron, and whom Ron endorsed for Senate is likely to win the coveted Senate endorsement from the state GOP, which is awarded at that convention?)

I mean, I'm just not sure what you don't know, but if you are only now speculating on how well Ron is doing in caucus states, you clearly haven't been keeping up....

/kidding
    I am aware of Iowa and Minnesota, but Ron was far more competitive in the popular vote in each of those states.

I am aware of Iowa and Minnesota, but Ron was far more competitive in the popular vote in each of those states.
    Oklahoma looks nice, but they are bound.

Missouri we would have won had Santorum stayed in. We may yet, but it isn't clear.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-29-2012 at 04:57 PM.

I don't think he needs to be embarrassed since he got 72% of the straw poll vote in Massachusetts.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oklahoma looks nice, but they are bound.

Missouri we would have won had Santorum stayed in. We may yet, but it isn't clear.
    What's up with Colorado?

I don't think he needs to be embarrassed since he got 72% of the straw poll vote in Massachusetts.
    Isn't that backwards to what you just said about Santorum and how he should be embarrassed more than Mitt in Louisiana?

Before I go spend an hour on this, does anyone know how many pledged winner-take-all delegates Romney has?

What's up with Colorado?
    Unfortunately that wont' be a plurality for Ron unless the SAntorum guys vote with us as I understand they are supposed to do as part of the slate deal. We got 12, Romney 13, Santa something like 7 but we also dumped the delegation chair and the new one is a Santa guy. We got a bunch of committee slots at RNC for our guys, though.

Isn't that backwards to what you just said about Santorum and how he should be embarrassed more than Mitt in Louisiana?
    No, because Mass. delegates are tied to the straw vote. So, according to the rules for getting delegates in Mass., Romney crushed it. On the other hand, Santorum needed to get some of those 91,305 voters to the caucuses in Louisiana as a crucial part of the process for getting delegates in that particular state. He failed to do so (thus the potential for justifiable embarrassment since his voters wouldn't follow through for him).

As a side note, it seems that Louisiana might as well not have a primary, since it is meaningless. Either that, or not have a caucus. It would make sense to me if they assigned half of the delegates from the straw vote outcome and half from the caucus, or something like that..(don't get me wrong, I'm happy about their rules in this election!)
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-29-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Before I go spend an hour on this, does anyone know how many pledged winner-take-all delegates Romney has?
    CT Rattlesnake was keeping an actual bound list in his signature if you want to look for him by Find User. It won't have this weekend's results, though. Also if you go to page two or so of the threads this weekend someone did a list and the thread title is something like 'Romney doesn't have 600 delegates'. I haven't proofed either though, because I think Romney is going to go backwards, so why bother?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast