Thread: Campuses too obsessed with diversity, victimization?

Campuses too obsessed with diversity, victimization?

Published on Feb 10, 2017
    Author explores how diversity, victimization and identity politics is creating hostile and fearful atmosphere on today's colleges in 'No Campus for White Men: The Transformation of Higher Education into Hateful Indoctrination' #Tucker

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see a great and lucrative niche market to be milked with the establishment of White Mail University. Professional schools only - engineering, architecture, medicine, hard sciences, law - languages, and philosophy. Not a place for those seeking fake degrees in one of the phag areas of study. For those, go to Harvard or one of the other third-string institutions that befoul the beautiful American countryside.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I see a great and lucrative niche market to be milked with the establishment of White Mail University. Professional schools only - engineering, architecture, medicine, hard sciences, law - languages, and philosophy. Not a place for those seeking fake degrees in one of the phag areas of study. For those, go to Harvard or one of the other third-string institutions that befoul the beautiful American countryside.
    Good luck hiring reputable professors.

There are a couple I could imagine going for that, like perhaps Jordan Peterson under the right conditions, but it seems unlikely that the conditions would be favorable to any professor being willing to risk their livelihood over joining your school and thus sacrificing their image and funding.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Schools are obsessed with everything except actually teaching their students.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Schools are obsessed with everything except actually teaching their students.
    Knowledge is hard to measure. It is easier to pursue secondary metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Good luck hiring reputable professors.

There are a couple I could imagine going for that, like perhaps Jordan Peterson under the right conditions, but it seems unlikely that the conditions would be favorable to any professor being willing to risk their livelihood over joining your school and thus sacrificing their image and funding.
    I have little doubt that finding proper faculty would not be all that difficult. Given the sorry state of the universities, I would bet money I do not have that there are plenty of professors who'd jump ship for an opportunity to teach in a proper environment that concerns itself with academics in preference to babysitting.

So far as I can see, this would be a teaching institution more than one of research. Therefore, for most the concerns with funding would become a non-issue... or so I theorize. Who can say for certain?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Nah, they're all Russia experts so they must be obsessed with foreign affairs

I have little doubt that finding proper faculty would not be all that difficult. Given the sorry state of the universities, I would bet money I do not have that there are plenty of professors who'd jump ship for an opportunity to teach in a proper environment that concerns itself with academics in preference to babysitting.

So far as I can see, this would be a teaching institution more than one of research. Therefore, for most the concerns with funding would become a non-issue... or so I theorize. Who can say for certain?
    Nobody, I guess, but what makes you think funding would become a "non-issue"? Every real academic is in that field because they have published research and wish to continue to do so, lest the sciences be dominated by their left-wing ilk. Can we really just teach our cares away, or does publishing and research still remain important? After all, losing the ability to make waves in the sciences by continuing research is no small deal, and any institution that did not put out research would become less relevant because of the fact that there is nothing tangible to show for the students' education. Part of an education, after all, is doing research that's relevant in the student's field, you know, in real life. If you take that away and just make it like a high school where students go to absorb knowledge and trust-us-we-graded-them-they-know-their-stuff, then you're taking away part of the core of what it means to be in university.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody, I guess, but what makes you think funding would become a "non-issue"? Every real academic is in that field because they have published research and wish to continue to do so, lest the sciences be dominated by their left-wing ilk. Can we really just teach our cares away, or does publishing and research still remain important? After all, losing the ability to make waves in the sciences by continuing research is no small deal, and any institution that did not put out research would become less relevant because of the fact that there is nothing tangible to show for the students' education. Part of an education, after all, is doing research that's relevant in the student's field, you know, in real life. If you take that away and just make it like a high school where students go to absorb knowledge and trust-us-we-graded-them-they-know-their-stuff, then you're taking away part of the core of what it means to be in university.
    Valid questions, but I was only posing a hypothetical, with a dash of sarcasm no less. We're not that far from losing the house - how on earth would I ever found a university?

Valid questions, but I was only posing a hypothetical, with a dash of sarcasm no less. We're not that far from losing the house - how on earth would I ever found a university?
    I understand. Just brain-storming. I didn't know you were in what seems to be, the way you describe it, dire straits. Hope everything works out.

I understand. Just brain-storming. I didn't know you were in what seems to be, the way you describe it, dire straits. Hope everything works out.
    Thanks. My only avenue at this point are my triggers, but with Bibi as ill as she's been, I've not looked at them in at least two weeks and at times it feels as if I will never have them ready for physical prototypes. That last 2% can be a real bitch.