Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milo Yiannopoulos resigns from Breitbart amid child sex storm

Milo Yiannopoulos resigns from Breitbart amid child sex storm

From http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/21/medi...all/index.html

"Milo Yiannopoulos finally went too far. The professional provocateur has resigned as an editor at Breitbart News amid a firestorm over unearthed comments in which he seemed to endorse sex between "younger boys and older men." The news was first reported by the New York Times on Tuesday afternoon, minutes before Yiannopoulos was scheduled to give a press conference in Manhattan.

"It would be wrong to allow my poor choice of words to detract from my colleagues' important reporting, so today I am resigning from Breitbart, effectively immediately. This decision is mine alone," Yiannopoulos said in a statement."

Last edited by rpfocus; 02-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure it comes as no shock to anyone here that the MSM are completely misrepresenting what Milo said. Both videos have been online for over a year without a problem until now.

#FakeNews
    I am the spoon.

Los Angeles, CA

Goddamned pedophiles !

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I'm sure it comes as no shock to anyone here that the MSM are completely misrepresenting what Milo said. Both videos have been online for over a year without a problem until now.

#FakeNews
    Dunno, I heard Milo used to eat at comet pizza all the time.

Yeah, I buy that there's some out-of-context nonsense going on. But I'm sure at the time he didn't have any idea that he'd someday be a potential influential member of the political class. For better or worse, 4chan humor isn't going to get anybody a respectable job in the near future.

But I have to say I thought he was tougher than this. He seems to be just caving. And his followers aren't the type of people to back him up, especially after these fairly soft mea culpas. They'll just go on to the next thing.

I picture Axl Rose-style where-are-they-now sidebars in his future.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
    Goddamned pedophiles !
    I like a little bit of pedophiles with my hot dog

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Yeah, I buy that there's some out-of-context nonsense going on. But I'm sure at the time he didn't have any idea that he'd someday be a potential influential member of the political class. For better or worse, 4chan humor isn't going to get anybody a respectable job in the near future.

But I have to say I thought he was tougher than this. He seems to be just caving. And his followers aren't the type of people to back him up, especially after these fairly soft mea culpas. They'll just go on to the next thing.

I picture Axl Rose-style where-are-they-now sidebars in his future.
    I'm seeing libertarians-gone-altright on facebook who attacked several libertarians of varying popularity (including Ian Freeman) for putting out ideas about age of consent, calling them 'degenerate,' 'filth,' etc, defending Milo on the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I. Don't. Care. He really receives too much mention on these forums.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    I'm seeing libertarians-gone-altright on facebook who attacked several libertarians of varying popularity (including Ian Freeman) for putting out ideas about age of consent, calling them 'degenerate,' 'filth,' etc, defending Milo on the same issue.
    Milo said 18 years old is about right for age of consent, although it is 16 in Britain and he probably has no issue with that either.

The media is trying to make it look like he was endorsing older adult males having sex wtih 13 year old boys, and that was not the case.

Milo understands that it is a difficult, complicated topic and there are no clear cut guidelines or answers, but there is also some egregious cases that are clearly wrong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I. Don't. Care. He really receives too much mention on these forums.
    No he doesn't. Milo was doing a fantastic job touring campuses, teaching people on both the left and right about the lies of these new waves of feminism and leftism that are destroying society. That is one of the most important things, if not THE most important thing that needs to happen right now in order to save our society, and there was NOBODY better suited to do it.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-21-2017 at 05:26 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    The age of consent and what constitutes pedophilia are two completely distinct concepts.

There are very few places where the age of consent is 14, but being sexually attracted to a 14 year old is objectively not pedophilia.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No he doesn't. Milo was doing a fantastic job touring campuses, teaching people on both the left and right about the lies of these new waves of feminism and leftism that are destroying society. That is one of the most important things, if not THE most important thing that needs to happen right now in order to save our society, and there was NOBODY better suited to do it.
    I'll take your word for it. I watched quite a few media appearances through Youtube and he only seemed to come up solid about half the time. I thought the Bill Maher appearance was pretty good, but he really wasn't ready to back up the claim of disproportionate transgender sex crimes. It seems like he has just gotten to the point that he thinks as long as what he says is provocative, that's enough.

I agree that calling out PC is valuable. And there's nothing wrong with being flawed and making a mistake. He just should never have tried to buddy up to actual politicians after his past schtick. That gets you fruit ninja'd.

The PewDiePie thing is identical. Those two both lost a lot of money and clout this week, not because they did something bad in the past, but because their delusions of grandeur fooled them into thinking they could join the establishment and bankroll accordingly.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

If that is the truth then we are well and truly $#@!ed.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    The PewDiePie thing is identical. Those two both lost a lot of money and clout this week, not because they did something bad in the past, but because their delusions of grandeur fooled them into thinking they could join the establishment and bankroll accordingly.
    That is absolutely true, the establishment entertainment media HATES pewdiepie, some random guy on the internet getting more views than all the mainstream news networks combined lol.. and all he does is play video games and talk about random stuff.. They set him up and were just waiting to pull the rug out from under him, I'm sure..

Milo was a rising star in the political world as well, and definitely an enemy of the leftist establishment.

Well, we are, but I'm still not a fan of the dangerous fagg ot.
    "The Patriarch"

So much this ^
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know what the author is trying to say, but "child sex storm" is not a good phrase.

Also, I'm amazed that he resigned... or, rather, that Breitbart is apparently not willing to back him. Are they trying to go more mainstream or... what? Even before his apology/correction, I didn't think this was that big of a deal. Yeah, sure, CPAC uninvites him, that makes sense - they have to appear to all flavors of conservative including some who hated him to start with, and it gave them a good excuse to kick him out. Maybe some of the more religious / anti-gay groups threatened to boycott or whatever. But Breitbart? I'm not understanding why they would dump him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I know what the author is trying to say, but "child sex storm" is not a good phrase.

Also, I'm amazed that he resigned... or, rather, that Breitbart is apparently not willing to back him. Are they trying to go more mainstream or... what? Even before his apology/correction, I didn't think this was that big of a deal. Yeah, sure, CPAC uninvites him, that makes sense - they have to appear to all flavors of conservative including some who hated him to start with, and it gave them a good excuse to kick him out. Maybe some of the more religious / anti-gay groups threatened to boycott or whatever. But Breitbart? I'm not understanding why they would dump him.
    Well Milo said it was his decision only, and that he wished in resigning to protect the work done by other Breitbart contributors.
    However, I am from this other planet where I assume the things people write and say are indicators of what they want to communicate. I recognize virtually nobody else on Earth thinks that way, though.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Feminism teaches girls that waiting until they are in their 30s to get married, if at all, and $#@!ing around in the bedroom in their 20s and focusing on their career is liberating - Milo tells girls the truth, this will likely lead to unhappiness, and that they should get married to a good stable man and have kids when they are young and attractive -- What is sooo horrible about that?? Reminding leftists that the data doesn't support the notion that women get paid less than men for equal work is bad? Telling women that they should eat healthy and try to look relatively attractive so they can find a good husband rather than listening to feminism which teaches them that it is ok to be fat and unhealthy and some how this will make them happy?? Damn lies.

C'mon man, you know these are huge problems, Milo was the only one in the room who was able to address them because when it comes from a typical conservative it is completely shunned and ignored.. when it comes from Milo at least some of them show up and listen.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-21-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Well Milo said it was his decision only...
    I don't believe that. I believe that he was not forced to resign, but the fact that he had the impression that the controversy could harm Breitbart or other writers on that site... I don't think that's coming from Milo.

To me, learning that a writer on Breitbart maybe said some arguably questionable things - and clarified them later - does not create a major issue. It's a media outlet that was born in fringe views and thrives on controversy to this day. They hired Milo to be controversial. That's essentially his job description... plus being their token gay. Because I do not think that this "controversy" would affect Breitbart right now, it leads me to believe that the actual conflict is with future plans for Breitbart, and therefore pressure was put on Milo by company leadership. Someone sees an opportunity for Breitbart to grow to a much larger media share, and apparently doesn't want to take even the slightest risk of offending any potential customer/viewer.
    Last edited by TheCount; 02-21-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Los Angeles, CA

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I like a little bit of pedophiles with my hot dog
    Castrate them all.

you can tell the above was 'clipped' at the end...

this is the presser off Milo channel

I would start at about 21:00 to see what was clipped.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 02-21-2017 at 07:56 PM.

The videos that contain the remarks Milo made. Didn't feel like searching for videos without editorializing in the titles; I'll editorialize myself a bit and say Milo is describing pederasty rather than pedophilia:

Last edited by Feeding the Abscess; 02-21-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

#FakeNews
    Saw a segment about this on CNN with Erin Burnett today. They have no shame. The mainstream media is dedicated to only one thing, damaging and destroying Trump and essentially anyone but the globalist left.

They played the most controversial audio from Milo, which he had disavowed, then tried to pin that and everything else ever said by Milo on the American Conservative Union and CPAC. They concluded by connecting Milo to Breitbart to Brannon, with an innuendo-filled statement that Brannon now runs the Whitehouse. The impartial media.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feminism teaches girls that waiting until they are in their 30s to get married, if at all, and $#@!ing around in the bedroom in their 20s and focusing on their career is liberating - Milo tells girls the truth, this will likely lead to unhappiness, and that they should get married to a good stable man and have kids when they are young and attractive -- What is sooo horrible about that?? ...
    Interesting. I have never listened to Milo, so I know very little of what he has said. Exposing the lie told to two generations of Americans is worthwhile. Attractive or not, telling everyone, especially women, to wait until they are in their 30s to think about marriage and children served the same purpose as birth-control and abortion. They wanted less people.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What he said is not a problem for you?

Its extremely pathetic that child abuse victims in this country can't speak openly and honestly about their experiences and opinions.

Shame on anybody for thinking this is making any progress at all.

Political hit job is obvious. Evan McMullin is part of it, look it up.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What he said is not a problem for you?
    Well I can understand how people who might be against promiscuity might have a problem with what he said, the real issue is that the media is lying and saying that he thinks pedophilia is ok.. He clarified that when he meant younger boys, we are talking mid to late teens or older, and he thinks that the age of consent in most places, 16 or 18, is about right. But even then, it's still a complicated issue.. 15 and 20 vs. 15 and 40 is clearly not the same thing.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-21-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Its extremely pathetic that child abuse victims in this country can't speak openly and honestly about their experiences and opinions.
    Ya it's sorta interesting, Milo is not into younger boys, he is into older men. I have a gay friend who is into older men (he is now 50 and still dates older men..) and he has told me the same thing.. when he was 14 or 15, he was the sexual predator, out trying to get older men.. That is exactly what Milo said on the Rogan podcast.

It was certainly controversial but no more than the other topics he talks about. It's so weird because that podcast seems like such a long time ago. I remember listening to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast