Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Texas Results Thread

The Official Texas Results Thread

Since I don't see one yet...

Update this with news from the polls that you went to, twitter posts, and results as they come in!

results here:
    http://www.politico.com/2012-electio...012/Primary/TX
    http://enr.sos.state.tx.us/enr/resul..._160_state.htm
    Last edited by jct74; 05-29-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: add links

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Voted early last Thursday, was thanked by about five people for showing up to vote. "It only works if everyone votes!" was yelled from a McCool supporter 100ft from the building. Ehhhhh, I'd rather not everyone vote.

40 minutes until polls close in TEXAS?

Today is an unlucky day- the Queen of Cities herself fell on this day.

It is difficult to see who it will be unlucky for, but it is a bad omen all the same.

If Paul can pull over 25% then it will be a good day. Lets hope young people, Democrats, and Independents come out since that is the only way Paul can pull over 33% and win.

24 minutes until polls close in TEXAS

I am holding my breath for 10%..

I would be disappointed with less than 10%. I'm expecting 15, and dreaming of 20.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    40 minutes until polls close in TEXAS?
    Jep, with the exception of the area around El Paso, which is in Mountain Time, according to Green Papers. I expect the first incoming results nevertheless in 20 minutes now.

Under 10% would be poor, 15% good, over 20% a win.
    Last edited by MarcusI; 05-29-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusI View Post
    Jep, with the exception of the area around El Paso, which is in Mountain Time, according to Green Papers. I expect the first incoming results nevertheless in 20 minutes now.

Under 10% would be poor, 15% good, over 20% a win.
    That low considered a win?

I guess I was foolish for expecting Virginia-like numbers.

I think we will be lucky if we hit 20%
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

The last poll in TX was made from 4/19 to 4/22. Results:

Romney 45%
    Gingrich 35%
    Paul 14%

Older polls: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...mary-1598.html

the big question is what the gingrich supporters will do? (13 min til polls close)

Quote Originally Posted by chris41336 View Post
    That low considered a win?

I guess I was foolish for expecting Virginia-like numbers.
    I think in Virginia most Gingrich and Santorum supporters voted for Paul because they still had hopes that their candidates could win the nomination against Romney. Gingrich and Santorum were not on the ballot, while they are in TX.

I'm curious what results Paul gets in his CD - has anyone a link where I can see the boundaries of the district? Then I would try to update you on the results from the district.

Felt good to vote on principle vs. holding my nose like the sheep say they do, year after year.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

the big question is what the gingrich supporters will do? (13 min til polls close)
    I'm guessing vote for Romney. Every Gingrich person I met here in SC is now magically a Romney person. No balls.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1 View Post
    I'm guessing vote for Romney. Every Gingrich person I met here in SC is now magically a Romney person. No balls.
    Some just like to back a winner no matter what. They are the people that should really not bother voting, they do more harm than good because most of them don't even know much about the issues or what a candidate thinks about the issues.

3 min
    til polls
    close

Sister made it to the polls in time (works far away), last of my family members to go vote. Four votes for Ron here (have four in my fam) along with about 20 of my friends.
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 05-29-2012 at 06:02 PM.

I know of at least one Gingrich supporter who actually voted for Gingrich.

90% will still vote for Newt since they have been in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker75 View Post
    A rare one indeed! I didn't even know that Gingrich had any die-hard supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    A rare one indeed! I didn't even know that Gingrich had any die-hard supporters.
    I'm relatively sure she's not die-hard. I'm really not sure what happened there.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    90% will still vote for Newt since they have been in other states.
    that is the problem. They don't see that it MATTERS who they vote for against Romney. Newt has already endorsed Romney, and he isn't going to have enough states to have his name in nomination at RNC. Ron, unless something goes WRONG between now and RNC, will.

And the relatively hot Senate race will unfortunately draw interest, I suspect.

But we shall see. The vote is one thing, the delegates another, and we can only do the best we can.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I've asked this a few times, but have gotten no answer- will Dr. Paul be able to receive any delegates if he does not get over 20% or is there a Texas Caucus (or another system) latter?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker75 View Post
    Im hearing of Newt winning some votes in Texas. Astounding but nothing surprises me anymore in this election. Unfortunately, Texas is full of warmongers that don't like non-intervention but also don't like the Mormon liberal. Mr. Campaign Debt wins many of their votes.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Ivash View Post
    I've asked this a few times, but have gotten no answer- will Dr. Paul be able to receive any delegates if he does not get over 20% or is there a Texas Caucus (or another system) latter?
    Rules were changed so that this cycle Texas is full proportional, mainly due to the redistricting fiasco I think.
    ATTAINING FREEDOM
    Man must get rid of illusions that enslave and paralyze him; he must become aware of the reality inside and outside of him in order to create a world which needs no illusions. Freedom and independence can be achieved only when the chains of illusion are broken.
    --ERICH FROMM

“In a land of freedom we are held hostage by the tyranny of political correctness” Robert Griffin III

Just got back from working the polls for 12 hours. What a day!!! Hopefully some big wins coming in from Texas locally.

Ron Paul is very popular here and many did vote for him , However there is no way the establishment lets him even coming close to winning. We all know fraud is everywhere.
    If you are in the North Texas area, join our page to get active and fight for Liberty!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/28828...8287801289033/

#LiveFree

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast