Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The first gun bill from the new house GOP majority: grants more power to FBI

The first gun bill from the new house GOP majority: grants more power to FBI

Worse than worthless...

https://twitter.com/GunOwners/status...94135029821446

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Getting $#@!ed in every hole
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Another perfect example of why the GOP is worthless.

Gotta love those Republicans. NOT.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Gotta love those Republicans. NOT.
    https://twitter.com/TopLobsta/status...66261390024708
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-10-2023 at 07:25 PM.

Similar conversations have been in the mainstream several times over the years. Republicans have a near perfect record of stabbing us in the back every time they actually secure the positions of power they would need to theoretically do anything substantive. I'll believe it when I see it, and at this rate I doubt I'll live long enough for that to happen. And I plan on living a good long while yet.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

How does this effect those states that have Constitutional carry?

Rep. Hudson Introduces National Reciprocity of Concealed Carry

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...ncealed-carry/

AWR HAWKINS 10 Jan 2023

Rep. Richard Hudson (R) introduced national reciprocity for concealed carry in the 118th Congress on Monday night.

The legislation, H.R. 38–also known as the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act–has a bipartisan group of 118 co-sponsors.

H.R. 38 would make the concealed carry permit of any one state valid in the other 49, just like a driver’s license.

Hudson commented on the legislation, saying:

H.R. 38 guarantees the Second Amendment does not disappear when crossing an invisible state line….[It] protects law-abiding citizens’ rights to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits. I am especially proud to have such widespread and bipartisan support for this measure as I continue working to get this legislation over the finish line.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation welcomed Hudson’s legislation, and NRA-ILA executive director Jason Ouimet said:

The U.S. Supreme Court recently affirmed that the fundamental right to keep and bear arms does not stop at a person’s front door. Congress should now affirm that the right to self-defense does not stop at a state line. The NRA thanks Rep. Hudson for his strong and unwavering leadership in the march towards right-to-carry reciprocity.

Concealed carry is currently governed by a patchwork of state-level laws that give anti-gun, state-level office holders the power to restrict the exercise of residents of other states to exercise their right to bear arms. Hudson’s bill is designed to correct this by making reciprocity national.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

AWR HAWKINS 10 Jan 2023

Rep. Richard Hudson (R) introduced national reciprocity for concealed carry in the 118th Congress on Monday night.

The legislation, H.R. 38–also known as the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act–has a bipartisan group of 118 co-sponsors.

H.R. 38 would make the concealed carry permit of any one state valid in the other 49, just like a driver’s license.

Hudson commented on the legislation, saying:

H.R. 38 guarantees the Second Amendment does not disappear when crossing an invisible state line….[It] protects law-abiding citizens’ rights to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits. I am especially proud to have such widespread and bipartisan support for this measure as I continue working to get this legislation over the finish line.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation welcomed Hudson’s legislation, and NRA-ILA executive director Jason Ouimet said:

The U.S. Supreme Court recently affirmed that the fundamental right to keep and bear arms does not stop at a person’s front door. Congress should now affirm that the right to self-defense does not stop at a state line. The NRA thanks Rep. Hudson for his strong and unwavering leadership in the march towards right-to-carry reciprocity.

Concealed carry is currently governed by a patchwork of state-level laws that give anti-gun, state-level office holders the power to restrict the exercise of residents of other states to exercise their right to bear arms. Hudson’s bill is designed to correct this by making reciprocity national.

Sounds like it would make the feds the final authority over right to carry. Is that what we really want?
    Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like it would make the feds the final authority over right to carry. Is that what we really want?
    We certainly don't, but the narcissistic psychopaths that run our world have other ideas.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Federalizing gun laws is a really bad idea
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

That's what I'm seeing as well...and of course the answer is no.

Yeah, was kind of rhetorical but you knew that. In any event, this is Republicans helping us. Yipee.
    Chris

They already are, read the 2ndA.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The answer is YES.
    The 2ndA is nationwide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Tell it to the writers of the 2ndA.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Those with an optional permit will see their permits recognized in any state.
    Those without will probably have to make an optional permit for their citizens to benefit but it is possible a lawsuit that goes to SCOTUS could make their drivers licenses count in other states, depending on the other state it might not take that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They already are, read the 2ndA.

You have a shallow, immature understanding of even the system you claim to espouse. Or you see right through to the true goals of the Federalists that foisted it upon us and fully support them.

Either way, your opinion is worthless.

Centralization of power at the federal level is always a BAD idea.
    Chris

You have a shallow, immature understanding of even the system you claim to espouse. Or you see right through to the true goals of the Federalists that foisted it upon us and fully support them.

Either way, your opinion is worthless.

Centralization of power at the federal level is always a BAD idea.
    You have a false, convoluted and self defeating understanding of liberty and the Constitution.
    Article 6 applies the Constitution to the states and the 2ndA is included in that, it's part of the rules of the club of states.
    A 2ndA that the states can ignore is no 2ndA at all and is impotent for all its intended purposes.
    Centralization of the defense of basic rights is a good thing, allowing some areas to deny those rights is a bad thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You have a false, convoluted and self defeating understanding of liberty and the Constitution.
    Article 6 applies the Constitution to the states and the 2ndA is included in that, it's part of the rules of the club of states.
    A 2ndA that the states can ignore is no 2ndA at all and is impotent for all its intended purposes.
    Centralization of the defense of basic rights is a good thing, allowing some areas to deny those rights is a bad thing.

Sorry but you’re quite simply in error.

But I’ve neither the time, energy nor inclination to take you by the hand and show you how and why. Believe what you want. Ultimately, at this late date, it’s of little consequence anyway.
    Chris

Creepy Biden still groping for your guns...

(Paid promotion ends at 1:04)

Last edited by ClaytonB; 01-11-2023 at 10:21 AM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Why are you simping for the Feds?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Similar conversations have been in the mainstream several times over the years. Republicans have a near perfect record of stabbing us in the back every time they actually secure the positions of power they would need to theoretically do anything substantive. I'll believe it when I see it, and at this rate I doubt I'll live long enough for that to happen. And I plan on living a good long while yet.
    They are also the same GOP that care more for foreign policy agenda "MiC" than the American people.

If they cared about the woke polices taking over the country the GOP would already cracked down on them
    Instated they are allowing it to spread through educational institutions.

Tell it to the writers of the NFA, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Or the writers of the GCA68, or of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of “68, or the full auto manufacturing ban from the early “80s, or the Brady Act, or the Assault Weapons Ban of “94, or … Need I continue?

Trusting in the feds for the “defense of basic rights” is a fool’s errand, and only a fool, or a full blown authoritarian would willingly support such nonsense.
    Chris

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or the writers of the GCA68, or of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of “68, or the full auto manufacturing ban from the early “80s, or the Brady Act, or the Assault Weapons Ban of “94, or … Need I continue?
    Boy, that sure is a whole lot of "etc.".

Good thing the founders federalized gun rights, ain't it?

I guess we really dodged a bullet (ha-ha) on that one.

Trusting in the feds for the “defense of basic rights” is a fool’s errand, and only a fool, or a full blown authoritarian would willingly support such nonsense.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

The writers of 2A didn't federalize gun laws, they simply prohibited laws against the right to keep and bear arms.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The writers of 2A didn't federalize gun laws, they simply prohibited laws against the right to keep and bear arms.
    And that is a federalized gun law.
    It includes the federationwide right to bear arms.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Why are you simping for the Feds?
    Why are you simping for state level gun grabbers?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell it to the anti-gun states.

When it comes to gun rights and the rest of the BoR the level doesn't matter, the direction of the law does.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Boy, that sure is a whole lot of "etc.".

Good thing the founders federalized gun rights, ain't it?

I guess we really dodged a bullet (ha-ha) on that one.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.
    SCOTUS belated and tepid enforcement of the federal level 2ndA is the only thing that might get rid of the evil laws at every level and it has already begun to do so.
    Meanwhile you are opposing a law that would restore the basic right to bear arms to millions of oppressed Americans, which side are you on again?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast