Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millennials - SMMFH

Exclamation Millennials - SMMFH

When faced with their first global freak out, what do they do?

Hoard toilet paper...

Yo, kids, don't forget the Tide Pods either, they make great MREs
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

lol

It's rather embarrassing that I have to be a part of that generation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

These millennials did not age well
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    These millennials did not age well
    But they aged really fast.
    "The Patriarch"

When faced with their first global freak out, what do they do?

Hoard toilet paper...

Where did you get the information that millennial's are the ones hording the tp?
    "The Patriarch"

The sacrificial generation.

WTH are the planning on doing with all of this tp ?
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Where did you get the information that millennial's are the ones hording the tp?
    Anecdotal.

Both my daughter and sister in law work in retail grocery.

I was out running errands today. You would be hard pressed to find a bottle of hand sanitizer in any store in town. Likewise name-brand cleaning supplies and rubber gloves. I saw toilet paper. At both Dollar Tree and Dollar General.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Anecdotal.

Both my daughter and sister in law work in retail grocery.
    Well,that more info than I have, I had no idea who was doing it, or why.
    "The Patriarch"

Goddamn [scapegoated outgroup]! What's wrong with them!

You've become quite bitter and collectivist over the last few years and haven't been acting like yourself.
    Obviously something has been changing for the worse in your life that has nothing to do with millennials, weirdosexuals, or Democrats.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 03-11-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Just to take an opposing view, what if things get really bad and the supply chain breaks down due to too many sick people from Coronavirus?

From where the materials are harvested, to the factory, at the factory - manufacturing process, the distribution process, from distributors to retailers. Anything can wrong in that entire chain of events it takes to get TP on the shelves including quarantines limiting the flow of goods through the process.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I was out running errands today. You would be hard pressed to find a bottle of hand sanitizer in any store in town. Likewise name-brand cleaning supplies and rubber gloves. I saw toilet paper. At both Dollar Tree and Dollar General.
    I could not buy any type of hand sanitizers and all kinds of cleaning wipes or hand wipes were sold out. Regular bleach shelves completely empty. There was splashless bleach left since it does not disinfect. No problem with TP though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post

You've become quite bitter and collectivist over the last few years and haven't been acting like yourself.
    Obviously something has been changing for the worse in your life that has nothing to do with millennials, weirdosexuals, or Democrats.
    Or he has gained wisdom with age.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Well, first of all, the OP is tongue in cheek sarcasm.

I'm bitter now, in my life, for a number of reasons, some, you are quite right, have nothing at all to do with politics.

But some certainly do.

I'm bitter at watching the bulk of the RP "movement" align themselves with Brezhnev Bernie, proving what some more perceptive folks tried to tell me all along, that the "movement" was composed mostly of contrary leftarians interested in nothing but legalized sodomy and weed, or "smash the system" anarchists that had no interest in building a future of freedom but just wanted to smash $#@! for the sake of smashing $#@!.

I'm bitter at being duped into supporting the weirdosexual movement to legalize sodomy as a marriage choice, thinking that by supporting them in that effort, they would in turn reciprocate in efforts toward restoring freedom in other realms. Vain hope. The weirdosexuals backstabbed me and everybody else on the "liberty right" who looked the other way and tried to increase liberty for them, and gained in return, filthier and even more twisted weirdosexualism, accompanied by efforts to normalize pre-pubescent pedophilia.

I'm bitter at watching the antiwar leftarians go into seclusion for 8 years under Obama and then come roaring back in 2016, when I am convinced Trump is actually attempting to reduce foreign entanglements.

The list goes on, but you get the idea.

ETA - And I am very bitter that, right on the very cusp of when it was looking like people were actually starting to listen, when it seemed they were actually opening up to the idea that police were not their friends, and that progress could have maybe finally been made on reducing and rolling back the police state erected since 9/11, something I have spent decades of my life on, the usual suspects moved in, turned the whole issue into one of race, blamed whitey for all of it, and thereby got everybody right back into their corners again.

So the whole disappointing experiment is over for me.

I'm hunkered back down in my bunker, on the prod for those looking to destroy me and mine, and voting GOP.

You are, of course, free to chase as many unicorns as you wish.

Bonne Chance'
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-12-2020 at 01:45 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If wisdom means getting your eyes opened by a smack in the face, then yeah, wisdom achieved.

If wisdom means getting your eyes opened by a smack in the face, then yeah, wisdom achieved.
    Wisdom comes in many ways.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm bitter now for a number of reasons, some, you are quite right, have nothing at all to do with politics.

But some certainly do.

I'm bitter at watching the bulk of the RP "movement" align themselves with Brezhnev Bernie, proving what some more perceptive folks tried to tell me, that the "movement" was composed mostly of contrary leftarians interested in nothing but legalized sodomy and weed, or "smash the system" anarchists that had no interest in building a future of freedom but just wanted to smash $#@! for the sake of smashing $#@!.

I'm bitter at being duped into supporting the weirdosexual movement to legalize sodomy as a marriage choice, thinking that by supporting them in that effort, they would in turn reciprocate in efforts toward restoring freedom in other realms. Vain hope. The weirdosexuals backstabbed me and everybody else on the "liberty right" who looked the other way and tried increase liberty for them, and gained in return, filthier and twisted weirdosexualism accompanied by efforts to normalize pre pubescent pedophilia.

I'm bitter at watching the antiwar leftarians go into seclusion for 8 years under Obama and then come roaring back in 2016, when I ma convinced Trump is actually attempting to reduce foreign entanglements.

Hear Hear...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Just to take an opposing view, what if things get really bad and the supply chain breaks down due to too many sick people from Coronavirus?

From where the materials are harvested, to the factory, at the factory - manufacturing process, the distribution process, from distributors to retailers. Anything can wrong in that entire chain of events it takes to get TP on the shelves including quarantines limiting the flow of goods through the process.
    Could be.

Death rate to infected rate is almost 4%....That's worse than any flu in my lifetime.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I'm bitter now, in my life, for a number of reasons, some, you are quite right, have nothing at all to do with politics.

But some certainly do.

I'm bitter at watching the bulk of the RP "movement" align themselves with Brezhnev Bernie, proving what some more perceptive folks tried to tell me, that the "movement" was composed mostly of contrary leftarians interested in nothing but legalized sodomy and weed, or "smash the system" anarchists that had no interest in building a future of freedom but just wanted to smash $#@! for the sake of smashing $#@!.

I'm bitter at being duped into supporting the weirdosexual movement to legalize sodomy as a marriage choice, thinking that by supporting them in that effort, they would in turn reciprocate in efforts toward restoring freedom in other realms. Vain hope. The weirdosexuals backstabbed me and everybody else on the "liberty right" who looked the other way and tried increase liberty for them, and gained in return, filthier and twisted weirdosexualism accompanied by efforts to normalize pre pubescent pedophilia.

I'm bitter at watching the antiwar leftarians go into seclusion for 8 years under Obama and then come roaring back in 2016, when I am convinced Trump is actually attempting to reduce foreign entanglements.

Excellent rant.

Could be.

Death rate to infected rate is almost 4%....That's worse than any flu in my lifetime.
    If they have the right numbers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Excellent rant.

I have become D-Fens.

You would consider collectively condemning and mocking an entire cohort based on a couple of anecdotes to be wise?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could be.

There could easily be 100 times more infections than they know about, since children and most adults tend to have extremely mild symptoms. They likely wouldn't get tested unless their symptoms are bad or they know that they were in contact with someone who had it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    There could easily be 100 times more infections than they know about, since children and most adults tend to have extremely mild symptoms. They likely wouldn't get tested unless their symptoms are bad or they know that they were in contact with someone who had it.
    Same could be said for the flu

Same could be said for the flu
    It's been around long enough, I have a feeling they have a much better handle on the numbers and how to account for that.

Also keep in mind the flu for the average person is much worse so more people end up getting treatment, covid-19 for most people is extremely mild.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You would consider collectively condemning and mocking an entire cohort based on a couple of anecdotes to be wise?
    Apparently so. He does it daily.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

But some certainly do.

I'm bitter at watching the bulk of the RP "movement" align themselves with Brezhnev Bernie, proving what some more perceptive folks tried to tell me all along, that the "movement" was composed mostly of contrary leftarians interested in nothing but legalized sodomy and weed, or "smash the system" anarchists that had no interest in building a future of freedom but just wanted to smash $#@! for the sake of smashing $#@!.

I'm bitter at being duped into supporting the weirdosexual movement to legalize sodomy as a marriage choice, thinking that by supporting them in that effort, they would in turn reciprocate in efforts toward restoring freedom in other realms. Vain hope. The weirdosexuals backstabbed me and everybody else on the "liberty right" who looked the other way and tried to increase liberty for them, and gained in return, filthier and even more twisted weirdosexualism, accompanied by efforts to normalize pre-pubescent pedophilia.

ETA - And I am very bitter that, right on the very cusp of when it was looking like people were actually starting to listen, when it seemed they were actually opening up to the idea that police were not their friends, and that progress could have maybe finally been made on reducing and rolling back the police state erected since 9/11, something I have spent decades of my life on, the usual suspects moved in, turned the whole issue into one of race, blamed whitey for all of it, and thereby got everybody right back into their corners again.

So the whole disappointing experiment is over for me.

I'm hunkered back down in my bunker, on the prod for those looking to destroy me and mine, and voting GOP.

You are, of course, free to chase as many unicorns as you wish.

Bonne Chance'
    PONIES, BRUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

I can guarantee you that if it REALLY goes down the last thing you will be concerned with is how you are going to get the poo off of your butt! A hungry man doesn't give a $#@! about TP or bottled water.

I agree with AF, but I group everyone into the "humans are $#@!ing idiots" category. Not just soy boy millennials.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast