Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What converted you to Ron Paul? What is your personal story?

What converted you to Ron Paul? What is your personal story?

Merry Christmas everyone.

I wanted to take this time to document what it was that made you realize Ron Paul was the one for you? Were you a neocon supporter? A liberal supporter? What was it that triggered your awakening? I'm curious to know your personal stories.

For me it was a series of events. I approached this from the liberal angle. Please forgive me...lol I don't agree with Paul 100% of the time, but like Reagan would say, someone who agrees with you 80% of the time is a friend and an ally, not a 20% traitor. In fact, over time since 2007 I would say I probably agree with Paul 95% of the time now. But that is beside the point.

In 2000 I supported Gore. Disgusting right? It was the first year I could vote. (I missed being able to vote in 1996 by one month) I was one of those people that said..."well things would've been better had Gore won". There were many things I just didn't know about at the time. I wasn't aware of the 1998 Liberation Act of Iraq at the time. The media does a good job of downplaying events and hoping you forget history. Even recent history.

In 2004 I supported Kerry. Barf again. This was the beginning of my turning point I'd say when I really began questioning things. Kerry promised he'd put up more of a legal fight if any vote stealing was suspected this time around. Ohio was loaded with weirdness to say the least. Everywhere from purposefully only having one or two voting booths in heavy minority voting districts to just plain diebold-like weirdness. The very next day he gave up like the pussy he is. I was absolutely amazed. I almost completely disconnected myself from politics. Canceled my cable subscription even and turned entirely to the internet for my news.

Like the stupid liberal I still was, I clinged to the liberal arguments. I read sites like truthout thinking I was getting the whole picture. To their credit, they did expose a few things from time to time that baffled me. Democrats would support the same corporate welfare structure that Republicans do. Then I started to research more things you don't hear about in the media.

I still wasn't fully awake. In 2006 I supported all democrats once again. But this time I really held my nose to do so. Lesser of two evils, right? That is what they kept telling me. Democrats won. "woohoo...lets end the war now and impeach Bush"...right? Kucinich attempted articles of impeachment and was blocked at every turn. Democrats continued funding the war if they got their social welfare goodies in return. I was like, WTF, something is weird here? When people said both parties are the same, I used to think they were crazy. Then I became one of them thinking the same thing.

I completely sunk into a level of apathy I didn't think I could ever climb out of. I was like...WTF is the point? Ron Paul could not have entered at a better time for me.

In May 2007 I heard about a republican in the debates who was being ignored by the media and was being called crazy for his anti-war views. I think it was the most voted on story on Digg at that time. The internet was going nuts for this guy so I thought I should check him out. I watched youtube after youtube made by the community in support of this guy named Ron Paul. I'd smile a little more with every one I watched. I was like "holy $#@! this guy is like the anti-neocon". And he also takes liberals to the woodshed for their follies.

The media ignoring and smearing Ron Paul was all the incentive I needed to watch and read about him more. Blowback indeed.

Between May and November of 2007 I was watching so many youtube videos, started learning about the FED, and starting to read so many libertarian arguments that I was becoming like an addict. Contributed money to my first candidate ever. To say I was converted was an understatement. I kind of always felt something was wrong but didn't know what it was. I was still trapped inside the Matrix. I may have been a libertarian this whole time and just didn't know it. Breath of fresh air indeed. I found my political home and Dr. Paul completely cured my apathy.

I lived in a caucus state at the time in 2008. I had never attended one before and the idea of being surrounded by republicans and giving speeches to try and become a delegate for the senate district sounded a bit scary. I made the grade though. I espoused Paul's views and I was voted on to move to the next level up. This really helped me with my confidence at these events. I then had to give speeches to graduate on to be a delegate for the congressional district and the state convention. I was almost near the top. I was voted as delegate #2 in rooms of 300+ people. I was happy and I found my place. You just speak about what pisses you off and it works.

I guess the morale of my story is, if you are a democrat and you are afraid of taking part in a republican caucus system, don't be. You aren't alone. Many other libertarians and former democrats attend these things and plug their nose also. Join the online groups. As you go through the process, you could meet some people you'd now consider your very best friends as I did. It is an experience you don't want to miss.

No One But Paul.

What is your story? How did you get here?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was a long process for me. I have always believed in freedom, but had these notions about what is supposedly good for society.

After spending a lot of time thinking about it I realized that libertarian ideas are right. We don't need the govt taking care of us. We can do it just fine on our own.

It took a lot of thinking, but I finally realized that intervention, whether domestically or internationally, is destructive to both economic and personal liberty.
    Last edited by camp_steveo; 12-25-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: puctuation

I, like you wasn't fully awake until after I got out of the Marine Corps, after taking three rounds to the stomach and chest, in Iraq. I got out in 2007, right around the time Ron Paul was just coming on scene. Everything he was saying rang true to me.

I had joined the Marine Corps just after the 9/11 attacks, I was one of those gung-ho patriots that thought it was our duty to police the world and show them what it was like to live like us. Sadly for me and those of my brothers that didn't make it back this was not the case.

So as I started listening to Ron Paul, everything he was saying made perfect sense, they didn't hate us because we were free, they hated us because we were there. They hated seeing our flag on their soil. I can't tell you how many times I was told by an Iraqi "Go home American pig, we don't want you here". So after listening to this man, and knowing that I felt the same way, I did my research and I kept talking to others about him and well, here I am today. Due to the injuries I did sustain in Iraq, I am now rated at 50% disability, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Last edited by Sublyminal; 12-25-2011 at 03:53 PM.

I am a reformed neo-con. Former Army here, voted for Bush (Hated Kerry with his plan to double SOG numbers to fight terrorism. What BS). I left the military in May 01, obviously, right before 9/11. I lost a few friends to the wars, and some in death, and some just not who they used to be when they came back.

When I first heard Ron Paul, I was one of the people screaming at him as a traitor. I wound up voting for McCain, because I depsised Obama. After the elections, some of the things he had been saying kept kind of popping back into my mind, so I started reading. That was when I felt foolish. As I read more, and watched the news, I realized that we were on a path that would one day have my son in the desert. This was made worse by him telling me all the time how he wanted to join the Army, just like his daddy. Make no mistake, if our nation were actually invaded, I'd put a weapon in his 14 year old hands myself, and tell him we had man's work to do. But the thought of some big government puke sending my child to die to guard an oil field brought a devil out of me.

Some of my own family consider me a radical, but I've told my own mother, that if we as a nation have become so lost that to demand we return to our Constitutional rights, granted us by virtue of who we are, brands us a radical, then we need a few more radicals. That said, however, I don't really care for labels. I don't care what any of you were, are, or will be. All I care about is knowing that there are still people who are proud to be Americans, and that I'm not the only one who doesn't want to give up.

I'm not a US citizen and should not necessarily care that much, but I have been interested in US politics for a little while. At first I was sympathetic to progressives, they represented something that was familiar to I saw the world. After all, Sweden is a social-democracy. But I began hearing about RP and his principles pretty early on, and I was eventually convinced philosophically to the non-aggression principle. I also noticed how one party seemed to want to restrict economic liberties and the other personal liberties, but they are really one and the same. Ron Paul was the poster boy for this movement and I hope it spreads internationally.

The foreign policy was never much of a debate for me. Pretty much everyone not in the US know that the reason for terrorist attacks are occupation, it's so obvious. Just like Noam Chomsky said, there's NOTHING controversial about what RP said in that debate, yet he got booed and is labeled an "isolationist".

Sweden is a good place because of our relative neutrality though, though I wish we weren't so aligned with the EU. But when it comes to economics, I always get laughed at for my views over here, they're so radical and all. Sweden also has the oldest central bank in the world - so we're not as ready for a shift from the welfare state to a free society as the US is. At least we have some fiscal discipline and we're running surpluses over here, plus we are privatizing lots of industries which is a good thing.
    Last edited by jsem; 12-25-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsem View Post
    I'm not a US citizen and should not necessarily care that much, but I have been interested in US politics for a little while. At first I was sympathetic to progressives, they represented something that was familiar to I saw the world. After all, Sweden is a social-democracy. But I began hearing about RP and his principles pretty early on, and I was eventually convinced philosophically to the non-aggression principle. I also noticed how one party seemed to want to restrict economic liberties and the other personal liberties, but they are really one and the same. Ron Paul was the poster boy for this movement and I hope it spreads internationally.

I always get laughed at for my views over here, they're so radical and all. Plus, Sweden has the oldest central bank in the world - Sweden isn't as ready for a shift from the welfare state to a free society as the US is. At least we have some fiscal discipline and we're running surpluses over here, plus we are privatizing lots of industries which is a good thing.

Sweden is also a non-intervention country, something the US can learn a lot from. Sadly, people like Hannity and Levin would call your country Isolationist.

As a long time radical, I've never come close to supporting a Presidential candidate. If you told me I'd be supporting one 5 years ago, I'd have laughed. It's not that I was politically apathetic; in fact, the opposite is true and I love to read books on political and media theory.

Ron Paul first came to my attention when I saw a picture of him at his desk, with that little plaque thing that reads 'Don't Steal: The Government Hates Competition". I was blown away a congressman had that on his desk. Jump ahead awhile (years? months?) and I recognized him - some early article or youtube video during the 2008 election... and because I recognized him, and remembered that message, I sat down and spent a few hours researching Ron Paul. Those few hours have, well, turned into hundreds of hours.

I love the man. Absolutely. He is the only person I'll likely support for president in my entire lifetime -- because even while I still have irreconcilable differences [with] our political system, I absolutely recognize, on a practical level, Ron Paul represents true change, hope for our future, an end to the wars, a critical blow against fiat money, an end to the attack on our liberty, etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by affa; 12-25-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added 'with', grammar error
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No big story here. Ron was the best candidate in 08 so I voted for him. Same this year. I've always been a Republican and never a neocon. I like a lot of the ideals of the old right GOP from the 30-mid 60's. I also agree with 95% of libertarian principles. I'd like to see the GOP go back in that direction and Ron personifies that to me.

I am a veteran who somewhat realized our military and federal government were getting out of control. I saw "freedom to facism" where Paul speaks on the income tax and has the "don't steal, the government hates competition."

i had barely heard of paul. I did a lot more research and applied what he has said to what I saw in Afghanistan. The more I listened, the more I was dedicated. I am 22 and previously voted for McCain. I was a blind, uninformed, young neo-con.

I have donated roughly $40 to the campaign through the "ready for ames" moneybomb, the "veterans day moneybomb", "black this out", and most recently, "TO WIN IOWA, NH, SC, FL, and NV"
    Last edited by leffewture; 12-25-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Sweden is also a non-intervention country, something the US can learn a lot from. Sadly, people like Hannity and Levin would call your country Isolationist.
    Well, that's beginning to change. Libya was the first intervention by Sweden since the Congo crisis, and before that we hadn't gotten involved with troops since the Napoleonic war. Plus we have about 1000 troops stationed in Afghanistan. The idea of humanitarian interventions is something Swedes feel is justified for solidarity reasons, but that could be used to justify any war. I wish Sweden would return to a REAL policy of neutrality and non-interventionism.

Well, that's beginning to change. Libya was the first intervention by Sweden since the Congo crisis, and before that we hadn't gotten involved with troops since the Napoleonic war. Plus we have about 1000 troops stationed in Afghanistan. The idea of humanitarian interventions is something Swedes feel is justified for solidarity reasons, but that could be used to justify any war. I wish Sweden would return to a REAL policy of neutrality and non-interventionism.

That is likely our doing, with our you're either with us or against us mentality.

Actually it was a combination of spiritual and worldly things. First for the worldly: I've always been loyal to the idea of the Constitution. I'm a history student and an American History major. And reading the Constitution something spoke to my heart, something about the power of its promises and the beauty of its language. A document so simple as even a novice high school student could understand it yet so powerful it struck the balance between the powers of the government and the individual. It was beautiful to me and still is incredible to me. I was always biased towards the Republicans because they spoke the language of the Constitution and promised to limit government and protect the rights of the people as the Constitution promised. But as I matured I became disillusioned with them. They talked the talk but never walked the walk. When I could register to vote I registered as an Independent, though I cast my first vote ever for a Republican, State Rep. Tom McClintock in his run for Governor (who should have won it would have been infinitely better for California than who did win.) As time went on, and I began studying what my faith taught about the role of government, the Constitution, and the importance of everyone's liberty (more on that later) I became more and more "radical" because I began to believe more and more in strict limited government and protection of man's rights even our right to do wrong. In the 2008 election I never listened to the Republicans. I had long since given up on them as a party and voted for Chuck Baldwin. What actually alerted my to Dr. Paul this election though wasn't even someone in America. Of all people and things it was MEP Daniel Hannan of the European Union Parliament. I had come across him by accident and fell in love with his conservatism. I wished he were American so I could vote for him in the coming 2012 elections. One YouTube video I watched he talked about his respect for Republican Ron Paul and talked about how he really understood the Constitution. This really perked me up. A Republican who really understood the Constitution and fought for limited government? Was it even possible even more? So I YouTubed "Ron Paul" and began watching his videos. The rest is history. I feel in love with him overnight. He quickly became my political hero and I began shouting his name form the rooftops!

Now the spiritual story: I'm a Latter-day Saint aka Mormon. In our theology the Constitution isn't just another government document. In a series of revelations given through the Church's founding prophet, the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ spoke of the importance of the Constitution. One such quote form these revelations is in my signature below. He says the Constitution was written by men under the influence of Heaven who He raised up for that specific purpose, comes from Him, and He commands that it should be upheld and maintained to protect the rights of all people. Christ even goes so far as to say the only legitimate law is the limited constitutional law and that "any thing that is more than this cometh of evil." Reading these revelations, and other pronouncements from the Prophet Joseph Smith calling the Constitution "a Heavenly banner" and declaring that only gold and silver should be used as money as the "inspired Constitution" commanded blew me away. I read the Constitution, felt the power of its inspiration, and fell in love with my freedoms, the liberty God had given me and made me free indeed. When I found out about Dr. Paul, an actual constitutional politician who just didn't talk the talk but had walked the walk for over 20 years, it was awesome. With all the zeal of religious fervor I dedicated my causing to seeing Ron Paul became President of the USA so that the restitution of America's liberty could begin. Now I know some of you may find all this surprising considering Romney is also LDS and he is about as Constitutional as FDR. Sadly many LDS people are this way and I think its because they're deceived form the same "conservative propaganda" that I used to be tricked by. I, and the few other LDS supporters of Dr. Paul I know are working hard to wake our brethren and sister us to the awful calamity we face if Dr. Paul isn't elected.

The Prophet Joseph Smith wasn't the last person to talk about the importance of constitutional limited government in my faith, here are a few others. One from Apostle Dallin H. Oaks (a Utah State Supreme Court Judge before entering the higher levels of church leadership) : http://lds.org/ensign/1992/02/the-di...y=constitution
    and also another more recent Prophet Ezra Taft Benson(who also served as Secretary of Agriculture under Eisenhower before his call to be Prophet) : http://lds.org/ensign/1987/09/the-co...y=constitution The cause of individual liberty is a righteous cause.

God bless Dr. Paul and the cause of liberty we fight for!
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 12-25-2011 at 04:24 PM.

I was an antiwar activist that got tricked by the Dems, and ended up voting for them, in the 2006 mid terms. In the 2007 debates his antiwar message and personality made me instantly like him. Over the next year or so I came to agree with 99% of his platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin69 View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone.

I wanted to take this time to document what it was that made you realize Ron Paul was the one for you? Were you a neocon supporter? A liberal supporter? What was it that triggered your awakening? I'm curious to know your personal stories.
    Enjoyed your story!

I decided to support Paul back in July. Before that I was a "neo-con supporter". I voted for Bush in '04, Romney in the '08 primaries and then McCain. I was a member of the College Republicans. I defended the wars and the spending from the Bush administration. For the spending, I figured it'd be worse if Kerry were president, and that the wars kept us safe. I've actually never been all that comfortable with the wars, but I just accepted the line that "it was better we fight them there than here".

In '06, the GOP controlled both houses. I thought "Great! Now we can actually cut spending and big government!" . Never happened. Then the "Tea Party" came to power. Most of them had squishy spines. Same thing with the presidential candidates, except for one person.

I knew Ron Paul was the only candidate serious about bringing back small government, but I didn't agree with his foreign policy. It didn't matter to me though, because our country has a crippling amount of debt and it's only a matter of time before it collapses completely. How would we be able to defend ourselves anyway if we can't pay for it? So even though I didn't agree with his foreign policy, I decided to support him. I made my first political donation ever for the Ames moneybomb.

Something interesting happens when you decide to support someone; you want to learn everything about them. This is when I actually listened to Paul's foreign policy. It suddenly made perfect sense. The wars just make us less safe and do nothing productive. The threat against our civil liberties from our government was also very real. Now I support his foreign policies just as much as his domestic small government policies.

It's great to finally support a candidate where I agree with practically everything and know he's not lying about it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First time I was old enough to vote, I voted for Kerry. I was anti war, and listed to a lot of Nofx.

In 2007 I heard a couple youtube speeches from Barack Obama, and was wow...this guy is awesome, and really struck a chord with me. Maybe 2 weeks later, I saw a youtube video of Mike Gravel calling out Hilary and Obama at a debate, and this really got me questioning. Mike Gravel was my guy.

Then a little while after that I saw a debate mashup of the infamous Ron Paul debate. After that, no looking back. I know everyone here wishes they could relive the experience of hearing Ron Paul for the first time. Ones apathy just melts away, it was such a profound awakening.

No one but Paul.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No conversion necessary here. I voted for Ron Paul in 1988. I didn't really know who he was until about 2000, when I started reading his "Texas Straight Talk" columns on his Congressional website. Needless to say, I voted for him in 2008, in the primary and wrote him in for the general. I'll be voting for him twice in 2012 as well.
    Rand Paul is in the top 1% of US Senators.

I've always admired Ron Paul for being the freedom fighter,the underdog, and him always standing for constitutional rights. Going through a rough life in public school felt more like a facist/communist state deep down something was wrong with this picture. All the students to me were like sheep. Why is everyone being told get a job,take out loans to go college, and not questioning why? when you have billionaires, and entrepreneurs making billions or millions. Why should I work for someone making them wealthier. All public schools are designed for to simply make people employees or a servus to the system.

When I was 14 I always went to the public library.I studied business because I knew it was key to financial freedom, and came across a book on ABC on stocks,bonds etc.. I didn't want to live my life being a employee. The book talked about the Federal reserve, I always thought it was part of the govt. Then I read "Private entity" and have stock holders. I was like "wait a private company printing our money? this is suspicious." it was and the more I read about it the more my suspicious grew. Read more history on Andrew Jackson, and idea of a central bank was always argued since post revolution war between jefferson & adams.

In school being told what to do,feel,think, felt I didn't have freedom. I argued with a teacher over saying the word "$#@!", and it was my constitutional right(I was in 9th grade). What my math teacher said still haunts to this day."This is government property you have no constitutional right on saying what you want." I was always into politics but could never understand how the system works. After reading rich/poor dad all my life I was being told I was wrong, and I was actually right on questioning the big picture.

I found about Ron Paul in 2008, I supported him but I didn't register as a republican to vote in the primary's.. I just voted for McCain instead of Obama I knew Mccain was just as evil but not as evil as Obama. I didn't think Ron Paul had a chance because the system is too corrupt, people wont wake or give a damn. After watching Obama deception on youtube, it was all the stuff I read about but movie just made it where you didn't want to believe it or call it far-fetched but it was actually all true. We have a evil entity taking over our country within, and they know what the hell their doing. What can I do, I'm just one person. Just support Ron Paul best you can because this is your country's only hope.

I read too when Ron Paul was young he got kicked out of school two times called the "principal" fascist. Knowing Ron Paul being a Hell razor, a Rebel, being that person who stands up for what is right, and not being submissive to the system. For how $#@! he has gone through being laughed,ignored and now being feared by the system brings joy. Still being that hell razor in school now to the system. Ron Paul is going down in history being the greatest Presidents in history, the fighter. Ron Paul is the ideal modern founding father who represents what a U.S. President should be. After Ron Paul, many more presidents will take his role, and lead by his example.

I didn't know of Ron Paul until I saw him school Rudy G. I was amazed that someone like that actually existed.

Everything he said made perfect sense to me. Also he is the only one who doesn't bull$#@! or change his views for his audience.
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

Same as Paul4Prez. In 1987 I was at college, 19 years old and apolitical. Ran across some Libertarian pamphlets and said 'hey, that makes a lot of sense'. Went to see Paul speak (he actually came to my university). Voted for him in 1988, 2008 (twice... write-in in the general). My own political evolution has actually followed his (somewhat) in that I changed my mind about open borders over time.
    Always found it strange that no one else in Congress emulated him. How hard can it be? Well, I guess it must be pretty hard, since he's the only one; but he certainly showed that it was *politically* feasible to be incorruptible.

Basically watching videos of Paul speak. Especially this one:

I gave up on the MSM back in 2004 when i woke up to the 9/11 false flag.
    Being on alternative internet based news sites exposes you to people and movements like this early on.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not a US citizen and should not necessarily care that much...
    I am also not a US citizen, but got completely addicted to RP and Freedom. When I was a kid, living in a socialist country, we always dreamed about the USA, liberty and opportunities we could have if we once somehow manage to get there. My friends had a slang word for something good: "American". When someone made a good basketball shot he would pump the fist and shout: "American!". It was just a joke, but illustrative of what we respected and liked.

Unfortunately, as soon as I reached adulthood, instead of peacefully transitioning to capitalism like most of other sane people did, a group of idiots in power lead my country into a bloody civil war. Western MSM picked sides and turned completely against my nation spreading unbelievable, gruesome lies (we were bad, but not any worse than others) and it ended with "humanitarian" NATO bombing of our cities. Though we were always allies and never, ever did anything against the US. Of course, that changed the attitude of most of my countrymen a little... It was not very popular to be pro-US, but I was stubborn to find out what went wrong. Read Thomas Paine, Constitution, Declaration of Independence etc. It was all perfect, but completely different from today. I couldn't see any of that spirit in people like Clinton or Bush, quite the opposite. It looked like the real America - home of the brave land of the free - doesn't exist any more.

Anyway, meanwhile I moved to the US and continued studying free market economics - the Austrian School was great eye-opener, finally everything I believed my whole life made sense. This is what led me to Ron Paul, I think Tom Woods mentioned him in a book (I don't remember exactly, could be "Meltdown"...), I went online to Google the name and what I found brought tears to my eyes... America I dreamed about as a kid was alive! Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Mind your own business, don't meddle into the affairs of others, free market, freedom of speech, freedom to defend yourself, self reliance, minimal government, no welfare state... Liberty baby! It's been a couple of years now and I still Google that name first thing in the morning to see what's new.

Here's mine (mid-section of this article)

http://itsmyblog.com/2011/12/we-are-...ment-syndrome/
    "You are not to inquire how your trade may be increased, nor how you are to become a great and powerful people, but how your liberties can be secured; for liberty ought to be the direct end of your Government." - Patrick Henry - A Son of Thunder

I was 11 years old and the year was 1991. I was reading about the 1988 Presidential Election results. I noticed that there were other candidates besides Bush Sr and Dukakis. I saw this candidate with two first names what was next to "Libertarian Party". I also felt bad about this guy getting so few votes. My mother told me that they must stand for something.

In 2000, I was following the Presidential Election and leaning towards Bush because his father seemed like a gentlemen and believed in a little less taxes than Gore. About a few days before the Election, a friend of my brother was reading some article about what the third parties stood for. He mentioned the Libertarian Party which was familiar. It said that "you can do anything you want as long as you don't hurt others". That got my attention. I read online about the parties nominee named Harry Browne. His article that he wrote sent my mind spinning. I was amazed that soemone made that much sense and agreed with me everything. Also I was wondering how come no one heard of him. Everythime I read things he wrote, I got excited. He was a diamond that came out of nowhere. Well I joined a local indoor swimming pool and this member of the pool told me about a Texas Congressman known as Dr. No because he always voted in accordance with the Constitution. He also wished that he could be mulitplied by 200. I looked up Dr. No and found his name was Ron Paul and it was the same name that I read back when I was 11. Harry Browne said that he was like Thomas Jefferson.

I love the American people even though most of them don't look like me. Such kind and smart people are also pathologically naive and being led by the nose. This reminds me of my own people and our suffering. I'm an emotional guy and there are hundreds of other reasons so I don't want to bore you. Once I know I need to support Mr. Paul to save the Republic and benefit the people, I jumped in with both feet.

It was 2007 and I started seeing videos about Ron Paul online. I really liked his foreign policy, since it just made sense. Every war ends eventually, always by two sides agreeing to peace. I was sold.

Then I started watching the debates. There were two things I noticed:

1) Ron was the only person who actually answered questions. He gave answers; others gave fake, scripted responses.

2) Ron was the only person who was honest, and his 30-year track record was proof enough for me that this guy should be president.

My beautiful wife from Argentina turned me onto Dr. Paul. See she isn't only beautiful, she is very intelligent.
    “John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains and he withdrew his fire until the day when men withdraw their vultures.”
    Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast