Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Live updates: Alabama Senate race

They will now dig up false accusers with sex charges against ALL our candidates, they did a trial run with salacious rumors about Rand when the freak attacked him, it appears that Republican women are just stupid enough for it to work.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

8,000 votes separate them with 98.9 counted.

Although it's unlikely, well, most of those votes are in the county with Birmingham. And Birmingham, or Jefferson County, is 70/30 Jones. It's possible, unlikely but possible, that there are Moore precincts left. I mean, Jones currently is up by 71K in Jefferson County. If there are Moore precincts still out in Jefferson County - counties that are similar to the counties to the North and East, he could make up the margin. Again, it's not likely, but if the precincts that are out are just like the county to the north or the county to the east, he could make up 8K votes.

Jefferson County
    134 Trump
    156 Clinton

now
    jefferson county

132 Jones
    55 moore

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They will now dig up false accusers with sex charges against ALL our candidates, they did a trial run with salacious rumors about Rand when the freak attacked him, it appears that Republican women are just stupid enough for it to work.
    Yeah, it'll now become a "go to" tactic. Count on it.

I'm going to be filing to run in a few weeks. Hopefully since I'm just running for representative on a small scale I won't face those kinds of allegations. It's pretty scary that so many people believe allegations that aren't backed up by any evidence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Selma Alabama is in Dallas County, the results for which you can see here:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/re...ore-doug-jones

Total votes (combined, for both candidates) in Dallas County were ~14,000.

Fake news
    Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Looked it up. Nope. Wrong.

dallas county - population 41131
    selma alabama - population 18963

dallas county votes

There were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that.
    WaPo and CNN say it was an anonymous source from the UK, known only as Richard A.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Precincts reporting: 99.3%

Jones 654,072

Moore 639,564 votes

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Precincts reporting: 100.0%

Jones 670,551 votes

Moore 649,240 votes

Other 22,777 votes

It's all over unless there are recounts or lawsuits.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    WaPo and CNN say it was an anonymous source from the UK, known only as Richard A.
    So, as parocks said:

"there were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that"

Do you now agree...? Because you were claiming vote fraud a few minutes ago.

Precincts reporting: 100.0%

Jones 670,551 votes

Moore 649,240 votes

Other 22,777 votes

It's all over unless there are recounts or lawsuits.
    Please, at least die with dignity.

So, as parocks said:

"there were 14K votes in Dallas County. There is a population of 41K in Dallas County. It doesn't seem out of the ordinary, based on that"

Do you now agree...? Because you were claiming vote fraud a few minutes ago.
    Check his link where he first reported it. Very informative!

Please, at least die with dignity.
    We are not born with any dignity, there is no need to die with any.

Moore will know better than I if he should go the recount/lawsuit route but if there are grounds for it he should.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

By the way @Brian4Liberty,

Where's Bryan? I haven't seen him in some time.

He still owns RPF, no?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Trump made robo calls and RM still lost?

Bad omen. Which one played bigger role in this GOP defeat, Trump's Israel embassy call or Ivanka's child rights call? Or was it something else like Flynn/Kushner scandals?
    Assuming following are not fakenews.

Chris Matthews: Trump Is Moving Capital To Jerusalem For Roy Moore

“And a couple more points about this. Don’t think this isn’t related to Alabama next week. It is related. It is the Christian evangelicals down there with their crazy ideas about Israel, which is, I don’t know, mythical,” Matthews stated.
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/ch...for-roy-moore/

Ivanka Trump: 'Special Place in Hell for People Who Prey on Children'

insider.foxnews.com/.../ivanka-trump-reacts-roy-moore-special-place-hell-people-pre...
    Nov 15, 2017 - At a public appearance in South Jersey, Ivanka Trump spoke to the Associated Press about the sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Roy Moore (R-Ala.).
    there was some sort of sex thing. Moore was accused without any proof of trying to have sex with 14 year old and failing 40 years ago. They apparently talk about it a lot on TV. And polls were inaccurate.

There's a general overwhelming context of sex stuff, Franken, Conyers, etc. and all the Hollywood stuff. That's basically it, voters said "not that right now, thanks".

Which means that Trump has to arrest all the Pizzagaters. What is the statute of limitations on rapes? Can Bill Clinton be arrested? He's got rape victims showing up to events, they'd love to testify.

Moore will know better than I if he should go the recount/lawsuit route but if there are grounds for it he should.
    Just say Russia did it a bunch of times.

I think I'm sick of the regent.

I think I want to talk to the king.

@Bryan

We are not born with any dignity, there is no need to die with any.

For an automatic recount, the margin of victory must be less than one half of one percent. Moore not conceding yet- will decide on asking for a recount tomorrow. I believe absentee ballots are not counted yet either. (May be counted but not included- they were due in five days ago).

Alabama US Senate General Election

Doug Jones (Democratic) 50% 670,460
    Roy S Moore (Republican) 48.3% 648,454
    Write-In (Write-in) 1.7% 22,773
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/12/alabam...atest-who-won/

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    For an automatic recount, the margin of victory must be less than one half of one percent. Moore not conceding yet- will decide on asking for a recount tomorrow. I believe absentee ballots are not counted yet either. (May be counted but not included- they were due in five days ago).

Really?

That hasn't even occurred to me.

There's a general overwhelming context of sex stuff, Franken, Conyers, etc. and all the Hollywood stuff. That's basically it, voters said "not that right now, thanks".

Which means that Trump has to arrest all the Pizzagaters.

Yea that could be the case.

Which means that Trump has to arrest all the Pizzagaters.
    Ironically now Dems are trying to go after Trump too.

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand calls on Trump to resign
    CNN Mon December 11, 2017

Former Fox News employee: Trump tried to kiss me on the lips

honestly i was hoping moore would win so i could insult his supporters as he voted for intervention and more spending. Oh well. I guess the Alabama voters didn't want a taliban-leaning senator this time around

Yep.
    Gina Gentry Loudon‏Verified account @RealDrGina 4m4 minutes ago

The establishment GOP and the left have successfully established that all races from this moment on will involve sexual allegations. Well done, swamp! Way to be smarmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yep.
    The only good that may come of this is if they overuse the sex angle and people stop listening to them at all.

KENTUCKIANS YOU MUST GET RID OF McConnell

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

One down, one to go (any one will do).

50-50 (Rand as the deciding vote).

..If you're in an extreme minority, can't pass anything, what you want is a stupid Dem, who will vote against everything the GOP does.

Dig it?

Mitch: "You got to vote for it."
    Rand: "Get $#@!ed."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

It will be fun watching the explosion if the absentee vote turns this into a "Dewey Wins" moment.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It will be fun watching the explosion if the absentee vote turns this into a "Dewey Wins" moment.
    If only. But he needs 21K more without Jones getting any. For practical purposes it's over but considering what they've put him through I hope he fights it to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The only good that may come of this is if they overuse the sex angle and people stop listening to them at all.

KENTUCKIANS YOU MUST GET RID OF McConnell
    I'll go tell em, but who's gonna believe McConnell ever had a boner?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

They scared the darkies into a frenzy with their typical lowbrow tactics. Dez gona bing back savery! I'm sorry to say that the Jewish bankers have institutionalized slavery, irrespective of color. ROFL

This minority upswing reminds me of the open primary debacle that propelled the nearly comatose Thad Cochrane over McDaniel.
    Last edited by AuH20; 12-12-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Looks like the absentee ballots were actually the first numbers reported and are in the final account. http://www.fox10tv.com/story/3705334...-mobile-county

Or maybe not. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politi...est/index.html

However, there are still votes to be counted, including absentee and military ballots.
    Jones ahead by about 22,000 votes.

Info based on exit polls for who turned out:

http://www.readingeagle.com/ap/artic...late=mobileart

Early exit polls - which can be wrong - have shown some encouraging signs for Jones, the Democrat.

Jones, for instance, needed strong turnout from African-American voters; in early exit polls, it appeared that black turnout might be slightly higher than the levels in 2012 and 2008, when Barack Obama was on the ballot. African-Americans made up 28 percent of the electorate in 2008, and 29 percent in 2012. In this election, they make up about 3 in 10 Alabama voters so far on Election Day according to preliminary exit polls.

By contrast, white evangelical voters seemed to make up a smaller percentage of the electorate this year than they had in past elections. That group made up just over 4 in 10 voters this year, compared with 47 percent of the state's electorate in both 2012 and 2008 presidential elections, according to Alabama exit polls.

"They're coming out," said Kim Payton, a city councilwoman in the town of Hayneville, Alabama - meaning black voters. Hayneville is located in the state's "black belt" - rural area named for its dark soils, which also has a strong contingent of African American voters.
    Other exit polls seemed to indicate that this electorate would be different than the one that came to the polls in November 2016. Trump, for instance, won Alabama with 62 percent of the vote in 2016. But preliminary exit polls Tuesday found that just under half of Alabamians approve of Trump's performance, while about an identical share disapprove. About 4 in 10 voters say they "strongly disapprove" of Trump, compared with just over 3 in 10 who "strongly approve."

Another hopeful sign for Jones: more Alabama voters identified as liberal in preliminary exit polls than they had in either the 2008 or 2012 presidential elections in the state. Almost a quarter of special election voters call themselves liberal, higher than 16 percent in presidential election exit polls in 2012 election and 12 percent in the 2008 election, the two most recent years where data are available.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-12-2017 at 11:57 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast