Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul Joseph Watson won't be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    You guys are looking at the stuff being censored, right? Ron Paul himself is on the chopping block. Im not saying that Ron Paul deserves to make money from the videos that conflict with advertiser interests. But when you look at what is being said, I dont think most of us here disagree with what Ron Paul has to say. I dont think what he says is controversial at all, rather Common Sense. And THAT is what is being put on the chopping block. So, lets say Google and Ron Paul do not agree. Where else is Ron Paul gonna go that will communicate his message? And perhaps youre right, perhaps it is more so Rights of a Person vs Rights of a Corporation.
    we have the freedom to consume other products though besides youtube, they don't have a monopoly, they just up and until now did not seem to do this, and if another company came along that couldn't censor because that's how they designed their service then they should get the demand. That's the only way youtube is going to listen, is if their wallets get hurt. They are a business and making them a utility would do the opposite of what we want. We want youtube to have an incentive to not censor, because it hurts their bottom line, because if we don't it will always help their bottom line.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, lets say Google and Ron Paul do not agree. Where else is Ron Paul gonna go that will communicate his message?
    we make a meme called duckduckgo ron paul and put it on our bumpers, I know i figured out who Ron Paul was through the google ron paul meme but that doesn't mean that they are the only king on the block. If they start to censor the internet, then we need to talk about it and we need to come up with and use alternatives.

Lets try to get to the root of the problem here. What we are ending up with appears to be a Conflict of Rights. And not trying to pick a side, but either way, it appears to me to be a lose / lose situation.

Situation #1 - Free Speech wins. Problem here as is pointed out, is end of Property Rights. A person can say what ever they want, but when things are said that are in disagreement of the property owner, the property owners Rights are violated, but Free Speech is not. If Free Speech wins, then Private Property Rights lose.

Situation #2 - Property Rights wins. Problem here is the opposite, but there still exists a problem. A person has legitimate jurisdiction over who they allow to come on to their property as well as authority over behavior of people while they are on their property. Trouble here is that even if what is being said is factual and legitimate, those people do not have a Right to Free Speech while on that persons property. This also makes sense as people have equal rights, which means one persons rights end where another persons rights begins. If Private Property Rights win, then Free Speech loses.

I think this is the source of the conflict. Personally, what I would like to do is to find a reasonable balance between the two. And lets be real here. We arent talking about one persons home. What we are talking about is trying to have a discussion where the topics being discussed are controversial and are being censored by a new form of MSM, where only supporting arguments for elimination of ALL Rights of others are being systematically eliminated. They dont fight us, they get us to fight amongst ourselves. When that happens, they clamour for new regulations to be enforced and will benefit by being the enforcers. We absolutely need both Private Property Rights as well as Free Speech Rights, and as we continue to debate which one should win, they BOTH lose. Eventually, as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon, and others continue to completely take over the entire internet, we will have NO place to speak freely and our own Private Property Rights will be subject to their approval, and when in conflict, taken away from us both.
    This is a misunderstanding; rights can never be in conflict. In situation #2, no rights are being lost.

Our modern language abuses the word "right." A right (as used by Blackstone, Lock, the DoI, Constitution etc.) is not "that which is allowed," but is instead simply right (i.e. righteous or just); it is the opposite of a wrong. By definition, any supposed right to do a wrong is a non-thing just as the happiness of sad is a non-thing. The right to freedom of speech exists because deciding what to say is not wrong, and it cannot be abridged because it is wrong to dictate someone's speech. If it is wrong to be on someone else's property against their will, then no right to be there in the first place can exist. You still retain the right to decide what you say, but you might have to say it elsewhere.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

You guys are looking at the stuff being censored, right?
    That's not possible. Either we can look at it, or it was censored.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It's not about property rights versus free speech. You don't have a right to someone else's money in a business transaction that they don't consent to. I can't buy your property if you don't want to sell it to me. Youtube is trying to be a video provider now, they are trying to use all of their credibility and fame to become a premium video service. This is like netflix sueing comcast for not letting them put a netflix channel on their channel lineup.
    Yeah, it kind of is about Property Rights vs Free Speech. What I am gathering is that I dont have the right to say anything I want in your house, as well as I shouldnt if it is your house.

---

In general, why not take this all the way? Since I have to use internet from Cox / Charter / Frontier / Verizon, wouldnt they also have authority to censor me also? Why not throw in the power company? How dare I use their electricity to transmit an electronic message to any website or text or blog or vid post or whatever that is in contradiction to their restricted speech policy? How about the water company too since Im drinking their water while saying things that tries to challenge the idea that corporations do not have HUMAN rights? When does this stop? Since everything we do any more is pretty much based on big corporations having control to everything, why not just say $#@! it and give away all of everyones rights to the corporations, and make sure that people do not have rights any more since they apparently do not deserve them?

We've exchanged our Rights for Permissions, and now most people here are okay with those Permissions being revoked by a Corporation. You dont get an Appeal with a Corporation. You dont get Rights with a Corporation. You dont get Representation in a Corporation. Corporations buy out the govt so the law is useless against the Corporations. Only the RICH who own those Corporations will have TRUE Freedom of Speech. Freedom itself is dying, replaced and subverted by contract law, and there are so many around that are giving thunderous applause. This is how Fascism comes to power. Position us against ourselves.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Yeah, it kind of is about Property Rights vs Free Speech. What I am gathering is that I dont have the right to say anything I want in your house, as well as I shouldnt if it is your house.
    In general, why not take this all the way? Since I have to use internet from Cox / Charter / Frontier / Verizon, wouldnt they also have authority to censor me also? Why not throw in the power company? How dare I use their electricity to transmit an electronic message to any website or text or blog or vid post or whatever that is in contradiction to their restricted speech policy? How about the water company too since Im drinking their water while saying things that tries to challenge the idea that corporations do not have HUMAN rights? When does this stop?
    When we stop making them utilities you just proved my point when I said we shouldn't make youtube a utility. The government has made all of those utilities and we don't have any options.

The interwebs are ripe for a YouTube substitute. Maybe something that DOESN'T censor...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

When we stop making them utilities you just proved my point when I said we shouldn't make youtube a utility. The government has made all of those utilities and we don't have any options.
    That is really the scariest bit. When we communicate in ANY way that isnt directly speaking with each other in person, we sadly are dependent on either big corporations who own almost everything between us, or on govt to be involved (which I do not want) by turning companies into "public utilities". Really, the last thing I want is anyone in govt coming along and saying that since a corporation / public utility is involved, an individual either must / can not use something like water to grow free range chickens or hormone free cattle or unpasteurized dairy.

And if you havent noticed, I am again partly trying to play devils advocate here...
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

*bump*

For the record, Google is making itself the Ministry of Truth (1984) and too many are just fine with it because "its legal".
    1776 > 1984

Well, currently they are not public utilities, yet act as if they are, but without the legal ramifications.

YouTube and Google and Amazon are digital relatives to their physical big-box public counterparts; thus, are wholly accountable to the protected rights of the public.

I am not up to speed on all this YouTube monetary policy hogwash, but as I understand it, YouTube is no longer monetizing videos that are politically based, because those sponsoring their ads don't want to be associated with that subject matter, and that this applied to all political ideologies not just conservative or libertarian. Which if this is the case, should all be perfectly legal. However, if they are in fact discriminating against certain users because of their political views, while purposefully excluding others, such tact is actionable.

One's private residence and Starbucks or YouTube or Amazon is an apples and oranges comparison, e.g., You can refuse my entry into your home while I am wearing a Ron Paul shirt and that is fine because you have not duty to act on the matter; however, Starbucks refusing to serve me and others every time we enter the store wearing Ron Paul shirts and they expose themselves to a very winnable (class action) lawsuit.

Who exactly do you think is funding Websites such as Google and YouTube (the daily bandwidth and drive space required by these sides alone, Google could power a small city all on its own, the global coordination and costs associated with Google Maps, Earth and Street View; Google Encryption; Google Captcha; Google Translator; Google Web Developer Tools; Google Books; Google Search and facial imagery scanning; etc.)? How do social (datamining) Websites such as Facebook and Intragram, et al, gain such rapid global popularity?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The Alex Jones show used to be interesting when he spent equal time bashing corrupt liberal and conservative politicians. But now that he's become a Trump cheerleader? Infowars really has just become another arm of the National Inquirer. Spending time speculating on whether or not Michelle Obama is a Tranny? Really?
    Yea, this Trump worship is far past being stale now. Also, I am not too into supporting Infowars knowing that 50% of that support is going into the pockets of his crazy ex-wife, and combined with the rumors that he had an affair with one of his staff. Add to that all the people that keep leaving or getting fired or are never on anymore (e.g., Health Ranger, Bermas, (Dr. Group?), and many, many others), the Nightly News has been pulled as of last week, David Knight is just doing a solo radio show now that is not even accessible on Infowars.

Also, getting pretty sick of all the health product advertising, like every five minutes (even from his guests), all the talk about the weight he has lost--seriously, he looks exactly the same as he always has. And in that one commercial he did recently, he dumped a bowl of cherries (with the pits still inside) into a blender even!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Who exactly do you think is funding Websites such as Google and YouTube ?
    I fundamentally disagree with you that they are a utility or treated as a utility currently. Ads fund Google and YouTube, we are not the customers we are the product, all of those google services aren't free they are monetized through ad revenue. Youtube therefore makes more money by selling more ads. I see no reason why youtube can't pick and choose who they pay to make content for their website that brings in ad revenue. If you don't like it don't give them your content.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickens View Post
    Do you understand why he is so popular? I watched several of his videos and it remains a puzzle for me.
    I do enjoy his rants on modern architecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GapUEKYLE1o
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Yea, this Trump worship is far past being stale now. Also, I am not too into supporting Infowars knowing that 50% of that support is going into the pockets of his crazy ex-wife, and combined with the rumors that he had an affair with one of his staff. Add to that all the people that keep leaving or getting fired or are never on anymore (e.g., Health Ranger, Bermas, (Dr. Group?), and many, many others), the Nightly News has been pulled as of last week, David Knight is just doing a solo radio show now that is not even accessible on Infowars.

Also, getting pretty sick of all the health product advertising, like every five minutes (even from his guests), all the talk about the weight he has lost--seriously, he looks exactly the same as he always has. And in that one commercial he did recently, he dumped a bowl of cherries (with the pits still inside) into a blender even!
    Wow...

"Deep state propaganda I read on CNN....blah blah blah.... I don't like good products that make me healthy, blah blah blah..."
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The Alex Jones show used to be interesting when he spent equal time bashing corrupt liberal and conservative politicians. But now that he's become a Trump cheerleader? Infowars really has just become another arm of the National Inquirer. Spending time speculating on whether or not Michelle Obama is a Tranny? Really?
    Yeah he's just a butt kisser now.
    As for the PJWs whining that "Google is a monopoly" (and by extension YouTube)...well...why are you still feeding the monopoly when you can put your videos on DailyMotion? Serious question. Yeah, ya got to be on YouTube to build an audience. But then you can use YouTube to tell your audience "Hey! All of my good stuff is on DailyMotion and there I can actually get paid!" You can even provide a link.

Seriously, whats the point of all of these rants about "YouTube censorship" if nobody is willing to put forward a non government solution to fixing the problem? Or does PJW actually want a government solution?
    Nah, he doesn't want any kind of solution. He just wants more youtube subscribers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I fundamentally disagree with you that they are a utility or treated as a utility currently. Ads fund Google and YouTube, we are not the customers we are the product, all of those google services aren't free they are monetized through ad revenue. Youtube therefore makes more money by selling more ads. I see no reason why youtube can't pick and choose who they pay to make content for their website that brings in ad revenue. If you don't like it don't give them your content.
    1. Because they are discriminating among their users who are agreeable on the same contract, while potentially profiting from the activities of those users.

2. There is no way in the world that they are paying for all of their associated costs from mere ad revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wow...

"Deep state propaganda I read on CNN....blah blah blah.... I don't like good products that make me healthy, blah blah blah..."
    Eh, he is just relabeling products that I can get at www.vitacost.com on the cheap or from a monthly Sprouts sale. But really he is advertising those things to death, I feel like I am being brainwashed while listening to the show.

And for the record I tried many of them for between 60 and 90-days and did not really notice much of anything--so far as increased energy or mental alertness is concerned--I was only slightly less tired than I normally am at work, and had a few less headaches during that time, but it was not worth the continued high costs involved to continue taking them. I had tried Brain Force Plus, DNA Force, Secret 12, Super Male Vitality, and a few others (my wife tried Super Female for two-months and did not notice anything notable.)

Oh wow, Steve Pieczenik totally went off on AJ during Monday's show.

Eh, he is just relabeling products that I can get at www.vitacost.com on the cheap or from a monthly Sprouts sale. But really he is advertising those things to death, I feel like I am being brainwashed while listening to the show.

And for the record I tried many of them for between 60 and 90-days and did not really notice much of anything--so far as increased energy or mental alertness is concerned--I was only slightly less tired than I normally am at work, and had a few less headaches during that time, but it was not worth the continued high costs involved to continue taking them. I had tried Brain Force Plus, DNA Force, Secret 12, Super Male Vitality, and a few others (my wife tried Super Female for two-months and did not notice anything notable.)
    That's maybe because you only have the claims of the manufacturer to go by. These things are usually just standard vitamins mixed in some combination they claim helps some condition. If you really want to use them take a combination of vitamins that mimick their formulation. It's likely all BS anyway.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123