Thread: Trump claims he asked for 10,000 National Guard troops on January 6

Trump claims he asked for 10,000 National Guard troops on January 6

That grinding sound you hear is Trump throwing his own supporters under the bus....and then backing up over them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...on-day-of-riot
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This news isn't 'new.' Trump wasn't "backing" over anyone. Trump was an 'law and order' POTUS. Given the propensity of the deep state for false flags and agent provocateurs it was a good call. One that Pelosi turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This news isn't 'new.' Trump wasn't "backing" over anyone. Trump was an 'law and order' POTUS. Given the propensity of the deep state for false flags and agent provocateurs it was a good call. One that Pelosi turned down.
    LOL. First I doubt it actually happened. Trump had plenty of time between Jan 1 and March 1 to make a public statement in support of the National Guard. Second, it undercuts the "They were just going into the capital to peacefully register their complaint about the election and there were a few bad apples" narrative being put forward in support of the Trump supporters, many of whom were shown the way in by police. But go ahead and try to spin it.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. First I doubt it actually happened. Trump had plenty of time between Jan 1 and March 1 to make a public statement in support of the National Guard. Second, it undercuts the "They were just going into the capital to peacefully register their complaint about the election and there were a few bad apples" narrative being put forward in support of the Trump supporters, many of whom were shown the way in by police. But go ahead and try to spin it.
    You're spinning it to your narrative, so.... <shrug>.

You're spinning it to your narrative, so.... <shrug>.
    Shrug all you want. Do you have any evidence that Trump made any public statement prior to March 1 about calling for the National Guard? Surely that would have been helpful for his impeachment trial. Your reason why it didn't come up then is what exactly?

Shrug all you want. Do you have any evidence that Trump made any public statement prior to March 1 about calling for the National Guard? Surely that would have been helpful for his impeachment trial. Your reason why it didn't come up then is what exactly?
    Does Trump have to make a public statement? He offered to mobilize N.G. for any number of states to maintain law and order during the hooligans reign of terror. But, much like Nancy and the Capitol Sergeant-at-Arms state governors turned him down. To have had N.G. on standby that day would hardly be out of character. And who gives a damn about the bull$#@! Progressive/ DeepState impeachment agenda? It was a joke just like the Russian Collusion impeachment. And the actors that were the actual perpetrators participated in both.

Bus loads of antifa were dropped off by the Capitol.. many of the people who initially broke through the police lines were not Trump supporters - most Trump supporters were listening to the speech when this happened.

By the time they got there, people were just being let in to the Capitol, and the Capitol protest was mostly peaceful after they started letting people in.

Many of us here thought that they had too few police guarding the Capitol on purposes, and that it was a false flag setup by the left.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Does Trump have to make a public statement?
    No. But it would have been helpful as part of his impeachment trial. Why did he make that public statement now? Could it be that he's trying to rehabilitate his image?

He offered to mobilize N.G. for any number of states to maintain law and order during the hooligans reign of terror.
    Yeah. That was aimed at BLM unrest. But here's the other thing. If he was so certain that there was going to be trouble in D.C. he could have cancelled his rally or moved it to a different city.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Bus loads of antifa were dropped off by the Capitol.. many of the people who initially broke through the police lines were not Trump supporters - most Trump supporters were listening to the speech when this happened.

By the time they got there, people were just being let in to the Capitol, and the Capitol protest was mostly peaceful after they started letting people in.

Many of us here thought that they had too few police guarding the Capitol on purposes, and that it was a false flag setup by the left.
    Oh I would agree. I just think that Trump is also a leftist.

If he was so certain that there was going to be trouble in D.C. he could have cancelled his rally or moved it to a different city.
    Lol. Yup, that's what you do. Cower, hide and run away. SMDH.

Lol. Yup, that's what you do. Cower, hide and run away. SMDH.
    LOL. You've got more spin than a laundry mat. So the reason Trump waiting until March 1 to talk about this is what exactly?

LOL. You've got more spin than a laundry mat. So the reason Trump waiting until March 1 to talk about this is what exactly?
    Maybe because it didn't mean a $#@! one way or the other? Like Russian Collusion or Russian Bounties. Or that he called Nazi's "good people."

Do you believe he 'dog whistled' his supporters to breach the Capitol Building?

Maybe because it didn't mean a $#@! one way or the other? Like Russian Collusion or Russian Bounties. Or that he called Nazi's "good people."

Do you believe he 'dog whistled' his supporters to breach the Capitol Building?
    I dunno. Thomas Massie seemed to think Trump was indirectly responsible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ol/ar-BB1cCexM

“I think Trump is at fault here,” Massie told The Dispatch. “I watched almost all of his speech. I felt like it was inevitable.”

The Kentucky representative also said Trump, among others, misled his supporters.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

“People did mislead the folks that came here, and Trump was among them,” Massie said. “He insinuated that states wanted their electors thrown out, which was not true. I kept a spreadsheet of every document every state produced, and in no case did a majority of any legislature even put their name on the letter.”

I can say this for certain. Trump definitely told people to go to the capital and "cheer on our brave senators." That doesn't prove he was guilty of inciting a riot. But it also doesn't jive with the "I thought things were so dangerous that I wanted to call out the National Guard but congress stopped me." (How can Congress even do that when as commander in chief he had the unilateral power to call out the National Guard.) But assuming he was telling the truth. Why would you tell your supporters to go into harms way? Especially is supposedly (never been proven despited @dannno's claims) that busloads of antifa had been dropped off? Wouldn't you be afraid for them? We aren't talking about soldiers. (Well...there was that Trump supporter/airmen who got shot in the neck while she was trying to jump through a window). So....why wouldn't you at least warn your people during your speech? At least a "Hey, let's be careful out there. It's so dangerous I tried to call out the National Guard but congress wouldn't let me."

And...weren't you the guy so incensed by the National Guard being in D.C. that you were calling for an armed protest against them being there?

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...national+guard

And...weren't you the guy so incensed by the National Guard being in D.C. that you were calling for an armed protest against them being there?
    Big difference between a one day action and a months long one AFTER the fact. But, do please, go on with your bad self. Your Liaryer-ing degree is showing.

Big difference between a one day action and a months long one AFTER the fact. But, do please, go on with your bad self. Your Liaryer-ing degree is showing.
    Do you believe there's been no intel since January 6th suggesting their might be armed protests if the N.G. wasn't there? In fact your "Let's go and do an armed protest in D.C." stunt gives justification for further N.G. troops in D.C. But spin away. I'm sure in your head your arguments somehow make sense.

I remember something about NG troops going to DC during the protest. I watched a youtuber that I follow do a video on the trip to DC for the event she talked about the NG going to be there. A lot of people were expecting the NG to be there.

I haven't looked up any links to go with this reply for all I know the web has been scrubbed of them but I know that people were expecting NG troops an extra police. I am almost certain that I even heard Trump say that they would be there too.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do you believe there's been no intel since January 6th suggesting their might be armed protests if the N.G. wasn't there? In fact your "Let's go and do an armed protest in D.C." stunt gives justification for further N.G. troops in D.C. But spin away. I'm sure in your head your arguments somehow make sense.
    There was intel. Go seek it out yourself. Not gonna fish for ya. An a 1 million man armed march is a different situation entirely. But conflate the two as Liaryers do. You have learned the trade well.

Oh I would agree. I just think that Trump is also a leftist.
    He's either a Leftist or just a coward. Or possibly both.

Either way, his reaction to Jan 6 was disgraceful and should disqualify any kind of further support.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Sick of hearing this Antifa $#@!. The protesters that rioted at the capitol were Trump supporters. And I'm $#@!in proud of them.

Through their useless, futile effort, they showed more courage than anyone in recent memory. I can only hope that the symbolic $#@! they took on Pelosi's desk, inspires those of like mind to further action.

The capitol rioters are $#@!in heros. Even if they weren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Trump who?

There was intel. Go seek it out yourself. Not gonna fish for ya. An a 1 million man armed march is a different situation entirely. But conflate the two as Liaryers do. You have learned the trade well.
    Sticks and stones my friend. Sticks and stones. But you're missing the point. I'm not debating there was intel. Of course there was. And there is ongoing intel about potential threats. And "we're going to do an armed march against the N.G. troops" would count as ongoing intel. What you call "conflating" an objective person would call "common sense."

But back to the actual topic at hand. Trump, in that same statement where he said he asked for national guard troops, also said he didn't pay attention to the events as they unfolded that day. Now I get that he didn't pay attention while he was speaking. But after he was done talking he was incommunicado with the rest of the world? And none of his secret service detail told him "We've got word that Mike Pence is in trouble?" Do you seriously believe he was telling the truth? Because there is no possible way that's true. Why on earth would someone be so concerned about something that he would ask for the National Guard and then be so out of touch once things started happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I remember something about NG troops going to DC during the protest. I watched a youtuber that I follow do a video on the trip to DC for the event she talked about the NG going to be there. A lot of people were expecting the NG to be there.

I haven't looked up any links to go with this reply for all I know the web has been scrubbed of them but I know that people were expecting NG troops an extra police. I am almost certain that I even heard Trump say that they would be there too.
    I am 100% certain that a lot of people were expecting something bad to happen on Jan 6th as I was one of them. And there were probably rumors of NG troops. Did Trump make a public statement about that? Maybe. But the "deep state" doesn't control the entire web. Despite the way they make it look on TV, it would be impossible to scrub everything. YouTube? Yeah that could very well be gone. But information about Trump calling for NG troops prior to Jan 6 should be on RedState.com or Infowars.com or somewhere. If he did put in for National Guard troops that undercuts his "I didn't know anything bad was going on until way after everything was over" defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Sick of hearing this Antifa $#@!. The protesters that rioted at the capitol were Trump supporters. And I'm $#@!in proud of them.

Through their useless, futile effort, they showed more courage than anyone in recent memory. I can only hope that the symbolic $#@! they took on Pelosi's desk, inspires those of like mind to further action.

The capitol rioters are $#@!in heros. Even if they weren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch.
    I give you an "A" for consistency. (I would say a "C" but that seems like a bad grade). And yes. They weren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch. The one time in earth's history where you can wear a mask and nobody question you and most of them chose not to wear one. The "Sons of Liberty" dressed up as Indians for crying out loud. At the British didn't have security cameras back then.

How is this thread news? That Trump requested the National Guard was known on January 6th itself. I followed the discussions of exactly that point on thedonald.win (the largest collection of Trump supporters on the internet at the time, now converted to patriots.win) when it was still around.

It is bizarre how old news gets dragged out as current news.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.