Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WalMart Warns Truckers It Will No Longer Work With Them If They Move Goods For Amazon

WalMart Warns Truckers It Will No Longer Work With Them If They Move Goods For Amazon

SANCTIONS! All your trucks are belong to us!
    It Begins: WalMart Warns Truckers It Will No Longer Work With Them If They Move Goods For Amazon

The cold war between America's two largest retailers just turned hot.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And I'm sure Amazon's response will be "We don't care who you haul with, we just need our stuff moved", and Wal-Mart will do what it has always done, strong-arm people into doing what it wants...

If Wal-Mart were to disappear tomorrow I think the biggest blow to our society will be that http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ will no longer have new content.
    The second biggest blow will be that lots of people living pretty far from society will see their property values tank as the absence of the box store will make rural living as rural as it was 30 years ago.

In other words, I can't wait for it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Amazon supports internet taxation. eBay does not.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    And I'm sure Amazon's response will be "We don't care who you haul with, we just need our stuff moved", and Wal-Mart will do what it has always done, strong-arm people into doing what it wants...

If Wal-Mart were to disappear tomorrow I think the biggest blow to our society will be that http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/ will no longer have new content.
    The second biggest blow will be that lots of people living pretty far from society will see their property values tank as the absence of the box store will make rural living as rural as it was 30 years ago.

In other words, I can't wait for it.
    As a seller, i hate Amazon. Walmart will allow anybody to sell in their stores, provided you can give them a product their customers will want at the price their customers want.

Amazon won't allow small sellers like me to sell CDs, movies, toys, clothing, .....there's a long list of "gated" categories and brands. I hate seeing them succeed, because while Walmart brought prices down, Amazon is going to drive them up.

That's not very nice. Walmart made their original fortunes catering to underserved rural communities. Why on Earth do you hate rural people?

Job Title Walmart Salary
    Walmart Cashier - Hourly $9.33/hr
    Assistant Store Manager $47,180
    Guest Service Team Member - Cashier - Hourly $9.17/hr

Job Title Amazon Salary
    Warehouse Associate $12.53/hr
    Amazon Warehouse Worker $12.40/hr
    Process Assistant $15.39/hr
    Stower $12.31/hr

Walmart sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    Job Title Walmart Salary

Job Title Amazon Salary
    Stower $12.31/hr

Walmart sucks
    Liberals suck harder. Why aren't you comparing Walmart warehouse worker salaries to Amazon warehouse worker salaries? I'll wait.

Higher labor costs = higher prices. I hate high prices.

Not to mention that I lots of tax returns for Walmart employees and I didn't see anybody making less than $15 an hour. Of course, that's in Michigan. But it's not like we don't have a surplus of workers here.
    Last edited by angelatc; 06-28-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Job Title Walmart Salary

Job Title Amazon Salary
    Stower $12.31/hr

Walmart sucks
    So don't shop there if you don't like how much they pay.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So don't shop there if you don't like how much they pay.
    Sleight of hand. Amazon cashier salary is 0. Meanwhile, Walmart warehouse workers earn about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Sleight of hand. Amazon cashier salary is 0. Meanwhile, Walmart warehouse workers earn about the same.
    You can't exactly compare salaries without knowing the locale is identical either, a lot of those Walmart jobs are in rural areas with lower costs of living.

Both Walmart and Amazon are useful to me. Amazon is good for $#@! that has a use for me, but I really don't need right away. Like bike upgrades, and vaporizers. Walmart the opposite, and car tires. I've been using Tire Rack for the last 5 sets of tires I've needed, but this time Walmart blew them away on tire cost + mounting.

Walmart's low-wage workers cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance including food stamps, Medicaid and subsidized housing, according to a report published to coincide with Tax Day, April 15.

Walmart's low-wage workers cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $6.2 billion in public assistance including food stamps, Medicaid and subsidized housing, according to a report published to coincide with Tax Day, April 15.
    Anti-free market liberals always get it just backwards. Public assistance enables Walmart, not vice versa.

Gee, I wonder how Walmart is going to transport it's products.

Anti-free market liberals always get it just backwards. Public assistance enables Walmart, not vice versa.
    i am 80years old , but i get it now " enables " is another word for welfare to companies .

Amazon won't allow small sellers like me to sell CDs, movies, toys, clothing, .....there's a long list of "gated" categories and brands. I hate seeing them succeed, because while Walmart brought prices down, Amazon is going to drive them up.
    IF that happens, then either someone will come along and convince the federal government to keep Amazon in power... or Amazon will get undercut by someone else and will go out of business.
    I understand you hating Amazon: I hate Ebay equally. At one point Ebay straight up stole money from me. They had a policy, and they followed it, and I got to mouth off to them and let them know exactly how their policy stole money from me, and it was under $20 so that's that. I still use them because they are one of two places where I can search for just about anything I can conceive of and find it.

Walmart doesn't have Chinese SCR controllers in the 10kw range. They don't have cheap diamond hones. They don't have on-demand video. If they had any of those things I'd probably shop there more, but until then.... I can get in and out of Target with about 800% less hassle.

That's not very nice. Walmart made their original fortunes catering to underserved rural communities. Why on Earth do you hate rural people?
    I spent most of last week driving through parts of West Virginia that are known primarily for having a Walmart, so I know exactly what you're saying. I also know that those areas are more densely populated than they were before Walmart. The two are connected, and yes, I would rather see those population densities go down coincident with Walmart disappearing. Or at least shift from a population reliant on on-demand malt liquor and fishing bait, to a population that doesn't need that $#@!.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i am 80years old , but i get it now " enables " is another word for welfare to companies .
    If only there were some study of money and behavior that could have predicted such an outcome. Some discipline devoted to understanding the production, consumption, and transfer of wealth.

It is obligated to pay as little for possible for everything, including labor. If they can get other people (read: taxpayer) to subsidize their labor costs, damned straight they're going to. If they can get those same people to spend their food stamp money in their store as well, that's a win-win.

You hate the players, while I hate the game. Probably more accurately: you hate the gamers, I hate the game.

Cut off public assistance and wages would rise.

IF that happens, then either someone will come along and convince the federal government to keep Amazon in power... or Amazon will get undercut by someone else and will go out of business.
    I understand you hating Amazon: I hate Ebay equally. At one point Ebay straight up stole money from me. They had a policy, and they followed it, and I got to mouth off to them and let them know exactly how their policy stole money from me, and it was under $20 so that's that. I still use them because they are one of two places where I can search for just about anything I can conceive of and find it.

Walmart doesn't have Chinese SCR controllers in the 10kw range. They don't have cheap diamond hones. They don't have on-demand video. If they had any of those things I'd probably shop there more, but until then.... I can get in and out of Target with about 800% less hassle.

I spent most of last week driving through parts of West Virginia that are known primarily for having a Walmart, so I know exactly what you're saying. I also know that those areas are more densely populated than they were before Walmart. The two are connected, and yes, I would rather see those population densities go down coincident with Walmart disappearing. Or at least shift from a population reliant on on-demand malt liquor and fishing bait, to a population that doesn't need that $#@!.
    Wow. Because to me, drinking and fishing all day sounds pretty freaking awesome.

Wow. Because to me, drinking and fishing all day sounds pretty freaking awesome.
    And I didn't drive by places like this with people living in it every time I'm in WV, I'd say they should do all the drinking and fishing they want.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    And I didn't drive by places like this with people living in it every time I'm in WV, I'd say they should do all the drinking and fishing they want.

Blackflies much?

Wrong. You're getting Walmart confused with Government. Walmart provides government revenue. Government spends it.

Amazon supports internet taxation. eBay does not.
    I hardly ever get my stuff when I order from ebay. It's about 50/50. For instance, just this week some cat cancelled his ebay account and never shipped my two orders. Yet he got my money and ran with it. So now I have to go through ebay for a refund. That oughtta be interesting since I ordered both things as a guest. Then a couple weeks back some guy was listing things he didn't even have since he was drop-shipping discontinued stuff and not checking to see if they were still being offered by the manufacturer. Again, I had to go through ebay for a refund. That was 190 bucks that was gone for a week from my account. No only that, but the scoundrel recorded the refund as a cancellation on my part instead of the fact that he never even had it. So my bank looks down on me for that. Luckily I didn't get hit with a cancellation fee. Very inconvenient, ebay is. The worst part is that the sellers tend to act like the buyers are the bad guys. Scwewy. Then there was that 128gb Samsung sd card that turned out to be a 25mb fake.

Heck , I hate taxes just as much as the next guy but at least amazon doesn't let its platform become a place for shysters to set up camp and squat until the next sucker comes along.

Screw ebay.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-28-2017 at 01:55 PM.

If only there were some study of money and behavior that could have predicted such an outcome. Some discipline devoted to understanding the production, consumption, and transfer of wealth.

It is obligated to pay as little for possible for everything, including labor. If they can get other people (read: taxpayer) to subsidize their labor costs, damned straight they're going to. If they can get those same people to spend their food stamp money in their store as well, that's a win-win.

You hate the players, while I hate the game. Probably more accurately: you hate the gamers, I hate the game.

Cut off public assistance and wages would rise.
    i agree , give the money to people ( better wages ) and you will see the multiplier effect ( velocity of money ) , giving it to big business does very little to help .

I don't shop e-bay, Wal-mart or Amazon nor do I have a Pay-pal account. My FRNs are spent as FRNs locally at lcoal shops for the most part. Every now and then I'll order something online direct and pay with my debit. All that $#@! is too much hassle and or cheap crappy junk. I do however shop at Harbor Frieght so I guess I'm not a saint or purist by any standard.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    I hardly ever get my stuff when I order from ebay. It's about 50/50. For instance, just this week some cat cancelled his ebay account and never shipped my two orders. Yet he got my money and ran with it. So now I have to go through ebay for a refund. That oughtta be interesting since I ordered both things as a guest. Then a couple weeks back some guy was listing things he didn't even have since he was drop-shipping discontinued stuff and not checking to see if they were still being offered by the manufacturer. Again, I had to go through ebay for a refund. That was 190 bucks that was gone for a week from my account. No only that, but the scoundrel recorded the refund as a cancellation on my part instead of the fact that he never even had it. So my bank looks down on me for that. Luckily I didn't get hit with a cancellation fee. Very inconvenient, ebay is. The worst part is that the sellers tend to act like the buyers are the bad guys. Scwewy. Then there was that 128gb Samsung sd card that turned out to be a 25mb fake.

Heck , I hate taxes just as much as the next guy but at least amazon doesn't let its platform become a place for shysters to set up camp and squat until the next sucker comes along.

Screw ebay.
    50/50??

I've probably ordered at least 120 things on ebay in the last 16 years and have never, ever, ever not received an item or even had any problems what-so-ever. The worst thing that happened was I bought a tv remote control holder for my dad and it smelled like cig smoke for a couple months.

50/50?????

Do you check the feedback rating of the seller before you buy? I'm not even very good at doing that unless it's something kinda expensive.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Gratefully , I am a 1 percenter . The one percent of the population not in Kentucky or West Virginia that does not need Walmart or Amazon and just gets to drink & fish .
    Do something Danke

So, all those people who work at the distribution center up Highway 75 from me are making 'about zero'? And I heard some consider those jobs worth a thirty mile one way commute...

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Wrong. You're getting Walmart confused with Government. Walmart provides government revenue. Government spends it.
    Just because you don't understand what they're saying doesn't make them wrong.

Try this on for size, and see if it's clear enough to introduce you to the concept:

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Corporate welfare.

When I was a kid, McDonald's had to pay their employees a living wage--you know, enough so they could feed, clothe and house themselves. Otherwise, no one would work for them. Now with food stamps, Section 8 and 25% real unemployment, McDonald's can get and keep people without paying them enough for a dog to live on unassisted.

Throw in the Fed destroying real wages every time they print themselves up a few more trillion 'dollars', and the progs insisting that we have to have funny money to protect us from these ever more common, ever more destructive bubbles, and the circle is complete. The progs destroy the poor and pat themselves on the back for being so helpful, and the one percent laugh all the way to their banks.

Progs call corporations evil. Corporations call progs very, very useful idiots.
    So, you see, the corporations pay their taxes and still have change left over, because other people (like you) pay taxes, and those other people (like you) help keep their employees in food and rent so the corporations don't have to pay a living wage. Enough change left over, in fact, to make some nice brib--er, I mean campaign contributions.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-28-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    50/50??

I've probably ordered at least 120 things on ebay in the last 16 years and have never, ever, ever not received an item or even had any problems what-so-ever. The worst thing that happened was I bought a tv remote control holder for my dad and it smelled like cig smoke for a couple months.

50/50?????

Do you check the feedback rating of the seller before you buy? I'm not even very good at doing that unless it's something kinda expensive.
    Yep. 50/50. I've ordered 6 things on Ebay. I've received 3. And that's counting the fake Samsung sd card.

On the other hand, I've ordered hundreds of things on amazon without issue. Although I did want to buy my baby a dark purple acoustic guitar on Amazon that turned out to be a 'seconds' listing that wasn't clearly stated. I asked the seller about it when I saw how cheap they were being listed and learned that they were factory seconds so I ended up buying straight from the manufacturer.

I'm likely gonna buy a DSLR camera and a few pairs of those tight yoga pants I like so much in the next couple months and I guarantee I'll buy them on amazon.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 06-28-2017 at 05:13 PM.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...ticle-1.140129

Study proves it: Walmart super-stores kill off local small businesses

You'd think Walmart would have learned its lesson.

The big-box giant has tried unsuccessfully to sweet-talk its way into our city twice already with promises of jobs, jobs and more jobs. And now it's knocking again, hoping to capitalize on high unemployment and a protracted recession to scare New Yorkers into thinking that Walmart - and Walmart alone - can propel our struggling communities straight to prosperity.

If history is any indication, nothing could be further from the truth. Chicago's struggling West Side learned the hard way that Walmart's stores destroy more retail jobs than they create.

In 2006, the big-box retailer promised to bring jobs to the cash-strapped community. But according to a landmark study by Loyola University, the company's rhetoric didn't match reality: Within two years of Walmart's opening its doors, 82 local stores went out of business.

Instead of growing Chicago's retail economy, Walmart simply overtook it - absorbing sales from other city stores, and shuttering dozens of them in the process.

Researchers at Loyola dubbed Walmart's store a wash - generating no new sales revenue for Chicago, and no new jobs for hard-off residents.

Chicago's cautionary tale isn't isolated. Countless communities, and peer-reviewed surveys across the country, all reach the same conclusion: When Walmart moves in, small businesses, and jobs, move out; Main St. dies.

According to a provisional study by David Neumark, Junfu Zhang and Stephen Ciccarella called "The Effects of Walmart on Local Labor Markets," for every two jobs Walmart "creates," three local jobs are destroyed.

With due respect to Walmart, this is not the kind of economic development neighborhood small businesses need.

Where's the study that tells us how many brick and mortars Amazon has destroyed?

You know they have, right? What's that you say? Don't have one of those? They helped destroy the local retailers which this study said were destroyed only by Wally World? In fact, there's no way to tell how much one corporation contributed to the phenomenon, and how much the other one did?

Look, if you don't have information that bears on the whole topic of the thread, why do you insist on tossing something in on one side of the scales anyway? Are you moonlighting from your Fed shilling to shill for Amazon as well? Or do you just figure dumping on Wally World makes you look proggy and cool?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-28-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast