Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After Speech, Trump Loses Key Texas Hispanic Backer

After Speech, Trump Loses Key Texas Hispanic Backer

After Speech, Trump Loses Key Texas Hispanic Backer

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has lost a key Hispanic supporter in Texas after his speech Wednesday night on immigration.

Houston immigration lawyer Jacob Monty said early Thursday morning that he had decided not only to resign from Trump's National Hispanic Advisory Council but also to stop raising money for the nominee in Texas. Politico first reported Monty was leaving the group, which has five other members from Texas.

Some Hispanic Republicans, including Monty, had hoped Trump would use his speech to outline a more thoughtful approach to the millions of people who are already in the country illegally. Instead, Trump stuck with the hardline views that got him through the primaries, appearing to back little away from his pledge to deport many people who are in the United States unlawfully.

Monty called the speech, which Trump delivered in Phoenix after a whirlwind trip to Mexico earlier in the day, a "complete betrayal to Republican ideals and his [commitments] made." Monty also said the GOP "must reclaim our Party from the [nativist] elements."

Monty had been all in for Trump, telling The Texas Tribune in an interview Monday that he was "unabashedly supporting" Trump because he believed Trump was the only candidate who could fix the immigration system. Monty was in the room earlier this month when Trump convened his Hispanic advisory council in New York, a meeting that left some with the impression he was interested in moderating his immigration beliefs.

Asked early Thursday morning if he would continue to raise money for Trump — as he has done for weeks in Houston — Monty replied: "No way Jose ... it is pouring money down the drain." He suggested he would instead focus on providing financial support for down-ballot races.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monty's resignation.

Trump's candidacy has left Hispanic Republicans in Texas in very different positions. Some, like Monty until Wednesday night, had gotten deeply involved in the campaign in hopes of influencing the nominee on issues like immigration, while others, like veteran ad maker Lionel Sosa, have decided to leave the party altogether this election cycle.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2016/09...spanic-backer/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's not needed. Don't let the door hit ya.

CPU is very concerned that Trump may be offending America's enemies.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    CPU is very concerned that Trump may be offending America's enemies.
    Not really. He's not a serious candidate. I'm just seeing evidence that others are starting to come to this realization.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Houston immigration lawyer Jacob Monty said early Thursday morning that he had decided not only to resign from Trump's National Hispanic Advisory Council but also to stop raising money for the nominee in Texas. Politico first reported Monty was leaving the group, which has five other members from Texas.
    His "National" council had 6 members? Not sure this will be a monumental loss here.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    He's not needed. Don't let the door hit ya.
    Indeed! Immigrants wanting to displace "nativists"? GTFO...
    It seems our American culture is the only one they permit attacks against.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Not really. He's not a serious candidate. I'm just seeing evidence that others are starting to come to this realization.
    It's really quite remarkable that your presence is tolerated here at all.

That idea that Trump is "not a serious candidate" at this point is some of the most obvious, blind propaganda that I have ever seen posted here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're such an obvious "Correct The Record" employee.

Seriously? We're "tolerating" those of you promoting Trump even though it's against forum rules. Are we really going to ban CPUd for low-value, but relevant, posts?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Seriously? We're "tolerating" those of you promoting Trump even though it's against forum rules. Are we really going to ban CPUd for low-value, but relevant, posts?!
    CPU'd is an obvious "Correct The Record" employee.

The fact that all he has done is post 50000 totally irrelevant memes + anything that he can find that is critical of Trump is the dead give-away.

A guy like him does nothing but bring this forum down to shizer-tier.

The fact that all he has done is post 50000 totally irrelevant memes + anything that he can find that is critical of Trump is the dead give-away.

Nah, he's needed to counter all the Trump nonsense. Or would you like a safe space?

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Nah, he's needed to counter all the Trump nonsense.
    The only thing that we need to "counter" Trump is honest people with real opinions who don't work for "Correct The Record".

That idea that Trump is "not a serious candidate" at this point is some of the most obvious, blind propaganda that I have ever seen posted here.
    Have you followed his "campaign"?

Have you followed his "campaign"?
    You mean the historic, astronomical-odds defying one, or the "not a serious candidate" fiction that you are attempting to promote as a Correct The Record employee?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    This post right here screams that you aren't a serious poster on these forums.

Trump is very likely going to the the next president of the United States and you are still trolling nonsense like this.

Please tell us more about how he has hit his ceiling and will be dropping out to hand the election over to Hillary.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump may be offending America's enemies.
    If the American people are America's enemies, then this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If the American people are America's enemies, then this is true.
    It is true that quite a large portion of 'Muricans fail to be real 'Muricans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

Trump is very likely going to the the next president of the United States and you are still trolling nonsense like this.

Please tell us more about how he has hit his ceiling and will be dropping out to hand the election over to Hillary.
    I'm just "telling it like it is." How is he going to win the general election when NC and MO are swing states?

+rep

How about we bet on whose going to be president. Trump wins and I give you $1000 and if Hillary wins you give me $100? With the "very likely" view of Trump winning, you cannot pass up this offer.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-01-2016 at 06:50 PM. Reason: switcheroo on my horses

How can one take a candidate seriously when he says things like he's going to deport 2 million within 1 hour of taking office?

He may as well start wearing a boot on his head.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm just "telling it like it is." How is he going to win the general election when NC and MO are swing states?
    Rednecks are more determined than inner city sponges, and no black folk are running this time. The fact that Hilldicus is an evil white bitch associated with three strikes and the Don is a playa won't help her either.
    You keep up the good work, though.

How can one take a candidate seriously when he says things like he's going to deport 2 million within 1 hour of taking office?

Last edited by fedupinmo; 09-01-2016 at 08:15 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think Trump's biggest mistake is trying to soften his stance while telling himself that he is hardening his stance. This is a recipe for disaster because it confuses your supporter and wouldn't convince the people already turned off by your immigration policy. Had I been one of his advisers, I would have told him to hold his ground on immigration but instead try to appeal to minorities with other policies they would like. Things like better schools, for their children, better policing, cheaper and affordable healthcare, less wars etc etc.

And you might say that he already stands for all those things, but I would tell him to put more emphasis on those policies during his speeches instead of talking about his successes or how some bigwig thinks he is an awesome fella. With the way he won the primaries, he cannot pivot to the center and get away with it and it is a big mistake for him to even attempt doing it.

Then again, I have always said that Trump is not trying and does not want to win the election. He is only in it to damage the republican party and he has been tremendously successful with this task.

If you weren't a Correct The Record employee, then you would consider the very obvious possibility that he simply misspoke.

And somehow Hillary is a serious candidate?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    How about we bet on whose going to be president. Hillary wins and I give you $1000 and if Trump wins you give me $100? With the "very likely" view of Trump winning, you cannot pass up this offer.
    I will bet you, but not that amount. I just am not into gambling but I will put my money where my mouth is.

No odds needed. How about $10 straight up? My money is on Trump.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I will bet you, but not that amount. I just am not into gambling but I will put my money where my mouth is.

No odds needed. How about $10 straight up? My money is on Trump.
    I will take it, maybe loser donates the money to RPF?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast