Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hated her original show, Rosanne. Now she's back.

I hated her original show, Rosanne. Now she's back.

And there was much rejoicing. Couldn't have tried a comeback during the Obama era now could she?

ABC's 'Roseanne' to Tackle Trump Era in Sitcom Revival

At Banff, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey says she isn't certain Roseanne Barr will name the U.S. president, but "she's going to speak very honestly."
    Expect comedian Roseanne Barr to tackle Donald Trump and the current reality of ordinary Americans when a revival of her popular family sitcom debuts on ABC mid-season.

ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey just isn't certain Barr will personally identify the U.S. president. "I don't know whether Roseanne (Barr) will speak about Trump by name. But she's going to speak very honestly," Dungey told the Banff World Media Festival on Monday during a keynote address.

"We're going to be tackling some of the topics that are in the conversation today. I'll leave it that," she added.

..blargh, blargh, blargh......
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...evival-1012574

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, about right...the strange thing is the blue collar working class family they were trying to show in the original show in 1990, would more than likely be Trump folks in 2017.

I see they are going to use the same cast.

I figured they'd portray Dan as being dead and Roseanne having moved in with her lesbian second wife.

Roseanne is a big Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Zuh?

Support for Donald Trump
    Despite her generally leftist views, Barr voiced her support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in a June 2016 The Hollywood Reporter interview. "I think we would be so lucky if Trump won. Because then it wouldn't be Hillary."[85] A July CNN story reported that she did not endorse Trump as she only supports herself for president -- "I will be writing myself in in every election from now until I win."[86]
    I'll be $#@!ed...

Lol I thought this would be about Megyn Kelly but I see it is about a host who looks a little different.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yeah, about right...the strange thing is the blue collar working class family they were trying to show in the original show in 1990, would more than likely be Trump folks in 2017.

I see they are going to use the same cast.

I figured they'd portray Dan as being dead and Roseanne having moved in with her lesbian second wife.
    That's pretty much how the series ended iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That's pretty much how the series ended iirc.
    No $#@!, really?

I was just being facetious.

No $#@!, really?

I was just being facetious.
    The show got weird. Her Mom turned gay, and Dan was dead. The lesbian lover is the natural progression.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The show got weird. Her Mom turned gay, and Dan was dead. The lesbian lover is the natural progression.
    Oh, you mean it followed the script for shows that run out ideas?

Kill a bunch of characters off and turn some of the rest into finooks.

Don't forget they won the lottery, I think they were trying to have a shark jumping contest.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm looking forward to more hotness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Roseanne is very anti-establishment.

http://911truthnews.com/roseanne-barr-for-911-truth/

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne/...96777754054657
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-13-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Roseanne is very anti-establishment.

http://911truthnews.com/roseanne-barr-for-911-truth/
    She ran for the Green Party nomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    She ran for the Green Party nomination.
    She was subsequently the Peace & Freedom nominee for 2012..

http://www.peaceandfreedom2012.org/
    Last edited by anaconda; 06-13-2017 at 05:24 AM.

She was subsequently the Peace & Freedom nominee for 2012..

I didn't know that.

We fight for the things all working people need: free education, from pre-school through university; an end to U.S. intervention throughout the world; free health care for all, such as enjoyed by workers in every other industrialized nation in the world; full employment at union wages, with generous paid vacation and other benefits. Workers, both documented and undocumented, have the right to organize, safe working conditions, and paid sick leave. We can pay for these things if the rich are taxed at rates they can well afford.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HA! I love Johnny Carson! He got me into wine.

Every Friday night my parents would let me watch Johnny Carson in bed with them and I would go fix us all a snack and a glass of "stoodie woodie" (chilled Blue Nun). My mom didn't approve (she was worried that I would spill it in their bed) but my dad would tell her to leave me alone. I never spilled any, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post

Every Friday night my parents would let me watch Johnny Carson in bed with them and I would go fix us all a snack and a glass of "stoodie woodie" (chilled Blue Nun). My mom didn't approve (she was worried that I would spill it in their bed) but my dad would tell her to leave me alone. I never spilled any, btw.
    If you tried that today, and anybody found out about it, you'd get hauled off to prison.

Freedom...

If you tried that today, and anybody found out about it, you'd get hauled off to prison.

Freedom...
    They would've gone to prison way before that, lol. My second oldest brother fell out of the car when my mom was turning onto our street. I remember my mom fussing at him in the hospital about how he shouldn't have been screwing around in the car. That woman...if you got hurt, she yelled at you. o_O

How many facelifts has she gotten at this point?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Don't forget they won the lottery, I think they were trying to have a shark jumping contest.
    But didn't that turn out to be a dream?

In the beginning I liked it because it was relatable. Middle class, overweight, getting laid off, kids that fought....not that sitcoms are genius to begin with, but in the beginning it was more relatable than most. But it got really stupid at the end.

She's also an Israel-firster.

I think it's funny how Sarah Chalke was the replacement Becky for like one season, and she went on to have a better career afterward than everyone else on the show with the possible exception of Goodman.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    That woman...if you got hurt, she yelled at you. o_O
    Same here....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

My dad won't even let me drink the Lager cans in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    My dad won't even let me drink the Lager cans in the fridge.
    Do you spill or wet the bed?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Do you spill or wet the bed?
    I guess 16 is too young

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    I guess 16 is too young
    So that's a yes, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I think it's funny how Sarah Chalke was the replacement Becky for like one season, and she went on to have a better career afterward than everyone else on the show with the possible exception of Goodman.
    Goodman has had an outstanding career in the years since, I think.

She's also an Israel-firster.
    Why do I always read "fister" when the word is clearly "firster?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast