Thread: Missouri Becomes 21st State to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Use

Missouri Becomes 21st State to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Use

Missouri Becomes 21st State to Legalize Marijuana for Adult Use

BY NORML
    NOVEMBER 9, 2022

Missouri voters have decided in favor of a ballot initiative (Amendment 3) legalizing the possession, cultivation, and licensed retail sale of cannabis for those ages 21 and older. The vote marks the first time that voters in a mid-western state have ever decided in favor of a citizens’ initiative legalizing marijuana for adult use.

“Missourians have clearly demonstrated that support for ending prohibition isn’t relegated to the coasts or deep blue states, but that it is a common sense position that resonates with all Americans,” stated NORML Executive Director Erik Altieri, “With the approval of Amendment 3, Missouri voters rejected the failed ideas of the past and elected to chart a new path oriented on justice and sound public policy.”

The measure allows adults to possess up to three ounces of cannabis and to home-cultivate up to six flowering plants, six immature plants, and six plants under 14 inches for their own personal use. It also establishes a program to automatically review and expunge criminal records for eligible non-violent marijuana-related marijuana offenses. The measure seeks to broaden participation in the licensed cannabis marketplace by including small business owners and those representing disadvantaged populations, including those with limited capital, residents of high-poverty communities, service-disabled veterans, and those who have been previously convicted of nonviolent marijuana offenses. Additionally, the initiative makes some improvements to the state’s existing medical marijuana access program.

https://norml.org/blog/2022/11/09/mi...for-adult-use/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm very glad to say that I was wrong on this one.

Not that I'm goin to use, but because FREEDOM.

This might just be the only thing that we will be allowed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm very glad to say that I was wrong on this one.

Not that I'm goin to use, but because FREEDOM.

This might just be the only thing that we will be allowed to do.
    Missouri has some good things,, and my Restoration of Rights is recognized there.

Old history is,,, old now.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I disapprove of this measure because it creates a “Director of Equity” who is unaccountable to the legislature and governor, who will direct “education related to marijuana”, and who will be nearly impossible to fire or replace. Aside from that, the crime, accidents, and overdose data coming out of CA and CO where recreational marijuana is legal already, are staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    Aside from that, the crime, accidents, and overdose data coming out of CA and CO where recreational marijuana is legal already, are staggering.
    Please elaborate ?
    "I am a bird"

Aside from that, the crime, accidents, and overdose data coming out of CA and CO where recreational marijuana is legal already, are staggering.
    So China and Mexico pump fentanyl through our border, the Democrats defund the police, and you are blaming cannabis for increases in crime, accidents and overdoses?

As far as accidents, like covid, if you test more, you get more "cases". If more people are using it, then there will be more accidents with people testing positive. There is no evidence cannabis makes people bad drivers, in fact a lot of studies suggest people drive more safely. They tend to slow down, drive the speed limit and be more cautious.

This new batch of anti-cannabis propaganda is just reefer madness.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Let's get really originalistic.

Fentanyl should be legal to possess and use.

But there should also be absolute liability assigned to those that possess if the handling of the substance is as dangerous as they claim.

If you believe Reefer Madness Propaganda.

Fentanyl Overdose are country wide,, No One is Overdosing on Cannabis.

I have never wrecked a car,, But it does help with driving Stress.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

But there should also be absolute liability assigned to those that possess if the handling of the substance is as dangerous as they claim.
    If fentanyl is legal, then opium and dilaudid would also be legal and cheap. There would be no reason why people would need to handle 100% pure fentanyl.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If fentanyl is legal, then opium and dilaudid would also be legal and cheap. There would be no reason why people would need to handle 100% pure fentanyl.
    Correct.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sparebulb again.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    No One is Overdosing on Cannabis.
    I've done it — several times. And it doesn't take very much to do it, either.

I've done it — several times. And it doesn't take very much to do it, either.
    And yet you Live.

Note: Your Psychological reaction is NOT an Overdose.

The plant is in Fact ,,Nontoxic.
    https://medical-dictionary.thefreedi...y.com/nontoxic
    It can't kill you..unless a ton of it fell on you.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

And yet you Live.

Note: Your Psychological reaction is NOT an Overdose.

The plant is in Fact ,,Nontoxic.
    https://medical-dictionary.thefreedi...y.com/nontoxic
    It can't kill you..unless a ton of it fell on you.
    I didn't have a psychological reaction — except as an afterthought. I asked myself how I ever could have actually enjoyed this drug, given the reactions my body had to it on several occasions. I very nearly reached anaphylactic shock once. The other times, I just got a short-lived case of hives, tachycardia and heart pounding.

I didn't have a psychological reaction — except as an afterthought. I asked myself how I ever could have actually enjoyed this drug, given the reactions my body had to it on several occasions. I very nearly reached anaphylactic shock once. The other times, I just got a short-lived case of hives, tachycardia and heart pounding.
    Are you sure it wasn't Poison Ivy.. Don't smoke that.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Are you sure it wasn't Poison Ivy.. Don't smoke that.
    I got it from friends who were long-time pot growers. I watched them harvest, dry, clean and package the plants. You must think I am even more stupid than you are. Incidentally I am not and have never been allergic to poison ivy. I can roll around in it naked for hours and never get an itch, let alone a rash. Every year I pull it out of the ground on my land wherever I find it and never wear gloves.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got it from friends who were long-time pot growers. I watched them harvest, dry, clean and package the plants. You must think I am even more stupid than you are. Incidentally I am not and have never been allergic to poison ivy. I can roll around in it naked for hours and never get an itch, let alone a rash. Every year I pull it out of the ground on my land wherever I find it and never wear gloves.
    I have only heard your story a couple times,,and with No documentation..

I have personally observed Hysterical Panic attacks.. unrelated to cannabis,,but exactly the symptoms.

Been with Hundreds of Thousands of people,, without such reactions.

I live in a Legal State.. and such is unknown here with a Half Dozen stores in the immediate area.

I call it Bull$#@!.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I have personally observed Hysterical Panic attacks.. unrelated to cannabis,,but exactly the symptoms.

I live in a Legal State.. and such is unknown here with a Half Dozen stores in the immediate area.

I call it Bull$#@!.
    I suppose it's possible she is allergic, maybe to a specific terpene or something. But that is not a toxic effect, that is your immune system attacking yourself, could happen with just about anything.

I call it Bull$#@!.
    You call a long-time forum member a liar with zero evidence. What would be my reason for lying? And you don't know my early life history either. I started using pot in high school. By age 17 I was a daily smoker and during the next several years I probably smoked more pot than ten average people smoke in their entire lives combined. That was due to a series of lovers who were growers and/or dealers. I didn't have to buy the stuff, I was swimming in it. One year I smoked almost an ounce per day, I was using it the way most tobacco smokers use cigarettes. Then one day I just couldn't do it anymore without physical problems. I suppose the cumulative effect of too much of it weakened my whole body. It took almost 20 years to recover and to this day I have occasional "flashback" experiences that are quite disturbing.

One time after not having smoked at all for 13 years I had a single toke from a nearly empty pipe, just to see what would happen after that long without touching it. Taught myself a huge lesson that day. Actually, the effect lasted almost 48 hours and was the most unpleasant experience of my life up to that point.

I haven't smoked it since, but when they came out with CBD I gave that a try for easing pain. It was supposed to be less than 0.03% THC, so I thought it would be safe enough. One dropper twice a day for a few days didn't do anything for my pain. I decided to try two droppers at once, with my supper, hoping it would work. An hour or so later I started to feel very, very strange -- woozy, unable to walk, the veins in my hands got very constricted and my blood pressure went way up. I had forgotten about taking the CBD and didn't connect how I was feeling with that, since it wouldn't have been expected.

Since I had no idea what was happening to me, I became concerned enough to call the paramedics. They were not busy. They stayed and talked with me for almost an hour. Finally they said that unless I wanted to be taken to a hospital they would leave. I didn't want to go to a hospital. I hate having to do that. One of the guys helped me back into the house, and I was starting to feel like I would eventually be okay. A while later it dawned on me, the way I was feeling was exactly, precisely the same as long ago when "coming down" from a pot high. Only then did it occur to me that the CBD oil may have brought on the episode despite the minuscule concentration of THC.

To test the idea that CBD oil could have made me "high", I took none of it for a couple of weeks, then took half a dropper — a fourth of the amount that had brought on the symptoms that made me feel bad enough to call the paramedics — on an empty stomach to test whether this amount would cause *any* degree of the same sort of symptoms. I didn't want a repeat of the previous episode, I just wanted to test my theory without putting myself in jeopardy. Based on how I felt after that experimental dose, I gave away the remaining CBD oil and will never use it again.

In my experience users of marijuana are weakening themselves without realizing it, or if they do know what it's doing to them, they don't care. Just like any other sort of addict.
    Last edited by Suzu; 11-10-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I suppose it's possible she is allergic, maybe to a specific terpene or something. But that is not a toxic effect, that is your immune system attacking yourself, could happen with just about anything.
    I have heard of (second hand) of "allergic" Reactions.

Looked for and can not find Medical Documentation to corroborate.

No one is Forcing anyone to use it.. And Millions of people Benefit from it..

I give it the consideration it is worth.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom