Thread: Trump to Continue "Freaking Mainstream Media Out", Will "Boldly Use" Twitter

Trump to Continue "Freaking Mainstream Media Out", Will "Boldly Use" Twitter

Trump to Continue "Freaking Mainstream Media Out", Will "Boldly Use" Twitter For Policy Announcements
    by Tyler Durden
    Jan 2, 2017 9:10 AM
    SHARES
    Twitter Facebook Reddit
    Having drawn the ire of the mainstream press for his extensive use of Twitter in announcing major developments and policy shifts, President-elect Donald Trump will not end the "onslaught" of posts on Twitter that fed his unconventional campaign, even after taking on the formalized duties of the Oval Office later this month, as Bloomberg notes following an announcement by incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer who said he expects Trump "will boldly use" Twitter to make major policy announcements.

Shortly after his victory on November 8, Trump said in an interview on CBS’s “60 Minutes” that he was rethinking his use of social media: “I’m going to be very restrained, if I use it at all, I’m going to be very restrained,” Trump said. That, however, has not happened and since then, during the countdown to Inauguration Day on Jan. 20, he’s shown little sign that he intends to follow that pledge.

In fact, making news and issuing statements on social media sites that also include Facebook and Instagram will “absolutely” continue, despite any prior promises to the contrary, incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week.”

“You know what? The fact of the matter is that when he tweets, he gets results,” Spicer said.

“You know, with all due respect, I think it freaks the mainstream media out that he has this following of over 45 plus million people that follow him on social media, that he can have a direct conversation,” Spicer said. “He doesn’t have to have it funneled through the media.”

Indeed, he doesn't, and the fact that the media suddenly finds itself locked out in this most important of information dissemination and filtration pathways, has unleashed the biggest period of soul-searching for the conventional press in decades.

continued..http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...olicy-announce
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Spicer kept interrupting the questions that the interviewer was attempting to ask. So it was this monologue with two voices taking over each other. Not the interviewer's fault. I would have preferred to listen to Laura Ingraham.
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-02-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    He's gotta point in regards to China

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    He's gotta point in regards to China
    Sean was spicy then became spicier then became monumentally annoying. Also, what's that in his pocket? A 3X5 card? Does not appear to be a pocket kerchief. Also, why is he fumbling through notes at 4:34? He looks and sounds like he was teleported out of an old Edward G. Robinson movie or possibly a J. Edgar Hoover meeting.

Last edited by anaconda; 01-02-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Sean was spicy then became spicier then became monumentally annoying.
    Agree, but I enjoyed the points he made about the DNC primary and how why isn't anyone calling Hillary and the DNC out for influencing the election to which the host admitted that the whole thing was corrupt but it really didn't matter since it was only the primary.

Allowing Trump to comment unfiltered on world affairs and world leaders unfiltered won't end well. He could insult the wrong dictator and the nukes could fly.

Any Hitler historians out there who happen to know if he ever said, in the 1930's, that his administration would not be "business-as-usual?"

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Agree, but I enjoyed the points he made about the DNC primary and how why isn't anyone calling Hillary and the DNC out for influencing the election to which the host admitted that the whole thing was corrupt but it really didn't matter since it was only the primary.
    Yes, I agree that he scored points for that, as well as the China comment that you mentioned above. Too bad he's so annoying that I will be reluctant to listen to him in the future. I may have to find my Fuhrer's talking points through another medium (presumably Twitter once I figure out how it works).
    Last edited by anaconda; 01-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Yes, I agree that he scored points for that, as well as the China comment that you mentioned above. too bad he's so annoying that I will be reluctant to listen to him in the future. I may have to find my Fuhrer's talking points through another medium (presumably Twitter once I figure out how it works).
    True dat

I am tired of Saudi Arabia influencing our elections. Why isn't anyone talking about all the money Clinton received from Saudi Arabia. As far as election hacking goes though why is the establishment using the election to start a war with Russia? Why is the establishment hacking the election to install world war 3?

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I am tired of Saudi Arabia influencing our elections. Why isn't anyone talking about all the money Clinton received from Saudi Arabia. As far as election hacking goes though why is the establishment using the election to start a war with Russia? Why is the establishment hacking the election to install world war 3?
    Hacking is a weapon of mass destruction. Either you are with us, or you are with the hackers.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    That goes along with how many licks does it take to get to the center of the Tootsie Pop? ... the world may never know.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Allowing Trump to comment unfiltered on world affairs and world leaders unfiltered won't end well. He could insult the wrong dictator and the nukes could fly.
    Are you implying our military still has some conquering to do? I thought we have had everybody in our pockets by now. What's going on?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-01-02 20:16:39.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	5516

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Pretty good interview. Kept the foot on the gas pedal a little too hard, though. Ought to play it cool until time to throw down for just a couple of points, then put the game face back on.

He could take a few lessons from Kellyanne Conway - she became masterful at this.

He'll get better.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-02-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Are you implying our military still has some conquering to do? I thought we have had everybody in our pockets by now. What's going on?
    I'm more worried about somebody lobbing one at us, not us at them. Trump could call Kim Jung Un a fatass and he could launch one. Our country at least has some checks and balances, Trump couldn't have a hissy fit and nuke somebody at least in theory.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm more worried about somebody lobbing one at us, not us at them. Trump could call Kim Jung Un a fatass and he could launch one. Our country at least has some checks and balances, Trump couldn't have a hissy fit and nuke somebody at least in theory.
    You know this is BS.

lol.. this is exactly why Trump is bypassing the legacy media.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You know this is BS.
    No I don't. Trump actually did it last night.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-n-kore...234756062.html

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    lol.. this is exactly why Trump is bypassing the legacy media.
    Sometimes that is a good. In this case he needs a filter. North Koreans are like Asian rednecks basically if you ask anyone with an understanding of their politics and culture. All it takes is one "hold my beer and watch this" and it's nuclear war.

Anybody remember this? Another pledge quickly forgotten (as if anyone expected him to keep this one!)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/12/medi...er-60-minutes/

Trump: Twitter helped me win but I'll be 'restrained' now

Donald Trump says social media helped him win the presidential election -- but he'll be "restrained" about using Twitter and Facebook once in power.

In an interview with CBS, set to air on Sunday, Trump also tells Lesley Stahl that social media gives him "a method of fighting back" against negative news coverage.
    He calls social media "tremendous."

Once he's in the White House, however, "I'm going to be very restrained, if I use it at all, I'm going to be very restrained," he told Stahl.

The interview excerpt was released on Saturday evening. The interview will air on "60 Minutes" on Sunday.

Trump apparently continues to keep a close eye on his social media metrics. Between Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, he has about 28 million connections, he said.

"I think I picked up yesterday 100,000 people," he said. "I'm not saying I love it, but it does get the word out."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Anybody remember this? Another pledge quickly forgotten (as if anyone expected him to keep this one!)

OMG impeach him!!!

lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

No normal people expect him to keep any of his campaign promises. Which is probably a good thing. The trumpkins are all going to lose their $#@! when he doesn't register the mooslims and doesn't build a wall to keep the messicans out.

Do you ever actually read what you post? He isn't even in the White House yet... He said he would be more restrained when he was in the White House.

Honestly this is a "pledge" he should break though (actually, it wasn't a "pledge" it was just a statement he made).
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No normal people expect him to keep any of his campaign promises. Which is probably a good thing. The trumpkins are all going to lose their $#@! when he doesn't register the mooslims and doesn't build a wall to keep the messicans out.
    Wake me up when you actually make an accurate prediction about Trump or any of his supporters.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wake me up when you actually make an accurate prediction about Trump or any of his supporters.
    This seems appropriate.

Last edited by Jamesiv1; 01-03-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    This seems appropriate.

That, is never appropriate. Ever.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    That, is never appropriate. Ever.
    lol

Can anyone make an accurate prediction about Trump or the trumpkins? He makes it up as he goes and they make it up as they go to cover for him.