Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Robertson: Trump could risk 'losing the mandate of heaven' with Syria decision

Pat Robertson: Trump could risk 'losing the mandate of heaven' with Syria decision

Longtime televangelist and ally to the president Pat Robertson said Trump is “in danger of losing the mandate of heaven” over his announcement that American forces will pull out of a region of Syria.

Calling Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan a dictator and a thug, Robertson said that he is “absolutely appalled that the United States is going to betray those democratic forces in northern Syria, that we are possibly going to allow the Turkish to come in against the Kurds.”

“To say that (Erdoğan) is an ally of America is nonsense. He is in it for himself,” Robertson said.

The White House announced late Sunday that "Turkey will soon be moving forward with its long-planned operation into Northern Syria. The United States Armed Forces will not support or be involved in the operation." Erdoğan considers the Kurdish forces terrorists allied with insurgents inside his country.

Robertson, who created the Christian Broadcast Network and is host of the 700 Club, made the comments during Monday's show.

Though Robertson has been a consistent Trump defender, he continued to rip the decision, saying that “the president, who allowed (Washington Post journalist Jamal) Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks.”

“And I believe — and I want to say this with great solemnity — the President of the United States is in danger of losing the mandate of heaven if he permits this to happen,” he concluded.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3903941002/

Total looney tunes
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Orange Man bad! Must side with Pat Robertson on this, but he's crazier than a $#@!house rat.
    Last edited by RJB; 10-08-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Pat Robertson: Trump could risk 'losing the mandate of heaven' with Syria decision
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3903941002/

Total looney tunes
    This is sort of good news for MAGA, it means he did not lose the 'mandate of heaven' earlier when he offered special discount prices on t-shirt promotions.

Claim: Television evangelists Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson said that liberal civil liberties groups, feminists, pagans, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters bear partial responsibility for the terrorist attacks on the USA because their actions have turned God’s anger against America.

Conservative GOP Senator Ted Cruz:
    "Donald comes from New York and he embodies New York values." "Everyone understands that the values in New York City are socially liberal, are pro-abortion, are pro-gay-marriage, focused around money and the media."
    Trump admin. launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month

Related

White House fixes fakenews : Trump didn't give Turkey a "green light" in Syria

What a fraud Pat Robertson is to Christianity

Syria has Christian communities still speaking the language of Jesus (Aramaic) & they have been protected by Assad Gov.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Syria

What really motivates Robertson? Is it as simple as he makes it appear--that it all comes down to his theological views? Or are there other parties in the background who don't show their faces and who reward him for his service? Anybody know? And is there actual evidence?

I really don’t think so. The Kurds have a Christian tradition and they are one of the most persecuted people groups in the Middle East. I think they are seen as helpless in a way. They are often referred to as the People without a Country. The largest Kurdish population outside the Middle East lives here. At one time we were closely affiliated with Servant Group International through some friends at church. SGI ministers to the Kurds.

This is one of several topics on which I disagree with Pat. He is a news commentator and this is his opinion.
    Last edited by euphemia; 10-08-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Israel has been involved with the Kurds for decades & factors in Robertson's evangelical beliefs & $$ pocketbook.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    & $$ pocketbook.
    Got specifics on that?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Orange Man bad! Must side with Pat Robertson on this, but he's crazier than a $#@!house rat.
    Exactly! Lot's of people call themselves christians--doesn't mean they are.

Matthew 7:15 (KJV)

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    Matthew 7:16-20 n (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Pat Robertson is going to hell for his support for the iraq war!

NOW I know pulling out of Syria is a good thing. Thanks for the confirmation Pat.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

In my opinion, it is never a good thing to judge someone else’s heart. Pat is 89 years old. He’s a news commentator. Take what he says like you would any other piece of news or commentary and let your critical thinking skills go to work.
    #NashvilleStrong

You know it’s good when both the (D)s and (R)s are loosing their $#@! over this. I support Trump pulling troops from everywhere. None of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    In my opinion, it is never a good thing to judge someone else’s heart. Pat is 89 years old. He’s a news commentator. Take what he says like you would any other piece of news or commentary and let your critical thinking skills go to work.
    See that's the thing. I'm not judging his heart. He may love his creator with all his being. But he is just plain WRONG in his assessment of God's will and interventionism. He has been wrong most of his life and his brand of Christianity needs to be critically cross examined.

I don't know if you are saying this or not, but it's an absolutely false that the Christian is to be non-judgmental. I hear that all the time, but we make value judgements and judge others on a daily basis. I can't think of one Christian who doesn't. It's human nature and it's certainly something that's Biblical. "You will know them by their fruits". Not judging someone simply means not to "condemn" them. It never, nor has it ever, meant not to question or make a judgement call on whether we think someone is holding true to Christian principles and truths.
    Last edited by Todd; 10-08-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pat Robertson is a fake Christian. A real one would actually support the idea of removing troops from Syria. A real one would support the idea of ending endless wars. A real one would not support illegal wars.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 10-08-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

That's all well and good but he is making a statement like he knows the mind of God. God is always in control and he doesn't need a man to speak for him.

Matthew 5:9 (KJV)

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

But that’s his right. He buys the air time. You’re getting a little stuck on one comment. There is a lot of fruit out there from his ministry. He seems to be very much a man of his time when the US would drop everything and go work on some other country’s problem. I don’t think he is exactly right on this.
    #NashvilleStrong

It sounds like Pat's compass is pointing backwards.

I don’t think he is exactly right on this.
    That's an understatement.

What I would say (before I dash off to work) is that it is not unChristian or unbiblical to believe that war will sometimes be necessary. It is unconstitutional for the US to go to war except under certain circumstances. My dad had to do it twice.

I am not a fan of war, but it should only happen when the objectIves are crystal clear and the rule of law under the Constitution is followed right down to the letter.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's all well and good but he is making a statement like he knows the mind of God. God is always in control and he doesn't need a man to speak for him.
    Except down through history God has chosen people to do exactly that.
    #NashvilleStrong

Except down through history God has chosen people to do exactly that.
    ...And throughout history (and in the future) Satan has too.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In my opinion, it is never a good thing to judge someone else’s heart.
    Please.
    The man is a lunatic.

Jesus drove the money-changers out of the temple with a whip.

It was interesting that Pat used the phrase: "the mandate of heaven'

Flashback:

From the days of the Zhou, the theory of the Mandate of Heaven has been closely associated with the problem of establishing the legitimacy of the new government. New dynastic rulers arrive, point out the floods, famine, earthquakes and general distress that characterized the last years of the previous dynasty, and announce that obviously, the previous rulers had lost the Mandate of Heaven, as witnessed by all the destruction.
    https://www.salon.com/2008/05/13/earthquake_in_china/

It just seems like a silly thing to get upset about.
    #NashvilleStrong

It just seems like a silly thing to get upset about.
    Why do you suppose Pat Robertson used "the mandate of heaven" in his reference to the President? Nowhere in the Bible is that phrase used.

It appears that the Communist Chinese have a heavy influence on the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Pat Robertson is a fake Christian. A real one would actually support the idea of removing troops from Syria. A real one would support the idea of ending endless wars. A real one would not support illegal wars.
    Just another phony.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast