Thread: Court strikes down rule forcing toy drone users to register with govt

Exclamation Court strikes down rule forcing toy drone users to register with govt

A small victory against the regulatory state, but I'll take it.

Court strikes down rule forcing toy drone users to register with govt

http://thehill.com/policy/transporta...for-toy-drones

A D.C.-based appeals court struck down a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rule on Friday requiring recreational drone users to register their model aircraft with the federal government, in a major win for drone hobbyists.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit sided with plaintiff John A. Taylor, a recreational drone pilot, who argued that the FAA doesn’t have the power to make him register his toy drones because Congress already said the FAA can’t regulate model aircraft.

“The FAA’s 2015 registration rule, which applies to model aircraft, directly violates that clear statutory prohibition,” the opinion said. “We therefore grant Taylor’s petition and vacate the registration rule to the extent it applies to model aircraft.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So my ADKSDF ( anti drone killer scalper drone force ) is free to roam my property on search and destroy , oops , I meant winning hearts and minds campaign .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    So my ADKSDF ( anti drone killer scalper drone force ) is free to roam my property on search and destroy , oops , I meant winning hearts and minds campaign .
    Yes...yes it is.

@Danke made me do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

@Danke made me do it...
    Similar design but unmanned and using Sagamore of The Wabash 12 Ga anti drone handloaded rounds similar to a Rhodesian Jungle round with a couple painted flechettes ( arrows ) thrown in as my signature , something satisfying about seeing a trespasser dead on the forest floor with a couple arrows stuck in 'em.
    Do something Danke

Also , my ADKSDF logo is way cooler than that stuff they let Danke fly . I let the kids at the local bait & tackle pick it out from several designs .
    Do something Danke

As usual , I am doing my part to make America Great Again .
    Do something Danke

"Where the heck are we?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Similar design but unmanned and using Sagamore of The Wabash 12 Ga anti drone handloaded rounds similar to a Rhodesian Jungle round with a couple painted flechettes ( arrows ) thrown in as my signature , something satisfying about seeing a trespasser dead on the forest floor with a couple arrows stuck in 'em.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I try to be very concise so I do not confuse people who english is a second language to . Everybody but Danke seems to get it .
    Do something Danke

If Danke expects to one day compete for an officers position in my ADKSD Forces he is going to need to get up to speed .
    Do something Danke