Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LP Candidate in NC: Ron Paul embraces Trump and fascism

Exclamation LP Candidate in NC: Ron Paul embraces Trump and fascism

$#@! the LP and a bunch of Leftarians.

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    ·
    3h
    Sadly tho, Ron Paul is a cult of personality. So when he becomes less Libertarian with every new word that comes out of his mouth, we lose ground on being able to control how we are defined. The Libertarian Party needs to divorce itself from Ron Paul's cult of personality.

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean

3h
    Replying to
    @EmperorSean
    Sure, Rand Paul stands up for many Libertarian ideas. And when he does, we should be willing to work with him. But the notion that he's somehow a Libertarian and not a goosestepping Trump Republican needs to be burned with fire right in front of everybody. 9/n

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    ·
    3h
    His father Ron Paul is moving in the opposite direction, away from us into an embrace of Trump and his fascism. I have no regrets over my past support of Ron Paul, and where he was ever Libertarian, I will proudly continue to carry that message forward. 10/n

https://twitter.com/EmperorSean/stat...56325761568769

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    Libertarian for US Senate in North Carolina in 2020, special election. Also still running for NC House, District 31. Don't blame me, I voted for a free pony.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-04-2020 at 01:02 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Libertarian Party has become quite a joke.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

leftarian hysteria

and where he was ever Libertarian
    That part made me laugh lol

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

The fact that they the Ron Paul embraces fascism is hilarious.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Thanks AF!
    I attacked him on Twitter & he blocked me Tom Woods & other Ron Paul supporters.

This Guy BTW supports Obamacare!

This, from the "Emperor":

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    ·
    3h
    Sadly tho, Ron Paul is a cult of personality. So when he becomes less Libertarian with every new word that comes out of his mouth, we lose ground on being able to control how we are defined. The Libertarian Party needs to divorce itself from Ron Paul's cult of personality.

It must be the increase in views of the Liberty Report. So now they need to infiltrate.

Thanks, meant include that "$#@!" in the OP

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Screw that guy. He wouldn't stand a chance without Ron Paul supporters.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The shame of it is, he once had a pretty decent overall platform. But when he disses Ron like he did, and in effect me and others, he lost all credibility, for the sake of political expediency, even if he is trying to garner support that he otherwise would not have. He would have been better off not commenting at all.

Communists now? He is a shill.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Leftarians
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    leftarian
    Regardless of this guy's comments about Ron, it is not seriously debatable that the GOP is very very far to the left of the LP.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-06-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Communists now? He is a shill.
    That's where I wish we could gain some of our unity back within the "movement".

I would like to think that nobody here is opposed to the idea of greater liberty and less government, and that the means is the only thing we constantly argue about.

That is not true of the Marxist mobs running amok in the streets right now.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Regardless of this guy's comments about Ron, it is not seriously debatable that the GOP is very very far to the left of the LP.
    I see no diff in the libertarians and democrats who I consider to be left of everyone

I see no diff in the libertarians and democrats who I consider to be left of everyone
    Tell me if you can guess whether this plank comes from the LP or Dem Party platform:

All persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. We call for the repeal of the income tax, the abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors. We support any initiative to reduce or abolish any tax, and oppose any increase on any tax for any reason. To the extent possible, we advocate that all public services be funded in a voluntary manner.
    source

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tell me if you can guess whether this plank comes from the LP or Dem Party platform:

source
    Have you ever listened to sarawhack ? I have .Never heard him mention any of that .

We oppose any legal requirements forcing employers to serve as tax collectors.

We support any initiative to reduce or abolish any tax
    Great...so libertarians will support Trump when he moves to cut FICA and SS withholding taxes.

Good to know...I had my doubts here recently.

Have you ever listened to sarawhack ? I have .Never heard him mention any of that .
    I have not. In speaking to the public, the LP emphasizes their more popular positions, so it's no surprise that you hear more about pot than fiscal conservatism, for instance. But the fact is that the LP has been consistently libertarian on virtually all issues since its foundation. Anyway, here are some other examples from the platform:

Economics

As respect for property rights is fundamental to maintaining a free and prosperous society, it follows that the freedom to contract to obtain, retain, profit from, manage, or dispose of one’s property must also be upheld. Libertarians would free property owners from government restrictions on their rights to control and enjoy their property, as long as their choices do not harm or infringe on the rights of others. Eminent domain, civil asset forfeiture, governmental limits on profits, governmental production mandates, and governmental controls on prices of goods and services (including wages, rents, and interest) are abridgements of such fundamental rights. For voluntary dealings among private entities, parties should be free to choose with whom they trade and set whatever trade terms are mutually agreeable.
    Libertarians support free markets. We defend the right of individuals to form corporations, cooperatives and other types of entities based on voluntary association. We oppose all forms of government subsidies and bailouts to business, labor, or any other special interest. Government should not compete with private enterprise.
    PATRIOT Act, etc

The defense of the country requires that we have adequate intelligence to detect and to counter threats to domestic security. This requirement must not take priority over maintaining the civil liberties of our citizens. The Constitution and Bill of Rights shall not be suspended even during time of war. Intelligence agencies that legitimately seek to preserve the security of the nation must be subject to oversight and transparency. We oppose the government’s use of secret classifications to keep from the public information that it should have, especially that which shows that the government has violated the law. We oppose the use of torture and other cruel and unusual punishments, without exception.
    Foreign Policy

American foreign policy should seek an America at peace with the world. Our foreign policy should emphasize defense against attack from abroad and enhance the likelihood of peace by avoiding foreign entanglements. We would end the current U.S. government policy of foreign intervention, including military and economic aid. We recognize the right of all people to resist tyranny and defend themselves and their rights. We condemn the use of force, and especially the use of terrorism, against the innocent, regardless of whether such acts are committed by governments or by political or revolutionary groups.
    Culture War

Libertarians embrace the concept that all people are born with certain inherent rights. We reject the idea that a natural right can ever impose an obligation upon others to fulfill that “right.” We condemn bigotry as irrational and repugnant. Government should neither deny nor abridge any individual’s human right based upon sex, wealth, ethnicity, creed, age, national origin, personal habits, political preference, or sexual orientation. Members of private organizations retain their rights to set whatever standards of association they deem appropriate, and individuals are free to respond with ostracism, boycotts, and other free market solutions.
    This should all sound very familiar to a fan of this site's namesake (former LP Presidential candidate)....
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-06-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Great...so libertarians will support Trump when he moves to cut FICA and SS withholding taxes.

Good to know...I had my doubts here recently.
    They'll support Trump when he starts making government smaller, which is to say they'll never support him.

They'll support Trump when he starts making government smaller, which is to say they'll never support him.
    So the plank you posted is a lie...

We support any initiative to reduce or abolish any tax

You're being pedantic.

The point is that the LP advocates much smaller government, while Trump's GOP is making the government much larger.

...hence the absurdity of the "leftarian" meme.

What if Romney's supporters had accused Ron's supporters of being leftists (O wait, they did)? This is the same.

To be fair the plank states support for "any initiative," not necessarily the man launching it. Therefore it would still be within the parameters of the platform tonsupport the initiative while still opposing the politician initiating it.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    To be fair the plank states support for "any initiative," not necessarily the man launching it. Therefore it would still be within the parameters of the platform tonsupport the initiative while still opposing the politician initiating it.
    Fair enough...that's all I'm looking for anyway.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fair enough...that's all I'm looking for anyway.
    The LP has no initiative? No, it has plenty of initiative, it just has no success, because liberty isn't popular.

Ron didn't get much passed in his years in Congress, did he? That wasn't for lack of trying.

I'll be honest with you. @LPNational has always had a racism problem. And I've played a part in it. This is a thread about how we're growing up, or maybe about how @ThomasEWoods was once considered a good Libertarian and is now nowhere near being one by not changing at all.

https://twitter.com/EmperorSean/stat...97841698529281

Well, most of us. The alt-right gave white supremacists who claimed to be Libertarian a place to go. And thankfully, most of them left us in peace. Not that I'm happy there are murdering Nazis in America in 2020, but at least they no longer need to be associated with us.

https://twitter.com/EmperorSean/stat...98447058288642
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ron Paul was able to do what he did because he was a man of making friends, building coalitions and finding common ground while being able to disagree when he had to.

This idiot Sean who is attacking Ron Paul reminds me of many left libertarians [Edit]. Closed minded, tent narrowing, purists.

[Edit]
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-07-2020 at 11:58 AM. Reason: [Mod edit] Partially moved to off-topic.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Those aren't libertarians, they're useful idiots.

[Edit]

On the OP topic:
    I haven't met Haugh personally but I do think his comments on Dr. Paul are out-of-line since I have yet to see Ron sucking up to Trump in any measurable way. Not sure where he gets that from? Rand said from the start that he's not a Libertarian and that's fine but I don't think anyone by this point would confuse Rand for a Libertarian standard bearer anyway.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-07-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: [Mod edit] Partially moved to off-topic.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

$#@! the LP and a bunch of Leftarians.

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    ·
    3h

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean

3h
    Replying to
    @EmperorSean
    Sure, Rand Paul stands up for many Libertarian ideas. And when he does, we should be willing to work with him. But the notion that he's somehow a Libertarian and not a goosestepping Trump Republican needs to be burned with fire right in front of everybody. 9/n

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    ·
    3h
    His father Ron Paul is moving in the opposite direction, away from us into an embrace of Trump and his fascism. I have no regrets over my past support of Ron Paul, and where he was ever Libertarian, I will proudly continue to carry that message forward. 10/n

https://twitter.com/EmperorSean/stat...56325761568769

sean haugh
    @EmperorSean
    Libertarian for US Senate in North Carolina in 2020, special election. Also still running for NC House, District 31. Don't blame me, I voted for a free pony.
    Sounds like intentional trolling to gain support and followers from moderates/left. I did not know who this guy, now I do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast