Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Establishment Compromise: Cruz/Ryan 2016

The Establishment Compromise: Cruz/Ryan 2016

The Establishment Compromise: Cruz/Ryan 2016
    By Brian F. Liberty - March 23, 2016

(RPF) - This is a prediction, but the writing is on the wall for all to see. The establishment has gone all in on defeating Donald Trump, and that means putting their weight behind Ted Cruz. The endorsements are coming fast and furious. Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham have buried the hatchet along with their pride and have backed Cruz. Endorsements are likely to come any day now from Marco Rubio and Scott Walker.

Carly Fiorina was the first in line to join the Cruz campaign and apply for the Vice President slot. While Fiorina looks good on paper to vie as the first woman elected as VP, and to lead an attack on Hillary Clinton, that logic failed badly during her run for Senate in California against Barbara Boxer. She also painted herself as an anti-establishment candidate this campaign season, which may not be exactly true, but it may disqualify her as the establishment favored partner for Ted Cruz.

So who would the GOP establishment want as their compromise candidate for Vice President? No need to look further than the person that Cruz previously partnered with on the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Paul Ryan. This would come as a surprise to no one. Paul Ryan is the golden boy of the GOP establishment. His reputation has been carefully crafted to be perceived as both an establishment protege and team player, as well as a fiscal conservative. Being the reluctant Speaker of the House will not hurt his chances.

Many less informed voters even mistake Paul Ryan for Rand Paul. No reason to correct that misconception if it helps maintain the mystique that Ryan is a maverick conservative that appeals to young voters. If you listen carefully, you can almost hear Grandma saying to her grandchildren "that Paul fellow that you really like is going to be Vice President".

John Boehner
    has already publicly endorsed Paul Ryan, and there can be little doubt that Mitt Romney, who has worked furiously to deny Donald Trump the nomination, would love to insert his previous running mate back into the mix. The “Committee to Draft Speaker Ryan” super-PAC is already in place to ensure that money will be available to wet the appropriate beaks when the time comes. And the neoconservative faction, exemplified by Bill Kristol, have long had Paul Ryan up their sleeves, always waiting for the opportunity to play that card again. There is little doubt that we would immediately see a grinning Kristol on CNN and ABC, singing the praises of Paul Ryan, and the value of his national campaign experience. It might even be enough to prevent Kristol from campaigning for Hillary Clinton.

It remains to be seen if the establishment will be able to drive the GOP into a brokered convention, but it is a certainty that if it does happen, the backroom discussions will include Paul Ryan's name, and likely the proposal of a Cruz/Ryan ticket.

Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    many here will support that if it means cruz/ryan go against Hillary and lose

I cant do that
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    many here will support that if it means cruz/ryan go against Hillary and lose

I cant do that
    I refuse to vote for any candidates but I would consider Cruz/Ryan marginally to moderately (not sure within that range) less bad than either Trump or Hillary.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I refuse to vote for any candidates but I would consider Cruz/Ryan marginally to moderately (not sure within that range) less bad than either Trump or Hillary.
    I'm having a hard time differentiating.

Perhaps this chart will help.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm having a hard time differentiating.

Perhaps this chart will help.

Actually I can tell a difference between charcoal and soot from the others, both are still dark but significantly lighter.

To be clear, I don't think Cruz is Biblically qualified to be a magistrate, and thus I cannot in good conscience choose him to be my magistrate. However, I do think Cruz would do everything in his power to protect the Christian church from anti-discrimination lawsuits for failing to bow down to the sodomite agenda, and from my vantage point that's one of the most important issues. Also I see no reason to doubt that Cruz is pro-life, and that he would not send American women into combat.

Is that "good"? Not really. Is it better than I can even have a shot at getting from Hillary or Trump? Heck yes.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Actually I can tell a difference between charcoal and soot from the others, both are still dark but significantly lighter.

To be clear, I don't think Cruz is Biblically qualified to be a magistrate, and thus I cannot in good conscience choose him to be my magistrate. However, I do think Cruz would do everything in his power to protect the Christian church from anti-discrimination lawsuits for failing to bow down to the sodomite agenda, and from my vantage point that's one of the most important issues. Also I see no reason to doubt that Cruz is pro-life, and that he would not send American women into combat.

Is that "good"? Not really. Is it better than I can even have a shot at getting from Hillary or Trump? Heck yes.
    I'll be darned. I looked at my screen from a different angle and there is a difference on the right side.

The choice spectrum at this point, however, is quite bleak.

No way they run two men against Mrs. Clinton... political correctness forces them to have a woman on the ticket. Maybe Fiorina, maybe someone we aren't thinking of. GOP would play the "Cruz is a minority and Fiorina is a woman! See??? The GOP IS inclusive!!!" line to death.

This is all moot anyway. It's Trumps to lose at this point. The math simply isn't in the GOPs favor. Not sure what some PAC money and 11th hour endorsements can do this late in the game. Trump will get to 1237 or damn close. If they don't give him the nod, his psycho supporters would revolt... and THAT would be fun
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    No way they run two men against Mrs. Clinton... political correctness forces them to have a woman on the ticket. Maybe Fiorina, maybe someone we aren't thinking of. GOP would play the "Cruz is a minority and Fiorina is a woman! See??? The GOP IS inclusive!!!" line to death.
    There is always that hypothesis about needing a woman to run against a woman (proven terribly wrong when Fiorina lost to Boxer). But you are correct, people will be pushing that angle, and Nikki Haley would probably be the leading choice if the pressure for a woman overcomes the good ole boy connections of Ryan.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-23-2016 at 03:59 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think in a few years, you will come out and say that you are gay. It's always the ones that are so rabidly anti-homosexuals that end up being closet homosexuals themselves. Using it as a smokescreen. Time to go to church son. Pray the gay away....
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'll be darned. I looked at my screen from a different angle and there is a difference on the right side.

The choice spectrum at this point, however, is quite bleak.
    I'm not disagreeing. I'm commenting from a "least horrible" perspective. I'm saying I think Cruz is less bad than Trump or Clinton, not that he's good. I'm conscientiously objecting to the system. Admittedly, I care a lot more about social issues in my assessment than most here.

Cruz is way too vulnerable on the plain truth that he is not even close to being eligible! That they are obfuscating this and bellowing at anyone who brings up the subject is not relevant. The fact is that the SCOTUS has at least three times ruled clearly on the main point.. that Naturalized is NOT Natural Born, that born outside the USA to citizen parents though citizen at birth thanks to congress, is STILL a Naturalized citizen the same as someone who immigrates to the USA and becomes a citizen. This is simply because his citizenship is determined by Congress under its jurisdiction over immigration! It is Naturalized citizenship... it is NOT NATURAL BORN citizenship! To say otherwise in a court of law would be to pretend to posses the power to alter the constitution. That is why James Madison chaired the committee which led to the repeal of the act of 1790, it being replaced with the 1795 Act!

Precisely the lie being told, and which fools the Cruz'ers, is that Cruz is definitely a citizen from birth... THEREFORE eligible to be POTUS... a Natural born citizen! He tells it that way... and they believe him! He is an inveterate liar, and a liar of the type that repeats the lie until it becomes believable. The majority soon begin to believe it, and it becomes Orwellian truth!

Further, Romney/Ryan ticket, as President and Vice-president, filed with the FEC on January 30, 2016!

IT ALL HINGES ON WHETHER THEY CAN STOP RAND PAUL! They are willing to disintegrate the party to stop any threat to the FED! It matters not who is POTUS! The CFR is in emergency crash mode right now, and first preventing any possible nomination when a brokered convention, which might have the chance of also inviting Rand to speak, is their prime directive!

Many Cruz delegates are actually old Romney/McCain party hacks, being sent to the convention. It is important that the Rand Paul or Ron Paul folks continue into the convention process, because the real battle will be when the party takes the chance of stopping Trump with the brokered convention. This is their big risk, for at the same time it tries to bring in Jeb or the Romney Ryan ticket. That battle will be historic and tricky!

If the grassroots have become the majority on the floor and know how to set aside the rules, they can come out of the convention with a Paul/Paul ticket if they jolly well pleased, and there would be nothing short of violence the party could do about it!

It only takes small bites to eat an elephant folks... even if it is the elephant in the GOP room!

Nope. Just absofuckingtutely, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
    Cruz is way too vulnerable on the plain truth that he is not even close to being eligible! That they are obfuscating this and bellowing at anyone who brings up the subject is not relevant. The fact is that the SCOTUS has at least three times ruled clearly on the main point.. that Naturalized is NOT Natural Born, that born outside the USA to citizen parents though citizen at birth thanks to congress, is STILL a Naturalized citizen the same as someone who immigrates to the USA and becomes a citizen. This is simply because his citizenship is determined by Congress under its jurisdiction over immigration! It is Naturalized citizenship... it is NOT NATURAL BORN citizenship! To say otherwise in a court of law would be to pretend to posses the power to alter the constitution. That is why James Madison chaired the committee which led to the repeal of the act of 1790, it being replaced with the 1795 Act!
    LOL! The citizenship issue is like at the very total bottom of my list

Sure, why not. Anyone but Trump.

Yea, with Lindsey Graham and P. Bush's dad both endorsing Rafael Cruz, that could be the direction BUT what if GOP base/American people so burnt from Iraq war completely rebelled?

I suspect it will be a no go.

Over 100,000 Americans and many more Iraqis lost lives/limbs due to that costly blunder and so far no one has been brought to trials for that. 22 veterans are killing themselves daily.
    Political retribution/punishment for all Iraq war champions however is inevitable all signs indicate this election season.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bleeahhh blarfobleck

cruz / rand 2016!

I can see it now.... trump into convention with win, convention picks cruz/ryan because $#@! you, trump goes independent because $#@! you, bern gets diebolded because $#@! them, and america gets hillary because $#@! us.

I feel much more free with $#@!ing 4 letter words now that everything gets censored. thanks for that.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I can see it now.... trump into convention with win, convention picks cruz/ryan because $#@! you, trump goes independent because $#@! you, bern gets diebolded because $#@! them, and america gets hillary because $#@! us.

I feel much more free with $#@!ing 4 letter words now that everything gets censored. thanks for that.
    I think just about every possible scenario at this point ends with Clintons in the white house again.

Cruz has better chance than Trump at least.

Up until last week I would have voted for Cruz as a 2nd pick after Trump.

But after he aligned himself with Alinsky leftists and blamed Trump for the actions of the lunatic leftist protesters, and even more shocking, I mean honestly, I thought this was one of those doctored "bad lip reading" things, but it wasn't - he actually blamed Trump for the Brussels attacks.

OK, I get primaries, I know you are in there battling it out, but there is a line. Trump is no Saint, but he doesn't pretend to be one, Cruz on the other hand, trying to say he is some "principled" Constitutionalist and Conservative is just beyond the pale.

I liked him for the most part as a Senator, but his run for Pres has twisted him and shown that when it really matters - he will sell his soul to the devil to get another vote, he has no respect from me and I'd rather have Hillary and hurry on this crash of the system than vote for that sleazy SOB.

Oh man really? Don't get me wrong, despite not being a Christian, I seem to be very "Christian" in may of my moral views so I am opposed to gay marriage and abortion, but:

1. Do you really feel those are the sink or swim issues of our time?

2. Do you really feel Cruz, much as any other Bible clutching Rep will actually do anything significant in this Dept?

Most wonder why anyone would support Trump - look, it is plain as day - he is destroying this PC culture, I don't care what issue you champion, if you are not allowed to even speak on it without being demonized, you will never accomplish anything.

How can you make any progress on abortion when society and the media will just brand you as "anti-woman"?

How can you make any progress on gay marriage BS when society and the media will just brand you a "hateful and bigoted".

Trump is step one, that is all, get rid of these entrenched entities, then be ready to move in with your message.
    Last edited by hankrichter12; 03-23-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think just about every possible scenario at this point ends with Clintons in the white house again.

Cruz has better chance than Trump at least.
    Trump would be closer than cruz. Cruz would solidify all liberals Democrats etc against the GOP. Trump could seal this up with one move that would make independent voters swoon.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post

Oh man really? Don't get me wrong, despite not being a Christian, I seem to be very "Christian" in may of my moral views so I am opposed to gay marriage and abortion, but:

1. Do you really feel those are the sink or swim issues of our time?
    Yes. Abortion is the murder of unborn children, if that's the case, how could it NOT be. That's like saying "lets focus on tariffs not slavery" only worse.

And gay marriage, leaving aside any other reason to care or not to care, is going to lead to the homosexual lobby destroying churches.
    2. Do you really feel Cruz, much as any other Bible clutching Rep will actually do anything significant in this Dept?
    Eh.... I think he might do a little but not much. But then, I was commenting only on who is least bad.

Most wonder why anyone would support Trump - look, it is plain as day - he is destroying this PC culture, I don't care what issue you champion, if you are not allowed to even speak on it without being demonized, you will never accomplish anything.

How can you make any progress on abortion when society and the media will just brand you as "anti-woman"?

How can you make any progress on gay marriage BS when society and the media will just brand you a "hateful and bigoted".

Trump is step one, that is all, get rid of these entrenched entities, then be ready to move in with your message.
    Unless Trump blows up the world first

trump or cruz, i can only laugh as the gop will elect hillary or sanders , the gop deserves it, it is all comedy and establishment from here on, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VsifANR96s
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes. Abortion is the murder of unborn children, if that's the case, how could it NOT be. That's like saying "lets focus on tariffs not slavery" only worse.

And gay marriage, leaving aside any other reason to care or not to care, is going to lead to the homosexual lobby destroying churches.
    and again, what is Cruz going to do about any of it? You are not hearing what I'm saying, Christians have voted for Rep for years based on these issues - things have only gotten worse, there has been some progress made on late term abortions but that is more due to advancements in medicine that can keep a premature baby alive sooner and sooner and also ultrasounds that now can show us what is going on at different stages.

You will vote for someone who will not save one single baby with regards to the abortion issue, all the while killing 100's of thousands in wars and indirectly through funding and weapons funneling to violent regimes, crash the economy causing all kinds of havoc, all because this person says he is pro-life?

You also ignored what I said which is that you cannot make any progress on those issues in this PC culture, until this hostile media and spineless Rep party are cleared out of the way none of your issues will ever be heard. So maybe Donald isn't the most pro-life or pro-traditional marriage, so what, he is making it possible for you to talk about it without becoming a pariah.

Eh.... I think he might do a little but not much. But then, I was commenting only on who is least bad.

Unless Trump blows up the world first
    From a strategic standpoint Trump is bar far the least bad, Cruz may be closer to your beliefs, but he will be helpless to do anything in that regard.

and again, what is Cruz going to do about any of it? You are not hearing what I'm saying, Christians have voted for Rep for years based on these issues - things have only gotten worse, there has been some progress made on late term abortions but that is more due to advancements in medicine that can keep a premature baby alive sooner and sooner and also ultrasounds that now can show us what is going on at different stages.

You will vote for someone who will not save one single baby with regards to the abortion issue, all the while killing 100's of thousands in wars and indirectly through funding and weapons funneling to violent regimes, crash the economy causing all kinds of havoc, all because this person says he is pro-life?

You also ignored what I said which is that you cannot make any progress on those issues in this PC culture, until this hostile media and spineless Rep party are cleared out of the way none of your issues will ever be heard. So maybe Donald isn't the most pro-life or pro-traditional marriage, so what, he is making it possible for you to talk about it without becoming a pariah.

From a strategic standpoint Trump is bar far the least bad, Cruz may be closer to your beliefs, but he will be helpless to do anything in that regard.
    I'M. NOT. VOTING. Didn't I say that? I refuse to EVER vote for a candidate who's donated money to planned parenthood, not to mention supporting the "right" to murder your child, and thinks his daughter is attractive. There's a difference between being politically correct because you have something to say and because you just feel like babbling. I'm not voting for Cruz either.

I'M. NOT. VOTING. Didn't I say that? I refuse to EVER vote for a candidate who's donated money to planned parenthood, not to mention supporting the "right" to murder your child, and thinks his daughter is attractive. There's a difference between being politically correct because you have something to say and because you just feel like babbling. I'm not voting for Cruz either.
    Seriously you're going to say something that silly? OK, well, if you're not voting at all that is a point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

This is all moot anyway. It's Trumps to lose at this point. The math simply isn't in the GOPs favor. Not sure what some PAC money and 11th hour endorsements can do this late in the game. Trump will get to 1237 or damn close. If they don't give him the nod, his psycho supporters would revolt... and THAT would be fun
    Sarah Palin!
    "The Patriarch"

Seriously you're going to say something that silly? OK, well, if you're not voting at all that is a point of view.
    Well, he did go a little beyond that...

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father .
    Last edited by Origanalist; 03-24-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Stated that way I agree with you, but I meant in terms of saying she would have a nice figure for playboy modeling and that he'd date her if she wasn't his daughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic