Thread: Government starts anti-conspiracy theory website

Government starts anti-conspiracy theory website

http://www.america.gov/conspiracy_theories.html

I don't know, but it seems kind of weird that our government would actually make a website like this. Pretty fishy if you ask me.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ill+inside+job

I'll kill the "inside job" and "bioweapons don't exist" birds with one stone...

From the website:
    The United States eliminated all of its biological weapons in the early 1970s. Those who falsely claim otherwise rely on the extraordinary power of this fear to overwhelm facts
    The weaponized anthrax spores used in the Sept./Oct. 2001 anthrax attacks came from government labs at Ft. Dietrich MD.
    Anthrax attack bug "identical" to Army strain report

On May 9, 2002, New Scientist published an article that reported:

'The DNA sequence of the anthrax sent through the US mail in 2001 has been revealed and confirms suspicions that the bacteria originally came from a US military laboratory. The data released uses codenames for the reference strains against which the attack strain was compared. The two reference strains that appear identical to the attack strain most likely originated at the US Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick (USAMRIID), Maryland
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

If their such "mindless fantasies that only the paranoid and delusional partake in", why would they even bother to disregard them?
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

I'm so glad the government made this website. You can always trust the government.
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

Before going to the government anti-conspiracy theory website, I just assumed that we did indeed go to the moon. But since they are debunking the moon landing conspiracy... hummmm... now I wonder.. wtf?
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

I love how in the economic section, they compare us to Marxists

"Economic conspiracy theories are often based on the false, but popular, idea that powerful individuals are motivated overwhelmingly by their desire for wealth, rather than the wide variety of human motivations we all experience. (This one-dimensional, cartoonish view of human nature is at the heart of Marxist ideology, which once held hundreds of millions under its sway.)"
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Cass Sunstein must be beaming about this site. I did love the blurb on Lee Harvey Oswald though.

Quote Originally Posted by TC95 View Post
    I'm so glad the government made this website. You can always trust the government.
    Oh, I know. I mean, if it weren't for the government, how would we ever know what to believe? It's good to know someone's looking out for us.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is outrageous.

I love the debunking the "war on Islam" by citing an Obama speech. Well there's all the proof you need! As long as someone says something isn't true then it is isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Whoops, didn't realize someone made a thread about this already. Guess I didn't do a good enough search. :P

But yeah, it's just really weird they would make such a website. Vessol is right. Why even acknowledge the conspiracies if they're just stupid and crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post

"Economic conspiracy theories are often based on the false, but popular, idea that powerful individuals are motivated overwhelmingly by their desire for wealth, rather than the wide variety of human motivations we all experience. (This one-dimensional, cartoonish view of human nature is at the heart of Marxist ideology, which once held hundreds of millions under its sway.)"
    So we are the Marxists, eh?

Personally, I reject all Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto that our government is adopting!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post

LOL!!! What's really funny about this is that the arguments they demonize here as "conspiracy theory" are the very same ones that have been used by politicians to smear capitalism and get people behind central economic planning. The irony here is just mind-blowing!!!

I love how they say under the military section that depleted uranium isn't harmful. And we never used biological weapons during North Korea.

reminds of a time when i was a kid. A friend and me were breaking windows at an abandoned warehouse.

someone then called the cops. Cop pulls up and the first thing my idiot pal says to the cop: "We werent breaking any windows."

The cop took that as a confession and drove us home, where our parents whooped us. By denying something that had not been witnessed by the cop, he actually convinced the cop of our guilt!

kinds like this website

First rule: Everything the establishment tells you is a lie.

If they tell you that conspiracy theories are fake, they're real.

I wonder if they will try to debunk AIPAC buying elections? Nawww, doubt if they want to handle that one - best to let sleeping dogs lie.
    "Molon Labe"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scary and encouraging at the same time..

I know whenever someone is accused of conspiring, and they deny it, I believe them! People don't lie about this kind of thing, right?
    You can call me a conspiracy theorist as long as I can call you a coincidence theorist.

www.appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by mikem317 View Post
    First rule: Everything the establishment tells you is a lie.

If they tell you that conspiracy theories are fake, they're real.
    Exactly. All this site does is make me even more suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    Exactly. All this site does is make me even more suspicious.

I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: The government does not lie. We never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And we need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deinonychus View Post
    http://www.america.gov/conspiracy_theories.html

I don't know, but it seems kind of weird that our government would actually make a website like this. Pretty fishy if you ask me.
    Holy crap. With all the in-our-face problems we have on the national plate, they are bothering with this?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post

I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: The government does not lie. We never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And we need to go back to work for the American people. Thank you
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

When the fox is in the hen house with a mouth full of feathers -- ask him if he ate the missing chicken. My guess is that he would say "no".

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams