Thread: Commission: Both Candidates Must Stand for First Debate

Commission: Both Candidates Must Stand for First Debate

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nd-commission/
    The commission told Breitbart News on Thursday that the first debate will require both candidates to stand. The second, to be held Oct. 9 at Washington University in St. Louis, will be in a town hall format, meaning that candidates may stand when it is their turn to speak, and sit when they are done. (In 2012, the second debate, also in town hall format, featured some infamous exchanges where both Gov. Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama were standing and arguing with each other).

According to the commission, it is not yet clear whether the candidates will be standing or sitting for the third debate, which will take place Oct. 19 at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas. In past year, candidates have been seated for the third debate.

Clinton’s recent health problems have led to increased speculation about whether she will be able to stand for the full 90 minutes of the first debate. However, Clinton seemed to have no trouble standing for longer debates during the primary, although she was late returning to the stage from the bathroom during a commercial break in a December 2015 debate.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are easy ways to prop someone up for a prolonged period of time. It'd actually be more challenging to deal with repeatedly standing and sitting and walking.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Kasich had a hard time with the long form debates, he always looked like he wasn't sure whether or not he pissed his pants:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Standing up and sitting down several times might be more stressful for her than just standing.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Scenes from the Clinton camp prepping for the first debate...
    Insert broom stick... Check
    rivet broom stick to floor... Check
    Remote electric prod to wake Hillary up after prolonged garble of Trump... Check

*False flag alert!*
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    *False flag alert!*
    No doubt, it wouldn't surprise me if something happened in such a way that the debate was then done via remotely. They would find someone like Gotomeetings.com to sponsor it so facilitate each candidate skyping it out.

Yeah for the first video conferenced debate. It would be HEWWWGLY historic, like Kennedy and Nixon's first live televised debate.

I could see DJ Donmaster Trump strategically rambling about all kinds of insane sh!t just to throw her off lol

It would be a fine line and easily crossed, but if he's well-rested and sharp he could pull it off.

I got a feeling he's licking his chops right now... like a vulture with his eye on dinner.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 09-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I could see DJ Donmaster Trump strategically rambling about all kinds of insane sh!t just to throw her off lol

It would be a fine line and easily crossed, but if he's well-rested and sharp he could pull it off.

I got a feeling he's licking his chops right now... like a vulture with his eye on dinner.
    hey how come you never respond to my private messages?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    There are easy ways to prop someone up for a prolonged period of time. It'd actually be more challenging to deal with repeatedly standing and sitting and walking.
    That depends on what ails you. If you're suffering from back problems the opposite could be true.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    hey how come you never respond to my private messages?
    ahh... sorry. I thought I had PM's disabled. Did you have a question? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    No commercial break is scheduled for the debate on Monday - they will be standing at a podium for two hours.
    No coughing breaks, or stools, either! I suppose she won't need a potty break since she'll likely wear a catheter or a diaper.

Trump-Clinton Debate Rules Leaked: 90 Minutes Straight, No Step-Stool, & No Coughing Breaks Allowed
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...-coughing-brea
    If presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton slips into a coughing fit or any other medical crisis during Monday's high-stakes debate, she will have to power through, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"There are no commercial breaks," a commission source explains. "Period."

Debate moderator Lester Holt does not have the authority to cut away from the stage during the epic 90-minute showdown.

And microphone audio for either of the candidates is not to be manipulated.
    Monday's throwdown could top out at 100 million viewers, making it the biggest political event in history.

Finally Drudge notes that Hillary wanted a step-stool:
    The presidential debate commission settled an early flashpoint when Clinton demanded a step-stool at the podium to add height to her 5'4" frame. Campaign Chairman John Podesta expressed concern that Hillary would be dwarfed by 6'2" Trump.

The request was quickly rejected.

The commission is allowing for a custom-made podium, which will accommodate the difference in stature.
    Grab your popcorn, this is going to be fun...
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

From an article today, Clinton's camp is being allowed to create a custom podium for the debate. That's bullcrap. No telling what that will entail. I'm sure plenty of things for her to hang onto.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That depends on what ails you. If you're suffering from back problems the opposite could be true.
    Not really. Couple of injections, wrap her up with boning and a brace. That would be impossible to sit in, and obvious if she were to bend over, but standing up the whole time (partially obscured by a podium)? Doable.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.