Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If what's happening in Portland happened in 2013

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    All these countless predictions about how the Patriot Act/indefinite detentions part of NDAA would be used against us, and then it is, and because it is orange man being a tyrant, it's apparently okay? I don't know. This should be time to join with everyone else who is horrified by what these two things have allowed for.

This is not only Trump but Trump is the one actually dictatorial enough to use the oppressive powers they were given and not just keep them in their back pocket.

The bright side is this:
    People hate Trump. This could be a movement against these things that we have hated so long because so many people don't want someone like Trump to have those kind of powers.

Let's take advantage of people's hate of Trump to actually get them to care about liberty issues. How about it?
    Am I reading this right? You are thinking that you could get Marxists to care about liberty issues? You can't possibly be thinking that Marxists would make good allies in the quest to increase liberty.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Am I reading this right? You are thinking that you could get Marxists to care about liberty issues? You can't possibly be thinking that Marxists would make good allies in the quest to increase liberty.
    Trump is a much better liberty ally but he's not interested in him.

Leftarians have always had a secret crush on the far left and are always looking for any excuse to get into bed with them no matter how much damage it does to liberty.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. If these protests we're about liberty, ending police brutality, etc. BLM would have worked with Copblock, etc. But, No! They teamed with Antifa, told us to shut up, and ignored those issues and promoted commie nonsense while committing crimes.

NCLiberty is exactly correct in calling out The Count.

Oh, they're getting spooked by some feds shoving them into vans?

Its kind of like how Atheists cynically try to guilt Christians over not living up their Marxist interpretation of Jesus Christ, I do not take seriously the crocodile tears of violent insurrectionists over their deprivation of "constitutional rights" whatever they think those are here. What part of the constitution or libertarian principles allows looting, arson, destruction of private property amounting in the billions, the armed occupation of interstates/neighborhoods/cities, the assault/rape/murder of innocent people, and all the other wonders of Maoist Cultural Revolution? The entire reason the state exists is to protect us from people like this, I do not care about their false equivalencies and veiled threats of retribution about "when the shoe is on the other foot". These same people have been calling liberty minded people terrorists for decades and now they expect them to rush to their defense? The tyranny of "Karens" wanting to get haircuts, to send their kids to school, to return to work, to not be forced fed mandatory vaccines & masking is "domestic terrorist" in their minds but these Antifa/BLM freaks are "peaceful protesters" being unfairly oppressed by the state? Give me a $#@!ing break. I'm tired of their Brownshirt-like attempts at intimidation, I'm tired of them always playing the victim, I'm tired of the constant gaslighting, I'm tired of them. As far as I'm concerned they can go to hell, in the progressive communist utopia they wish to force upon us protesters would be lined up against a wall and shot for far less.

Furthermore, rioters who claimed they "didn't do anything" need to understand that it doesn't matter if they didn't personally shine the laser or throw the Moltov cocktail because the entire purpose of them being there is to give cover to the ones that are. That's black bloc tactics 101 and the people organizing these people aren't likely they ones getting their hands dirty, that's for expendable foot soldiers but they are just as guilty if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How many threads would there be about it?
    Have you ever been to portland ?

He's right. Just because it's coming from a leftist doesn't make it wrong.
    Why aren't Oregonians more outraged that their Democrat representatives voted for the NDAA? Then act surprised when they show up on your doorstep? and rail at Libertarians for not being outraged?

His point about Federal Law Enforcement isn't wrong, he needs to place the blame where it belongs.

They piss in the wind and tell me its raining on them. Come to think of it, maybe that's why it rains so much there.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 07-19-2020 at 10:05 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

You are not showing enough outrage in the 15 minutes of hate, comrade.
    Sorry Comrade, room 101 again?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Why aren't Oregonians more outraged that their Democrat representatives voted for the NDAA? Then act surprised when they show up on your doorstep? and rail at Libertarians for not being outraged?

His point about Federal troops isn't wrong, he needs to place the blame where it belongs.

They piss in the wind and tell me its raining on them. Come to think of it, maybe that's why it rains so much there.
    It's not federal troops, it's federal law enforcement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Decent article here: https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4...it_nosession=1

Protesters have been going for 50 straight days & involves Federal buildings & Courthouse. I see a blurry line between Feds taking back their property & individual right to protest . I’m sure some of the protest are just criminals

From picture of article I posted their is graffiti in Federal Courthouse & I wonder if this building has been closed because of protests

Interesting sh*t show

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When the US was a free country, you might have thought that
    everyone loved freedom, peace, and a balanced budget.

Now that the USA is a police state, Americans can easily
    see who are the slaves and patriots.

Anyone who obeys the law is a traitor and anyone who resists is a rebel.

https://frchan.bet/wp/

Quote Originally Posted by freedomlady View Post
    When the US was a free country, you might have thought that
    everyone loved freedom, peace, and a balanced budget.

see who are the slaves and patriots.

Anyone who obeys the law is a traitor and anyone who resists is a rebel.

https://frchan.bet/wp/

Sounds to me that you are a antifa on her not surprising.

No America isnt a police state antifa bot. What good or justice does by destorying or taking over federal courthouse and police union do for Floyd? or abolishing the police do you prefer crime rate to go up?

You know that you live in the
    Twilight Zone when the US is a
    bankrupt warmongering police state
    and Americans look you in the eye and
    say that the USA is a peaceful and
    free country with a balanced budget.

I've never heard anyone not named clinton claim a current balanced budget although Ike did it a couple times .

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It's not federal troops, it's federal law enforcement.
    Sry, thanks for the correction. I will edit.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    What is happening in Portland exactly?
    Exactly. Not everyone is up on the latest details of riots in every city. But it’s your fault that you are not outraged!

Why the hatred against libertarians? I don't see any jumping for joy over this.
    Any reason is good enough to hate on libertarians.

Why aren’t libertarians outraged over xyz? It’s not about the subject xyz, it’s simply an attack on libertarians.

“Libertarians should be freaking out over San Gabriel! Don't they believe in property rights and freedom of religion!”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So the theme of the thread seems to be are you against the NDAA or are you "for" the BLM Protesters, so I'll just chime in.

I think it could be a strategically wise decision to demagogue the NDAA issue over this thing in Portland, even if you hate the BLM movement, which I do. BLM is not our friend, but I don't think Trump is our friend either nor are the republicans.

Trolling both sides into fighting more by using this NDAA thing as a tool might be a good way to keep them both fighting, and hopefully the government collapses sooner rather than later so we can get on with our lives.

Not that libertarians and their 5% minority stake in this country have much impact, but every bit counts.

Actually,, If ANAFTA had been cleaned out of Portland 2 years ago there would be no problem there today..

My wife's little sister lives in Portland,,, so I am aware..

She welcomes the Fed Crew. (sadly) but Portland police have refused to stop them(nihilist Punks), and have aided them often.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

These hypocrites FAILED to ‘freak out’ when they helped PASS NDAA

It certainly IS wrong because the people crying over it now are back-stabbers, liars and hypocrites!

PROOF: Brian “Libertarians should be freaking out” Schatz voted to pass NDDA while Obama was in office!

Why didn’t all you phonys/marxists/commies take advantage of peoples’ disgust with Obama and join the libertarian outrage BEFORE NDDA was passed - which legalized the situation you’re all fake-crying over now?! It's not as if we had no warning!

Perhaps,
    “…because it is WAS orange BLACK man being a tyrant, it's WAS apparently okay? I don't know. This should be WAS the time to join with everyone else who is WAS horrified by what these two things have allowed for.”
    NOW it’s libertarians' fault?!

You back-stabbing liars don't deserve the time of day from libertarians!

https://www.schatz.senate.gov/press-...-passes-senate
    National Defense Authorization Bill Passes Senate
    Senator Schatz Amendment Supporting Military Families Included in NDAA

June 19, 2015 - Friday

Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Brian Schatz (D-Hawai‘i) today voted for the 2016 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).* The NDAA will authorize provisions important to Hawai‘i’s economy and military community, and strengthens our national defense.* The bill passed by a 71-25 vote with large bipartisan support.

“The defense authorization bill includes many provisions that strengthen our national defense, reinforce the need to rebalance to the Asia Pacific—through which Hawai‘i is central—and provide our service members with the equipment and training they need to protect America,” said Senator Schatz...

Last edited by Valli6; 07-19-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Nobody said anything about marxists until the red team cheerleaders showed up with their pom poms and their megaphones.
    Last edited by TheCount; 07-19-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Nobody said anything about marxists until the red team cheerleaders showed up with their pom poms and their megaphones.
    Huh?

Are you denying that BLM and AntiFa are Marxist revolutionary groups?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

The AntiFa bot.

Let me rephrase that one for you.

You know that you live in a Twilight Zone when the American bankrupt media is calling rioters that had being rioting in a city for 52 days "peaceful protesters" and ignoring them while they were destroying business while during a virus crisis.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 07-19-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Two mid-20th century tyrannical leaders used mobs to come to power. This is what we're up against. No doubt there are a lot of politically ambitious mayors catering to these mobs hand-over-hand.

I don't feel sorry for the Redshirts and Brownshirts.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 07-19-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Dude.. 2 years...

Those worthless Phucks have been Terrorizing the city of Portland,, Often with Police Protection.

Anyone who objects is demonized in the Media.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Situations like these (Marxist insurrection facilitated by Marxist local officials) are one of the few scenarios that justifies federal LEO stepping in, it should have never been allowed to get to this point and many good people have been victimized by these mobs with no means of recourse. The police are told to stand down and actually used to protect these violent freaks, who do you think would be arrested if militias showed up to protect these cities? The radical chief prosecutor of St Louis Kimberly Gardner is going after that couple who defended their home from rioters rather than rioters themselves, this is not rare and now we know why George Soros has been pumping millions into these municipal elections all around the country. Milquetoast Libertarians desperate to appeal to the cultural left and not be seen as one of those right wing Republican baddies need to understand there is no middle ground here when it comes to revolutionary Marxism, you win yourself no kudos standing up for their right to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post
    So the theme of the thread seems to be are you against the NDAA or are you "for" the BLM Protesters, so I'll just chime in.

I think it could be a strategically wise decision to demagogue the NDAA issue over this thing in Portland, even if you hate the BLM movement, which I do. BLM is not our friend, but I don't think Trump is our friend either nor are the republicans.

Trolling both sides into fighting more by using this NDAA thing as a tool might be a good way to keep them both fighting, and hopefully the government collapses sooner rather than later so we can get on with our lives.

Not that libertarians and their 5% minority stake in this country have much impact, but every bit counts.
    Trump and Republicans are our friends and collapsing the government is exactly what the marxists want because they have the manpower and money to impose a communist dictatorship and we do not have the manpower and money to impose a libertarian system, the best outcome we could hope for in a collapse would be some kind of strongman conservative regime, we do NOT want to aid the commies in causing the collapse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Huh?

Are you denying that BLM and AntiFa are Marxist revolutionary groups?
    That's the playbook, I've run into it elsewhere so it doesn't surprise me the trolls here are using it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is this a concerted effort? Everywhere I look, I see Marxists asking for libertarians to scream and March in the street over this. For one, riots tend not to be our style. 2. WHEN DID MARXISTS EVER GIVE A DAMN WHAT WE THINK? Infact they have been telling us to shut up.

Seriously, Marxists on Twitter, Facebook, RPFs, etc. suddenly want to hear my opinion? Bull$#@!!
    Last edited by RJB; 07-19-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Is this a concerted effort? Everywhere I look, I see Marxists asking for libertarians to scream and March in the street over this. For one riots tend not to be our style. 2. WHEN DID MARXISTS EVER GIVE A DAMN WHAT WE THINK? Infact they have been telling us to shut up.

Seriously, Marxists on Twitter, Facebook, RPFs, etc. suddenly want to hear my opinion? Bull$#@!!
    There has been a concerted effort to infiltrate libertarianism and use it as a tool to achieve communism, they are now going for the kill.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

People are not monolithic entities. Not even protestors are.

They already do care about the liberty issue about not being thrown into shady dark vans without warrants.

So on that issue they are with us, that's enough. Nobody is saying to endorse them. What we are saying is to support their right to protest.

And obviously use this as a vehicle for spreading a pro-liberty message. "This (concrete example) is what happens when you give feds too much power. This was enabled by Obama and Bush administrations."

What you do, and Ron Paul always talked about doing, was building coalitions on individual issues. If we can find enough people who think that we should repeal the NDAA provision, and the Patriot Act, then that's a win. Forget about what they think about other issues. We are not endorsing whatever they are talking about on other issues.
    Exactly. If these protests we're about liberty, ending police brutality, etc. BLM would have worked with Copblock, etc. But, No! They teamed with Antifa, told us to shut up, and ignored those issues and promoted commie nonsense while committing crimes.

It doesn't matter what these protests are about as long as we can create issue campaigns. This is a good time to hold some Pelosi feet to the fire but instead apparently the cool thing to do is shriek about "Marxists" who currently probably have less power than even libertarians.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    Oh, they're getting spooked by some feds shoving them into vans?
    So was "Ron Paul Forums" at some point, at least when it was a distant future threat. Then when it happened and orange man was in power, apparently it became a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Because they are dumb and naive? Believe it or not, when people are given information on what enabled something, usually they want that thing taken away. In this case it's the NDAA/Patriot Act. Yes, get them to put some Pelosi feet to the fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Protesters have been going for 50 straight days & involves Federal buildings & Courthouse. I see a blurry line between Feds taking back their property & individual right to protest . I’m sure some of the protest are just criminals

From picture of article I posted their is graffiti in Federal Courthouse & I wonder if this building has been closed because of protests

Interesting sh*t show
    There is something called warrants, and due process, and whatnot. Things people seemed to care about here back until the lack of these things actually started being abused in a severe, blatant way.

At the very least, a very clear "I told you so" moment but instead I see taking the side of the abuser?

Very true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Why aren’t libertarians outraged over xyz? It’s not about the subject xyz, it’s simply an attack on libertarians.

“Libertarians should be freaking out over San Gabriel! Don't they believe in property rights and freedom of religion!”
    The people defending this statism should be called out. Do you not agree? Who cares if people on the other side of the ideological aisle agree with us on something? Actually I do because it's more power to us.
    Quote Originally Posted by amartin315 View Post

I'm not sure that intentional division is quite the answer here but yes bringing the NDAA issue to light is the best thing we can be doing in this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    It certainly IS wrong because the people crying over it now are back-stabbers, liars and hypocrites!

PROOF: Brian “Libertarians should be freaking out” Schatz voted to pass NDDA while Obama was in office!

Why didn’t all you phonys/marxists/commies take advantage of peoples’ disgust with Obama and join the libertarian outrage BEFORE NDDA was passed - which legalized the situation you’re all fake-crying over now?! It's not as if we had no warning!

Perhaps,

NOW it’s libertarians' fault?!

You back-stabbing liars don't deserve the time of day from libertarians!

Or how about you know, protesting the Patriot Act, protesting the NDAA, and protesting MAGA's abuse of these autocratic tools, and then try to get this damn statism repealed?

All 3 should be seen as individually intolerable and together contributing to something which can and will be repeated, only next time the victims may be someone you can't shriek "Marxist" at.
    Is this a concerted effort? Everywhere I look, I see Marxists asking for libertarians to scream and March in the street over this. For one, riots tend not to be our style. 2. WHEN DID MARXISTS EVER GIVE A DAMN WHAT WE THINK? Infact they have been telling us to shut up.

Again, spare the hysteria and try thinking clearly for a second. They don't have to "care what we think" in order to care about what makes throwing them in unmarked vans without warrants possible.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast