Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fox News poll: Gary Johnson at 10% nationally

This "He/She is No Ron Paul" stuff again. There is no Ron Paul except for Ron Paul. One of a kind guy. We have worthy successors to him, but none of them will just like the man who brought us all to this site. I've settled with myself that I'm not getting another Ron, so one of his torchbearers will have to do.

Not sure if I'd say Gary Johnson is exactly in the same category I put Ron Paul and others in, but he's better than the embarrassments to dignity that are Trump and Killary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    This "He/She is No Ron Paul" stuff again. There is no Ron Paul except for Ron Paul. One of a kind guy. We have worthy successors to him, but none of them will just like the man who brought us all to this site. I've settled with myself that I'm not getting another Ron, so one of his torchbearers will have to do.

Not sure if I'd say Gary Johnson is exactly in the same category I put Ron Paul and others in, but he's better than the embarrassments to dignity that are Trump and Killary.
    Agree.
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Johnson's foreign policy is all over the map.
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/09/th...oreign-policy/

I didn't want to spend the time looking for the video, but he made a horse's ass out of himself when he was being interviewed by a FOX panel in 2012, on foreign policy. They had each Republican candidate on there and Johnson was embarrassing.
    All over the map? Sounds kind of like.....

Trump?
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

Show me a poll not run by Faux News and then we'll talk
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post

I agree with this 100%
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    All over the map? Sounds kind of like.....

Trump?
    Trump isn't claiming to be a "libertarian". If some are going to stick their noses in the air claiming some kind of righteousness, Johnson probably shouldn't be their go to guy. Just sayin'...
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Trump isn't claiming to be a "libertarian". If some are going to stick their noses in the air claiming some kind of righteousness, Johnson probably shouldn't be their go to guy. Just sayin'...
    He is by no means my "go to guy." He is my least favorite of the current Libertarian candidates.

Still far superior to Trump.

I just find it ironic that you would point out a changing foreign policy when Donald Trump has "changed" his stance on this issue many times.

RON PAUL

I didn't want to spend the time looking for the video, but he made a horse's ass out of himself when he was being interviewed by a FOX panel in 2012, on foreign policy. They had each Republican candidate on there and Johnson was embarrassing.
    I'm happy with his foreign policy views based on his recent interview with Joe Rogan.. He didn't say anything Ron Paul wouldn't have said and I'm pretty sure they spent at least 25 minutes on it. It starts about 2/3 of the way through the 3 hour interview. How long did he spend talking about foreign policy on Fox News?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...gan-Experience
    Last edited by dannno; 05-19-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Johnson has zero philosophical understanding of property rights, and his wedding cake answer brought that to light. How is he the frontrunner of the Libertarian party when he has no grasp on the cornerstone of libertarianism?
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Johnson has zero philosophical understanding of property rights, and his wedding cake answer brought that to light. How is he the frontrunner of the Libertarian party when he has no grasp on the cornerstone of libertarianism?
    Already answered that.. it's a black hole issue that will get a candidate nowhere in the current electorate, he said so himself and it's true.

Listen to the Joe Rogan interview if you are unsure about his policies and what he intends to do as President. Except for abortion, which isn't going to get solved with either of the other candidates, he's on our side on all the major issues. After a 3 hour grilling by Rogan he did pretty damn good, and I think he can get the support from the left that we need to start implementing small government policy.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Already answered that.. it's a black hole issue that will get a candidate nowhere in the current electorate, he said so himself and it's true.

Listen to the Joe Rogan interview if you are unsure about his policies and what he intends to do as President. Except for abortion, which isn't going to get solved with either of the other candidates, he's on our side on all the major issues. After a 3 hour grilling by Rogan he did pretty damn good, and I think he can get the support from the left that we need to start implementing small government policy.
    I'll watch the interview. The LP has a shot this election, let's hope they leave a good first impression.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Is it too far-fetched to surmise that GJ may have stolen more Hillary votes than trump votes?
    Another three-way debate in the general election ?

Is this really you guys first rodeo? Third party candidates always poll high early on, and fade some later and then finally do jack all on Election Day. This has been the case every four years since George Wallace.

Case in point: Gary Johnson was polling at 9% nationally early on before the 2012 election. How'd he finish? Oh, right, <1%.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 05-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Is this really you guys first rodeo? Third party candidates always poll high early on, and fade some late and then finally do jack all on Election Day. This has been the case every four years since George Wallace.

Case in point: Gary Johnson was polling at 9% nationally early on before the 2012 election. How'd he finish? Oh, right, <1%.
    It's a barrier thing.. If they don't go up from 10%, they go down. Ross Perot started climbing and did quite well. If your polling doesn't go up from 10%, then people turn back to voting for one of the other two because they aren't perceived as having a chance.

I would hold out on your prediction, keep it safely tucked away somewhere, you may be right but don't coronate the decision by making people think he doesn't have a chance before he has a chance to improve his numbers.

He needs to get serious national media on the heels of these results or it could fizzle.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Is this really you guys first rodeo? Third party candidates always poll high early on, and fade some late and then finally do jack all on Election Day. This has been the case every four years since George Wallace.

The Libertarian candidate has never had tens of millions in funding though. That will change if Gary Johnson is the nominee this year.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...esidential-bid

If your goal is for Hillary Clinton to lose, and for Gary Johnson to win, his best bet is emphasizing his social liberalism and attracting Sanders supporters so they don't vote for Clinton against Trump. The more conservative he sounds, the more conservatives he will pull from Trump and he will end up giving Hillary the win.

Part of the reason that the LP exists is to thwart the chances of anyone different (like Donald Trump) actually getting elected.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Part of the reason that the LP exists is to thwart the chances of anyone different (like Donald Trump) actually getting elected.
    Oh? You really think that was the reasoning during the Big Government Nixon Administration?

And how has that been working out? Dubya was about as different as anyone ever elected, being unable to put together a coherent sentence. How did the LP do in thwarting his efforts?

Your comedy is improving. You get funnier every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

At this point I don't know if I could vote for Johnson. He has waffled on many big issues and Weld doesn't make me feel any better about him. Weld is a guy who supported the assault weapons ban and all sorts of anti 2nd Amendment legislation, including no handgun ownership. Weld also endorsed Obama (2008) and Romney (2012). This guy doesn't seem to be anywhere in the vicinity of libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    true, but lets face it, not even his son is.
    Rand knows better!

...says person supporting Donald Trump.

R
    O
    F
    L

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Johnson being in the double digits a second time is a very encouraging sign. His being listed in a major poll at all is also encouraging, as it suggests the media will keep tracking him, thus his inclusion will keep his name visible. The choice of Weld is significant, in that it reinforces the "substantial candidate" image of the ticket by putting two former Governors on it.
    Exactly

'Who is Gary Johnson?' was one of the questions on Jeopardy! today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Who is Gary Johnson?' was one of the questions on Jeopardy! today.
    What was the answer?

This is a BFD. If he gets to 15% he is in the debates. All he has to do is break 5% and the LP gets matching funds which could make a huge difference in the next election.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That poll is pretty huge
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Show me a poll not run by Faux News and then we'll talk
    Yesterday's Rasmussen Poll indicates that:

"Trump earns 42% support to Clinton’s 37% when Likely U.S. Voters are asked whom they would vote for if the presidential election were held today. But Rasmussen Reports’ latest national telephone survey finds that 13% prefer some other candidate, while seven percent (7%) are undecided."
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...te_house_watch
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyExtremist View Post
    At this point I don't know if I could vote for Johnson. He has waffled on many big issues and Weld doesn't make me feel any better about him. Weld is a guy who supported the assault weapons ban and all sorts of anti 2nd Amendment legislation, including no handgun ownership. Weld also endorsed Obama (2008) and Romney (2012). This guy doesn't seem to be anywhere in the vicinity of libertarian.
    It's not like he is going to win. It is about creating a third party that enjoys election law benefits like the R&D. THAT is the reason for voting L.P. Doesn't really matter if it is Johnson, Peterson or McAfee. If they get a foot in the political door then the party can become refocused much more so than the R&D's.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh? You really think that was the reasoning during the Big Government Nixon Administration?

And how has that been working out? Dubya was about as different as anyone ever elected, being unable to put together a coherent sentence. How did the LP do in thwarting his efforts?

Your comedy is improving. You get funnier every day.
    Not really.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast