Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

Iraq/Afghanistan wars disabled 624,000 US troops , Divorces up 42%, Foreclosures up 217%

among militray families and communities.

High human cost on top of $Trillions debt for future generations from neocons blunders of using military force for spreading equality, freedom around the world using false WMD/freedom claims.

Divorce Rate Among Afghanistan, Iraq War Vets Increases by 42 Percent

January 2, 2012|4:29 pm
    The divorce rate among military couples has increased 42 percent throughout the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, a recent study shows, adding to the woes of U.S. military veterans returning from the Middle East who already have to tackle war-related problems like post-traumatic stress disorder and high unemployment rates.

http://global.christianpost.com/news/divorce-rate-among-afghanistan-iraq-war-vets-hits-42-percent-66195/

Military divorce rate increased as families struggle to heal - Kerr ...
    Jul 9, 2013 -Approximately 38 percent of military marriages fail within six months of a veteran returning from a deployment.

The toll of war now includes more amputees - CNN.com

Oct 29, 2012 - More than 624,000 veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan have filed disability claims, Military Times reported in January.... met with Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills, who lost his four limbs in a similar way.

Foreclosures in Military Towns Surge at Four Times U.S. Rate ...

Foreclosure filings in 10 towns and cities within 10 miles of military facilities, including Norfolk, Virginia, home of the Navy's largest base, rose ...

Record Foreclosures Strike Military at Home - Total Bankruptcy
    The foreclosure crisis hits military families hard at home while soldiers are ... But foreclosures in towns near military bases were up an average of 217 percent.

Suicide Rate Among Vets and Active Duty Military Jumps - Now 22 A Day
    www.forbes.com/.../22-the-number-of-veterans-who-now-com...‎

Feb 5, 2013 - Veterans now commit suicide at the rate of 22 a day, or almost one an hour. Almost once an hour – every 65 minutes to be precise – a military veteran commits suicide, says a new investigation by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama care will take care of them.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

SEE!
    FREEDOM isn't FREE...HERE'S THE BILL!

NOW PAY UP!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Doesn't the military roughly 'cycle' through it's forces every 8 years? My marine friend told me this.

Support the Troops.

God damn depressing. That's alot of blood and tears spilt... on both sides.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I wonder what the figures are when British/etc troops are thrown in. /mass scale human tragedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Support the Troops.
    They're being blown up for your Freedomz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Doesn't the military roughly 'cycle' through it's forces every 8 years? My marine friend told me this.
    Heard a Army supported ad on radio todaythat said;"7000 students drop out of high school every day..we are all concerned" and then "how can it be stopped" kind of message.

Was wondering why Army was sponsoring ad with shocking high school drop out stats in ad to educate people about this trend that "concerns us all". Have never heard an Army sposnored ad on radio/TV about high veteran suicide rate, military rapes and any of the other shocking stats as above that also "concern us all".

Human cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    God damn depressing. That's alot of blood and tears spilt... on both sides.
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 08-24-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    That sign would offend many people, not just pro war community. Can't believe this is being sold in America?
    it happens so often, another thing that is a casualty of war- these people's relationships and families suffer too. often with them losing them.
    a guy i went to high school with was a front cover picture in some magazine regarding this topic.
    here is an article on it: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...ies-apart.html
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    it happens so often, another thing that is a casualty of war- these people's relationships and families suffer too. often with them losing them.
    a guy i went to high school with was a front cover picture in some magazine regarding this topic.
    here is an article on it: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...ies-apart.html
    It is a sad situation.

Military divorce rate increased as families struggle to heal - Kerr ...

www.khcgalvestonfamilylaw.com/.../military-divorce-rate-increased-as-f...‎

Jul 9, 2013 -Approximately 38 percent of military marriages fail within six months of a veteran returning from a deployment.

Something very odd showed when looking up current stats, increasing number of divorce attorneys seem to be "targetting" military families. Our "free market" has some strange facets:

As for controversial anti war bumper stickers, following would make a better AW graphic with the right SWC wording:

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Something very odd showed when looking up current stats, increasing number of divorce attorneys seem to be "targetting" military families. Our "free market" has some strange facets:

without the demand, they'd just be wasting money advertising.
    that ad doesn't create a divorce, the trauma's of war and separation from family do.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

You'd have to almost be crazy to serve the empire as a soldier at this point. I know that's a very broad brush to paint with, but seriously, the sacrifices one makes to fight oversees for a corrupt regime are breath-, and all too often life-, taking.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    You'd have to almost be crazy to serve the empire as a soldier at this point. I know that's a very broad brush to paint with, but seriously, the sacrifices one makes to fight oversees for a corrupt regime are breath-, and all too often life-, taking.
    the people I know who have joined where at a dead end in life.
    That is why they always send the poor.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Abusive Army
    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...-abusive-army/
    An Army officer’s wife writes to James Fallows to share some of the pain and frustration that military families endure, and have been enduring, and why the idea of going to war in Syria is so appalling to many of them. You really should read the whole thing. Here’s an excerpt:

As Mr. Russo acknowledged *WE* (service members and their family) are the ones who have “known war” but he seems to gloss over that *WE* are the ones who are actually putting lives on the line and families on the backburner to carry out this adventure. Mr. Russo’s initial statement was abrasive in that it echoes the acts (though not the words) of the President and Congress in ignoring the fact that the military members are living, breathing people with mortgages and babies and retirement dreams who have actually faced and continue to face REAL physical, psychological, financial, social and spiritual consequences for decisions exactly like this one.

Those who don’t follow the Army Times or have active involvement with the military can’t fully appreciate the feelings of frustration, disillusionment and despair that service members feel about everything that is going on, taken as a whole. To sum up everything that I am about to type below: “After everything you are putting us through, why should we go risk our lives for you AGAIN?”

1) We have been constantly at war for more than a decade. My own husband has been deployed seven times and is currently getting ready for his fifth trip to Afghanistan (three of his previous deployments were to Iraq). He is not alone (and, frankly, he’s one of the lucky ones who tends to have a year or more in between deployments.)

2) During the build up/surge, recruitment needs were such that standards dropped to serious lows. Waivers were granted willy-nilly. As a result, the service ended up with a lot of shiftless thugs who have now served long enough to be in leadership positions (or at least positions where they can be obstructionist and demoralizing).

3) The military does everything in its power to keep soldiers deployable, including ignoring injuries and mental health problems. Soldiers basically get two options: quit (and give up your years toward retirement so that you can go in an endless queue and hope that the VA processes your case and gives you treatment) or soldier on in pain.
    Like I said, read the whole thing. The wife says that the Army is like an abusive parent: no matter how badly she treats her children, they still love her.

I would take that one step further. In a democracy, the Army is under control of the people. Ultimately it is we the people, through our elected representatives, who determine the fate of our soldiers. Maybe the Army is an abusive parent, but if you ask me, it’s the country — that is, it’s you and me and all of us who barely give a thought to what our service members and their families live with, and have been living with for a decade — who are the abusive parents.

True, nobody promised that signing up to be a soldier was going to be easy. But why do we have to make it so damn hard for our service members and their families? The idea that the Obama administration is planning merely to lob a few missiles at Assad, and not put boots on the ground, is a self-deception. As the anonymous Army officer’s wife writes:
    Undeniably, any sort of military option in Syria exponentially increases the risk that we are going to have a prolonged or extended military action/presence there. The current administration (and Congress, to fairly share the blame) treats service members like disposable minions.
    If that is true, then the blame devolves down to the American people. The president and the Congress wouldn’t do this if we refused to let them.
    Yeah, the American people can stop them, just like we stopped the banksta bailout, the food "safety" bill, Barry's Big Fascist Medical System, etc.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Support the Troops.
    Its SupportTheTroopsMonday Tweets
    Lets go to war to kill more civilians in the name of Peace and Freedom Scar/

Not only are women and children the only innocent victims of war. So are the 18 - twentysomething young men whose government takes advantage of the hormone surge in the name of patriotism. Great thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast