Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Steve Forbes says Ron Paul is Right about Monetary Policy

[Video] Steve Forbes says Ron Paul is Right about Monetary Policy

More Ron Pauling of the Monetary Policy. Spread it!

"You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Steve Forbes can kiss my ass. Ron Paul is running for President, not chairman of the thing that should not be.
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mayor Bloomberg said something similar right before the NY Primary.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...kins-Bloomberg
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

translation: We really need a sound money guy to be in charge when we crash this thing. We can spin that into another 100 years of monetary control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    translation: We really need a sound money guy to be in charge when we crash this thing.
    Actually the master plan is to have Romney at the helm so he can liquidate America when it goes bankrupt.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 04-30-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Wish Steve had the conviction to push the issue when it mattered instead of supporting Rick Perry in exchange for support of his flat tax agenda.

Forbes is a good guy. While he did endorse Perry this year, keep in mind that he endorsed Rand, Amash and Schiff in 2010.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Steve Forbes: Ron Paul Should Be Chairman of the Fed

As President, I'm sure he will appoint a suitable Chairman to shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Forbes is a good guy. While he did endorse Perry this year, keep in mind that he endorsed Rand, Amash and Schiff in 2010.
    Not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Not good enough
    Oh that's right, unless someone is 100% on our side, 100% of the time they are the enemy. Sorry I forgot the mantra. I'll immediately submit myself for re-education.

not presidential level.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Oh that's right, unless someone is 100% on our side, 100% of the time they are the enemy. Sorry I forgot the mantra. I'll immediately submit myself for re-education.
    If his principles go with Ron Rand and Schiff, he had no principled basis for supporting Perry.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If his principles go with Ron Rand and Schiff, he had no principled basis for supporting Perry.
    Yes, yes I apologize. I forgot that we have one way of thinking here. As my penance, I will listen to 40 hours of Alex Jones broadcasts and write and essay detailing the evils of anyone who ever voted contrary to the way Ron Paul has.

Yes, yes I apologize. I forgot that we have one way of thinking here. As my penance, I will listen to 40 hours of Alex Jones broadcasts and write and essay detailing the evils of anyone who ever voted contrary to the way Ron Paul has.
    I've never listened to an entire Alex Jones broadcast in my life. That ^^ is insulting forum members and a low value post combined. Sort of a two-fer.

But this IS Ron Paul Forums. If you want to be amongst people who think he should have voted differently you might find more like minded people elsewhere.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've never listened to an entire Alex Jones broadcast in my life. That ^^ is insulting forum members and a low value post combined. Sort of a two-fer.
    And so is thinking that someone cannot possibly agree with Amash, Rand and Schiff and have agreements with other "not as pure" politicians.

Disagreement is rampant, insults and mocking are not ok.

Disagreement is rampant, insults and mocking are not ok.
    The point was that not everyone has to follow lockstep with us, 100% of the time on 100% of the issues to be a decent guy. Believing that everyone has to be "pure" is cult like.

"cult like" is insulting.

They all take an oath to follow the Constitution. They all should follow it. If that is too pure for you, I wonder why you are here. Again.

The point was that not everyone has to follow lockstep with us, 100% of the time on 100% of the issues to be a decent guy. Believing that everyone has to be "pure" is cult like.
    Actually, I'd say that having principles, but sacrificing them to rally around a guy your views are diametrically opposed to, purely for the sake of "Anyone but Obama" and not because he stands for your principles, is pretty freaking cult-like. This is a principled movement bigger than Dr. Paul, while people who rally around Romney could be considered a cult of personality (or ratehr a cult against personality, to where they'll sacrifice every last ideal just to have a chance to beat Obama).

You're really starting to go overboard in your rudeness, but remain remarkably consistent in unfairly painting a broad brush about a movement you're supposedly a part of.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 04-30-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

"cult like" is insulting.

They all take an oath to follow the Constitution. They all should follow it. If that is too pure for you, I wonder why you are here. Again.
    Forbes is NOT an elected official. He was the choice of many libertarians when he ran in 96 and in 00. There are many, many issues that libertarians would agree with him on particularly economically. However, it seems there is a tendency here to dismiss anyone and everyone who does not follow lock step with a certain ideology, and believe that they are all "enemies of liberty" if they dare divert from the charted course. It shows an intolerance, that honestly, one would see more so among far left wing ideologues than you do among libertarians and conservatives.

Forbes is NOT an elected official. He was the choice of many libertarians when he ran in 96 and in 00. There are many, many issues that libertarians would agree with him on particularly economically. However, it seems there is a tendency here to dismiss anyone and everyone who does not follow lock step with a certain ideology, and believe that they are all "enemies of liberty" if they dare divert from the charted course. It shows an intolerance, that honestly, one would see more so among far left wing ideologues than you do among libertarians and conservatives.
    Stop being hyperbolic... We don't like that he's sacrificing his principles by supporting Romney. No one is making the claims that you're putting in our mouths, and you're being unnecessarily negative about us simply not liking that republicans are rallying behind Romney, despite the fact they probably don't even like what he stands for (whatever that might be this particular week).

(Edit: Sorry, Perry, same freaking difference)
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 04-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Stop being hyperbolic... We don't like that he's sacrificing his principles by supporting Romney. No one is making the claims that you're putting in our mouths, and you're being unnecessarily negative about us simply not liking that republicans are rallying behind Romney, despite the fact they probably don't even like what he stands for (whatever that might be this particular week).
    Actually, the reference was concerning Forbes' endorsement of Perry. My point was that even though he endorsed Perry this year, he has supported libertarians in the past, very enthusiastically in fact. The man is a decent guy, was all I was saying. But of course, there are some here that can't handle that, and feel the need to put down everyone who shows the slight bit of variance from purity. That way of thinking is not what the greater libertarian conservative movement has been about, but it appears more and more as the Ron Paul segment of the movement solidifies itself, it becomes more and more exclusionary. Hell mosey over the the Rand forum and look how some of the dedicated Ron Paul supporters bash Rand.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't recognize that description of the people here. I think we are here because we share dedication to overlapping principles, and those are what are important to us. Obviously, deviation from what is important to us makes a candidate more or less attractive.

I'm not saying Forbes is a horrible person, only that in endorsing Perry rather than Ron when Ron was available, that he is using a criterion clearly different from ours. When he endorses our guys, obviously that pleases me.

But Barr was also the choice of 'many libertarians'. I don't find that argument persuasive. Perhaps that is because libertarian as a label, rather than as a set of principles does nothing for me. And depending on who is defining the label, the principles may or may not be those I agree with. Certain people seem to USE that label to try to get others to 'fall in line' with their agenda.

and now there seems to be a new hammer you are devising of 'libertarian conservative' label. I don't find labels persuasive, and if that movement is 'greater' why are you trying to coopt the Ron Paul movement?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-30-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Aside from all this back and forth, I'm just happy I have a 40sec soundbite I can spread around.

Actually, the reference was concerning Forbes' endorsement of Perry. My point was that even though he endorsed Perry this year, he has supported libertarians in the past, very enthusiastically in fact. The man is a decent guy, was all I was saying. But of course, there are some here that can't handle that, and feel the need to put down everyone who shows the slight bit of variance from purity. That way of thinking is not what the greater libertarian conservative movement has been about, but it appears more and more as the Ron Paul segment of the movement solidifies itself, it becomes more and more exclusionary. Hell mosey over the the Rand forum and look how some of the dedicated Ron Paul supporters bash Rand.
    seems to me you are the one rife with put downs.

seems to me you are the one rife with put downs.
    Just stating the obvious. If this segment of the movement wishes to continue and have influence it will need to accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with us 100% of the time on 100% of the issues, and that there are many who may differ from us on a position or two, or may endorse someone we like and then someone we don't without that person needing to be vilified for their actions. When it comes to Forbes, his focus has always been on the economic side of things, particularly the flat tax (which has been his pet issue for decades). Saying he essentially sold out his principles by endorsing Perry is disingenuous. He may have sold out YOUR principles, but not his own.
    Last edited by tbone717; 04-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.

and now there seems to be a new hammer you are devising of 'libertarian conservative' label. I don't find labels persuasive, and if that movement is 'greater' why are you trying to coopt the Ron Paul movement?
    No co-option, but there is a broader and longer standing libertarian conservative movement that has been in existence prior to the Paul campaign. I have stated that since day one of my being on here. The Ron Paul segment of the movement, as defined by this very forum exists for the purpose of getting Paul the nomination. You have stated that yourself many times, that the purpose of the forum is to work towards getting Paul nominated. The broader movement is the one that exists outside of this sole race and is working to elect Amash, Massie, Bradley and others and the very same movement that was there for Buchanan, Sanford, Benson, Johnson, Weld and others throughout the years.

If Paul fails at getting the nomination it will be interesting to see where this segment of the movement goes. Who stays involved, and who doesn't. There will be an ongoing existing movement to reform the GOP, but whether or not the majority of people on RPF and DP take part in that is yet to be seen.
    Last edited by tbone717; 04-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.

If you want RPF members to join the RLC and help the cause, you probably shouldn't hurl insults at them. Flies; vinegar; honey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast