Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I filed to run for state representative in the 113th district in Kansas

I’ve found that a lot of the social conservatives that I’ve talked to in my area are very open minded when I advocate a non interventionist foreign policy. I don’t believe they’re neocons or warmongers. It’s actually been my experience that the non religious conservatives tend to be more pro war.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I’ve found that a lot of the social conservatives that I’ve talked to in my area are very open minded when I advocate a non interventionist foreign policy. I don’t believe they’re neocons or warmongers. It’s actually been my experience that the non religious conservatives tend to be more pro war.
    That's how it seems to me as well, even those who love the MIC are open to doubting that any given war is a good idea, every year that passes since 9/11 sees a drop in WOT fervor.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Sorry, I don't self censor.

If Brett thinks that he will be smeared by association with RPF, he will slink away like any other wannabe politician.

Or, he might refute my brilliant, albeit sarcastic, truths about the Kansas variety of boobus.

Or, perhaps he embraces free discussion and politely avoids contentious topics on internet forums.

Kansas, by the way, has produced perhaps the most virulent strain of murderous ideologues and neocons and gun-grabbers from John Brown to Bob Dole, Sam Brownstain, and Nancy Kassebaum.
    For Brett's sake lets hope that phill4paul does not see this thread then. Since the last time a simple basic policy question was a directed at a forum member that decided to run in a thread like this, he and others could not hack it, and subsequently derailed it with cussing to get it moved to Hot Topics. A new sanitized version was then created that contained only cheerleading without policy questions since we are all about safe spaces now.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The new and improved website is now live:
    http://brettfairchild.com/
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

^ Website looks really sharp. Godspeed, Brett.

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    I pledge to introduce a Life at Conception bill to clarify that unborn children have legal protection under the 14th Amendment, and these children cannot be deprived of Life, Liberty, or Property without Due Process of Law. This will be the first bill that I introduce as a state legislator.
    ^ Edited suggested statement from sratiug.

As I recall this was one of the first things Rand did when he took office.

Cleaner44 did a great job with the website. It looks really good!

Hi Brett. I'd never do what you're doing but I wish you the best in all you're trying to do.

Clean site, not cluttered and overwhelming. Header isn't mobile friendly- will want to make sure it's dynamic and will look and play nice with mobile devices.

Besides that, I really like it. Great job, guys and break a leg, Brett.

Oh, and it may be cheesy...

I was looking at your education page and you're discussing the raises and teacher pay... I'd really put a lot of focus on that area.

Anyway, on to the cheesy part-

Fair Taxes,
    Fair pay,
    Fairchild.

🤔

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Clean site, not cluttered and overwhelming. Header isn't mobile friendly- will want to make sure it's dynamic and will look and play nice with mobile devices.

Besides that, I really like it. Great job, guys and break a leg, Brett.
    Fixed the header so that it is now mobile friendly.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I already had a yard sign stolen today. I was just thinking that I wanted to get an early start on that to boost name recognition, but if people are going to steal my signs then I might have to wait until 30-60 days before the election to put out yard signs.

Dont wait- be a damn warrior. Hungry men don't wait.

For every one they take, put up two. Document it on video in calm clear fashion "we will not be silenced... dirty tactics will not sway our resove"... yada yada. If and when it gets ridiculous, call the local media, offer up your documentation, get some free publicity.

Hell, if you can manage to get someone on video in the act, and can even loosely tie them back to someone, it'll be a goldmine.

So now our state Attorney General is trying to shut down stores that sell CBD oil, and we have state legislators who have actually introduced legislation to ban CBD oil. This has to be the most anti liberty thing that I've ever heard of. It's not hard to be more libertarian than your average state legislator in Kansas.

http://ksnt.com/2018/01/29/local-sho...book_KSNT_News

http://fox4kc.com/2018/01/29/bill-in...nflower-state/

From the article.

"On Monday, a bill was introduced to the state legislature in Topeka, which would make the penalty for possession of CBD the same as it is for holding pot."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Fixed the header so that it is now mobile friendly.
    That's great! You did a beautiful job.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The new and improved website is now live:
    http://brettfairchild.com/
    The website is much better. Great platform too.

When is the primary?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

When is the primary?
    August 7th.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That's great! You did a beautiful job.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post

When is the primary?
    August 7th.
    This is good info that should be added to the website.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

So I guess no one is surprised that Kansas legislators are trying to ban CBD oil?

I don't know how state politics will bring free-market health care...

Update: So far no one has officially filed to run against me. The current rep who won by such a large margin the last time around hasn't filed to run for reelection yet. There have been some rumors that he's not going to run. However, I'm not taking anything for granted. I'm continuing to campaign hard and fund raise as if he's going to run.

Also, I may have a Democratic opponent. I was in Hutchinson, Kansas the other day for interviews, and a man from a nearby town was there, and he said that he was considering running in the 113th district as well. He's the head of the Democratic Party in the county where I live. However, I haven't come across anyone who actually knows him, and it's very hard for a Democrat to get elected in my district. However, I'm not taking anything for granted. As I said, I'm continuing to do everything I need to do.

I just don't know for sure who my opponent will be, or if I'll have one at all. It's not uncommon to have uncontested races in Kansas. The pay for state legislators in our state is low, and there's just not much of an incentive for people to run for political office. Of course, I might still face the current representative in the Republican Primary, or I might face the Democratic candidate that I mentioned in the general election, or I might face both the current rep in the GOP primary and the Democratic candidate in the general election. (And again, it's possible that I won't face anyone, as no one has officially filed yet.) The filing deadline is at the end of May, so I'll find out by then who my opponent will be or if I'll have an opponent.
    Last edited by Brett85; 04-21-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Update: So far no one has officially filed to run against me. The current rep who won by such a large margin the last time around hasn't filed to run for reelection yet. There have been some rumors that he's not going to run. However, I'm not taking anything for granted. I'm continuing to campaign hard and fund raise as if he's going to run.

Also, I may have a Democratic opponent. I was in Hutchinson, Kansas the other day for interviews, and a man from a nearby town was there, and he said that he was considering running in the 113th district as well. He's the head of the Democratic Party in the county where I live. However, I haven't come across anyone who actually knows him, and it's very hard for a Democrat to get elected in my district. However, I'm not taking anything for granted. As I said, I'm continuing to do everything I need to do.

I just don't know for sure who my opponent will be, or if I'll have one at all. It's not uncommon to have uncontested races in Kansas. The pay for state legislators in our state is low, and there's just not much of an incentive for people to run for political office. Of course, I might still face the current representative in the Republican Primary, or I might face the Democratic candidate that I mentioned in the general election, or I might face both the current rep in the GOP primary and the Democratic President in the general election. (And again, it's possible that I won't face anyone, as no one has officially filed yet.) The filing deadline is at the end of May, so I'll find out by then who my opponent will be or if I'll have an opponent.
    Good to hear.
    Glad to hear you aren't taking it easy, always run like you are 10 points behind.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I just don't know for sure who my opponent will be, or if I'll have one at all. It's not uncommon to have uncontested races in Kansas. The pay for state legislators in our state is low, and there's just not much of an incentive for people to run for political office. Of course, I might still face the current representative in the Republican Primary, or I might face the Democratic candidate that I mentioned in the general election, or I might face both the current rep in the GOP primary and the Democratic candidate in the general election. (And again, it's possible that I won't face anyone, as no one has officially filed yet.) The filing deadline is at the end of May, so I'll find out by then who my opponent will be or if I'll have an opponent.
    May filing deadline sure is late for primaries.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    May filing deadline sure is late for primaries.
    Yeah, it seems like it. Our primary isn't until August 7th though, so we have a later primary date than most states.

Yeah, it seems like it. Our primary isn't until August 7th though, so we have a later primary date than most states.
    Still time to further educate the voters.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For those of you who are on Facebook, I created a Facebook page for my campaign. I'm trying to get as many "likes" as possible, so I'd appreciate it if you guys could "like" my page.

https://www.facebook.com/Brett-Fairc...dmin_todo_tour

If @dannno and @Anti Federalist haven't decided what to do about their bet now that gunny lost they might want to consider Brett.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    If @dannno and @Anti Federalist haven't decided what to do about their bet now that gunny lost they might want to consider Brett.
    A Ted Cruz supporter???

Hmmm... will have to think about that.. I mean I don't doubt it would be better if he won than his opponents.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A Ted Cruz supporter???

Hmmm... will have to think about that.. I mean I don't doubt it would be better if he won than his opponents.
    A Ted Cruz supporter? I voted for him after Rand dropped out of the race, because I felt he was better than Trump. He's far from perfect though. The Ted Cruz back in 2013 was far better than today's Ted Cruz. He tried to get the support of the liberty movement back then but has drifted away, supporting bills that infringe on civil liberties and voting for a budget busting spending bill a few months ago.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast