Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul talks about agenda under Trump on Fox

Rand Paul talks about agenda under Trump on Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1Tp1X-W6o

Did anyone catch this interview with Rand? Bill Hemmer was on the Outnumbered show later in the morning, and he was somber and almost seemed ready to cry on that show too.

The reason I pulled this video up was that Hemmer later claimed that Rand doesn't want to get rid of Obamacare, just tweak it a little. Is that a valid spin of the interview above?

It seems that the Fox News reaction to the Trump victory has been to undermine all liberty or libertarian oriented GOP Congressmen. Last night they were attacking the House Liberty Caucus.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand sounds like he is going to really push to get things onto Trumps desk as he thinks he will sign them. I think Rand wants to get rid of it (obamacare), but he is going to go after things he can do (open market insurance)quickly in order to help people that need it now.

Long term something else will be crafted but it will probably take months before it comes out.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Varney interview today: Seems pretty clear. Looks the interviews were back to back as well.
    http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/52032...#sp=show-clips Sen. Paul on Obamacare: I would vote to repeal the whole thing

Rand is smart. You don't really need to do anything with Obamacare, just remove the anti competition regulations, open up the insurance market and allow competition and Obamacare will just eventually fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Rand is smart. You don't really need to do anything with Obamacare, just remove the anti competition regulations, open up the insurance market and allow competition and Obamacare will just eventually fade away.
    Cant agree at all. It should be repealed immediately, but if there is one thing that should be done first its getting rid of the illegal mandates and penalties.

Any time getting rid of legislation is proposed by anyone it's a good thing!

Tinkering with legislation is NOT a good thing.

All legislation carries the threat of armed kops coming to your door, even the most benign sounding 'policy'....

Trump ran on the violation of the Bill of Rights and individual liberty. Rand Paul needs to be the voice for liberty and call out Trump when uses the terror watch list to remove arms without due process. He needs to stand up to Trump when he tries to restrict freedom of the press and religion.

I like Rand's "small impactful bills" philosophy, focusing on less regulation, less spending, less taxes, more freedom. Great way to move the needle.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People like Rand need to swat away annoying flies like Christie and Rudy from Trump's side or they're going to be the voice in his ears come next year. Seriously. I hope the Trump supporters on here take a good hard look at the people Trump has surrounded himself with. They are still the enemy, even if they assisted Trump in his win. Many of them are "former" neocons or just out-and-out big government mobsters like Christie. You beat Clinton, now beat the scum that are trying to be the voice of the Trump administration before it's even began.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Not sure I agree with Rand's tone right now.

There is a lot of hate from the left and a lot of that can be absorbed and utilized if the right message is sent from somebody like Rand.

Then again, he's probably tired of campaigning and just wants to get some work done now that they have congress and the oval. Can't blame him.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by helenpaul View Post
    Cant agree at all. It should be repealed immediately, but if there is one thing that should be done first its getting rid of the illegal mandates and penalties.
    They don't have the votes for a repeal, but they can broaden the criteria for exemption from the mandate, to the extent that just about anyone can claim an exemption. Also, they can defund the ad campaigns that were driving new signups, however over 100K have signed up since yesterday.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Rand was being honest and realistic. He said it would take 60 in the Senate for a full repeal, and that will likely be difficult, if not impossible. You would probably have RINOs like Graham and McCain join the Democrats to block repeal.

But for a political talk show, what they really want to hear is bluster. "Absolutely! The first thing we will work on is repeal of Obamacare!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They don't have the votes for a repeal, but they can broaden the criteria for exemption from the mandate, to the extent that just about anyone can claim an exemption. Also, they can defund the ad campaigns that were driving new signups, however over 100K have signed up since yesterday.
    They do have the votes. it can be done with 51 votes thru budget reconciliation and they did it last year but obama vetoed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

All legislation carries the threat of armed kops coming to your door, even the most benign sounding 'policy'....
    Except a LOT of Randal proposed bills actually are aimed are REMOVING their authority to show up at your door over issues. ie: legislation removing authority they have already grabbed.

They do have the votes. it can be done with 51 votes thru budget reconciliation and they did it last year but obama vetoed it.
    They can't repeal it all at once through reconciliation, they can do what they tried last year which would get rid of the mandate and other parts of it. They would be left with the part that forces the insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions. If they don't remove that part, the insurance companies may as well file for bankruptcy. That would play out 1 of 2 ways- the Democrats go along with a full repeal, or they let the GOP take out the mandate, call their bluff and things get ugly from there.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Umm, just repealing it immediately would trigger MASSIVE social unrest. There's millions of people that signed up for this bull$#@! and obamacare effects the entire health insurance market. A smooth transition would be to just remove regulations on selling across borders and allow companies to start selling whatever kind of insurance plans they want and the marketplace will shift automatically. Obamacare would just vanish on it's own merit. Besides, repealing and replacing it with another govt bull$#@! program will take YEARS to do if they can even do it. Rand and Ron are right.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    I like Rand's "small impactful bills" philosophy, focusing on less regulation, less spending, less taxes, more freedom. Great way to move the needle.
    I do too. I hope that Rand can influence Trump.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Rand sounds like he is going to really push to get things onto Trumps desk as he thinks he will sign them. I think Rand wants to get rid of it (obamacare), but he is going to go after things he can do (open market insurance)quickly in order to help people that need it now.

Long term something else will be crafted but it will probably take months before it comes out.
    This seems a pretty sound read.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

The reason I pulled this video up was that Hemmer later claimed that Rand doesn't want to get rid of Obamacare, just tweak it a little. Is that a valid spin of the interview above?
    $#@! no. That's why Trump won, the media just can't quit it with the lies.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Umm, just repealing it immediately would trigger MASSIVE social unrest.
    Nonsense. Just as many people were affected just as much when it was put into place - in an outrageous mockery of legislative action - and there was no social unrest then.

I love how he casually talks about unraveling the regulatory war. lol.

Reminds me of this:

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Nonsense. Just as many people were affected just as much when it was put into place - in an outrageous mockery of legislative action - and there was no social unrest then.
    Nonsense. The difference is the working class was affected when it was put into place and the former uninsured/unemployed/poor will be affected if it's removed. They're showing you right now what they'll do if you take it away, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Well, you could just go in and remove all mandates and regulatory authority. Then the whole thing becomes a voluntary program that nobody volunteers for.

The danger to that approach is the next President can just pick them up, have Congress re-enact some mandates and authorities and start doing it all over again.

Nonsense. The difference is the working class was affected when it was put into place and the former uninsured/unemployed/poor will be affected if it's removed.
    All the same people are affected by repeal as were affected by its passage.

Why am I hearing a hard-left argument for the biggest of tyrannical big government programs here, again?

They're showing you right now what they'll do if you take it away, guaranteed.
    If it's a war they want, they'll lose.

If you are willing to buckle under threats of violence, step aside and let the adults handle this.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1Tp1X-W6o

Did anyone catch this interview with Rand? Bill Hemmer was on the Outnumbered show later in the morning, and he was somber and almost seemed ready to cry on that show too.

It seems that the Fox News reaction to the Trump victory has been to undermine all liberty or libertarian oriented GOP Congressmen. Last night they were attacking the House Liberty Caucus.
    It would be beneficial for the left to believe that Rand merely wants to tweak the PPACA. That will instill their confidence in his leadership of the project, and help to pressure more of America (and thus more of the Senate) into backing his plan. If I had my druthers, I'd ruther the right accurately understood Rand's intent to gut Obamacare while the left retained the impression he would merely tweak it.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It would be beneficial for the left to believe that Rand merely wants to tweak the PPACA. That will instill their confidence in his leadership of the project, and help to pressure more of America (and thus more of the Senate) into backing his plan. If I had my druthers, I'd ruther the right accurately understood Rand's intent to gut Obamacare while the left retained the impression he would merely tweak it.
    This is where activism within local GOP organizations helps a lot. You can go in, point out what Rand is really saying to everyone, and let everyone know that it is better for all Americans if the left retains the general impression that Rand only wants to 'tweak' the plan. If we were serious about doing this I think we could turn it into a home run and deliver Rand everything he wants on a silver platter.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    People like Rand need to swat away annoying flies like Christie and Rudy from Trump's side or they're going to be the voice in his ears come next year. Seriously. I hope the Trump supporters on here take a good hard look at the people Trump has surrounded himself with. They are still the enemy, even if they assisted Trump in his win. Many of them are "former" neocons or just out-and-out big government mobsters like Christie. You beat Clinton, now beat the scum that are trying to be the voice of the Trump administration before it's even began.
    i like trump.. i dont like anybody in his supposed cabinet with the exception of ben carson. i think trump is a strong enough personality to steer the ship his way but I agree with you thatd id rather not have authoritarians like rudy and christie involved too deeply with him.. trump being authoritarian as he is is enough

If one person went into every County GOP meeting in America and said, "This is what Senator Paul's actual plan to dismantle Obamacare is. It is being portrayed as merely a tweak of Obamacare in order to divide us. However I propose we use their own ammunition against them and let the liberals believe that he only wants to tweak it."

Rand Paul will end up with 100% of what he wants in a health care bill and it will pass and be signed into law before Independance Day.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    All the same people are affected by repeal as were affected by its passage.

Why am I hearing a hard-left argument for the biggest of tyrannical big government programs here, again?

If it's a war they want, they'll lose.

If you are willing to buckle under threats of violence, step aside and let the adults handle this.
    You think that I'm making a hard-left argument in favor of obamacare? Well, that's the problem then... Missunderstanding. I'd abolish the entire Federal Govt if it was up to me. I was simply stating instead of futzing with Obamacare, completely deregulate the ins market and Obamacare would just melt away on it's own merit.

It will be very interesting to see if Trump will work with Rand. They both seem very pragmatic about getting things done. I have always loved Rand's position that "We don't need to overhaul the whole thing in one bill - that will take forever. Let's start by passing the incremental stuff that both sides agree on."

Get some traction and build some momentum.

I think Trump will respond to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast