Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson: Calling illegals “illegal” is “very incendiary” (video)

Gary Johnson: Calling illegals “illegal” is “very incendiary” (video)

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...nesty-n2212297

Quote Originally Posted by HotAir
    A golden moment from his interview with our Townhall cousin, Guy Benson. Watch him get genuinely pissy at around 4:00 when Guy, very politely, presses him on why the term “illegal” is so troubling. What we’re left with here is a third-party candidate who’s hyper-libertarian on immigration, of all issues, but not so libertarian on, for example, a carbon tax or whether business owners should be forced to cater gay weddings. That’s his pitch to conservatives who have been alienated by Trump: Possibly some new taxes, certainly less religious liberty, and all the amnesty you can eat. There’s no reason left why any anti-Trump conservative should waste a vote on this guy when they could back Evan McMullin, a write-in choice, or simply not vote for president on their ballot. Johnson’s appeal, we’re told, is as a protest candidate. What am I protesting in voting for him? Borders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xlmU9LvtAs
    Last edited by jct74; 09-02-2016 at 11:25 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moron....yeah that's gary
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Talk about the issue, Gary, not how the issue should be talked about.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

He's such a leftist. He really is. The only things he *ever* gets excited or passionate about are left-wing issues. It's not about him being pro-choice or whatever. I could vote for a pro-choice libertarian, but not a guy who is straight leftist through and through. Honestly Kucinich is better than him. This isn't the movement I joined 6 years ago.
    Libertarian Republican trying to help break the one-party state in Massachusetts

Looking for new liberty candidates for 2014 and beyond

Libertarians with a boner for appealing to liberals need to be purged from the whole movement.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Video here. The "incendiary" section begins at about 4:20.

"Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

He needs to go back to New Mexico.

Some people need to be upset!

I think part of being Libertarian is speaking plainly about the issues. Ron Paul does not mince words, for sure. If you don't believe me, go look for the videos where then-Fed Chair Ben Bernanke was brought in before Paul's committee.

Gary can't be mealy mouthed or address the tone of the discussion. He needs to say what his position is and go from there.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Who gives a crap about Johnson at this point. He isn't a libertarian but he is representing the Libertarian party pathetically. The sooner he loses and leave the party, the better.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Gary doesn't even have the cajones to bring up the benefits they receive by theft taxation.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    What we’re left with here is a third-party candidate who’s hyper-libertarian on immigration, of all issues, but not so libertarian on, for example, a carbon tax or whether business owners should be forced to cater gay weddings.
    Standard beltway libertarian.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Video here. The "incendiary" section begins at about 4:20.

Gary needed a trigger warning and a safe space. Noticed he was playing the angry man the other day on another show. Must be a new tactic.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He's right about the door to door knocking and paperz pleez gag. Have to be careful with promoting that. Eventually, they'll run out of Mexicans to haul off and those task forces won't just go home and call it a day. Next thing you know they'll be knocking on granny's door asking paperz pleez.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Whatever. I call them illegals because they are. I don't care if they are offended. If I had my way I would give them all a green card in one fell swoop and make them all legal. Then no entitlements till citizenship using the existing path. No entitlements until then. It's not a hard problem to solve.

I'm starting to regret even voting for this guy in 2012. He's desperately trying to poach votes from Dems and leftists and has basically abandoned everything truly conservative and libertarian. They are trying to make "illegal immigrant" the new PC no no term and it's gross that he is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    He's right about the door to door knocking and paperz pleez gag. Have to be careful with promoting that. Eventually, they'll run out of Mexicans to haul off and those task forces won't just go home and call it a day. Next thing you know they'll be knocking on granny's door asking paperz pleez.
    But who is talking about "door to door knocking" and random searching of papers?
    RVO˩UTION

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    But who is talking about "door to door knocking" and random searching of papers?
    How else would officials round up 11 million illegals?

Gary Johnson yells/gets mad over the term "illegal" must use!

"I raped her because I could not have sex with her" makes as much sense, LOL Silly Grey, borders works and you will never be elected again because you are a globalist hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    I'm starting to regret even voting for this guy in 2012. He's desperately trying to poach votes from Dems and leftists and has basically abandoned everything truly conservative and libertarian. They are trying to make "illegal immigrant" the new PC no no term and it's gross that he is helping.
    Yep. His strategy is to appeal to and harness the electorate's ignorance, not to correct it. It is a no-win if he loses, and not even a guaranteed win if he doesn't. He'll have won for all the wrong reasons.

Gary Johnson Loses It! Goes FULL RETARD Over Term 'Illegal Immigrant'

bawhahahahahahahaah whatta douche. This clown in no libertarian. My right to liberty also means protecting those rights. Illegal is illegal $#@! GJ.

Last edited by 4_God_N_Country; 09-02-2016 at 10:57 AM.

He's even getting goofed on by Tila Tequlia, lol.

The common term for what the right wing statists now call "illegal immigrants" was simply "inhabitants" at the time of the Constitution.

The citizen of a free state is so united to it as to possess an individual’s proportion of the common sovereignty; but he who is no more than an

inhabitant, or resident,

has no farther connection with the state in which he resides, than such as gives him security for his person and property, agreeably to fixed laws, without any participation in government.
    A Dissertation On The Manner of Acquiring The Character and Privileges Of A Citizen Of The United States - David Ramsay (1789)
    https://www.scribd.com/document/3659...on-Citizenship

The entire notion of citizenship to a republic as opposed to subjectship to a monarch or state, is that

At twenty-one years of age, every freeman is at liberty to choose his country, his religion, and his allegiance.
    that is citizenship, unlike subjectship, is CHOSEN BY FREEMEN not bestowed state decrees.
    Last edited by presence; 09-02-2016 at 12:49 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary Johnson is an Anti-gun, Pro-globalist helper of Hillary Clinton and George Soros. He sold his soul to hijack the Liberty movement.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

pcgame

Last edited by pcgame; 09-02-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    Gary Johnson is pro 2nd amendment. A libertarian/paleoconservative could also say the same thing about Donald Trump. After all, he's given a lot of money to democrats.
    My mistake Gary Johnson's pick of Veep is pro-gun control.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Libertarians with a boner for appealing to liberals need to be purged from the whole movement.
    Physical Removal, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    How else would officials round up 11 million illegals?
    We send them welfare/tax credits, some states give them driver privilege cards/Driver Licences. We know who they are, where they live.

We have the means, and soon the will.

Factor in no renting to illegals, no public schools, no catch and release, no more birth right citizenship, etc. They will have no choice but leave, if they want to turn themselves in and get a free ride home, that is fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post
    Gary Johnson is pro 2nd amendment. A libertarian/paleoconservative could also say the same thing about Donald Trump. After all, he's given a lot of money to democrats.
    You can not be pro 2nd Amendment and support letting in tens of millions of anti gun, leftist voters into the nation.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast