Thread: Trump's Rollback of Transgender Rights Extends Through Entire Government

Thumbs up Trump's Rollback of Transgender Rights Extends Through Entire Government

Nicolas Talbott, a graduate student at Kent State University in Ohio who is transgender, was told in May that because of President Donald Trump’s transgender ban in the military, he would no longer be eligible for placement as an Army officer. He could continue participating in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps program, but the benefits that he joined for — health insurance and student loan forgiveness — were no longer available to him.“Everyone else would walk away with a job in the United States Army, and I would walk away with just more student loan debt,” Talbott said.
    Talbott’s experience is just one version of a broader story unfolding across vast portions of the federal government as the Trump administration has rolled back a wide array of protections for transgender people, many of them put in place during the Obama administration. The Obama White House used its powers to declare that legal and legislative efforts to defend against sex discrimination should apply to gender identity. The Trump White House called that executive overreach — and reversed course wherever it could.
    Across the country, transgender people and groups that are advocates for them have wrestled with the effect of that shift as they have learned of policy changes from the departments of Education and Labor to the departments of Health and Human Services and Housing and Urban Development, from the Pentagon to the Justice Department to the Office of Personnel Management.
    Last month, a federal district judge struck down a Health and Human Services Department rule that would, among other changes, expand the protections for health care workers who refuse to treat transgender patients if it clashed with their beliefs, the third judge to do so.
    But so many similar regulations are in place or pending that advocates for transgender rights are hardly relieved.
    “We’ve been a priority for this administration since the day they got in the door,” said Gillian Branstetter, a former spokeswoman for the National Center for Transgender Equality, who is transgender.

The Education Department has rescinded Obama-era rules that allowed transgender students to use bathrooms of their choice or participate in sports corresponding with their gender identity.
    The Defense Department has established restrictions on transgender troops that largely prohibit them from transitioning while in uniform. Transgender people who came out before the policy, which went into effect in April, may continue to serve, but that will depend on how four lawsuits play out.
    And while the Department of Health and Human Services’ proposed “conscience” rule regarding health care workers was just rejected by its third court, another proposal from the department would replace Obama-era safeguards that banned discrimination against transgender medical patients and health insurance customers under the Affordable Care Act.
    The Justice Department has moved to roll back protections for transgender people in federal prisons, while the Department of Housing and Urban Development is trying to reverse protections for transgender people in homeless shelters. The Office of Personnel Management has suspended protections for transgender employees of federal contractors.
    Last month, the Education Department drafted a “statement of interest” with the Justice Department to defend a Christian private school in Maryland that was kicked out of a state voucher program in part because it says “God immutably bestows gender upon each person at birth as male or female to reflect His image.”
    Administration officials and their allies say they are protecting the rights of people who do not want to share bathrooms or sleeping accommodations with transgender people, while safeguarding the religious and moral freedoms of medical professionals and others. Civil rights cuts two ways, and the administration is merely shifting the emphasis, supporters say.
    “I think that’s a principle that all Americans benefit from: not being forced to violate their conscience,” said Emilie Kao, director of the Richard and Helen DeVos Center for Religion & Civil Society at the conservative Heritage Foundation.

The administration’s policy changes keep coming. Beyond withdrawing bathroom protections, the Education Department also scrapped Obama-era guidance that told schools to interpret federal civil rights protections as covering gender identity.
    The judicial setbacks for the Health and Human Services Department rule to help health care workers who refuse to help transgender patients did not stop the department from proposing last month to scrap regulations that currently prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation in programs that receive grants from the department. The public comment period is still open.
    Before announcing its plan to weaken protections for transgender people who are homeless, the Department of Housing and Urban Development removed links to documents that listed best practices for emergency shelters serving transgender people. Ben Carson, the housing secretary, repeated concerns from advocates who expressed worry in September that “big, hairy men” pretending to be women would try to get into women’s shelters, The Washington Post reported.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-rollba...201233021.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trans people need to get over themselves. I can't stand to go shopping anymore because of all the people in "costume".I should not have to look at a 6'4_ person dressed like a stripper with too much make up at the check out stand. If I had a store I would tell these people if they have a man's name on their birth certificate they need to come to work dressed as a man not a drag queen. It is disgusting. Then I can get arrested if I don't call them by their delusional pronoun. Hey it's Halloween time at almost every walmart and I am scared and won't shop there.

People who want to publicly humiliate themselves ought to just go to a bar and get drunk like the rest of the fools of society. But they can't expect me to act like I take them seriously.

As far as the military goes I don't want my son in a defense situation depending on someone who is not sure who they are worrying about breaking one of their fake nails. So hell no they should not be able to join the military so the tax payers can incur the expense of their "transition" and their student loan debt. Screw them. I couldn't get in the military because I have high arches. WTF!!!

Sex, race and religion should get no special favors.

This BS started with the Civil Rights Act.

Repeal it and remove the footing for all such arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Trans people need to get over themselves. I can't stand to go shopping anymore because of all the people in "costume".I should not have to look at a 6'4_ person dressed like a stripper with too much make up at the check out stand. If I had a store I would tell these people if they have a man's name on their birth certificate they need to come to work dressed as a man not a drag queen. It is disgusting. Then I can get arrested if I don't call them by their delusional pronoun. Hey it's Halloween time at almost every walmart and I am scared and won't shop there.

People who want to publicly humiliate themselves ought to just go to a bar and get drunk like the rest of the fools of society. But they can't expect me to act like I take them seriously.

As far as the military goes I don't want my son in a defense situation depending on someone who is not sure who they are worrying about breaking one of their fake nails. So hell no they should not be able to join the military so the tax payers can incur the expense of their "transition" and their student loan debt. Screw them. I couldn't get in the military because I have high arches. WTF!!!
    Had some guy with DD tits and a push up bra working the MacDonald's window last night, out in the middle of nowhere NH.

The whole $#@!ing world is going insane...
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I need to be careful about this issue because I don't want to be banned!
    But I agree with Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Sex, race and religion should get no special favors.

This BS started with the Civil Rights Act.

Repeal it and remove the footing for all such arguments.
    This. Groups don't have rights only individuals do.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Had some guy with DD tits and a push up bra working the MacDonald's window last night, out in the middle of nowhere NH.

The whole $#@!ing world is going insane...
    "May I speak to the manager?"

"Just letting you know I won't be returning to this location and will not accept the order I placed due to finding your choice of employee offensive and possibly a health hazard."

Up is down. Left is right. Truth is treason. Treason is righteous. Science is god. Evil is good.

We are told the inverse or opposite of everything is truth and is right. We can stop playing games or continue them. It's a choice.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Up is down. Left is right. Truth is treason. Treason is righteous. Science is god. Evil is good.

We are told the inverse or opposite of everything is truth and is right. We can stop playing games or continue them. It's a choice.
    Most people are going to choose to continue them.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

You mean he canceled their special rights that normal people don't have.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If that's true it's only out of fear of the ga y mafia.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That which cannot continue indefinitely will eventually stop.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "May I speak to the manager?"

"Just letting you know I won't be returning to this location and will not accept the order I placed due to finding your choice of employee offensive and possibly a health hazard."
    I will call a company and complain. I won't eat food at any place where I see 9" nails on someone handling food either. That just instantly freaks me out.

I won't do business with companies who have these freaks handling my food or merchandise sorry. It is not my fault some idiot doesn't know who they are. Maybe if they feel shamed enough they will become inspired to either get a better costume or they will find it is better to identify as who they really are the way God made them.

Now if someone can deceive me with a good enough get up while masquerading as the opposite sex of their birth well fine. I may have been deceived before but, it is not too likely. I think the best way to handle people like this in a secular way is to shun them. I think what most of them need an exorcism. I am pretty sure I have told everyone that I have worked with many trans people it is not that I don't feel compassion for them cause I really do. I have known a few that have actually over come it. Unfortunately, for them it has usually been after they have surgery. I would rather shame them out of their confusion than see them mutilate themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I will call a company and complain. I won't eat food at any place where I see 9" nails on someone handling food either. That just instantly freaks me out.

I won't do business with companies who have these freaks handling my food or merchandise sorry. It is not my fault some idiot doesn't know who they are. Maybe if they feel shamed enough they will become inspired to either get a better costume or they will find it is better to identify as who they really are the way God made them.

Now if someone can deceive me with a good enough get up while masquerading as the opposite sex of their birth well fine. I may have been deceived before but, it is not too likely. I think the best way to handle people like this in a secular way is to shun them. I think what most of them need an exorcism. I am pretty sure I have told everyone that I have worked with many trans people it is not that I don't feel compassion for them cause I really do. I have known a few that have actually over come it. Unfortunately, for them it has usually been after they have surgery. I would rather shame them out of their confusion than see them mutilate themselves.
    I go so far as to request a manager on a phone call when "customer service" people do not speak English as a primary language.

It's not my place to shame anybody but I'll sure as hell shun them and the businesses who support them.

I don't need 'diversity' of any sort! Just look what happened with the Yankees!