Thread: TX-Man arrested, mug shot on TV, jailed, for kitty litter cops said was meth

Exclamation TX-Man arrested, mug shot on TV, jailed, for kitty litter cops said was meth

Deputies mistake kitty litter for meth; after 3 days in jail, suspect cleared

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/news...ared/637136576

Mug shot, news release on drug bust sent out, before test reveals kittly litter

(KETK) A Houston man has been cleared of a drug charge after authorities realized he'd been arrested for possession of kitty litter.

"They thought they had the biggest bust in Harris County," Ross LeBeau said. "This was the bust of the year for them."

A traffic stop in early December led to the discovery of almost half a pound of what deputies believed to be methamphetamine.

The deputies arrested LeBeau and sent out a press release, including a mug shot, describing the bust.

According to authorities, the arrest was due to deputies finding a sock filled with what they believed to be methamphetamine. It was actually kitty litter that LeBeau kept in his car to reduce fog in his windows.

After the arrest, LeBeau was fingerprinted and booked into a jail where he spent three days before being released.

The problem came after two field tests, performed by deputies, came back positive for meth.

Later a third test was conducted by the county's forensic lab which revealed that the kitty litter was not a controlled substance. The case was later dismissed.

Although LeBeau says the accusation caused him to lose work, he doesn't blame the deputies. According to LeBeau's attorney the field tests could have been the problem.

"Ultimately it might be bad testing equipment that they need to re-evaluate," attorney George Reul said.

(This is why we live in a police state. - AF)

Currently, Lebeau will work to expunge his record.

"I was wrongly accused," LeBeau said. "I'm going to do everything in my power to clear my name”…by Haley Hoar, hhoar@easttexasmatters.com
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Although LeBeau says the accusation caused him to lose work, he doesn't blame the deputies. According to LeBeau's attorney the field tests could have been the problem.
    Make Field Tests Great Again
    "The Patriarch"

He doesn't even think the cops did anything wrong.

revealed that the kitty litter was not a controlled substance. The case was later dismissed.

Currently, Lebeau will work to expunge his record.

"I was wrongly accused," LeBeau said. "I'm going to do everything in my power to clear my name”
    He has a criminal record for kitty litter? And has to waste more of his time getting it taken care of?

he doesn't blame the deputies
    SMGDH...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This guy is a shining example of why the majority would calmly walk to a gas chamber if the authorities told them to.

Think of all the children who were protected.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This guy is a shining example of why the majority would calmly walk to a gas chamber if the authorities told them to.
    And thank the nice officer who is herding them in, who is, after all, only doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And thank the nice officer who is herding them in, who is, after all, only doing his job.
    I'm pretty sure we are supposed to refer to them as "Heroes" now. "Officer Friendly" didn't seem to stick. For some reason.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "They thought they had the biggest bust in Harris County," Ross LeBeau said. "This was the bust of the year for them."
    Wonder if they went to his house and found his 8 lb cache of crystals. What a bust!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cr.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	5532
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Later a third test was conducted by the county's forensic lab which revealed that the kitty litter was not a controlled substance.
    Or maybe the third test was wrong
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Just one more expample of how the system works. If you have nothing to hide just comply and you will be cleared. Only guilty people have something to worry about. Innocent people get set free ASAP!

Retards .
    Do something Danke

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Ross LeBeau did this to himself?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

you can get pretty high smoking kitty litter.....

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    you can get pretty high smoking kitty litter.....
    Especially if you don't change it for a couple weeks.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Ross LeBeau did this to himself?
    Well he did put cat litter in a sock in his car.

Just saying.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wonder if they went to his house and found his 8 lb cache of crystals. What a bust!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cr.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	5532
    Not defending the cops here...but I was thinking all along of brown clay "Speedi-Dry" cat litter.

I didn't know they were making cat poop crystals that do look a lot like Hiesenberg Blue.

Not defending the cops here...but I was thinking all along of brown clay "Speedi-Dry" cat litter.

I didn't know they were making cat poop crystals that do look a lot like Hiesenberg Blue.

We all know you're a closet cop lover AF. I'm going to have to add you to my sig if yer not careful.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We all know you're a closet cop lover AF. I'm going to have to add you to my sig if yer not careful.
    Damn. And I'd have ta add yours to mine. lol.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

I suppose that is why they give the cops those fancy scientific tests to use and double check it to make sure. We wouldn't want a silly mistake to ruin someone's life.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I suppose that is why they give the cops those fancy scientific tests to use and double check it to make sure. We wouldn't want a silly mistake to ruin someone's life.
    Just a little collateral damage in the War on Us.

Easy solution to this problem is to ban cat litter that looks like meth
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Easy solution to this problem is to ban cat litter that looks like meth
    why?...you tryin' to eff up my party this week?...

I have cats.. first time I saw this at the store.. just what I thought.. Heisenberg
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heisenberg ?
    ya lost me,, had to look it up..

and we know where that leads.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ok. maybe this is because I live in a desert.... but kitty litter gets rid of foggy windows?????
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Ok. maybe this is because I live in a desert.... but kitty litter gets rid of foggy windows?????
    Yes, a roll of toilet paper is good for this too. Just rub a sock full of kitty litter on your foggy window and the fog gets stuck on the sock/paper.
    Personally I like just having a partial roll of toilet paper in the glove box. It's good for foggy windows and for when it's necessary to make a stop to go behind a bush.