Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BREXIT Thread

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Which is precisely why I fear it will be "managed" into no Brexit. But let us hope your hope proves out. I would not at all mind seeing the Brits pop their governmental heads out of their backsides and let the fidupulating EU burn to the waterline, which it should.
    Polls at this moment are suggesting a slight lead for Leave. The momentum is on their side. The Remain camp only has scare stories about the economy and personal attacks.

(A slight lead.. However since the beginning of the campaign there has been about a 15 point change in opinion polls in favor of Brexit)
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 06-14-2016 at 02:56 AM.
    "I am a bird"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keeping my fingers crossed...

Now, if Quebec would just vote in favor of secession, then things here could really get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed...

Now, if Quebec would just vote in favor of secession, then things here could really get going.
    I am positive about the future when it's concerning national sovereignty. The trend in the world for the past decades has been for nation states to split up. Because it does not work to have vastly different people in a democracy. What works is, democracies with great variations in culture that trade, talk, travel and have fun together. Democracies are "acceptable" from a libertarian point of view, I guess, when the demos of the country is pretty similar in morality and culture.
    "I am a bird"

Holland Backs Brexit:

A staggering 80 per cent of people surveyed by a national newspaper in the Netherlands believe the UK should take back control from Brussels on June 23.
    The sensational poll, carried out by De Telegraaf, lays bare their anger towards the EU amid the refugee crisis and concerns over the Eurozone.
    The bureaucrats in Brussels must be scared.
    Stop believing stupid things

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let every country in the Euro hold a referendum and let the whole ghastly mess collapse
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Holland Backs Brexit:

The bureaucrats in Brussels must be scared.
    Which is funny since I saw a scare-story on the news here. Which called pro-Brexit people "Anti-European", which is vastly different from Anti-EU. More stuff like that, which makes it quite obvious what the journalists useful idiots think. They also showed some kind of poll in which apparently 70% of the people here want to stay. Great isn't it ? I don't know anybody who passionately want to stay. I know people who will make the business argument but they don't do it passionately. I do know lots of people that actually want to leave, most people I know.
    "I am a bird"

Spread it far and wide..
    "I am a bird"

Nigel Farage and Sir Bob Geldof battle over Brexit on boats

This is how nuts the migrant crisis management is;

Opnieuw heeft het marinefregat Zr. Ms. Van Amstel vluchtelingen op de Middellandse Zee gered. Dit keer gaat het om 248 mensen.

Bij de reddingsoperatie dinsdag pikte de marine al 193 vluchtelingen van een zinkende boot tussen Egypte en Sicilië op.

Beide reddingsoperaties vonden binnen 24 uur plaats, twitterde Rob Verkerk, de commandant van de marine. De Van Amstel is nu met 441 vluchtelingen op weg naar een Italiaanse haven om ze daar aan land te brengen.

Het marinefregat is voor het Europese grensagentschap Frontex actief in de Middellandse Zee.

Again, the navy frigate Zr. Ms. Van Amstel refugees rescued in the Mediterranean. This time, it comes to 248 people.

When the rescue operation Tuesday picked up the navy all 193 refugees from a sinking boat between Egypt and Sicily.

Both rescues took place within 24 hours, twittered Rob Verkerk, the commander of the navy. Van Amstel is now with 441 refugees on their way to an Italian port to get to land them there.

The Navy frigate for the EU's border agency Frontex active in the Mediterranean.
    Source; nu.nl/google translate.

As soon as these people have passports, they can come to GB or any other country (in the EU, in fact from Italy they can already pretty much go anywhere). It's nuts.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 06-16-2016 at 10:28 AM.
    "I am a bird"

I haven't posted in a long time, but felt I had to share this one (which many have likely already seen).

Having been on this site since 2007, I've heard a lot of crazy conspiracies, false flags, rumors etc. I don't believe 99% of it, as I believe the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

And I admit I have a Brexit bias. I feel bad the poor gal isn't even cold yet, but when I read this and what happened, wow, could this be an actual false flag?? It really, really felt that way right off the bat to me.

In fact, look at the stock market today. If this event could marginally change the Brexit/Remain balance by scaring poor people into solidarity with Remain, Remain is bullish for the market.

Today, it felt like after this event was digested, people are now placing bets it will shame people into Remain votes, which is why the market has turned around.

At least that's my whacky theory. What say you, fine poster?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...shift-gun.html
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Brexit Campaigns Suspended After Labour Lawmaker Jo Cox Shot

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-53-back-leave

Both sides suspended campaigning on whether Britain should leave the European Union after a lawmaker was attacked in her district.
    Jo Cox, a member of the opposition Labour Party, was hospitalized in a critical condition, with the Press Association reporting she had been shot twice Thursday in West Yorkshire, northern England. Local police said they had arrested a 52-year-old man in the area. It was unclear if the incident was related to the June 23 referendum.
    “We are suspending all campaigning for the day,” the official Britain Stronger In Europe campaign wrote on Twitter. “Our thoughts are with Jo Cox and her family.” Those advocating leaving the EU also put their effort on hold, the BBC reported.
    Prime Minister David Cameron canceled a trip to the British territory of Gibraltar, saying on Twitter that “it’s right that all campaigning has been stopped after the terrible attack on Jo Cox.”
    The Guardian reported an eyewitness saying Cox’s attacker had shouted “Britain First.” That’s the name of a group which campaigns against immigration and Britain’s membership of the European Union.
    A video on the group’s website showed activists learning combat techniques at a “training camp” in the Snowdonia mountains of North Wales. In a statement on the site, the group said it “obviously is NOT involved and would never encourage behavior of this sort.”
    Steady Lead
    The attack came as those pushing to leave the European Union held a steady lead in opinion polls. A survey by Ipsos MORI for the Evening Standard newspaper released on Thursday showed 53 percent support for leaving with 47 percent for “Remain,” excluding those who said they didn’t yet know.
    The telephone poll of 1,257 adults, the latest in a string of surveys showing a steady lead for anti-EU campaigners, was conducted from June 11 to June 14. Another poll for IG Group by Survation showed 45 percent for leaving and 42 percent for staying, with 13 percent undecided.
    “Until this morning I would have said to you that on the balance of probabilities, ‘Remain’ were the favorites,” John Curtice, professor of politics at Strathclyde University in Glasgow, told the BBC. “We no longer have a favorite in this referendum. There has to be a serious possibility that we will vote ‘Leave.”’
    EU leaders reiterated their desire for Britain to remain a member nation. President Donald Tusk said in Helsinki quitting the EU would be “a huge mistake” and he had an “obligation to be frank and fair with our argumentation.”
    European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, speaking to Bloomberg on the sidelines of a conference in St. Petersburg, had a simple message to voters: “Don’t do it,” he said.
    Cox's husband led the tributes posted online:

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I haven't posted in a long time, but felt I had to share this one (which many have likely already seen).

Having been on this site since 2007, I've heard a lot of crazy conspiracies, false flags, rumors etc. I don't believe 99% of it, as I believe the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

And I admit I have a Brexit bias. I feel bad the poor gal isn't even cold yet, but when I read this and what happened, wow, could this be an actual false flag?? It really, really felt that way right off the bat to me.

In fact, look at the stock market today. If this event could marginally change the Brexit/Remain balance by scaring poor people into solidarity with Remain, Remain is bullish for the market.

Today, it felt like after this event was digested, people are now placing bets it will shame people into Remain votes, which is why the market has turned around.

She was in the "Remain" camp, as was stated. I wouldn't put anything past these bastards to drive the narrative and salvage their eurostate dream. Very odd indeed.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm not sold on anything being 100% a "false flag". But I am sold on believing that the real earthly powers in this world are quite evil. It isn't that any one attack like this done by this evil behind the curtain is strictly necessary or particularly effective. But it's an ongoing thing. If the overall objective wasn't met by this attack (assuming it isn't truly a lone wolf) then they would simply pull another lever down the line. So I don't see these "false flags" as binary levers executing a well thought out plan, but rather little course corrections steering us in an overall direction.

If one actors cover is blown that head is cut off, and another grows somewhere else.

So it isn't that we should focus so much on "getting to the bottom" of each and every criminal act, because you'll just get lost in the rabbit holes. Rather we should try to apprehend the nature of what this evil is, and how it operates. Not to attack it directly, but to understand what counter-strategies will be effective and which ones will fail.

I read your post as kind of a profession of faith that, "I'm really starting to believe this evil is real." It is most definitely real. And if you give any credence to Christian truth, you should realize it is only God who has allowed this evil to even come forth. (Amos 3:6 "Shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord has not done it?") There really is no fighting it in the traditional sense. Certainly not at this point. "Do not resist evil". Doesn't mean we don't defend and protect our own to the best of our ability, but the dethroning of this evil won't be done by man, in my opinion. The only way to be "safe" really, at this point is to do your best spiritually and with regard to reason and truth, to make sure nothing in you resembles this evil.

We keep speaking truth. Keep spreading the message. But pretending we know the enemy enough to start shooting is a losing game. The global state is beyond the Nockian threshold, in my opinion.

This British MP may be the victim of a lone wolf, or another virgin thrown in the volcano by the death cult lurking in the shadows. Important point is that we're now acknowldeging we just don't know anymore. And that's a testament to just how far out in the open the operations of the death cult have become.

Good to hear from an oldie.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Import more refugees from countries that you bomb. High chance of mass killing with guns, knives and bombs. Take away more of your rights by banning more guns, take away freedom of speech because you might offend them, more security, more danger..

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

She was in the "Remain" camp, as was stated. I wouldn't put anything past these bastards to drive the narrative and salvage their eurostate dream. Very odd indeed.
    The old Gabby Giffords playbook being recycled across the pond.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The old Gabby Giffords playbook being recycled across the pond.
    I don't think it's a false flag to begin with and btw SHE DIED. I may have disagreed with her but may she rest in peace.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I don't think it's a false flag to begin with and btw SHE DIED. I may have disagreed with her but may she rest in peace.
    Well then, let's just stop the whole country over it.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I see this sentiment expressed quite a lot on RT and twitter over this story. Not picking on you.

Mocking mourners is certainly wrong, but why shame people for not mourning another dead body not at all connected to them?

I'm reminded of the jokers speech about people being fine with death as long as it's "all part of the plan". Syrians decaptitated and blown up daily, no biggy. Another cartel massacre, old news. Chicago killing itself, that's life.

But a cute little mother of two, gets caught in the action, or 50 #loveislove up and comings get a piece of the action and we should all show up in sackcloth and ashes and beat our chests in agony.

If the world should be mourning for anything it should be for how morally corrupt we have all become, a la Nineveh, and not this twitter induced cry-athon crap that passes for compassion.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Europe bans guns... but they have porous borders. If unwelcomed people can travel through countries pretty much unrestricted, firearms and drugs can too. lol

She must have really wanted Britain to stay in the EU to be willing to die for it to happen. Same with the guy that committed the crime. Willing to give their lives for the cause! That's dedication!
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    She must have really wanted Britain to stay in the EU to be willing to die for it to happen. Same with the guy that committed the crime. Willing to give their lives for the cause! That's dedication!
    stabbed and shot

Shared with me by a British comrade: https://www.facebook.com/theguardian...4257090911323/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Post murder Brexit poll has drastic swing back to REMAIN.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-uks...ed-poll-2016-6
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I was thinking the same thing.

If you need a proof polls are used to influence public opinion here it is. Sundays polls published on Monday morning? What a quick turnaround!

RIP Jo Cox. I surely hope your senseless murder was purely the result of a deranged individual with no outside influence.

In other news, markets are loving the new polling showing Remain revival.

Why is it that BOOBUS only feel that supranationalism is the ONLY way to move us forward?

There are OTHER ways to be peaceful among each other than just setting up a mega state. This is asinine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

Anything white, nationalistic, or male is bad in today's world, because they all have negative past connotations. It's terrible what's happening

The EU is a political, monetary, and customs union with some elements of fiscal union. The EU is not a "failure" and has largely succeeded in delivering price, inflation and exchange rate stability. The major problem with the EU is lack of a proper fiscal and transfer union, which hampers the effectiveness of monetary policy conducted within the EU, and increases vulnerability to asymmetric shocks.Luckily, the Lisbon treaty addresses much of this and a framework has been laid down to move towards full fiscal and transfer union. The EU has delivered 70 years of peace to most of Europe, it is probably the single greatest institution in the world at the moment and going forward this kind of supranationalism is the only way our species will leap significantly forward. Don't pull the plug on such a revolutionary idea because everything wasn't right from scratch. Source: economist

RIP Jo Cox. I surely hope your senseless murder was purely the result of a deranged individual with no outside influence.

In other news, markets are loving the new polling showing Remain revival.

The polls are all over the place. Plenty of versions still showing LEAVE as ahead. Polls are mostly junk.

I think LEAVE will "win", in order to provide a reason to revalue the GBP against other currencies. The yuan officially enters the IMF SDR (the next global "currency"/unit of measure after petrodollar is completely abandoned as global reserve within the next year or so) basket in October so currency values are being adjusted in accordance with the necessary re-weighting of currencies (or removal of currencies) that make up the SDR. Most of what we're seeing in global politics and global financial markets these days is about this re-weighting process. The bankers won't just come out and say "hey, time to change things". Instead, reasons like 'BREXIT' are engineered to cover for the changes bankers already decided on. There will be more engineered reasons for other currency values to change in the coming months (ahem, dollar). This is a major step toward the ultimate goal of bringing all SDR basket currencies to parity, thus giving a reason to abandon national currencies all together and declare the SDR as the sole global currency/unit of measure, needing no "basket" anymore. That's still a while off...
    Last edited by devil21; 06-20-2016 at 03:54 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does this affect USD inc..?

Quote Originally Posted by kfarnan View Post
    How does this affect USD inc..?
    It's impossible to predict what will happen. I'd say, not much.
    "I am a bird"

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic