Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ME: I'm Transgender and I get to chose which bathroom to go to, not you

ME: I'm Transgender and I get to chose which bathroom to go to, not you

BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Maine's highest court heard arguments Wednesday over whether transgender students can use the bathroom of their choice, and the "girl" at the heart of the case said she hoped justices would recognize the right of children to attend school without being "bullied" by peers or administrators.

Nicole Maines, now 15, watched lawyers argue over whether her rights were violated when the Orono school district required her to use a staff bathroom after there was a complaint about her using the girls' bathroom.

Maines said after the hearing in Bangor that she hopes the Supreme Judicial Court will ensure no one else experiences what she went though.

"I hope they understood how important it is for students to be able to go to school and get an education and have fun and make friends, and not have to worry about being bullied by students or the administration, and to be accepted for who they are," said Maines, who now attends a high school in southern Maine.

Her family and the Maine Human Rights Commission sued in 2009 over the school's actions, but a state judge ruled that the school district acted within its discretion. Maines is a biological male who from an early age identified as a girl.

School officials initially allowed Nicole Maines to use the girls' bathroom in her school, but the policy was altered after the grandfather of a fifth-grade boy complained to school officials. Maines' attorneys said she felt like she was singled out by having to use the staff bathroom.

"In her owns words, she said it was like being picked out of a crowd of students and being told, 'They're the normal students, and you're not,'" said Levi, who argued the case for the family.
    http://news.yahoo.com/transgender-st...153230913.html
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So... Sexual Desegregation is the next big Civil Rights issue?
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Who here hasn't gotten exceptionally drunk and used the wrong bathroom? No big deal, who cares imo
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

*sigh*

Reason to homeschool #23,971

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    So... Sexual Desegregation is the next big Civil Rights issue?
    Of course it will be.

It certainly won't be the fact that government is spying on everything you do 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Who here hasn't gotten exceptionally drunk and used the wrong bathroom? No big deal, who cares imo

"let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

If you think really carefully about it, the rationale behind segregating bathrooms is so that people don't have to share a bathroom with people whom they are uncomfortable sharing a bathroom with. Generally speaking, people are uncomfortable sharing bathrooms with people who fall into either of the following two categories:

A. people of the opposite gender (real gender, not "identified gender")
    B. people who are attracted to our gender

I think we can all agree those are the criteria, right?

So by that logic, gays, lesbians, and transgenders should not be allowed in either the men's OR women's bathrooms.

I don't know what to make of that conclusion. I mean you can have an individual (one person at a time) bathroom. But expecting every place in society to have that kind of accomodation is not reasonable.

The idea that a person has a "right" to use the bathroom of whichever gender they identify with is preposterous.
    Last edited by economics102; 06-12-2013 at 10:16 PM.

im sorry.. but choosing to be a transgender during your years in public school is just asking to be bullied and such.

at least wait till you are an adult =|

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Transgender at age 15? What kind of parents would allow someone so young to make a permanent life-altering mutilation of their own body? I think you have to be 18 to get a tattoo, regardless of parental consent.

Based on thread title I thought OP was coming out as a TS

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Transgender at age 15? What kind of parents would allow someone so young to make a permanent life-altering mutilation of their own body? I think you have to be 18 to get a tattoo, regardless of parental consent.
    Those aren't parents, those are child abusers and enablers of a serious psychological disorder. Instead of getting their son treatment they play into his delusions of being a girl.

There is no significant difference between 15 and 18. So why the hell not?

and how is it any different than circumcision?
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    There is no significant difference between 15 and 18. So why the hell not?
    Legally, yes there is. Like it or not, the law considers an 18-year-old an adult, and a 15-year-old a minor. If 15-year-olds can't vote, smoke, purchase a gun, etc., why can they make the decision to mutilate themselves?

Furthermore, who knows how long this person, or others, has been transgendered? They're fifteen now, but maybe they've been a transgender freak for years?
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 06-13-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Legally, yes there is. Like it or not, the law considers an 18-year-old an adult, and a 15-year-old a minor. If 15-year-olds can't vote, smoke, purchase a gun, etc., why can they make the decision to mutilate themselves?

Furthermore, who knows how long this person, or others, has been transgendered? They're fifteen now, but maybe they've been a transgender freak for years?
    I would think 10 years would be a good number for qualification for gender reassignment, as well as three guardians/authorities in that person's life (parents, grandparents, older siblings, clergy, etc)

That said - I'm for immediately lowering the age of all those you mention to 16 - but I could accept 15 as a compromise between 16 and 14. (the goal would be making 14 the new 18 in the same way 18 is the new 21 which was the new 25)

By the way, you don't see a difference between mutilating one's body (tattoos, piercings, genital reassignment) and purchasing weapons and drugs?
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

There is no human "Right" to use "Whatever bathroom you wish" on someone else's property.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

wtf? the staff bathroom was an upgrade. Why do they want to use the girl's bathroom so badly? $#@!ing pervert.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smart3 View Post
    I would think 10 years would be a good number for qualification for gender reassignment, as well as three guardians/authorities in that person's life (parents, grandparents, older siblings, clergy, etc)

That said - I'm for immediately lowering the age of all those you mention to 16 - but I could accept 15 as a compromise between 16 and 14. (the goal would be making 14 the new 18 in the same way 18 is the new 21 which was the new 25)

By the way, you don't see a difference between mutilating one's body (tattoos, piercings, genital reassignment) and purchasing weapons and drugs?
    LIBERTY!!!!

What a Brave New World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    There is no human "Right" to use "Whatever bathroom you wish" on someone else's property.
    Well, it's not private property in a public school, though that's obviously a simple solution we'd all prefer if they were all private.

Particularly when it comes to underage females and hormone-crazed teenage boys, there is a well-deserved stigma about penises in the girls bathroom (this is assuming non-post-op, if you're willing to go that far, then well, you've earned the right to use that restroom).

God bless America where everything has to be spelled out. Fine then, what men's and women's restrooms really mean is "penis" and "no penis", even though we can't say that. How would you feel if it was a hormone crazed boy using this policy to get into the girl's locker rooms by dressing up like one?

(ETA: though enforcement is quite a tough issue, but if it's an issue, then stop whining that you're singled out, and use the staff restroom, because being different doesn't mean that everyone else has to submit to your will, and make them uncomfortable instead).
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 06-13-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Hilarious topic title. Did you make it ME on purpose?

Did the article say he/she had the surgery yet?

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Based on thread title I thought OP was coming out as a TS
    So did I.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    The school is public property. I'm not sure if the legality of just public, or public and private are both being challenged. This article was honestly pretty vague on a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    wtf? the staff bathroom was an upgrade. Why do they want to use the girl's bathroom so badly? $#@!ing pervert.
    Yeah, that's so perverted that someone who has the mind of a girl wants to use the girls room. Awesome post.
    Last edited by Cutlerzzz; 06-13-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    Yeah, that's so perverted that someone who has the mind of a girl wants to use the girls room. Awesome post.
    Why do you care about the feelings of one person who was given another option, but completely neglect all the others who are made uncomfortable by that accommodation and have no other choice?
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    Hilarious topic title. Did you make it ME on purpose?
    No, but after I looked at it in GEN Politics I noticed the "ME(MainE)" looked funny

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    Why do you care about the feelings of one person who was given another option, but completely neglect all the others who are made uncomfortable by that accommodation and have no other choice?
    Note that I never said that "Nicole" is right. I have no opinion on this specific case as not enough information was given in the article.

My complaint with Warrior of Freedom's post comes from him calling someone who considers his/her self a girl, has changed his name to Nicole, is probably on Estrogen, and has possibly had his/her penis cut off a pervert for using the girls bathroom. Calling Nicole a pervert, as if Nicole is some horny boy trying to spy on girls, is idiotic.

Nicole has serious psychological (or physiological, depending on how you look at it) problems and calling him/her a pervert shows a complete misunderstanding of a complicated issue that we have limited information on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
    \
    Fine then, what men's and women's restrooms really mean is "penis" and "no penis", even though we can't say that.
    I actually like this idea..

Replace "Boys" and "Girls" signs on bathroom doors with "Penis's" and "Vaginas" that'd put a quick end to this identity BS.

It all boils down to friggin' lawyers picking apart the meaning of words....Well even a lawyer can't argue about properly labeled bathroom doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ugh, just ugh. This country has truly lost it's $#@!ing mind.
    other than gay marriage and abortion, nobody really cares about civil liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Replace "Boys" and "Girls" signs on bathroom doors with "Penis's" and "Vaginas" that'd put a quick end to this identity BS.

It all boils down to friggin' lawyers picking apart the meaning of words....Well even a lawyer can't argue about properly labeled bathroom doors.
    "Shake it" and "Wipe it"???

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    "Shake it" and "Wipe it"???
    Tell me some lawyer couldn't twist that all to hell and back...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Wanna bet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast