Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BREXIT Thread

Very interesting indeed. I admit, I didn't think Britain had the balls, and if they did I thought the referendum might be rigged. The UK leaves the EU, Scotland will leave the UK and maybe Northern Ireland too. This may be the beginning of the end of the EU.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If U.K. Votes Brexit, Frexit and Italexit Could Follow

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ld-follow.html

BARBIE LATZA NADEAU06.23.165:00 AM ET

ROME — Most people know what it feels like to stay in a relationship too long. What were once small annoyances become huge fights as patience wears thin. And before you know it promises are being broken and doors (or in this case borders) are slamming shut.

That’s kind of how the European Union is behaving right now, or at least that’s what recent polls suggest when it comes to the question of whether or not British voters should vote to stay in the European Union on Thursday. It’s as if Europe is saying to the U.K., “OK, then, just go… But if you go, don’t come back!”

And if the U.K. does vote to divorce itself from Europe on Thursday, there is no telling just how nasty the final settlement might be, or even how many other countries are going to follow the U.K.’s lead and try to get out, too.

Countries like Sweden are already contemplating a referendum of their own if the U.K. votes to bail. One might envision years of “Swexit,” “Frexit,” and “Italexit” sagas unfolding as countries consider the value of staying in a broken union while popular opinion weighs against it.

What’s more, it sometimes seems that nobody outside the U.K. is really fighting to keep it in the European Union save arrogant Eurocrats and multi-national and British-based pan-European businesses that will be directly affected by the British vote.

A recent survey by the German Bertelsmann Foundation suggests that the majority of Europeans may favor the U.K. remaining in Europe, but they are not exactly pleading with their friends across the English Channel to stay. And some may be inspired to ditch the European project themselves.

Take France, a founding member and architect of the European Union. According to the Bertelsmann poll, only 41 percent of the French think British voters should vote to stay. Next year, Marine Le Pen, a fervent anti-EU campaigner, will almost certainly dominate the first round of France’s presidential elections, even if, like her father when he was a candidate in 2002, she is forced out in the second round.

In the wake of a Brexit vote, it’s certain that Marine Le Pen’s calls for France to hold its own referendum will gain momentum, and it’s no accident that she announced this week she was very much in favor of Britain pulling out.

“I would vote for Brexit, even if I think that France has a thousand more reasons to leave than the U.K.,” she said, since the French have to deal with the euro currency and the open borders of the continent under the Schengen agreement, both of which the British refused to join long ago. “Whatever the result,” said Le Pen, “it shows the EU is decaying, that there are cracks everywhere.”

BBC: UK votes to leave European Union

BBC: UK votes to leave European Union

The BBC and ITV News have called the referendum for "Leave" to win. CNN is not yet predicting the result of the once-in-a-generation vote, which could lead to the UK being the first country to leave the European bloc.

http://www.wmur.com/national/in-or-o...rship/40185430

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Trump is in Scotland right now. The angel of death has arrived.
    And Scotland voted to stay. Go figure, they probably voted to stay just to spite him.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I. Am. Stunned.

Floored.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And Scotland voted to stay. Go figure, they probably voted to stay just to spite him.
    FREEEDOOO.....

Oops, nevermind

Wackjobs are blaming Trump for the Brexit. They are saying that he legitimized public outbursts of racism.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I demand a recount
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If U.K. Votes Brexit, Frexit and Italexit Could Follow

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ld-follow.html

BARBIE LATZA NADEAU06.23.165:00 AM ET

ROME — Most people know what it feels like to stay in a relationship too long. What were once small annoyances become huge fights as patience wears thin. And before you know it promises are being broken and doors (or in this case borders) are slamming shut.

That’s kind of how the European Union is behaving right now, or at least that’s what recent polls suggest when it comes to the question of whether or not British voters should vote to stay in the European Union on Thursday. It’s as if Europe is saying to the U.K., “OK, then, just go… But if you go, don’t come back!”

And if the U.K. does vote to divorce itself from Europe on Thursday, there is no telling just how nasty the final settlement might be, or even how many other countries are going to follow the U.K.’s lead and try to get out, too.

Countries like Sweden are already contemplating a referendum of their own if the U.K. votes to bail. One might envision years of “Swexit,” “Frexit,” and “Italexit” sagas unfolding as countries consider the value of staying in a broken union while popular opinion weighs against it.

What’s more, it sometimes seems that nobody outside the U.K. is really fighting to keep it in the European Union save arrogant Eurocrats and multi-national and British-based pan-European businesses that will be directly affected by the British vote.

A recent survey by the German Bertelsmann Foundation suggests that the majority of Europeans may favor the U.K. remaining in Europe, but they are not exactly pleading with their friends across the English Channel to stay. And some may be inspired to ditch the European project themselves.

Take France, a founding member and architect of the European Union. According to the Bertelsmann poll, only 41 percent of the French think British voters should vote to stay. Next year, Marine Le Pen, a fervent anti-EU campaigner, will almost certainly dominate the first round of France’s presidential elections, even if, like her father when he was a candidate in 2002, she is forced out in the second round.

In the wake of a Brexit vote, it’s certain that Marine Le Pen’s calls for France to hold its own referendum will gain momentum, and it’s no accident that she announced this week she was very much in favor of Britain pulling out.

“I would vote for Brexit, even if I think that France has a thousand more reasons to leave than the U.K.,” she said, since the French have to deal with the euro currency and the open borders of the continent under the Schengen agreement, both of which the British refused to join long ago. “Whatever the result,” said Le Pen, “it shows the EU is decaying, that there are cracks everywhere.”
    One can dream.

Down with Bretton Woods!

Wackjobs are blaming Trump for the Brexit. They are saying that he legitimized public outbursts of racism.
    Man, there's just no logical fallacy they will pull at.

Is it too late, to take Article 50

and hide it in a dumpster somewhere

and burn it?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Huff Post is on suicide watch.

What are these "lever" votes they're talking about?
    - Kim Kardashian

Cool speach....he hopes everyone separates and trades between themserves as before.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ok, now which is the first state to secede?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Merkel, you know what needs to done about the #brexit. America has your back. Abrahm #Brincoln
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Quebec will secede first.

Then you could see a state.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Quebec will secede first.

Then you could see a state.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I. Am. Stunned.

Floored.
    Me too. Before dinner I checked, and team Brexit was starting to admit defeat. Got online to check the world and saw they won?

I have to say that I did not see this coming, good for them. Now make sure you make the best of it cos if the economy tanks after this, the citizens would vote themselves back in and a referendum like this will not come for decades

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I need more!!!!

is it done?!?!

Amazing!

Have to guess that the margin of victory was so great that there was no way for them to push it the other way.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

This victory wasn't supposed to happen....

was Matt Collins behind this?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    I heard there was no exist polling. Dunno if that's right but if so, more easy to commit fraud. Also the very close leave/remain predictions make rigging more likely. Bev Harris has said it's in close races where vote rigging is the biggest threat.
    Margin of victory was so large that they could not overcome it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic