Thread: Ron Paul: The purpose of government is not to make us safe (Kennedy 9/22)

Ron Paul: The purpose of government is not to make us safe (Kennedy 9/22)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    reported.

this article seems to suggest that Ron Paul supports the existence of the "State"
    to make matters worse. it also suggests that "Government" has a purpose. and therefore, a reason to exist.

this very idea.. can be easily refuted by.. @AntiFederalist. @presence @heavenlyboy34 and Many Many others around these parts.

the "State" is the problem. and NOT the solution. right guys?
    Last edited by HVACTech; 09-26-2016 at 10:09 PM.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Government is the provision of law and order[]. The "state" is the firm (or institution) that claims a monopoly on the provision of law and order within a certain territory. In the absence of a state, government is provided by competing firms. More likely, the various governmental services are each provided by competing firms, which may or may not compete in the other governmental services industries. In a stateless society, there would be no dispute adjudicator "of last resort," and all disputes may be adjudicated by a truly impartial third-party. Contrast this with the state, where the state's monopoly on dispute adjudication means that not only is the state the adjudicator of last resort, but it is also the adjudicator of disputes involving itself. A clear violation of a basic principle of jurisprudence, nemo iudex in sua causa, or "no one should be a judge in their own cause."

http://www.everything-voluntary.com/...-vs-state.html

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Of course not. It's not to make us safe; it's to keep us safe.

Making us safe is just a one-time proposal. Government never does anything just once.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Government is the provision of law and order[]. The "state" is the firm (or institution) that claims a monopoly on the provision of law and order within a certain territory. In the absence of a state, government is provided by competing firms. More likely, the various governmental services are each provided by competing firms, which may or may not compete in the other governmental services industries. In a stateless society, there would be no dispute adjudicator "of last resort," and all disputes may be adjudicated by a truly impartial third-party. Contrast this with the state, where the state's monopoly on dispute adjudication means that not only is the state the adjudicator of last resort, but it is also the adjudicator of disputes involving itself. A clear violation of a basic principle of jurisprudence, nemo iudex in sua causa, or "no one should be a judge in their own cause."

http://www.everything-voluntary.com/...-vs-state.html
    so. what Ron Paul does NOT understand... is.. "dispute adjudication" ?

what if.. I in fact, used my state masters "license" (permission to work) for the benefit of a local city?
    what if... I was able to FORCE the original installing company... to pay ME. to do what they were paid to do 10 years ago?

by the simple virtue of my "masters" License?

when you have the very highest level of classification... who is above you?

I will cut you some slack and tell you how it works in my "state"

all we can really do is to threaten their license.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    I will cut you some slack and tell you how it works in my "state"
    Have fun. I'll undercut you on the black market, satisfy my customer, and make a profit by avoid the expenses of doing things per territorial mandate. At the end of the day, I'm a free man and you're on the State's leash.

depositphotos_90275476-Man-holding-another-man-on.jpg
    Last edited by presence; 09-27-2016 at 07:34 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Have fun. I'll undercut you on the black market, satisfy my customer, and make a profit by avoid the expenses of doing things per territorial mandate. At the end of the day, I'm a free man and you're on the State's leash.
    are you under the impression.. that I have a.. Gasp, real Job?
    (I do not. I work for myself)

TIP. if you are going to "undercut people on the black market" stick with something safe. like being a fake Chiropractor.