Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deepak Chopra: Trump 'emotionally retarded'

Deepak Chopra: Trump 'emotionally retarded'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/10/politi...ump/index.html

Fri June 10, 2016 By Deena Zaru, CNN

Washington (CNN)Deepak Chopra has stepped out of character to slam presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump as a "racist" who has the "emotional retardation of a three year-old."

"He is unfortunately, and you know I would never say this unless I believe it to be 100% true, but he represents the racist, the bigot, the one who is prejudiced, the one who is full of fear and hatred, the one who represents the emotional retardation of a three-year-old," Chopra said in an interview with Fox News Radio host Alan Colmes Tuesday.
    Trump is "belligerent" and "emotionally retarded," the alternative medicine advocate added.
    Known for his spirituality and leadership in the New Age movement, Chopra said that while it is not like him to make these types of statements, Trump is "bringing out the worst" in him.

"I, too am fearful of what would happen to the U.S. and the rest of the forbid if, God forbid, he became president," Chopra explained.
    In an op-ed published in the Huffington Post Monday, Chopra wrote that Trump has become so popular because he represents America's "shadow" which "compounds all the dark impulses -- hatred, aggression, sadism, selfishness, jealousy, resentment, sexual transgression -- that are hidden out of sight."
    Chopra said that while Trump has brought out the "worst" in him, you "cannot defeat darkness with darkness."
    The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Known for his spirituality and leadership in the New Age movement, Chopra said that while it is not like him to make these types of statements, Trump is "bringing out the worst" in him."

Trump Derangement Syndrome has reached a new level. Now, Trump can be blamed for people's lack of personal responsibility. Steal a candy bar? Trump has brought out the worst in you. Assault a police officer? Trump has brought out the worst in you. Get drunk and wreck your car? Yep, that is Trump's fault, too.

Not required, but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Now, Trump can be blamed for people's lack of personal responsibility. Steal a candy bar? Trump has brought out the worst in you. Assault a police officer? Trump has brought out the worst in you. Get drunk and wreck your car? Yep, that is Trump's fault, too.
    Really? How?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Really? How?
    "Known for his spirituality and leadership in the New Age movement, Chopra said that while it is not like him to make these types of statements, Trump is "bringing out the worst" in him."

Dude makes a negative statement about Trump and says Trump brings out the worst in him.

So, to get out of personal responsibility, do you have to steal the candy bar from the Trump Tower snack bar? Does the cop you assault have to have an orange combover? Do you have to convince the judge Trump got you drunk?

Seems to me the only bad behavior anyone could use this silly $#@! as an excuse for is refusing to bid any suit in a bridge game but 'no trump'.

Send all your money to Deepak, Donald and he'll fix you right up.

Quote Originally Posted by deepak chopra
    hatred, aggression, sadism, selfishness, jealousy, resentment, sexual transgression -- that are hidden out of sight."
    Are you sure you aren't talking about Hillary too? To me there is not that much difference between them to split hairs over.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude makes a negative statement about Trump and says Trump brings out the worst in him.
    Blaming Trump for choosing offensive language to voice his hatred. Sounds like a lack of personal responsibility.

Blaming Trump for choosing offensive language to voice his hatred. Sounds like a lack of personal responsibility.
    Now you're saying that he's guilty of lacking personal responsibility because he's doing what Trump does every day.

Which would mean Trump would have to steal a candy bar, assault a cop, and drunkenly wreck his car before anyone could try to lay those behaviors off on Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Send all your money to Deepak, Donald and he'll fix you right up.
    And he can get you an in with Oprah, too!

Now you're saying that he's guilty of lacking personal responsibility because he's doing what Trump does every day.
    Blaming someone else for choices one makes creates a scenario in which one lacks personal responsibility.

Which would mean Trump would have to steal a candy bar, assault a cop, and drunkenly wreck his car before anyone could try to lay those behaviors off on Trump.
    Hyperbole.

Blaming someone else for choices one makes creates a scenario in which one lacks personal responsibility.
    So, in your world 'I didn't want to kill anyone but he was trying to kill me' is no defense?

Hyperbole.
    Fighting fire with fire. Or rather, fighting hyperbole with hyperbole.

Face it, dude. Getting from 'I don't like to say bad things about people but this guy deserves it' to 'People are going to steal, assault and behave recklessly and blame Trump now' is one hell of a leap. Evel Knievel would be proud.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-12-2016 at 12:12 PM.

So, in your world 'I didn't want to kill anyone but he was trying to kill me' is no defense?
    Comparing a life and death situation where one can easily apply the principles of liberty (self defense) with a situation in which one blames another for insults is not apt.

I now understand why you are justifying his blame shifting and lack of personal responsibility.

Comparing a life and death situation where one can easily apply the principles of liberty (self defense) with a situation in which one blames another for insults is not apt.
    But, of course, comparing theft, assault and reckless endangerment to a situation in which one blames another for insults is apt.

Got it. Don't buy it. But I've got it.

You're quite mistaken if you think your hyperbole is hard to understand.

But, of course, comparing theft, assault and reckless endangerment to a situation in which one blames another for insults is apt.

Got it. Don't buy it. But I've got it.
    I'm not asking you to buy it. People go through life blissfully ignorant of inconsistencies. It's not my job to fix them. I simply posted a hyperbolic comment on another victim of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Face it, dude. Getting from 'I don't like to say bad things about people but this guy deserves it' to 'People are going to steal, assault and behave recklessly and blame Trump now' is one hell of a leap. Evel Knievel would be proud.
    As soon as I saw the title, I knew Deepak was in for it.
    There is no spoon.

Who cares what he has to say...Chopra gave thousands to the campaigns of Clinton and Obama...it was mentally retarded of him to do that.

http://web.archive.org/web/201105140...pak_Chopra.php

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Who cares what he has to say...Chopra gave thousands to the campaigns of Clinton and Obama...it was mentally retarded of him to do that.
    Right, better emotional retardation then mental retardation. Who cares if the president is a sociopath, a sociopath has to be better right??

Oh, well, if we're going to start calling people mentally retarded for giving to $#@!ty politicians, then I guess Chopra is right.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh, well, if we're going to start calling people mentally retarded for giving to $#@!ty politicians, then I guess Chopra is right.

Yes, you got that right.

Mmm smell the freedom.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

This is genius:

http://tinyurl.com/lgme3zu (I had to make a tinyURL out of it because it has the word bullsh*t in it lol)

Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-12-2016 at 06:25 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Droneganstas /war criminals enabler Deepak Chopra is a scam artist of "spirtual industry" and a moran.
    Um, you do realize Moran is the name of a politician and not an English word, right?

Where are you from, anyway? Because you don't seem to be fluent in either English or French.

No doubt you've seen a pic of a guy with a sign containing the word 'morans'. He was using a pun to make fun of Moran's supporters, but most people don't know that, so the pic became a meme people use when they see morons calling their betters stupid.

For the record: Chopra is a moron. Chopra's fans are morons. The whole thing is moronic. Now you know.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-12-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Look at that, all establishment pols. Btw, shouldn't Alan Specter be with the democrats? he finally revealed himself to be a democrat before he died. Trump is the king of donating to the worst types of establishment politicians. How anyone talkless a libertarian could even consider voting for him is beyond me.

Ah! So that's what happened. Seems to be an epidemic.
    "The Patriarch"

LOL!
    There is no spoon.

He also said, on Larry King, that the people of Cuba had their priorities straight (or something like that), unlike Americans. Funny he lives large in SoCal and chooses not to live in a communist country, you know, with the right priorities an'all.

I have to agree with the new age scam artist that Trump is emotionally arrested. Retarded isn't the right word. I'd put him at around nine years old. Wonder what happened at that period of his life.

That said, we have Clinton, a sociopath; Obama, a narcissist and most politicians lying thieves. The thing is, they all present as well spoken, polished and mature. IOW, public personas have little to do with the person inside. Deepak won't ever talk about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast