Thread: Trump Calls It 'Sad' That N.Y. Bombing Suspect Gets Medical Care, Lawyer

Trump Calls It 'Sad' That N.Y. Bombing Suspect Gets Medical Care, Lawyer

Trump Calls It 'Sad' That N.Y. Bombing Suspect Gets Medical Care, Lawyer

Donald Trump said at a campaign rally Monday that it's "sad" that the suspect in the weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey will receive medical attention and legal representation.

The GOP presidential nominee told a crowd near Fort Myers, Fla., that it was due to the work of law enforcement that the "evil thug who planted the bombs" was caught. Ahmad Khan Rahami was arrested Monday after being injured in a gun battle with police in Linden, N.J. He is suspected to have planted pressure-cooker bombs over the weekend that injured 29 people in New York's Chelsea neighborhood.

"But the bad part," Trump continued, "now we will give him amazing hospitalization. He will be taken care of by some of the best doctors in the world. He will be given a fully modern and updated hospital room. And he'll probably even have room service, knowing the way our country is."

He added, "And on top of all that, he will be represented by an outstanding lawyer. His case will go through the various court systems for years and, in the end, people will forget and his punishment will not be what it once would have been. What a sad situation. We must have speedy, but fair trails and we must deliver a just and very harsh punishment to these people."
    http://www.npr.org/2016/09/19/494633...al-care-lawyer
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    You know his a bit right.
    So- guilty until proved innocent?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    You know his a bit right.
    No, he's not. Are you one of those Republicans who talks about how sacred the Constitution is until it doesn't suit your agenda?

I would have aimed for the head. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I agree with you. Trump is out of line here. He can suggest that the judicial process work fast and fair to bring this suspect to justice, but to condemn him before he is found guilty is poor form.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    I agree with you. Trump is out of line here. He can suggest that the judicial process work fast and fair to bring this suspect to justice, but to condemn him before he is found guilty is poor form.
    The actual quoted part seems to agree with what you said he can suggest.

The "kind of right" point is that this person will get "free" medical care to a standard many people are not getting, and he'll also have a drawn out trial with oodles of appeals for something that should carry a death penalty/life in prison sentence by the time they hash out the charges. Those are not benefits the average injured person and the average accused person gets.

Of course, Trump will use the opportunity to suggest entirely wrong-minded "solutions" to these problems.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The actual quoted part seems to agree with what you said he can suggest.

The "kind of right" point is that this person will get "free" medical care to a standard many people are not getting, and he'll also have a drawn out trial with oodles of appeals for something that should carry a death penalty/life in prison sentence by the time they hash out the charges. Those are not benefits the average injured person and the average accused person gets.

Of course, Trump will use the opportunity to suggest entirely wrong-minded "solutions" to these problems.
    I'm not against the suspect getting free medical care while he awaits arraingment, but I agree that the way these trials get drawn out are ridiculous simply because it is a high public profile case. Trump should stick with that point and stop beating his chest, but unfortunately he's demonstrating his signature moxie which is typical for many New Yorkers I know.
    Last edited by TER; 09-19-2016 at 07:44 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    I would have aimed for the head. Just saying.
    Well it would be incredibly stupid, as it might be of importance to keep him alive in order to gain more information about his influences, connections, and training (if any)

I doubt the majority of working people who actually pay tax will have much in disagreement with what he said .

Did you read the last paragraph?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No. The trump haters didn't make it that far before they wanted to impart their intelligence and hatred upon us.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Of course I did- Trump is still presuming the guy is guilty.

He added, "And on top of all that, he will be represented by an outstanding lawyer. His case will go through the various court systems for years and, in the end, people will forget and his punishment will not be what it once would have been. What a sad situation. We must have speedy, but fair trails and we must deliver a just and very harsh punishment to these people."
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    No. The trump haters didn't make it that far before they wanted to impart their intelligence and hatred upon us.
    Yes, I did read it- and I have no hatred toward Trump supporters- only hate the insults and innuendoes.
    There is no spoon.

so what if the guy was shot dead?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

lol.. no the part after that about speedy but fair trials.. He is personally presuming he is guilty based on the evidence, but he still says he should get his day in court but that it should be speedy and fair. He's allowed to have a personal opinion about the case, he didn't say that the guy should just be found guilty automatically or anything about a military tribunal..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The suspect in this case looks pretty light skin and has almost "all American" look in photos. This light skin actual suspected terrorist who apparently was armed was taken alive by cops and will be afforded a lawyer and medical care. This is in sharp contrast to how lawyering up of family of an unarmed black skin color mother was handeled by Obama administration soon after she was execucted by cops near the White House for driving erratically and too close to WH. The cops got standaing ovation from Congress and silent acceptance from DGP.
    It is sad, wondering why discrimination agencies/hate crime investigators/BLM etc have not taken a look at this glaring double standard yet.

Lawyer representing family of Miriam Carey arrested

Miriam Carey, inset, as emergency personal help an injured person near the shooting close to the U.S. Capitol building in Wash., D.C.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63lPB...layer_embedded

Light Skin suspected terrorist arrested alive by cops, will be given lawyer & medical care:

Black unarmed suspect mother executed near White House, cops get standing ovation from Congress, her family's lawyer arrested after he talked on TV about legal action

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Happens all the time.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Shoot-Him-Dead

My POINT is that we should all be concerned with the "presumed guilty before proven innocent" POV. It wasn't particularly about Trump- just that this is fairly prominent in the US today.

It is a direct assault against personal liberty.
    There is no spoon.

It is sad. We shouldn't change our system of justice because of it, but in this instance that system isn't fair.

Are people forgetting that Trump wants to summarily execute people? Even individuals like Edward Snowden? Read between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Are people forgetting that Trump wants to summarily execute people? Even individuals like Edward Snowden? Read between the lines.
    Short memory I guess.

After the brutal rape of a white jogger in Central Park in May 1989 received widespread media attention, and amid a rise in crime rates nationwide, Trump took out a full-age ad in four New York City newspapers with the title “BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY! BRING BACK THE POLICE!”
    One of the first things I’d do in terms of executive order if I win would be to sign a strong, strong statement that will go out to the country, out to the world, that anybody caught killing a policeman, policewoman, police officer, anybody killing a police officer: death penalty. It’s gonna happen. OK? We can’t let this go.

We must have speedy, but fair trails and we must deliver a just and very harsh punishment to these people.
    Like a line out of a western movie. Give him a proper trial before we hang him.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Well then who would we have to torture, silly??!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.