Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump wants AHCA vote on Friday, if it fails, "he is done with healthcare"

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    Stop the plan, and planned parenthood continues. That is what it has to do with the bill. It directly references "the plan"...and if you stop it.
    lol, ya, it absolutely does continue until they pass a bill that ends it
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This could be politically better in the long run. If the republicans simply let obamacare COMPLETELY collapse, unchanged, as it were, then the democrats are solely responsible. Trump could say "We tried to get improvements and tried to do healthcare, but didn't happen, this is on the democrats".

That's how I would spin it anyway...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The tweets talking about Planned Parenthood? What does that have to do with the title of the thread?

The title of the thread says that if the vote fails, THEN he does is done debating about health care.

What Trump actually said is that he is done debating AHCA, and wants the vote held on Friday (today).

This thread is fake news. Can the Mods edit the title?

I mean, this thread fraudulently implies that if the vote fails, Trump won't want to work with Rand on a better bill. And that is horse $#@!. This thread has a false premise and it is working against the mission statement of the website.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

As soon as Paul Ryan is out, Trump will be ready to debate health care again.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    No. Not with twitter's 140 limit.
    He wasted a lot of characters on "exec branch" and "legislative branch."

His own tweets, Danno. Like 3 posts up.
    Those tweets don't indicate that he'll give up on healthcare legislation, only that he'll give up on trying to satisfy conservatives and libertarians with healthcare legislation.

Don't forget, the kind of reform Trump really wants is single-payer healthcare. If he can get behind a bill the Dems support, he'll only need a small minority of Republicans to join them.

And if that is never?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You're like the dennis hopper character in apocalypse now. You would think "he can't be serious", and the truth is, it doesnt matter. Not worth my time trying to figure out if your serious or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    And if that is never?
    It happens soon after the vote fails. Trump is setting AHCA up to be a YUUUGE failure.. and it isn't Trump's fault, he did everything he could. He supports Paul Ryan, he supports the bill, he supports the party. Paul Ryan just isn't a good enough leader.

He has done everything he could to pass it.

You're like the dennis hopper character in apocalypse now. You would think "he can't be serious", and the truth is, it doesnt matter. Not worth my time trying to figure out if your serious or not.
    When Stef gives Danno permission to change his mind, then Danno will change his mind. Stop rushing him.

He has done everything he could to pass it.
    That's exactly what I said. That is his plan. But he knows it isn't going to pass, because Rand and other trustworthy folks have told him so.

But it doesn't matter, the blame falls on Paul Ryan for this, not the President.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If it fails, it fails in Trumps face. Does not help him. Maybe it was Ryan's bill yesterday morning, but after Ryan pulled the vote, and Trump insisted that it be held today, it became his baby.

Besides, Paul Ryan is such a squish he will do whatever Trump tells him. I actually think Ryan would push Randcare if Trump merely asked. He didn't need to bother with this. But he wants this.

Have any Republicans spoken against the bill on the floor yet? I've just popped in and out of CSPAN.

If it fails, it fails in Trumps face. Does not help him. Maybe it was Ryan's bill yesterday morning, but after Ryan pulled the vote, and Trump insisted that it be held today, it became his baby.
    I totally disagree. Trump is pushing Paul Ryan to put up or shut up.

And again, Trump knows it is going to fail. He has been talking to Rand three times a week, one on one, and Rand said there is no way it is passing, it doesn't have the votes. So why would Trump do this if it was going to blow up in his face? He is doing it because it is going to blow up in Paul Ryan's face, because that is who is responsible for getting the votes.

Besides, Paul Ryan is such a squish he will do whatever Trump tells him. I actually think Ryan would push Randcare if Trump merely asked. He didn't need to bother with this. But he wants this.
    Hahhahahhaha.. no.... Paul Ryan is deep state supreme, he will only push what his masters tell him. That is why Trump needs a new speaker asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Have any Republicans spoken against the bill on the floor yet? I've just popped in and out of CSPAN.
    As far as I know none of the good guys have been given time. Not sure if they will be.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If it fails, it fails in Trumps face. Does not help him.
    It does help him if he wants to pass single-payer healthcare.

Hahhahahhaha.. no.... Paul Ryan is deep state supreme, he will only push what his masters tell him. That is why Trump needs a new speaker asap.
    Well, I guess that explains why Trump says he will support Ryan even if his plan fails.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It happens soon after the vote fails. Trump is setting AHCA up to be a YUUUGE failure.. and it isn't Trump's fault, he did everything he could. He supports Paul Ryan, he supports the bill, he supports the party. Paul Ryan just isn't a good enough leader.
    Stop... stop... my sig can only get so big.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Well, I guess that explains why Trump says he will support Ryan even if his plan fails.
    Ya, like I said that was doubling down. I totally expected this kind of behavior, Trump has to SELL IT HARD. He has to push for the bill, support Paul Ryan and make it look like he is unified with the party. Then when the vote fails, it is Paul Ryan's fault. If Trump didn't put 100% of his effort into it, and make it look like he was unified with the party, it would be framed as Trump's fault.

Add this to the threat of primarying any no voting representatives, and Trump apparently is trying to play hardball to preserve TRUMPCARE.

Well, I got a power play for the chump. Right now, Trump only has a pretty thin margin for error if articles of impeachment are brought. I assume the democrats would vote yes reflexively, after all.

If he wants to start threatening the political future of sizable parts of the GOP congress, he better be smart enough to realize that he needs those congressmen to continue to pretend they like him. He is, truthfully, of the weakest position in the national government.

After all, secretly, and maybe not so secretly for some, Pence would be a whole lot more popular. Under Pence, I have no doubt we could get a bill that at least repeals the ACA, and he wouldn't be a constantly embarrassing the GOP, leaking political capital everywhere.
    Is this "take it or leave it" tactic described in The Art of the Deal?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ya, like I said that was doubling down. I totally expected this kind of behavior, Trump has to SELL IT HARD. He has to push for the bill, support Paul Ryan and make it look like he is unified with the party. Then when the vote fails, it is Paul Ryan's fault. If Trump didn't put 100% of his effort into it, and make it look like he was unified with the party, it would be framed as Trump's fault.
    I thought he wasn't a politician... Even in your crazy scenario, he still comes out as the biggest politician there is. So he's not working for a good bill, he's working for political capital? Because once he has the power...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I thought he wasn't a politician... Even in your crazy scenario, he still comes out as the biggest politician there is. So he's not working for a good bill, he's working for political capital? Because once he has the power...
    In my scenario, Paul Ryan gets kicked out as Speaker of the House and we get a good health care bill with real free market reforms. That makes Trump a winner.

In my scenario, Paul Ryan gets kicked out as Speaker of the House and we get a good health care bill with real free market reforms. That makes Trump a winner.
    Don't hold your breath on this one, dannno- I still want you around.
    There is no spoon.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Stop... stop... my sig can only get so big.
    I presumed the sig quotes are always just quotes taken out of context. Ya' still don't get what I said in response to trumpCARE designation by ya'all, huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    I presumed the sig quotes are always just quotes taken out of context.
    Do you see the little double arrow next to the person's name at the top of the quote? If you click that it will take you to the post and you can read the context yourself.
    Pinochet is the model

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All earthly leaders fall sometime. Trump, an especially vane and incautious man, will fall quicker and farther than most.

And I bet, at the end, it will be Republicans who make it happen. Mercifully.
    any paid shill.. I wish I could just ignore them. Join date Nov2015!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast