Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop the invasion

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Pretty sure we've done enough "helping to foster stability" in their countries. How about we just butt out, altogether?
    Can't rep ya....

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Pretty sure we've done enough "helping to foster stability" in their countries. How about we just butt out, altogether?
    I am going to add this because I can see some posters putting in their 2 cents like the a govt cannot foster stability without interfering. This is not true and I will give an example. The Nigerian govt have a scholastic exchange program with Russia where academically gifted students are given the opportunity to come to Russia to study mostly STEM majors with nothing asked for in return. These students after studying come home and apply the knowledge they learnt from Russia. Its a small program but it does help the situation back home.

I know the US govt's attempts to help has been very destructive but that is only because they never planned on helping even when they say they were trying to help. You look at Iraq and Libya for example, bombing public infrastructure water plants, electric plants, bridges is no way to help a nation and everybody knows that. So in conclusion, they can help if they actually wanted to help (look at the Marshall plan) but I would take not helping if it is going to look anything similar to their so called helping the last 5 decades.

It's a weird mess for small farmers facing Big Agra competition, but this situation looks to be hitting Mexican Farmers very hard. Maybe they come over to seeking employment in farming or landscaping in many cases because some of them come from small farms that couldn't function anymore under NAFTA.

I also wonder if some Mexican farmers have been in the crossfire of the Drug War or if their crops destroyed? Maybe this even creates this shift in using the land to produce drugs instead if food crops are less viable. It seems a typical consequence of American involvement in the world to be fighting wars against things we directly or indirectly created in the first place.

I think @juleswin has a point that we could approach this with beneficial policy changes instead of more direct heavy handed interventions.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Fake Caravans and Decision Time for America
    By Robert Ringer

October 27, 2018

The entire article is well worth reading...

read the rest

Doesnt this troop use violate posse comitatus.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Protecting the border isn't domestic law enforcement, the border isn't "domestic" it is the threshold where "foreign" begins.

Then there is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Posse Comitatus Act Repealed.

On December 31, 2011, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), codifying indefinite military detention without charge or trial into law for the first time in American history. (To learn more about the NDAA, visit
    www.aclu.org/NDAA).
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I'm pretty sure, repelling invaders isn't considered domestic law enforcement.

Do not worries liberals, 'invaders' will get nice facilities and handling, Sean penn and MAGA'a largest donor will make sure of that. Especially if they can help with freedom operations in other countries.

Sheldon Adelson: I'm basically a Social Liberal

Sheldon Adelson to honor Sean Penn at neocon ball
    Philip Weiss on February 26, 2014
    Sean Penn’s wikipedia entry begins with his activism. “He is known for his left-wing political and social activism, including humanitarian work.” For instance, he has worked for the Haitian people.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    End the welfare state and the war on drugs. Those two things pretty much give people a reason to come here.
    Absolutely- plus the WoT also creates more immigrants and hatred for the US.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    While it’s probably safe to assume that some Soros money has found it’s way into this current caravan crisis, has anyone actually followed the money?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    While it’s probably safe to assume that some Soros money has found it’s way into this current caravan crisis, has anyone actually followed the money?
    A quick Google search brings up media reports that the caravan is being coordinated by Pueblo Sin Fronteras. It’s pretty easy to find this information. And despite many Democrat protests that this has nothing to do with any US organizations, a Spanish name for the group does not hide the fact that it is a US organization.

According to their own website, their committee locations are San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Tijuana. If you go to their donation page, it takes you to a Paypal page that says that Oakland, Ca is where the donations go.

http://www.pueblosinfronteras.org/commitees.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

And more following the money...

Confirmed: Open Borders Group Behind Illegal Alien Caravan Is Linked to Soros’s Open Society

The open borders group behind the illegal alien caravan marching to the US border is funded by several liberal organizations including Soros’s Open Society.

The Pueblo Sin Fronteras (“People Without Borders”) is a project of La Familia Latina Unida, a Chicago, Illinois-based 501(c)(4) illegal immigration advocacy organization formed in 2001 by Elvira Arellano, an activist for immigrants living illegally in the United States.

The group is part of the CARA Coalition and is funded by a number of major left-of-center grantmaking foundations, including the Open Society Foundations, MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation, and Carnegie Corporation of New York.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-open-society/

In Spring 2018, hundreds of migrants from Central America approached the U.S.-Mexico border seeking asylum in the United States and threatening to enter illegally if their request was denied. Pueblo Sin Fronteras, a project of La Familia Latina Unida, organized the caravan in conjunction with the CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project.[13] [14] The CARA coalition consists of the Catholic Legal Immigration Network, the American Immigration Council, the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association, all groups advocating for legal status for illegal immigrants and expanded immigration overall.[15] These organizations have been funded by a number of major left-of-center grantmaking foundations, including the Open Society Foundations, MacArthur Foundation, Ford Foundation, and Carnegie Corporation of New York. [16] The caravan eventually halted in Mexico City on April 4 instead of reaching the United States border.
    https://www.influencewatch.org/non-p...-latina-unida/

Anyone here ever tried to fix a broken pipe without cutting off the water?

I've had two instances where I have walked into my house and the well pump has had a fitting burst, and the first thing I had to do was go to the circuit breaker to kill the well pump's power to keep the basement from flooding. I don't know the first damn thing about plumbing, but I know how to cut off the water, and I've seen what happens if you don't.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 10-30-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

The Oath Keepers are calling for President Donald Trump to send enough combat troops to secure the entire U.S.-Mexico border, which would be an acceleration of the military presence that Trump is sending to peacefully block the illegal immigrant Caravan.

“We the military and law enforcement of Oath Keepers call on President Trump to deploy infantry and other combat arms troops to the border with Mexico in large enough numbers to secure the full length of the border against all illegal foreign invaders.

The just-announced joint CBP/DOD operation, which will supply military mobility, engineering, medical, and planning support for the Customs and Border Protection (CBP), is a step in the right direction, and may be sufficient to handle the specific mass caravansof illegals, including MS-13 gang members and criminals from the Middle East, that are currently in the news, but it falls far short of what is actually needed to secure the border against the ongoing daily invasion by illegal aliens.”

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/oath-k...to-the-border/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I guess I just don't see much wrong with crossing a border. 1) I think a dewd should be able to travel, and 2) most economists agree its good.

And I guess I just don't see much right with preemptive measures to police pre-crime.

If it really is an "invasion" I'm sure we can handle it. If there's crime, we've got plenty of police here that know how to kill folks. If it ain't, it'll most likely be a benefit - and yes that's even accounting for a welfare drain.

Ha
    What?
    You look like libertarian
    Is he cool?
    Hell yeah he's cool
    I'm libertarian y'all!
    Last edited by tfurrh; 10-30-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I guess I just don't see much wrong with crossing a border. 1) I think a dewd should be able to travel, and 2) most economists agree its good.

And I guess I just don't see much right with preemptive measures to police pre-crime.

If it really is an "invasion" I'm sure we can handle it. If there's crime, we've got plenty of police here that know how to kill folks. If it ain't, it'll most likely be a benefit - and yes that's even accounting for a welfare drain.

Ha
    What?
    You look like libertarian
    Is he cool?
    Hell yeah he's cool
    I'm libertarian y'all!
    The issue is about political control, the people coming here must be limited so that they don't come in sufficient numbers to take control of our country and overturn the laws and constitution that protect our liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And more following the money...
    So isn't Soros breaking the law by funding illegal activities?

Why isn't he being held responsible?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The issue is about political control, the people coming here must be limited so that they don't come in sufficient numbers to take control of our country and overturn the laws and constitution that protect our liberty.
    About a decade ago a "sufficient number" of folks tried to "take control ... and overturn" a certain political party. It's kinda been a flop.

So a few thousand stringy Hondurans sure ain't gonna take over this country

And the issue is only one issue for every issue. And it isn't "political control" - it's: does X cause harm to my life, liberty, or property?

So some here are opposed to open borders or immigration or whatever, and will make their case from that viewpoint - that's kewl I guess. But not political control lol
    Last edited by tfurrh; 10-30-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    About a decade ago a "sufficient number" of folks tried to "take control ... and overturn" a certain political party. It's kinda been a flop.

So a few thousand stringy Hondurans sure ain't gonna take over this country

And the issue is only one issue for every issue. And it isn't "political control" - it's: does X cause harm to my life, liberty, or property?

So some here are opposed to open borders or immigration or whatever, and will make their case from that viewpoint - that's kewl I guess. But not political control lol
    Thousands turn into millions, there are already 20+ million illegals here not counting those that were given amnesty or the descendants of illegals who got anchor baby status and political control = harm to your life, liberty or property because the foreigners invading will use it to take harm them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Texas landowners along the US-Mexico border have reportedly been told this week by the US Border Patrol to expect a possible influx of "armed civilians" on their property as a Central American migrant caravan makes its way towards the United States, reports AP.

The Associated Press reported that these civilians say they intend to support the National Guard and Border Patrol to prevent the illegal migrants from crossing into the U.S.
    But some see the move as a negative, arguing that the armed civilians' presence would add even more tension should there be a confrontation.
    Three activists told the AP they were going to the border or organizing others, and groups on Facebook have posted warnings about the caravan. One said it was “imperative that we have boots on the ground.” Another wrote: “WAR! SECURE THE BORDER NOW!” -Associated Press
    Texas Minuteman militia president Shannon McGauley told AP that the group has members stationed at three points throughout the state's border, and expects 25-100 more arriving in coming days.

Militia border patrols are nothing new, as civilians will typically alert border patrol to apprehend trespassers.
    On Wednesday, President Trump issued a new warning about the caravan and its "very tough fighters and people," tweeting: "The Caravans are made up of some very tough fighters and people. Fought back hard and viciously against Mexico at Northern Border before breaking through. Mexican soldiers hurt, were unable, or unwilling to stop Caravan. Should stop them before they reach our Border, but won’t!"
    The Caravans are made up of some very tough fighters and people. Fought back hard and viciously against Mexico at Northern Border before breaking through. Mexican soldiers hurt, were unable, or unwilling to stop Caravan. Should stop them before they reach our Border, but won’t!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 31, 2018
    Trump then reiterated that the US military "is being mobilized at the Southern Border" with "Many more troops coming."

President Trump told Fox News on Monday that the migrants are "wasting their time" and said "they are not coming in," adding that the US would build giant tent cities to house migrants who made it over the border, as opposed to the longstanding policy of "catch and release" by which migrants were assigned court dates and allowed to leave - typically never to be seen again.

"If they applied for asylum, we’re going to hold them until such time as their trial takes place," Trump told the Fox News host.
    "Where? We have the facilities?" she asked.
    "We’re going to put up - we’re going to build tent cities," Trump responded. "We’re going to put tents up all over the place. We’re not going to build structures and spend all of this, you know, hundreds of millions of dollars -- we’re going to have tents."
    "They're going to be very nice," he added.
    .@POTUS on facilities for asylum seekers: "We’re going to build tent cities. We’re going to put tents up all over the place." @IngrahamAngle pic.twitter.com/fL3ALkNbz4
    — Fox News (@FoxNews) October 30, 2018
    At this rate the migrants are scheduled for a showdown right around midterms.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...van-trump-says

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

President Trump on Wednesday said that the number of military troops deployed to the southern US border could be as high as 15,000 - more than the 14,000 deployed in Afghanistan - as he vowed not to allow people from the "very dangerous" caravan to enter the country.
    "Nobody is coming in. We're not allowing people to come in," said Trump.
    Speaking with reporters at the White House, Trump said "we’ll go up to anywhere between 10 and 15,000 military personnel on top of Border Patrol, ICE and everybody else at the border," adding that the Untied States is "going to be prepared" and that migrants are "not coming into our country."

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...van-approaches

Bring them home and put them on the border!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A group of Central American migrants facing deportation set fire to a Mexican immigration facility in an apparent attempt to escape. The alleged arson comes at a time when Mexican authorities reported the use of firearms and Molotov cocktails within the migrant caravans as they make their way through Mexico to the United States.

The fire was reportedly started at a facility dual-purposed as a checkpoint and makeshift detention center for Mexico’s National Migration Institute (INM) in Pijijiapan, Chiapas, when a group of migrants housed there set fire to their mattresses, Televisa Noticias reported. According to local public safety director Jaime Marroquin, authorities were housing 21 men, five women, and three children which were in the process of being deported. The migrants reportedly set fires to give cover to their escape.
    Firefighters responded to the scene while Mexican Federal Police officers detained the alleged runaways and moved them to a large immigration facility in Tapachula, Chiapas.
    The fire comes only hours after Mexican Federal Police arrested two Honduran men who allegedly shot at cops guarding the migrant caravan currently in Chiapas, Breitbart News reported.

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...tion-facility/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Those violent Canadians!

Men burnt alive by mob after false WhatsApp messages accuse them of child kidnap

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...y-mob-13576897
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    And?

I don't know of anyone calling for a permanent end to ALL immigration.

The beautiful thing about a door is that it allows you to decide who to let in.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Trump on Saturday insisted that troops will be stationed at the southern border for “as long as necessary,” despite calls to send the service members home for Thanksgiving.Trump spoke with reporters at the White House before leaving for a trip to California, saying troops have built a “very beautiful fence.”
    “The fence is fully manned, nobody gets through,” Trump said. “When they’re caught, they’re not released.”

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...g-as-necessary

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And?
    The word "Big" can be easily misconstrued/misread by GOP base/Right and cost base enthuisiasm at polling stations.

Recall when GOP Right misread this stance:

as this:

Can MAGA survive if it lost Brietbart/Coulter/Bannon of GOP Right even if GOP-Jarvanka Dems bring in some left wing-dems under a new bi-partisan MAGA-Pelosi tent?

Update: President Trump would like everybody to know that razor wire is now installed where the border fence meets the Pacific Ocean:
    The Fake News is showing old footage of people climbing over our Ocean Area Fence. This is what it really looks like - no climbers anymore under our Administration! pic.twitter.com/CD4ltRePML
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2018
    Northbound commuters from Mexico trying to pass through the busiest land border crossing in the United States found themselves stuck in line for hours after US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials halted traffic in order to reinforce the border amid an arriving Central American migrant caravan, reports Fox5 San Diego. The San Ysidro Port of Entry could be seen blocked off at approximately 3:30 a.m.

"[We] have temporarily suspended vehicle processing for northbound travelers at the San Ysidro port of entry Monday morning to position additional port hardening materials," said border officials. "After the materials are in position, CBP will resume processing northbound vehicle traffic in select lanes at the border crossing."

Armados hasta los dientes... Militares y policías estadounidenses, con equipo antimotines, colocan más barreras y alambradas en las garitas de de San Ysidro y Mesa de Otay en #Tijuana. El cierre de los cruces fronterizos es indefinido. pic.twitter.com/zv7XrbRzMd
    — Asimismo (@_Asimismo) November 19, 2018

By 6:30, around 10 lanes were reopened while the rest remain closed. Northbound pedestrian traffic is still suspended, according to NBC San Diego.
    Soldados estadounidenses armados resguardan la garita San Ysidro, en la frontera con Tijuana. #AlAireConPaola pic.twitter.com/2U8vHrqPyg
    — Noticieros Televisa (@NTelevisa_com) November 19, 2018
    #INTERNACIONAL | Al menos dos horas se mantuvo cerrado el cruce fronterizo entre México y EU, en la garita de San Ysidro #Tijuana, por colocación de materiales de "endurecimiento de puertos adicionales".
    Ya hay circulación para migrantes legales ⚠️ https://t.co/T1CvJIFEGs pic.twitter.com/tUqMqf6ceU
    — NOTIRIVAS (@NOTIRIVAS) November 19, 2018
    Cierran garita en San Ysidro, Tijuana pic.twitter.com/xZYa90ywPr
    — ����#NICARAGUA���� (@SOSnicaragua11) November 19, 2018
    Over 1,100 US Marines have been deployed to help CBP officials with Operation Secure Line - a "border hardening" mission aimed at preparing the southern US infrastructure for the arrival of thousands of asylum-seekers who began making their way north from Central America in early October.
    Razor wire, concrete roadblocks and rebar are being used to construct reinforced barriers that can be used to block lanes at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa ports of entry around five miles East. The barriers can be seen in this Nov. 13 footage:
    Military crews continue to put up razor wire at the border in San Ysidro as a migrant caravan is expected to reach Tijuana. https://t.co/mQH6eqrBNy pic.twitter.com/4IXGNAfSem
    — Danielle Radin (@danielleradin) November 13, 2018

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-drivers-stuck

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast