Thread: What are your views on Chuck Baldwin?

What are your views on Chuck Baldwin?

He's another guy I have great respect for. He speaks the truth, even if the masses don't listen. Similar to Pat Buchanan.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He got my vote in 08...but RON PAUL has been MY president

Wow it felt good just typing his name in all caps...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

If my kids were not in school I would have probably followed him out west.

From what little I actually know of him, he seems like a nice enough guy. <shrug>
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 06-01-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Someone recently told me that he gave a sermon that was very pro-LEO and half of his congregation left because of it. But that is 2nd hand information, take with a grain of salt.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Someone recently told me that he gave a sermon that was very pro-LEO and half of his congregation left because of it. But that is 2nd hand information, take with a grain of salt.
    whats LEO?

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoConPrep View Post
    whats LEO?
    Law Enforcement Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Law Enforcement Officer
    all pastors should be giving pro-LEO sermons. Police officers are more mistreated today than they've ever been.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    all pastors should be giving pro-LEO sermons. Police officers are more mistreated today than they've ever been.
    (source?)

I echo all the positive comments on him in this thread. I voted for him in 08'.

If there is one knock on him it's that as a Christian pastor he gets very locked into his liberty message way too much as the staple of his Christian theology. Don't get me wrong, I think it needs to be spoken on. But the message of the Bible is the Gospel. I have the same criticism who only preach an "Israel" centered, "Prosperity Preachers" and those who get locked into one message.

I think he is a fantastic ally to have.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

He's probably a Paulinist.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Hmm, sounds unlikely to me but who knows. Chuck tends to be one of the best guys when it comes to explaining no one should be above the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He's another guy I have great respect for. He speaks the truth, even if the masses don't listen. Similar to Pat Buchanan.
    He is great.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

If there is one knock on him it's that as a Christian pastor he gets very locked into his liberty message way too much as the staple of his Christian theology. Don't get me wrong, I think it needs to be spoken on. But the message of the Bible is the Gospel. I have the same criticism who only preach an "Israel" centered, "Prosperity Preachers" and those who get locked into one message.

That is a fair point. But in his defense he is really the main Christian ambassador to the liberty movement. He invites all liberty lovers regardless of faith to his church. Explaining how God is the author of liberty and Christ came to set us free may get redundant to those who do believe but so much of his ministry is outreach. I have had the same thought as you before.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post

I more or less agree. He seems to mix politics into his preaching too often. However, he's right on politics 99% of the time.
    Stop believing stupid things

Not a fan of politicians who wear their religion on their shoulder, but politically he is pretty good for one who does.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.